Mirror Changed Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

Mirror Changed – Chapter 10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Courtney~

              The last week had been a frustrating lesson in patience for the dangerous and well dressed Courtney.  Though ultimately vindicated by the others of her small grouping, she still felt angry at herself for losing the young magus in the local mall.  She swore that the other Chosen had fled into the theater, but after making a bit of a ruckus she had been forced to give up.  The threat of the breeders police force didn’t really scare her off.  There was little they could possibly do that would more than inconvenience her. 

              It was near to where her quarry had been most of the evenings this week that she once more found herself.  She had been there just at the right time to luck out and the little youngling had wandered cluelessly back into her sights.  Of course that was lucky for her, not lucky for the little wastrel.  It was her own fault though and she knew it.  Wouldn’t admit it, even to herself, yet still she knew it.  Self rationalization was a good thing through the years for Courtney, it let her do things that an otherwise closer to sane person would not.

              She had wanted to deliver the newly born magus to the clan.  She was determined to bring in the Magus no matter what, even though before she had been following the strictures that her clan imposed.  Sure the breeders that comprised all but the smallest percentage of this planets intelligent species, that did not make them the true dominant though.  It was her kind that were truly dominant, the true Apex of what was and could be.  They just did not yet know it.  If Gaia was to have its way then they would given time. 

             

              For now all Courtney needed to do was to wait for the appropriate moment.  In fact it was with ridiculous ease that she was able to track the other Changed individual. 

              Courtney didn’t think much of her, she was always so distracted and oblivious to her surroundings while in her birth form.  The newborn Chosen may as well have been standing still like a deer in the headlights for all the good that it would do.

              ‘These new Changed were like so much sheep,’ Courtney thought to herself.  Not much better than lower humanity that Balance strove so hard to keep the veil of ignorance pulled over their eyes.  Making them not much more than mere animals.  Yet in their arrogance they lost their place and put themselves far and above all other species.  It was not balance as far as the Changed of Gaia felt, but rather incredible imbalance that would only result in the end of life on this wonderful planet.

              When she had first taken the Gift of Gaia and made her first Change the world had been different.  At least the lower humans had a fire in their guts and were not afraid to fight for what they believed in.  She often sneared at the pampered and brain dead existence most of humanity lead these last few decades.  Her quarry seemed to be cut whole cloth from that mold.  Such a waste of the Gift.  Yet, it was supposed to be an opportunity according to her Elder.  To bring this weak minded Magus in, so that she may be swayed to her Clans way of thought.  And if she was not?  Well, that would just be a shame was her malicious thought on the matter.

              Unlike the youth she followed and derided, the flame haired woman did not completely lose herself in thought.  She was focused on her prey, regardless of any errant observation or introspection.  So when the youth once again entered the mall in which Courtney had lost her last she was properly in place to follow.  Due to the late hour almost all the stores were closed.  So it was with no surprise that the Magus entered into the cinema again.  It was the same one where she had lost her prior.

              Not this time though, instead she was closer to her prey.  Almost entering on the heals of her target in fact.  The only people left in the mall were the guards, the hangers on, and the movie goers that would soon head back to their tired and dismal lives.  The less people around the better.  If Courtney could force the young Magus to follow her then it would be better.  If not?  Then she would force the Magus to Change and then carry her out.  That would be fine as well.

              The youth seemed to finally clue in to how close she was.  Courtney had felt that the Magus had known she was being pursued, but now that awareness became much more apparent. 

              ‘Good.’

              Now the real encounter could begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Jayde~

              So far so good.  Especially now that the creepy slasher movie poster had been taken down in the lobby.  If I survive this I am never letting anyone take me to one of those.  Nope, never again.  Never ever.

              The entrance lobby was nice and quiet.  Some people were hanging out, like I was attempting to do.  Others either in line to get snacks or possibly waiting on someone else.  So, with a good view of the mall hallway outside through the semi mirrored windows I could cover both entrances and be able to avoid nasty creepy stalker chick.

              I was really tired of this weirdness popping up in my life.  Hopefully things could go back to the old rigamarole.  I almost laughed at how I had been grousing about conformity and mundane comfort not long ago.  Perhaps there was a lot more to be said about the comfort of being a fast food worker.  At least I knew what to expect from it.

              “Shit!”

              She was already inside.

              How had I missed her?  Seeing the psycho close up once more I was stunned by her looks.  Her skin had a light sheen of moisture on it.  Like either from sweat or the mist from outside lingering after the weather.  Her current outfit was the same cut as before except that both the halter vest and the tight leather pants were a dark blood red.  She had some type of leather bands on her forearms.  From wrist to just below the elbow, and a bronze coiled band on her upper right arm.

              Her expression matched her predatory appearance.  She was an Amazonian Huntress come to life.  All that was missing was the cheesy theme music to go with this surreal situation.

              I felt my muscles tighten.  My fight or flight body reactions demanding I move.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End Chapter 10

Back at it on a Regular Basis.  Yayness.

Shameless Self Insert!

Advanced chapters available on my Patreon. I'm gonna try to be more productive.
https://www.patreon.com/alyssnancyonymous

Also, I've got my Discord Channel for anyone who wants to join, chatter, discuss, and enjoy general zaniness.
https://discord.gg/37RPTSv7Ua

TTFN and good luck to all in their lives and pursuits!

up
23 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos