Emma's Story: Chapter 6

Printer-friendly version
Emma’s Story: Chapter 6
Samantha Jenkins

A Birthday party, and potential trouble...

Mom pulled the van into Lizzy’s driveway and shut off the engine. I was sitting in one of the two captain chairs, when the door on the passenger side of the van opened and Lizzy, Rebecca, and Rachel walked out of the house. Rachel took her usual seat behind the normally empty passenger seat and Lizzy sat in the middle of the third row. Rebecca climbed in next to Mom, she spun in the seat to look at me.

“You look like you are dressed up for a birthday party.” Rebecca said to me.

“That’s because it is Emma’s birthday.” Mom said. Rebecca and Rachel looked at mom as she backed the van out of the driveway.

“It is?” I asked quietly. I was bewildered by this. My birthday was in September. September 23rd to be exact. “My birthday is in September…”

“Justin’s birthday is in September.” Rachel said.

“I know, be we are talking about Emma, and her birthday is today, June 25th.” Rachel and I looked at each other.

“Is that why you bought me this pretty dress?” I asked, already knowing the answer.

“Yes.” Mom said, slowing at a red light. Rachel looked at me.

“You can keep the dresses, I’ll keep my pants…” She said. “In fact, you can take the dresses and skirts from my closet and dresser and put them in your room.” Mom chuckled.

“I told you that you were the girlier of my two daughters.” Mom said as the light changed. “I think it would be cute to get the two of you in matching dresses and get some pictures taken.”

“At least you have a girly daughter, I have to fight mine to wear a skirt or dress and she does that about twice a year…” Rebecca said. I glanced back at Lizzy. She was rolling her eyes.

“Mom, I hate wearing skirts. I only dress up at Christmas and on school picture day… There are some girls in my class that don’t even do that.” Lizzy said.

“Yes, but I would like you to look nice in your pictures…” Rebecca let the thought trail off.

“I fight Rachel every year for pictures… I’ve settle for blue blouses that show off her eyes.” Mom said.

“And I hate wearing them every year.” Rachel said. Mom parked the van in front of a local restaurant that was known for their sundae bar. Rachel, Lizzy and I looked at each other and grinned. A sundae bar for a girls birthday party sounded really good to me., but then again, I was the birthday girl.

“Alright, lets go in.” Mom said, shutting the engine off and opening the doors on the van. We all piled out and then walked into the restaurant.

“Good evening, just five of you tonight, three kids and two adults?” The hostess whose name tag read ‘Heather’ asked.

“Yes,” Mom said. Heather then turned around and pulled three kids menus and two adults menus from the racks behind her. She led the way to a large round table mere feet from the sundae bar. “Dinner first, and then you can have the sundae bar.” Was Mom’s response to our drooling at the sundae bar. Our server walked over and looked at the five of us seated around the table.

“Good Evening, ladies, I’m Akira, and I’ll be your server this evening. What can I start you off with to drink?" She asked. I glanced at her, and then at mom. She was wearing a white blouse, a short pleated black skirt, black tights with snow flakes and snow men on them, and a thin black tie. I idly wondered if she was warm in the tights, as she looked like she was wearing a rather thick pair.

“We’ll have diet cokes,” Mom said, pointing to her and Rebecca. “And chocolate milk for the girls.” The three of us grinned at each other. One thing that we shared was a love for chocolate milk.

“Ok, I’ll be back in a few minutes, why don’t you have a look at the menu while you wait.” Akira said, spinning on her heel and heading toward a computer to enter our drinks into the system. I watched as she walked away and saw that she was wearing some shoes that looked like the Mary Janes that I had slipped on my feet but had a fairly high heel (to me anyway, I don’t think I would walk in the shoes she had on…) Mom and Rebecca also had watched her walk away.

“I think that my feet would be killing me by the end of a shift in those shoes.” Mom said. “I don’t know how kids these days do it. I would also be burning up in what she had on…”

“Me too.” Rebecca said, turning her attention from the server and back to the menu. “Chicken fingers.” She glanced at the three of us and then at mom. The three of us were nodding.

“Looks like the girls are happy with it, a grilled chicken salad sounds good to me.” Mom sat the menu down. Akira was coming back with our drinks. We ordered our food and then Heather sat a family of four at the table next to us. One of the kids that sat down was Shane Barker, someone that picked on me at school…

up
227 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not, The! Barne Sharker???

Not That Picky Boy!

Now is a good time to choke him on a chicken finger, disguised in a chocolate milk drink, Yes?

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

It's your call!

Your obedient reader.

I await your chapters.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Akira?

Is it a common female name even? :)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

re: Akira

Yes -- in Japan. It is a used for either sex, much like Lynn, Dale, or Robin.

Akira

Akira was the name that a former dominant gave me when she took me on. I've seen it on a young man here in the States, but have never (to my knowledge) come across it on a young lady. I dunno, it just seemed to fit.

It means Intelligent in Japanese...

Samantha

Emma's Story: Chapter 6

Me, I wonder if those girls wud change their minds about wearing a dress, or skirt if they took a fancy to a boy who liked girly girls like Emma?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Maybe

They might, but we will have to wait and see if Emma rubs off on her sister and her sisters best friend...

Samantha

Shane Barker is there, let

Shane Barker is there, let the over the top negative comments begin. Hopefully if they do, the manager will toss him and his family out.

He has to realize who he's

He has to realize who he's looking at first...

I Knew

Pamreed's picture

I knew it was going too smoothly!! Emma will just have to learn that
when some idiot makes a comment it is their problem not hers!!
That worked for mem when I finally figured it out!!

Pamela

Happy birthday, maybe?

Jamie Lee's picture

The ladies and girls look to be having a nice time together, and expecting to have a nice meal. But like all good things some rain must fall to remind us of the good times.

At the mall, Rachel didn't catch on that Emma was Justin. Nor did Lizzy or Rebecca. So it's quite possible the turd at the next table won't either. But should he, he's likely to find out my it isn't healthy to mess with a cub when its mama is around.

Perhaps it would be good if Justin is recognized. Then Sharon could find out, in front of his parents, why he feels it necessary to bully Justin. Or if Sharon is feeling evil, why he's bullying her daughter. Imagine the parents' horror finding out their son is bullying a girl. Oh that couldn't be healthy for him.

Others have feelings too.