Sarah Carerra - 1.28 - Shh! It's a Secret!

Printer-friendly version
I walked into the room and took a seat on the couch. Ethan looked up at my entrance and gave me a sour look. How had I let this rift in our friendship get so wide? I never should have listened to my dad!

Sarah Carerra
Chapter 28 - Shh! It's a Secret!
by Megan Campbell
Copyright  ©2010 Megan Campbell
Released: March 29, 2010

Editor Note: The images used for this story were purchased and used under royalty-free license* from Istockphoto.com . ~Sephrena
Author Note: Please email me at AngelJediGirl (at) gmail (dot) com before posting this story to any other site. Posting to a pay site is prohibited.

Comments and suggestions are also welcome at the above email address.

*  *  *

Chapter 28 - Shh! It's a Secret!

The first thing that I did after getting home from my appointment with Mary was to go over to Emily's house. I had about an hour before I had to be at the studio, and I wasn't going to go without talking to her.

I rang her doorbell, and after a moment the door opened. Emily was standing there.

"Oh, it's you," she said solemnly. "Don't you have to be at the studio, or something?"

"Yes," I unhappily answered. "But I don't want to go if it means our friendship suffers!"

She stood there, looking at me for a few seconds, thinking over what I had said. Without another word she opened the door all the way and stepped aside to let me in. I stepped inside and she closed the door before motioning toward the sitting room. I was a bit surprised to see Ethan sitting there, but it certainly made talking to them easier since I wouldn't have to find him later.

I walked into the room and took a seat on the couch. Emily's family kept a TV in the room, and it looked like they had been watching something. Ethan looked up at my entrance and gave me a sour look. How had I let this rift in our friendship get so wide? I never should have listened to my dad!

"Look," I said after Emily had taken a seat and both of them looked at me. It was obvious that I was the one who needed to do the explaining. "I'm sorry about not letting you guys be involved in my music. I wouldn't even have a career without you two."

I heard Ethan sigh, and Emily looked upset. Obviously they seemed to be regretting their decision to take me to the party at the Crawford's.

"I can't do this without you guys," I told them. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes and I tried my best to keep them from spilling out. But it was a losing battle. "I don't want to do this without you!"

"It's one thing to say that," Emily stated angrily. "But it's another thing to do something about it!"

"I know," I replied. "I talked to my dad last night. I told him that I wasn't going to sing if you guys weren't involved! Your friendship means more to me than singing!"

"What did he say?" Ethan asked. They both looked intrigued, but wary. It was obvious that they didn't want to lose this friendship either, but something had to change.

"He said some really stupid things," I told them. "He's been thinking about this as my agent, and not as my dad. When I pointed that out, he seemed to back down."

"Does that mean we can come with you to the studio today?" Emily asked with a hint of excitement. Why, oh why, did she have to ask that right then?

"No," I said forlornly. They both scowled and the tension in the room increased. I knew it was the last thing they wanted to hear. "I had to compromise with him. He agreed that you guys can be involved, but not until after next Saturday."

They seemed slightly happier at that announcement, but it was obvious that they didn't want to wait, either.

"Why next Saturday?" Emily asked warily. It sounded like I was offering a peace branch, but the branch might already be halfway in the wood chipper.

I sighed. "This is a big week for me. It's a week that you two should be involved in. But I promised him that I wouldn't tell you guys. I so badly want to, but I can't."

"Then why should we believe you?" Emily asked unhappily. This wasn't going well.

"Because we've been friends for so long," I told her. "You guys mean everything to me. My dad's reasons are stupid, but I have to honor them if I want to do this. I promise that after next week, there will be no more secrets, no more leaving you behind. But I can't do anything about it until then. I'm sorry."

The tears were flowing down my cheeks now. I didn't know what else I could do to convince them of my sincerity.

"Okay," Emily finally said. "I believe you. But you should have let us in earlier. We miss you, Megan. We hardly ever see you anymore."

"I know!" I cried. "I should have questioned my dad's reasons earlier! I should have realized that he wasn't thinking about this as my dad! If I'd done that, we might not be in this position! I'm really sorry!"

Emily leaned over and gave me a hug. I knew then that our friendship was safe. No matter what happened, we would get through this.

"Are you doing anything tonight?" Ethan interrupted our bonding moment. I knew that he was a part of this friendship too, but it was different between Emily and me. We'd known each other longer. Also, I couldn't give him a hug to make it better, not anymore.

"No," I answered. "I'm supposed to be in the studio until 5 or 6, but I'm free after that."

"Good," he said. "We're going to go out tonight. We need to reconnect this friendship, and tonight is a perfect opportunity."

I nodded. I couldn't agree more.

*  *  *

"Sarah Carerra, meet Peter Rheinholdt," Scott said. We'd just arrived at the studio to find a tall, skinny man in his early fifties waiting for us.

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Carerra," Peter told me before taking my hand and kissing the back of my palm.

I blushed. Nobody had ever done this to me before, let alone someone older than my father. I wasn't sure if hiring Peter to produce my album was a good thing or a bad thing based on his actions.

Peter did seem to sense my discomfort, and let go of my hand with a quirky smile. The only positive was that it looked less lecherous than I would have suspected if he really meant something by that kiss.

"Peter is an accomplished producer, and he'll do good things for the album," Scott continued.

Dad was excited to have Peter on board when he had heard the name of the producer Scott was hoping to have us work with. I really didn't know the first thing about producing an album, so I was following his lead.

"I've got some good ideas for your music," Peter said. "There are a couple of things that I would like to change on the songs you've already recorded, but we will wait until after the concert to do anything more on them. We've also got a seventh song for you, a cover that we'd like you to sing at the concert instead of one of the others. We'll probably drop 'Open Your Eyes'. Today, I'd like to lay down the vocals for the one remaining song and the cover. That sound okay with you?"

I nodded my head before replying, "Okay."

"Good," he said. "I've heard that you're really easy to work with, and I'm looking forward to producing another great album."

If that didn't sound slightly self-promoting, I didn't know what would.

"Here, take a look at these songs for a bit," he said while handing me some papers. "I want to bounce some ideas off your agent."

"Okay," I said while taking the papers from him. What kind of ideas? If it was related to the music I would be singing, shouldn't I be involved? I glanced briefly at the sheets, but I stood there hoping to hear some of what he wanted to talk to Dad about.

Peter looked at me expectantly for a moment before he realized that I wasn't leaving. "Run along," he finally said and gave me a shooing gesture. That just made me start to dislike him. It seemed like his idea of “easy to work with” meant "easy to order around." He'd be in for a surprise if he tried that.

I took my papers and moved over to the couch that was in the control room. I hoped it was still close enough to hear what they were saying, but far enough that he felt willing to speak. Unfortunately, I seemed to be slightly too far away as he started whispering with my dad. I couldn't hear anything they were saying.

Giving up for the moment, I turned toward the songs.

The first song was entitled ‘I Just Wanna Have Fun'. It was a fast moving, pop-sounding number that looked like it would be fun to sing. The lyrics talked about all the pressures that were placed on young girls, and how as a young woman I wanted to throw those pressures away and enjoy my teenage years my own way. I really liked the song, and the chords that I could hear in my head, if correct, led me to believe that it would sound really good too.

The second song was the cover. It was entitled ‘Rock Star'. It was literally a Hannah Montana song. The song was about a girl who is trying to get a guy to notice her, but she can't really mention to him that she is a secret Rock Star. It was one of the many Hannah Montana songs that spoke of a dual identity, but it did seem to fit well into my current situation too. The last few words of "I am a Rock Star" certainly spoke of a new truth in my life.

I was worried about doing a cover of a song from someone whom I was competing against in my target market. I figured that the record studio knew what they were doing, but it did seem somewhat odd to me.

I was about to pull out my guitar and play through the songs to give me a tune to practice against when I realized that Peter and my dad were arguing. It started as a low rumble, but quickly grew until they were yelling at each other.

"I think that is a really bad idea, Peter," Dad yelled. "It's her music, not yours."

"That isn't the point, Don," Peter yelled back. "I've been in this industry a long time, I know what sells. If we just change the message and sound slightly, I think we can pull in a whole new range of fans."

"I don't care," Dad yelled back. "That is not the type of fans that we are trying to appeal to."

Scott opened his mouth to say something, and it looked like he was going to agree with my dad. But before he got the chance, Peter was yelling back.

"More fans mean more sales!" he yelled. "We can all make a hefty profit off this! I believe that we can get her first album to go double platinum!"

"I believe we can too," my dad yelled back. "WITHOUT the changes! You underestimate this fan base."

They stared at each other for a moment. I didn't know what they were fighting about, but it didn't sound like something I would like. I stood up and approached them.

"What's going on?" I asked. My dad sighed, and turned toward me to give me an answer. Before he got the chance, Peter spoke up.

"Nothing you need to worry about, sweetie," he said in a dismissive tone. "The professionals are talking about a few things. Go back to the music."

"Excuse me?" I asked in a raised voice. "This is MY music we're talking about, and I think I have a say in it! Don't you?!"

The look on Peter's face showed me that he disagreed.

"I know you're new to this industry, Sarah," he said patronizingly. "But you need to learn that you aren't in charge of the music. You sing the songs we give you, and we all make money. It's that simple."

I was stunned at his statement! Did he really believe that? I may be new to this industry, but even I knew that I got a say in what I sang.

I turned to my dad and asked, "What does he want to change?"

My dad sighed again, indicating that it was something I wasn't going to want to hear.

"Peter thinks that we can tap into the hard rock crowd if we change the sound of ‘Ever After' a bit," he said. "He thinks we can make it harder sounding and change the message slightly to fit both your current fan base and this new crowd."

"What?!" I screamed incredulously. "No way! That would ruin the song!"

Peter looked at me like I just didn't understand. "It won't ruin the song," he said. "It will open it up to a whole new market."

"It's a nice, peaceful, up-tempo, fairy tale love song!" I yelled at him. "Think Disney, that's what I did. Making it 'hard' WILL ruin it!"

"It's not Disney!" Peter yelled back. "Fairy tales do not have to be Disney! I bet the author didn't have anything like that in mind. They'd probably be happy to have the song appeal to a broader fan base!"

"I wrote the song!" I screamed at him.

That got through to him. He took a slight step backward, and his face changed. It seemed likely that he realized he had just taken his argument a step too far. Changing other people's songs was one thing, but suggesting to an artist that she needed to change her own song was a different situation altogether. The grimace on his face proved that he realized he wasn't going to win this argument easily.

"Then you must see how advantageous it would be to modify it," he finally said, a bit more softly. "Think of the money it could make."

"This isn't about the money!" I yelled at him. "The song has a meaning! I won't change it to make more money!"

Peter immediately turned from me to Scott. "I can't work with her, Scott. She's unreasonable."

When Scott didn't immediately jump to Peter's defense, Peter just shook his head slightly and walked out of the control room. The rest of us stood there, stunned at his reaction.

"Is he for real?" Dad asked Scott.

Scott opened his mouth, but appeared to have no idea what to say. I don't think I'd ever seen him at a loss for words before.

"I..." He finally got out. "I don't know. I heard that he could be a little controlling, but that...I don't know."

The three of us stood there for a moment, unsure of what to do next. Eventually, Scott realized that we were wasting precious studio time.

"Come on, Sarah," he said. "Let's get to work on those songs. If we can get these two tracks laid down, I think you'll know them well enough for next Saturday."

I couldn't agree more.

*  *  *

A few hours later Scott was playing back my latest attempt at ‘Rock Star'. I thought it sounded great. Once again Scott was able to talk me through what he wanted out of the music, and worked with me to get it right.

"It sounds amazing, like always," I told him. "Are you sure that I need a producer? You seem to be doing a good enough job to me."

The smile on Scott's face told me just how much he enjoyed doing this. "I don't know, Sarah, it isn't my job."

"But you want it to be," I said frankly, causing him to laugh.

"Maybe," he said. "But it isn't what they pay me for. I was only filling in because of the tight deadline."

"You could always do it just this once," I told him sweetly. He looked at me, and then started laughing.

"Sorry, Sarah," he said. "I've got a young girl of my own. I'm immune to that puppy dog look."

I continued looking at him, and eventually his expression changed.

"Alright, alright," he said with a soft chuckle. "I give up. I really do enjoy being in the studio. It's been a few years since I worked on an album like this. It'll be a fun experience."

"That's the spirit," I said with a smile of my own.

"Sarah Carerra," Scott said. "You're making this type of work fun again."

I laughed before moving the conversation to another topic I wanted to discuss.

"What's the schedule for next week?" I asked Scott and my dad. I knew it was going to be a crazy week, but it would be nice to be able to plan for it.

"Let's see," Scott said and reached for a folder containing some papers. He leafed through them for a moment before finding what he was looking for. "You have Monday and Tuesday off because of finals. On Wednesday afternoon you have an appointment with a choreographer we hope to use in the future. She'll help teach you what to do for the concert. We don't have time for any complex choreography on this one."

Choreography - I hadn't even thought about what I would be doing while on stage! Singing, obviously, but I'd been to more than one concert. I should have remembered it wasn't that simple. As if I wasn't scared enough to get on that stage, now I had even more to contend with.

"On Thursday," Scott continued, oblivious to the small panic he had caused me. "You'll meet with the band. We're going to use the band that laid down the instrument tracks for your songs for the concert. They're a good session band, and I hope that they can translate their work into a live show. We'll need to start looking for a band that you can work with if they don't work out on stage. Anyway, Thursday and Friday will be filled with practicing your songs with the band. Two days isn't a whole lot of time to develop the kind of relationship we'd hope to have on stage, but we're working with what we've got. At least you all know the songs, so we aren't starting from scratch."

"You also have an appointment with Julia on Friday morning," Dad informed me. "She has some ideas for what you should wear, and we'll pick something out."

"What about Saturday?" I asked. I knew we were flying out Saturday morning and coming back on Sunday, but I didn't know any details. Scott looked at my dad to answer that one. Dad opened the day planner that he always carried around and flipped through a few pages.

"The flight is at 12:30," Dad said. "We'll probably need to be at the airport by 11:00 at the latest."

"Does that mean that I have time to meet with Mary that morning?" I asked hopefully. Dad nodded before continuing.

"We lose an hour in the air," he informed me. "It'll be around 2:30 when we land. We'll be heading straight to the venue for a sound check. After that is completed we'll have most of the afternoon to check into the hotel and relax for a bit before the show, which starts at 7:30."

I laughed. Relax. Right. I was pretty sure that next Saturday was going to be the most stressful day of my life. Relaxing would not be on my schedule.

"Oh," Dad continued in a sly tone. "Did I mention that we'll be traveling with Josh Holliday?"

*  *  *

It had been a long day. Between the session with Mary in the morning, and the drama caused by Peter, followed by hard work in the studio, I was ready to climb into bed. But I only had about an hour before I was supposed to meet Emily and Ethan before going out somewhere.

This was one of the few times that I was glad I wasn't driving myself. I was able to lay my head back and rest for a bit while Dad drove us home. I had a slight scare when we passed Emily's house and I noticed that she was sitting on her porch. I had to duck down in the car to make sure she didn't see me, and stay there until Dad pulled into our garage. Life would be so much easier when she learned the truth!

We walked in the back door and I gave my mom a hug before heading to Sarah's room to change. Perhaps I'd have enough time to lie down for a bit before heading over to Emily's.

I typed in the code for the Armoire and opened it up. I reached up to take off the wig, before remembering that Mom had taken the time to pin it earlier that morning. I really felt too tired to find all the pins.

Stepping back out of Sarah's room, I headed for the front room, where I could hear my mom's voice.

"Mom?" I said as I entered. "Can you help me get this wig off?"

Mom's voice stopped speaking. Somebody gasped. Dad, who had been sitting in one of the soft chairs, bolted to his feet. His face looked frantic, and he glanced toward the front door.

A sudden burst of fear broke through my heart, and my gaze followed his. Mom had been talking to someone at the front door! I hadn't even heard the doorbell ring!

"Megan?" I heard someone ask. The voice sounded very familiar.

I'm sure the shock on Emily's face matched my own as she spoke again.

"You're Sarah Carerra!"

*  *  *

Chapter 29 - It's 'Not' a Secret to Everybody
Coming Soon...
up
238 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Bag, Cat, Out

And about time, too!

Okay, Dad, the jig is up. Time to spring for two more plane tickets, so Emily and Ethan can come to their friend's first concert!

Yes!

Andrea Lena's picture

...it would seem the cold hard reality of the music business has slapped Dad in the face; he's now faced with a very obvious and undeniable choice; violate his daughter's integrity by forcing her to sing something that isn't 'her' and ruin her own creative work for a buck; or finally accept he's got a beautiful talented daughter who needs a father more than she'd ever needed an agent. Well crafted from start to finish, and as we see in the last line, as the Bard said in The Merchant of Venice, "...the truth will out!" Excellent, Megan. Thanks.


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Dio benedica la mia bella amici, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

YEAH!

It's out in the open!!! Though, if her dad pretends to be "agent" and says she didn't keep her promise, he...

It was nice seeing this when I popped briefly over to the site (yes, I was supposed to be working). It was a nice distraction! And, I figured a way around an issue I was working through at work while reading! So, thank you doubly.

Annette

Sarah Carerra - Chapter 28 - Shh! It's a Secret!

That Peter lived down to his name, THAT'S fer shure! And I love the ending!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

That Producer Was Such An Idiot

jengrl's picture

That producer was such an idiot. When Megan told him that she wrote the song, she should have also mentioned Emily being the Co-writer too. She should have told her rock headed dad that when she first mentioned the songs. I hope Emily won't be too upset about finding out this way. Her father has got egg on his face now from having this whole charade blow up in his face. It may come to the point where Megan has to fire him as her agent to get her father back. He has played this power trip so long that it has gone to his head. I hope that Megan and her mother both have a serious talk with him about his over inflated ego and then lay down some rules for him that he will not be allowed to violate. He is her father first and her agent second and he needs to figure that out.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Even as an agent

the whole, "keep the secret because I need to know you can," bullshit is the sticking point of this story. That's the part I can't understand. It's incredibly unprofessional coming from someone who is supposed to be well known as very professional as an agent. It's totally and completely a control thing, and I think it comes from him being her father, though HE thinks it's from being her agent. He wouldn't do that to any other client trying to keep a dual identity -- which is actually more common than you'd think... stage names, anyone? -- would he? His asking her to keep the secret longer when she finally questioned it was completely out of line. He knows both of the friends this was about and everything about them. It's saying he doesn't trust them... and not crediting Emily as co-writer of the songs when he KNOWS that part is one of the most irresponsible things an agent ever did. He can't use those songs on an album without asking Emily's permission FIRST. He shouldn't use them at all -- like in the concert -- without letting her know they'd be used. Why didn't he? Oh, because it would ruin his strange and kind of perverted secret (not perverted in the modern sex pervert way, but the definitional way). Can't you see that conversation?


Dad Person: Emily, you know those songs you wrote with Megan? We'd like to use them...
Emily: Oh, wow! That's great! Megan's gonna sing the songs we wrote!
Dad Person: Er, no. Sarah Carrera is.
Emily: Sarah Carrera? Why not Megan? Oh well, I guess that's okay if Megan's okay with it... when do I get to meet her?
Dad Person: You can't...

That would go over real well... and I think that's probably the best case scenario. It'd be more likely for Emily to demand to know why not Megan, or even to refuse because they were meant for Megan to sing them.

Finally

I felt like having to hide these moments from her closest friends was like stealing the best of her childhood.

Whooops!

Peter is a person too controlling. Stanman, what do you mean about his name? That he's as dumb as a rock or what?
I think this is the moment when we'll be able to watch as Daddy attempts an emergency oralpodectomy*. Or something along those lines. :)
I think Scott may be drafted into the team, quite nicely!
And back to Peter, I think the reason he was so infamous is because he cared about the bottom line above all else. Hmmm, I wonder about Josh's producer.

Faraway

*Oralpodectomy - Removal of foot from mouth, term coined from a comment on this comic strip.


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Perhaps

Andrea Lena's picture

...Stan was likely referring to that archaic, pre-Twenty-First Century term for the male genatalia, which wouldn't quite fit, since he wasn't so much being a representation of that organ. More likely the producer was being a fair representative of the posterior of Equus Ferus Caballus, yes?


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Dio benedica la mia bella amici, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

This was more funner. :)

This had special meaning for me. For some reason, I was taken by Britney Spears at first and slowly watched them turn her into a plastic whore. It really made me sad. They have tried to do the same thing to the at first fresh faced Avril Lavigne. "Hollywood wants to make you a whore", I remember one famous actor saying at one of those award shows.

Soooo, it was really refreshing to see Sarah, and her dad stand up to this idiot. I'd like to think that the words "run along" used on me would have led to bloodshed. Megan, I love your writing voice. Maybe I should just give you my ideas and stop writing. :)

Gwen

Yay!

Even dad should admit the reveal was pure accident. Hopefully, especially after the Peter Rheinholdt incident earlier, he might wake up to the fact that Megan / Sarah isn't just some inanimate robot that does as he commands, but his daughter who has a mind of her own and demands a say in her own singing career! Dad's powerless to do anything now, as it would be like the proverbial locking the stable door after the horse has bolted.

As for Peter Rheinholdt's name, I'm guessing the surname's a play on "rein hold" - someone who holds the reins, i.e. likes to be in charge. Anyway, over here in the UK at least, there have been numerous bands / artists who have attempted to appeal to as wide a demographic as possible. They generally produce one or two good songs / albums, then fade into an obscurity of blandness (usually fuelled by endless cover versions).

 


There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

I still think Daddy is a

I still think Daddy is a jerk and he was trying to saddle Sarah with an even bigger jerk. I am very glad that Sarah stood up to the big jerk and in doing so has also stood up to her Father; tho in a round about way. Now that Emily knows, Sarah should immediately call Ethan over and let him into the 'big secret'. Additionally, she should very bluntly inform her Father that Emily is going to get credit where credit is due, because she helped write the song(s). Jan

Atta Grrrrrl!!!

Wonderful chapter about integrity!

Sarah/Megan maintains her artistic integrity; takes ownership of her self-expression. Ultimately it will differentiate her from all the artists who listen to the Peter Rheinhardts of the world. She will be authentic.

The Truth finds an opening and makes a break for it and she wins free! How great is that? Now Emily can be involved in the song writing aspect, good since she needs to give her blessing for the co-written song.

I am sure Emily and Ethan's also will show the ferocity and commitment ( there's that integrity thing again ) to Megan as she had fought for and try to maintain the authenticity of their friendship.

Awesome.

Kim

MY DEAR SISTER ANDREA

ALISON

'is on the button as always but there is a medical terminology that describes
both the producer(?) and Megan's father.It is Proctodynia.
PROCTO :pertaining to the anus.

DYNIA :meaning pain

In other words,a pain in the backside!(for the uninitiated)

ALISON

I'm Confused

KevSkegRed's picture

Did I dream that I read Chapter 29 the other day?? I was looking to see if 30 was here yet and find the last chapter is 28 lol.

Kev [Ρĥàńŧāśĩ»ßő™], Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

KevSkegRed, Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

It is there

Simply put, it was put somehow after chapter one as a sub-chapter, not in a normal order.
http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/fiction/19031/sarah-carerra-ch...

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Peter is exactly the reason...

Peter is exactly the reason why I don't tend to follow modern American pop music these days. I refer to myself as a music "purist", by that, I mean that music has to have integrity to itself. I have nothing against playing around and discovering new sounds, heck, I love it! But when you intentionally try to FORCE a sound on something to try to appeal to such vastly different markets at the same time, you end up just polluting the message and the song is no longer a proper song, but just a limerick to sell a product. And I'm not buying. I like listening to MUSIC, not mass-produced forced limericks.

This is why I tend not to like much anime music either, btw... People always think I'm crazy being a self-professed fan of Japanese music, while refusing to listen to anime garbage. There's a huge difference between real Japanese music and the junk that anime producers on too tight a budget to pay royalties for a proper sound track stuff into anime.

You connect with real music. You can't get that connection with mass-produced garbage. Oh, and I'm one of those weird crazy people who you really don't have to worry which market you target, you just have to be good, and if I hear about you, I'm your fan. I love hard rock and even some metal - as long as it's appropriate. I also love good poppy tunes, r&b, jazz, rap, country, rock, even some synth. I love just about any kind of music as long as it's got integrity. I have a particular soft spot for ballads though. Especially ballads sung by a particular Japanese lyricist/vocalist who's extremely hot... he's male, in case you were wondering. :D

Abigail Drew.

The cat was going to be out of the bag anyway

Diesel Driver's picture

You can't distract me with that last bit... I want to know what the heck is Megan's dad seemingly pushing her toward Josh Holliday for? It's like he's forgotten that she's his daughter and is only intent on making some match up in order to make money off of the two of them. She needs a new agent. Seriously.

Chris in CA

Chris

Secret no more

It probably complicates things but at the same time it was time.