Joey & Joy - Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

Joey & Joy

Chapter 1

by Marlisa

 
‘You look ridiculous’ was the first thought that went through my head as I studied my reflection in the door length mirror. The clothing was nice enough, a pale blue blouse with a small, yellow daisy positioned at the décolletage; a simple black skirt that stopped just below the knees; nude stockings and low-heeled black slingbacks.


 
Unfortunately all the curves were in the wrong places and we won’t even go into anything over the neck. It’s not like in those stories you read on the net where the hero (ine) looks fabulous with just a touch of powder and a hint of lace. No, this is real life and I look as ridiculous as I feel.

Sighing, I take the clip-on, drop earrings off and set them back in the jewelry case, a simple black and yellow patterned box that I put together back in middle school. Who knew it would last this long?

I look in the mirror one last time, wishing that I could be as feminine and believable as others, but my too tall frame and angular face make that impossible even if you disregarded the beer belly I’ve got.

“Joey, we’re home,” came the perky voice of my wife, Abby.

Oh shit, I thought, as I made a bee-line for the attached bathroom, grabbing my jean shorts and t-shirt as I go.

“I’m in the bathroom, sweetie, just got out of the shower” I replied, a small tremor causing the last word to break. “You need any help bringing things in?”

“No, we’ve got it. I ran into Joy while I was out shopping and I know how close you two were in school, I thought it would be nice for the three of us to get together and maybe grill some chicken or hamburgers, if you don’t mind?”

I chuckled, with more than a bit of gallows humor, at the thought of being caught by my wife with the woman who actually got me started cross-dressing in the first place, my old study buddy, Joy. I finished getting out of my feminine finery and threw them in the hamper, to be retrieved later.

“Just let me finish getting dressed,” I replied. “We can chat for a bit then I’ll fire up the grill ok?”

I scrubbed my face, relentlessly, ensuring that any trace of blush or lipstick was completely gone. Satisfied, I threw my ragged Chiefs t-shirt on, wiped my still damp hands on my jean shorts and walked out to meet my wife and my oldest friend.


 
To Be Continued...

up
57 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice start...

Short but sweet, with lots of potential. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Abby and Joy

RAMI

So how long have Joy and Abby been talking about Joey or is that Josephine. What secrets have been revealed, and has does Abby react?
The tags seem to show that all will work out for the best, unless those tags change from chapter to chapter.

RAMI

RAMI

I believe that wife Abby

I believe that wife Abby probably knows more about Joey than she lets on. If she knows Joy, then in all likely hood, Joy has at some time or other mentioned Joey's desires.
J-Lynn

A Very Good Start Upon

Your writing career.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine