The Red Stilettos

Printer-friendly version
Who can resist the lure of a gorgeous pair of red stilettos? Could you? Perhaps the bigger question is, how far would you let it go, and how would you deal with the consequences?
---------------------------------------

I am sitting here in my clapped out Ford Focus wondering how on earth I got myself into this situation.

My home, my family and all my friends are the other end of the country, and unless I am lucky I will be sleeping in the car again tonight.

Like many others, I finished my Degree in 2009, right at the peak of that financial mess. As hard as I tried there was just no work about. But I was determined not to just give up and claim the dole, and have been doing top-up courses and part time work to keep my skills up to date.

Well, it took nearly three years but it finally paid off! I found a job, a real job! Only snag is that I have had to move from sunny Brighton, all the way up to grey, grimy, storm laden Newcastle. Though I suspect that bleak image is probably more to do with me than Newcastle itself.

I had to borrow money to get up here, I have nowhere to live, and for the first time in my life I am on my own.

I think you might be picking up on the subtle vibe that I am not in the best of moods?

I was actually waiting to view a bed-sit. In spite of my gloom I have to admit this does look like a nice area, perhaps this won't be so bad after all.

As soon as I caught sight of it I knew what it was, a classic Volvo P1800. My Dad had one and I loved it. I opened the window ready for it to drive past, when I was surprised to see it park right opposite me. Though not as surprised as when I saw the driver get out!

car-1.JPG

Even more so when she made her way over to me and said "Mark Anderson?"

Now feeling very flustered I stammered "Umnm.. yyes, that's mme. I'm Mark Anderson"

"I hope I haven't kept you waiting long, I am Adele Summers. You've come to look at the flat?"

With perhaps a little too much enthusiasm, "Yes, definitely come to look at the flat!"

She smiled kindly and said "I have the keys, would you like to come and have a look?"

She lead me up the steps to a large front door. As we went in, there was a small lobby with two smaller doors facing us.

She said, "The main house is the right hand door, but the flat you have come to see is the one on the left."

She gestured for me to go in, “Here you are, have a look around and see what you think.”

I couldn't believe it. It was huge! The living room was twice the size of the one we have at home, the big kitchen looked like it had just been re-done, the bathroom was spotless and even has a separate shower cubical. The bedroom has a huge double bed in it and more cupboard space than I was ever going to need.

I soon realised that there must have been a mistake. There was no way that this was the bed-sit I had come to see, certainly not with the rent I was told. Somewhat disheartened I said "I am sorry, there must be a mistake. I thought I was coming to see a room, not a beautiful flat like this."

She looked at me, "No mistake. I was at the estate agents when you came in and I overheard your story. I know it's not what you expected but I would like to offer you this one, at the same price you were expecting to pay of course."

"What? Really?" I spluttered.

She smiled again "I know you have had a struggle, and you are far from friends and family and on your own for the first time. I understand how scary that can be and I thought you would appreciate a friendly face. But also, I am a widow and my children have moved out. I come and go a lot and I need someone who I could trust to be here and keep an eye on things. I just had the feeling I could trust you, and I will admit it will be nice to have someone about the house again. So what do you think?"

Not for the first time today I stood there lost for words, but eventually I squeezed out "Oh yes please, this is more than I could have ever hoped for. Thank you so much".

She smiled and shook my hand “Please call me Adele, I think we are going to get along just fine.”

After moving in, I discovered a large walk-in storage cupboard behind the bedroom and it was crammed full of boxes. I felt a bit guilty rummaging around, but salved my conscience a little by reasoning that this was still part of the flat and it wasn't locked, so Adele couldn't be too worried leaving it all here.

I started opening boxes and it was all women's clothing. And there was a lot of it too! Dresses, skirts, blouses, shoes, some lingerie, and even some panties and hosiery that clearly have never been used.

I couldn’t help but wonder why keep all this stuff? They obviously don't intend to use it? But I suppose it's none of my business, and it's not as if I have any need of the extra space in this huge flat. So I carefully boxed everything back up, closed the door, and didn't think any more about it.

I think I should mention at this point that I am about as straight as they come. I love tinkering with classic cars, played rugby when I was in Uni, and have had a couple of girlfriends. Basically, I am very content and comfortable being a bloke.

Over the next couple of weeks I got the place more or less the way I wanted, and life started to settle into a new routine. Adele and I are getting on great. Most weekends she is away, but we tend to bump into each other most weekdays. She has even started showing me how to cook and she says I am actually getting quite good at it now.

One lunchtime we were chatting and I said it's hard to believe she is old enough to have grown up children, but she just winked and said "Oh you know women and their magic creams and potions" and changed the subject.

Kitchen-1.JPG

Things are going well. But the weird thing is, I can't quite get that storage cupboard out of my mind. There is a constant tickle of curiosity about what's in there. If I am honest, that tickle is becoming an itch lately and is getting a lot harder to ignore.

My mind wandered back to my last girlfriend. She was really great and it's a shame it didn't work out. One of the things I loved about her was that she had a real sense of style and knew how to present herself. Oh, and she had a thing about shoes. I know most women do, but she had a passion for them, and boy could she strut in them too!

When she put on a pair of heels she would actually seem to grow in confidence and elegance. I began wondering what it was about a heel that could have such an effect on a woman? Purely in an academic, scientific way of course. Not that I had any inclination of trying on a pair myself. That would be ridiculous! A man wearing a pair of women's heels? I would look absurd!

But.... the thought wouldn't leave me alone.

This was getting ridiculous! Every time I was anywhere near "that" cupboard I couldn't stop looking at it and thinking what was in there!

I kept remembering a pair of red shoes I saw in one of the boxes. They were just the sort of thing my girlfriend took such delight in wearing. But now I have that image in my mind and I just can't seem to shift it!

Shoes-1.JPG

Feeling thoroughly annoyed with myself for allowing the image of those stupid shoes to keep rattling about in my head, I found myself standing there looking at the door to "that" cupboard, daring myself to open it and look at those shoes again. To get them out of my head once and for all you understand. I am a bloke, why should I even be thinking about a pair of women's shoes? They wouldn't fit me anyway!

So how did I find myself with the door open and reaching for the box with the shoes? I noticed my hands were shaking slightly as I carefully unwrapped them, and I was struck by how the vibrant red almost seemed to glow, and how high the heels were. By now my hands were actually trembling.

Not believing what I was doing, I took them back into the bedroom and sat on the bed. By now I could feel a nervousness rising in my chest. I slipped my foot into the first shoe, then the other. I don't know what shocked me more. The fact that they fitted perfectly, or the sight of a pair of very feminine shoes peeping out from the bottom of my trousers!

redheels.jpg

In a panic I kicked them off and they landed in the corner of the room. I hastily put my socks and shoes back on and almost ran out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. Bracing myself against the sink I actually felt a little nauseous and with my hands still trembling I just about managed to put the kettle on for a cuppa.

It must have taken me half an hour to calm myself down, but come the evening I had almost forgotten that nonsense and it was only once I was in bed that I noticed a flash of red in the corner of the room. Those damn shoes! They can stay there until the morning and then they are going straight back into that cupboard.

As I slowly woke up I glanced at the alarm clock and couldn't believe what I saw, I was late for work! In a mad dash I quickly got myself ready and out, and it was only as I was driving down the road I remembered those shoes. Oh well, forget them for now, I will sort them out when I get home.

Only I couldn't forget them.

In fact I could hardly think about anything else all day.

By the time I finally got home I was exhausted from stressing about those damn shoes! When I got in I just flopped down onto the sofa. In all my life I have never had any inclination to wear girl clothes, even when playing dress-up as a child. So how have these shoes managed to get under my skin like this?

I finally managed to pluck up courage to go into the bedroom and face them. As I picked them up I found myself wondering again what it would be like to wear them? I thought, "Right! I am man enough to deal with this, I refuse to let my imagination take control of me! I will wear them once, walk around in them for a little while to settle my curiosity, and then put them away and forget all about them."

My hands started trembling again and I actually said out loud "Stop it, you are being stupid, they are just a pair of shoes!" And then I found myself just looking down at my feet, not really believing what I was seeing.

Taking a deep breath I decided it was time to sort myself some dinner. As I was walking around I was surprised how comfortable they seemed. I would always hear girls complain about how uncomfortable heels are. But these were great. And it was only when I stopped to think about it I realised how easily I was coping with what is actually a very high heel.

Heels-1.jpg

As the evening progressed I pretty much forgot I was wearing them and it was only when it was time to go to bed I realised I still had them on. But by now I was too tired to think about putting them away so I just slipped them off and rolled into bed.

I woke up feeling groggy (I am not really a morning person). I put on my bathrobe and made my way to the kitchen to get some breakfast. It was only when I noticed a familiar click as I walked around that I realised I had those red shoes on my feet. How did that happen?

As I got myself ready for work I found I was reluctant to take them off. I can't explain why but when I did finally get to the point where I had to take them off, I felt a distinct drop in my mood and a wave of disappointment. I held the shoes in my hands and thought "What on earth is going on here? This is not normal" Then I realised what the time was and had to get moving or I would be late.

I got through the day ok, though it felt funny walking in my normal shoes and I couldn't seem to shift a general feeling of gloom. It was only when I was driving home I could feel my mood begin to lift. In fact, by the time I got to my front door I almost felt giddy with excitement.

As soon as I got in I changed into some shorts and a T and slipped my feet back into the red shoes.

It was like coming home.

All through the evening I kept glancing at the shoes. There is no denying, they do look good. But what doesn't look good is my hairy legs. I started wondering something that would have been unthinkable three days ago... If I were to shave my legs my shoes would look so much better.

Somewhere in the back of my head I knew this was sooo wrong, but when I had my shower I found myself with razor in hand and shaving my legs!

I couldn't believe how wonderful it felt. My legs felt so smooth and soft. And of course when I slipped my feet back into my shoes they looked amazing!

Shoes2.JPG

But then I noticed that my legs looked so insipid... I couldn't, could I? My hands were trembling again as I went to the cupboard and I found a pair of tights. I don't know whether it was fear or excitement, but I could hardly contain myself as I opened the packet and slid the nylons up my oh sooo smoooth and sensitive legs. And when I slipped my sexy shoes back on...Wow!

Legs-1.JPG

By now I knew I wasn't thinking straight but I didn't really care. I spent the rest of the evening just touching my legs and rubbing them against each other. It just felt amazing! I always loved touching girls legs but feeling it from this side there truly is no comparison.

Next morning I awoke with a very fuzzy head. What happened last night? As I swung my legs out from under the sheets there was a very clear reminder of what happened last night. I was still wearing the nylons!

I shook my head with disbelief, "What is going on with me?"

I pulled on my bathrobe and went out to the kitchen and started my usual routine. Thank goodness it's Friday and a bank holiday weekend tomorrow. I am really going to have to sort out what is happening to me. It was only when I heard the click of my heel I realised I was wearing my red shoes again. I didn't even notice I put them back on.

The day dragged by at a snails pace. I was constantly being distracted by my very smooth and sensitive legs. Even the slightest movement felt like a caress. It was slowly driving me nuts! The sooner I can get these trousers off the better. In the end I couldn't take it anymore and I asked my boss if I could leave a bit early today as I wasn't feeling myself, I think even he had noticed how distracted I had been and said ok.

The closer I got to home, that now familiar excitement started to build up again.

By the time I got to the flat and closed the door behind me I almost ripped my clothes off! I just had to take a shower and wash off the grime of all that tension. Almost straight away I could feel the stresses of the day start to ease and I luxuriated in feeling the water flow over me and I just let my mind switch off. Ahhh....

I shook myself out of a daze when I realised I had been shaving off the hair on my body! "What the hell am I doing!"

I looked down and I realised I couldn't leave myself in this half shaved condition, so I had to finish off the job my subconscious had started. What I hadn't counted on was how incredible my skin would feel freshly shaved. I thought my legs felt amazing but this was in a different league!

I went back to the bedroom to get dressed but everything I pulled out felt incredibly rough against my skin. I tried to ignore it but I knew where this was heading. In the end I just gave up fighting it, picked up my red shoes and made my way to "that" cupboard.

I found a box which was full of satin and silk. I pulled out a matching black satin nightdress and robe. "That will do me" At least it isn't as overtly feminine as most of the other things in the box seemed to be.

Black_robe.jpg

The feel of the satin on my sensitive skin was absolutely delicious. No wonder girls love this stuff so much.

For the rest of the evening I just reveled in these wonderful new sensations. Eventually I realised I would have to go to bed, but I didn't want this to end. Then I remembered seeing some silk sheets and I just knew I had to have them tonight. As I slid between them and snuggled down I couldn't believe how wonderful silk could feel.

There is no other word for it but sensual!

The following morning I sat in the kitchen in my new outfit and realised I had stepped over the line. The bloke in me tried very hard to refuse to accept it, but as I looked down, there was no way of ignoring what I was wearing... and how much I loved feeling like this.

Legs-3.jpg

But although there is no denying this has been a wonderful experience, I am still a man. And for very real practical reasons I knew this had to stay just an interesting 'interlude'. I couldn't live with this. I decided to just box everything back up and seal the cupboard door. It wouldn't take long for my hair to start to grow back and with a little self control I could get back to normal.

I think I dragged that self delusion out for almost an hour before I finally admitted defeat. In the end I just couldn't deny that I loved too much how wonderful this felt.

For the next couple of hours I pulled out all the boxes and started going through them. There really are a lot of clothes here, and all female.

There was one box that particularly caught my attention. Inside were all kinds of weird things, some of which I have no idea what they are. But I did recognise a pair of false boobs, and in a similar flesh coloured material, what could best be described as thong with a neat little triangle of soft hair at the front. It took a moment for the penny to drop what it was for. It was then I realised that my hands were shaking again. What I was basically looking at was a sex change kit!

I found an instruction sheet at the bottom of the box and I could see that everything was there. I have no idea what it all cost but this was no cheap thrills kit. What was Adele doing with something like this? I sat there just looking at it and feeling that nervousness and excitement building inside me again.

I thought it best to keep it simple and just try on the gaff and the breast forms. The Gaff was actually quite sophisticated, it tucked everything out of the way but was also internally plumbed so you could still pee without having to take it off. It was a real struggle to get on but it was almost like it wasn't there once I was done. The breast forms went on easily and the match to my skin tone was perfect.

I stood there looking into the mirror at a curious sight. I have always been fairly slim but there is no denying I have a male body, and at the moment a male body with boobs and a smooth down below. I needed curves!

Then I remembered seeing a corset. It was a battle getting it on by myself but the effect was dramatic. Apart from my face I would make a passable girl, even my legs looked pretty good.

For the rest of the day I indulged myself in playing dress-up. Outfit after outfit, and each time I found myself loving it more. I even found some cheap wigs. Which although they wouldn't fool anybody, they still added to the fun.

montage-1.JPG

I was gliding around the flat, cooking in a skirt, vacuuming in a dress, watching telly in a corset and suspenders. Well, you get the idea. All the time being accompanied by a soundtrack of the click of feminine heels.

As Monday drew on I realised I would have to start putting everything back. But I could still do the washing and ironing as a girl, in my favourite heels of course.

Ironing.jpg

Tuesday, I was back at work and felt miserable. I took a chance and wore some neutral colour tights and a satin vest under my normal clothes, by now I couldn't stand the feel of their coarseness. The day dragged by, but eventually I was on my way home. As I walked back to the flat I felt that buzz of excitement mounting again. Then noticed a very pretty girl sitting on the doorstep.

step.JPG

She gave me a little smile as I introduced myself. Then she explained that she was Adele's daughter, Penny, and she had lost her keys.

By now I knew Adel's routine and said that she probably won't be back for a couple of hours. My initial reaction was to say to come back, I really wanted to get back to my cupboard. But as I say, she is very pretty and seems really nice (I am still a man after all) so I invited her in and said she could wait until Adele gets home.

The next couple of hours seemed to fly by and I realised I was really getting to like Penny. I was surprised when there was a knock at the door, it was Adele saying she was home. I invited her in and we all shared a cuppa and chatted for ages. Eventually Adele took Penny into the main part of the house and I was sitting there alone with my thoughts.

I managed to keep away from "that" cupboard for the rest of the evening and in the morning I bumped into Adele on the way out. Apparently Penny was going to be staying with Adele for a while, and in a mock whisper, "Penny really likes you".

Oh dear, this could get complicated.

It actually didn't turn out quite as complicated as I feared. Like Adele, Penny would stay at the house during the week but be away at the weekends.

As much as I tried, I couldn't stay away from "that" cupboard completely. But I had managed to disciplined myself to just wearing my lovely red shoes, nylons and a skirt. I even created a cover for having my legs shaved by buying a sports bicycle and using the excuse that cycle riders always shave there legs. And before you say anything, I don't think the fact that I don't actually ride the bike has any bearing on the matter!

The next few weeks were great. I was spending most of my weekday evenings with Penny and the weekends with my gorgeous red shoes.

Legs.jpg

The last bank holiday of the summer was coming up and I knew where this was heading. Penny and Adele were going to be away and I will have three whole days all to myself and the contents of the cupboard.

It was Friday afternoon of my big weekend and I noticed a box tucked away at the back of my wardrobe. I could have sworn the wardrobes were empty when I moved in and I certainly hadn't put it there.

I pulled it down and opened it. Inside was a wig. But this wasn't like the cheap dress-up wigs I found in the cupboard. This was top of the line. With trembling hands I pulled it out of the box and set it down on the dresser.

Wig-1.jpg

Well this is going to make the weekend interesting.

I put on the breast forms and gaff, only this time I included all the other bits of the kit too Then I carefully lifted the wig off its stand, and turning it over I bent down and eased it over my head. As I straightened up, loose curls cascaded across my face and settled around my neck and shoulders. I stood in front of the dresser mirror and started to brush it out, excited with how wonderfully feminine it felt.

Then it seemed to come alive! This mane of hair wrapped itself around my face and neck! Long hairs probed at my mouth and nose, and my whole face began tingling!

I tried grabbing at the hair that was choking me, but the wig just tightened its grip! For a moment my whole head felt like it was being squeezed and moulded!

The wig finally let go and relaxed, but then the other items I had put on started getting hotter and hotter. I could feel a tingling spread across my chest, and my ribcage being compressed. I put my hands onto the breast forms then I realised I wasn't touching silicone, I was touching me! They were real. I had breasts!

The feeling continued to spread around my body. My waist constricted, then as my hips filled out there was a weird sensation between my legs, beneath the gaff I knew my manhood had become a lost cause!

And then as suddenly as it all started it was over... I stood there in shock wondering what had just happened? One glance down was all I needed. I was female!

In a daze I looked into the mirror at the beauty I had become and found myself just staring into the eyes of a gorgeous young woman. I put my hands up to my lips and cheeks, not believing what I am seeing. She could have been my sister, if I had one.

Mirror-1.JPG

There was a knock at the door!

It was Adele!

In a panic I called out “Just a minute”. Very surprised at the voice I heard.

Through the door I heard “Who’s that? I’m looking for Mark.”

I partly opened the door and swallowed hard "Mark isn't here right now".

Door1.JPG

Adele looked suspicious. “Where’s Mark?”

Thinking fast... “A friend of his was involved in a car accident and he went back home for the weekend to see him" I mumbled.

“I see. And who might you be? His girlfriend?”

My mind in a panic, the only name that came to mind was a girl I liked from Uni. I blurted out "No, umm... I am Holly, his uhh... sister. I am flat sitting for him."

Adele seemed to relax and smiled, “As he won't be around for the weekend and you are here, may I ask a favour? I have some friends who are going to be staying at the house over the weekend, could you let them in and show them around for me please?"

"Yes of course, I would be happy to" I said.

“That's great". Then she looked at the old T shirt and dressing gown I had quickly slipped on and said, "I hope you won't be offended, but don’t you have anything of your own to wear here?”

“Uh, not really, my stuff is...”

With a wave of her hand, “My daughter’s old clothes are stored in a cupboard behind the bedroom. Go and pick out something you like".

“But I have to ask, have you already been going through my daughter’s clothes? It's just that I was putting some more things into the cupboard recently and I couldn't help but notice that someone’s been opening the boxes and wearing them.

Hanging my head “Yes it's me, I’m sorry, Mrs. Summers.”

“Don’t you have any nice things of your own?”

I just shook my head.

She sighed “Well, I suppose you wouldn’t be going through someone else’s old things if you did.”

She seemed to think for a moment “Tell you what, if there is anything you like in those boxes you may keep them, I am sure my daughter won’t mind. She is planning on getting rid of most of it anyway.”

I was shocked. “Thank you, but...”

She held up her hand. “Please! You are Marks sister, and a lovely young woman. I’m just happy to help.”

That night I cleared space in my wardrobe and hung up my favourite dresses, skirts and blouses. And then filled two draws with all the lingerie I could find. I stood there as a woman, looking through a wardrobe full of my girl clothes!

Wardrobe.JPG

"It really doesn't get any better than this".

The next morning, I awoke as Mark. The wig crumpled up on my pillow. I lay there for awhile, astonished at the idea that I now had a sister, and that she was me. Then I brushed out the wig, returned it to the stand and went for some breakfast and some thinking. At least I now knew that the wig could come off. But really, I couldn't wait until I put it back on again.

Then I remembered my conversation with Adele. Mark couldn't be here this weekend. Not that I needed much excuse. It didn't take so long to put all the falsies back on this time, and even the wig seemed quicker at transforming me.

The guests arrived about midday and I did my welcome bit. What I never expected was Penny turning up in the afternoon. To make matters worse, when they realised I was in the flat on my own they insisted I spent the entire weekend with them! I knew I was out of my depth, and although the wig may have transformed my body to that of a girl, I had no idea how to act like one.

Penny was wonderful, she could see I was having a hard time trying to socialise and she took me under her wing. It was sometime over that weekend I began to fall in love with her.

Sofa-1.JPG

Tuesday came around much too fast. It was agony having to go back to being Mark and back to work. The one positive is that I will be seeing Penny this evening. But the reception I got from her had me scratching my head. Penny clearly was very pleased to see me but then kept asking me about Holly.

I saw Adele and Penny every evening this week and there seems little doubt that Penny's affections for me are warming up, and I was certainly falling for Penny.

Over the next few weeks Penny and I spent as much time as we could with each other during the week. There seemed to be no doubt now, we were falling in love.

Then at the weekends, they would go away and Holly could come out to play.

Sometimes Penny would come back early on Sunday and we would go out together, just two girls on the town having a great time. Occasionally Adele came back early too and then we would then have the classic "Are you really going out wearing that?" argument. Which obviously was all new to me. But secretly I think Adele enjoyed it almost as much as I did.

Party-1.JPG

It was a couple of weeks before Xmas and while chatting to Adele she asked, "Tell me, are you going home for the holidays? I understand Mark is going to be with his family for the week, are you planning to travel down with him?

I took a quick breath and launched into my cover story. “No, I will be staying up here. I have managed to get a temporary job that takes me right over the holiday. I would love to go home but I really need the money so I planned on staying here. Would that be ok?

“Yes, that would definitely be ok. I will be away too and I need someone I can trust to house-sit. I had it in mind to pay you if you were willing?

The next day I phoned home. I felt terrible lying to them but I told my parents that I had to stay up here to monitor a project at work.

Everything was falling into place.

You see, the thing is, I had come to a decision.

I would have one final week as Holly and then it would be time to pack everything away and say goodbye to her. I had no illusions that it was going to be easy, I have truly come to love my time as Holly.

But the simple fact is that I love Penny more than I love Holly. And I know I can't have both.

Once everybody is back in the new year I am going to propose to Penny.

Finally, my Holly-day could begin. (sorry, couldn't resist it) Each morning I would put on the wig and revel in the transformation. I would stand in the middle of that hurricane of hair, feeling every inch of my body tingling as it transformed. Then I’d gaze at the mirror and purr, “Morning, gorgeous” and get on with my day.

Adele even said I could use her car, which I did at every opportunity.

Car-2.jpg

As I looked down from the upstairs window I thought, "This couldn't be more perfect".

What I hadn't planned on was Penny coming back early. Don't get me wrong, it's great to see Penny, but this was not what I had planned at all! This was supposed to be my time to say goodbye to Holly, and to come to terms with losing someone who has become a very dear to me.

Penny then 'just happened to mention' that she had been invited to a benefit ball, but had no date, and would I mind being her date?"

What?...Go on a formal date with Penny? As a girl...? Really?

But Penny is the most precious person in the world to me, how could I say no? If that meant being her arm candy for the evening, so be it. We each rented a gorgeous strapless gown. In different colours, but definitely a matched pair. We primped and pampered each other all day getting ready for the evening.

Ballgown1.JPG

A limo came to pick us up and we were treated like royalty. I managed to relax and enjoy the attention as she showed me off to her friends. We were the Belles of the Ball.

It was the dream I’d never had... come true... and I loved every minute of it.

When we finally got home I paused in the lobby looking at the two doors. I wasn't sure if I should go into my own flat or come into the main house with her?

As we stood there I said, “Penny, today has been the most wonderful day of my life and there is nobod...mmph."

I was interrupted by Penny kissing me.

I wasn’t about to argue.

Today, for the first time in my life, Penny made me feel feminine, beautiful and desirable, and I just didn't want this to end.

When we came up for air I suggested that we change venues. “Wonderful idea,” she said, and still kissing we made our way into the house and to her bedroom.

I lay on the bed, giddy with excitement! I wasn’t sure what came next, I’d never done this before as a girl. For a moment she stood there looking at me, then very slowly she made her way towards me.

Bed-1.JPG

I have never known such passion!

As I blissfully lay in her arms, my mind began to drift away.....

No! I mustn't fall asleep! If I did, it would be Mark who would wake up with Penny and that was something I just couldn't face!

It wasn't long before I could feel her body relax and her breathing settle into a nice slow rhythm. I very gently untangled myself from her, and picking a flower from my corsage, I laid it on the pillow by her side.

As quietly as I could, I went back to my flat and made myself a coffee. There is no way I could sleep now and I really needed to think.

I watched the dawn come up, but I still couldn't come to any conclusions.

Window.jpg

It was about eight o'clock when I heard a key rattle in the front door. Damn it! So as not to make any noise I didn't close my door and it's still wide open.

I heard footsteps coming down my hallway and Adele's head appeared around the door. "What are you doing hiding down here love?"

I mumbled a reply.

Adele sat down beside me and with a kind smile "You were worried the wig might come off weren't you?"

It was a good job I was sitting as I would have collapsed right there and then!

"W..w..ww.. whhat? You knew?"

"Of course my dear. Who do you think put the wig in your wardrobe?"

"But... I... I..." Then an even worse thought hit me! "Penny! Does she know?"

"Of course Penny knows, it was her idea".

I really couldn't take any more and I just broke down in tears.

Adele put her arm around me "Oh my poor darling, I didn't realise, this has really been tough on you hasn't it?"

I buried my head into her shoulder and just sobbed.

hug-1.JPG

It was when I heard someone putting the kettle on and realising I was holding onto Adele that my heart sank even lower. I raised my eyes and saw Penny standing there.

There were so many emotions! Acute embarrassment, lots of embarrassment, shame, betrayed, broken hearted. But basically I just felt wretched!

Penny pulled up a chair and put her arms around us both. "I am sorry Holly, this was never meant to hurt you. But I can see now it has. I really am so sorry."

Through my tears I managed to say "I feel like I have been played, and played for a fool. You knew all along what was happening and just let me make an idiot of myself! I love you Penny, I really do! This week was to be my last time as Holly.... I was going to ask you to marry me.... But that's never going to happen is it?"

It was Penny's turn to cry now. "My dear Holly, I truly am very sorry. This was supposed to have been a wonderful weekend. I wanted to give you something special, to show how much I love you. But it's all gone wrong! It's all gone wrong! You must hate me so much!"

Cry.JPG

Adele stood up, placed my hand in Penny's and gently said "Hush... let's have some tea and give ourselves a moment to breathe".

I sat there just looking at Penny. I couldn't speak, but I gave her hand a gentle squeeze and tried to muster a smile.

With a shaky voice I asked "So are you witches?"

Adele sighed, "Ugh... Witch is such an archaic term. We are scientists really, only we work with data and knowledge that the rest of the world hasn't caught up with yet."

My mind was such a jumble, I really couldn't think anymore. All I could say was, "So what happens now?"

Penny squeezes my hand and with a hopeful look, "That's really up to you?"

Adele looks at me, "This is entirely our fault. We just assumed... but we shouldn't have. I hope you believe us when we say that we never intended to hurt you. Penny is right. What happens now is entirely your choice. But I want you to know that we both love you and we will do anything we can to make things right."

Penny takes both my hands in hers "Holly, I fell in love with you the first day we met and we sat chatting around this table. I love you as Holly and I love you as Mark. I can see now that we have hurt you deeply and perhaps it is already too late... but my answer would have been yes"

I sat there for the longest time but the words just wouldn't come.

As I slowly gathered my thoughts I remembered that it all started with those shoes. "So I take it the red shoes were part of this too?"

They both looked puzzled.

"You know, the red shoes that you left in the cupboard?"

They now looked very puzzled.

I stood up and went into the bedroom and brought the shoes back to show them "These red shoes".

Shoes4.JPG

Penny took them out of my hands and clutched them to her chest "I thought I had lost these! Oh, I loved these shoes! I would never take them off! It was like they almost became a part of me. I just felt wonderful in them and every step seemed to make me feel like a beautiful woman...."

With a concerned frown and looking straight at Adele. "How did they get into the cupbo..."

At the exact same moment, a look of shock went across their faces, and in unison they said "Oh, dear!"

For a moment there was silence...

Feeling like I was missing the punch line of a joke, I looked at them both and said, "I think you need to explain".

Adele gave me a weak smile, "Yes dear, I think we do"

We spent the best part of the day just talking. Eventually I said that I needed some time to think about all this.

As they got up to leave, Penny gave me a kiss on the cheek, then with sadness in her eyes, turned and left.

For weeks I battled with myself. I realise now that the red shoes were in the cupboard by mistake and this whole thing was an accident. But I also couldn't get away from the thought, that because of those shoes my masculinity had been profoundly undermined. Call it male pride if you will, but that wounded me. I knew I wasn't being reasonable, but I also found it hard to face Adele or Penny.

But they were very kind and patient, and gave me the space I needed to work out how I felt and to come to terms with everything. Which I eventually did.

From that moment things started to change quite quickly, including moving into the main part of the house.

I know they never intended to hurt me and that they love me.

The truth of the matter is that I love them dearly too.

We talked about it a lot and a choice had to be made between Mark or Holly, I couldn't be both.

It's been said that, "It is a wise man indeed who has come to know his own heart" and "To thine own self be true" (Clever bloke, Shakespeare). In the end the decision was easy.

Six months later I had the happiest day of my life when Penny and I got married.
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
2 brides.JPG

up
190 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Very Enjoyable

littlerocksilver's picture

... and no one was hurt. Holly wouldn't have made the change if it hadn't been the right thing to do in the first place. There wasn't any coercion, just the revelation of her true inner self. Nice story with very nice illustrations.

Portia

Very Enjoyable

My hope was to present a story where you get to the last bit and feel a little happier than when you started, and to show that not all mistakes are bad ones.

Really pleased you like the illustrations too, they actually take longer than the story to make. Only problem is, I have set a precedent now haven't I? Going to have to keep it up I suppose :-)

Thanks.

Huggy.

Red Shoes

joannebarbarella's picture

Can I have a pair?

Joanne

Red Shoes

I have some on back order :-)

Huggy

I Don't Know...

Given what they said, we seem essentially left in a situation where Adele deliberately addicted Mark/Holly with the red shoes, so that she'd live with them en femme indefinitely. (Penny, after all, says she'd have married him/her either way.)

Not only is that disturbing -- I'm reminded of the country-pop singer who reputedly divorced his wife in order to marry another performer who was the daughter of his cocaine supplier -- it certainly would seem to leave Mark in a spot where he'd have been unable to make a trustworthy decision. Which makes it hard for me to credit his choice.

Don't know whether I'm reading too much into this or not, but it gave me the feeling that Adele was actively looking for someone's life to disrupt, at least as much for the personal pleasure of doing so as for the net result. And her choice of victim was the classic just-moved-to-town-with-no-family-to-complicate-things guy; as it turned out, like many addictions it pretty much destroyed his effectiveness at the job he'd come to town to take.

Eric

...I've got it bad for you girl
But I don't need a cure
I'll just stay addicted and hope I can endure

...I -- I'm hooked on a feeling
High on believing
That you're in love with me...

- Hooked on a Feeling
by Mark James, sung by BJ Thomas and many others

I Don't Know

Wow! Now isn't that interesting.

I am still new to this writing lark and you certainly have got me thinking about how what we read can be different to what the writer was thinking. I can see perfectly where you are coming from and I suppose I did leave room for that idea, and it certainly gives the story an interesting twist. Hey, perhaps I am better at this than I thought? :-)

But the story in my head was a little simpler. The underlying theme I had in mind was the troubles that can be caused when people make assumptions. Which the girls certainly did, with the ultimate consequence of almost driving Mark away.

True, the initial move to going en femme was not of Mark's own making. Which clearly didn't sit well with him. But having had that world opened up to him he came to love it. And the girls did give him the space to ultimately make his own choice. In the end of course he was able to have Penny and Holly.

I do agree, Adel's motivation were never addressed. I thought she was just a mum helping them find love. However... (dundundun) perhaps you are right after all?

Huggy.

red shoes

good story to read and the pictures are good look at with story.

red shoes

I did try to make the pictures an integral part of the story, but you never really know how well it works until others can have a chance to see them. Really pleased you enjoyed it.

Thank you.

Very enjoyable story.

Oh I'm sure he can be Mark sometimes, after all, if they truly love each other and want to live together 'til death does ...' then maybe Mark can give Penny a baby or even save some of his own sperm and give Holly a baby with a turkey baster when he switcharroo's with the wig.

Maybe even the basis for the sequel.

Seems to me like the most perfect arrangement.

I loved it.

Thanks.

Beverly.

bev_1.jpg

Very enjoyable story

I never thought of a sequel. Interesting idea. :-)

Pleased you enjoyed the story and thanks for the encouragement.

I actually expected to find that Penny ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... had once been Paul who had been Adele's first "project". After all, when Mark produced the red shoes it was claear that Penny also immediately recognized them for what they were. Those red shoes seemed way too potent magically to be just accidentally left anywhere, and they started and drove the entire transformation (s?).

What assumption did Adele make about Mark? You didn't give any foreshadowing that he was in any way effeminate and would like the transformation.

BE a lady!

I actually expected to find that Penny ...

Wow, this story really seems to have sparked the imagination. Thanks for all the comments.

I hadn't thought about Penny being an earlier "project". Interesting idea.

The reason why Penny so quickly realised what had happened is simply because she is a witch too.

I agree, I did wonder how I could address the issue of the shoes being so potent as to affect Mark the way they did, and that they were "just" left in the cupboard. In the end I thought I would just run with the underlying theme that mistakes happen and sometimes we can mislay even valuable things.

The assumption Adele made came from that she knew he was dressing in the clothes and even using the breast forms and gaff. So from her point of view this was a real desire that Mark had, even though his public persona was contrary to that. He wouldn't be the first one to keep such desires private after all?

That assumption was compounded by that for the transformation to happen he would have to be wearing the full kit along with the wig. So when she saw him open the door transformed, and so quickly after leaving the wig, it just confirmed her suspicions.

Don't forget, she didn't know about the shoes.

I simply loved the story Huggy!

Yes there seems to be more to this story then was originally intended, but that's what happens when they take on a life of there own! I love my "red shoes"(though the're not quite as high as these), just wish they posessed as much magic as Mark's! (Giggle giggle). I think with all the input a prequel and a sequel could be enjoyable Huggy dear. Loving Hugs Talia
Ps. The images add a fabulous touch sweetie!

I simply loved the story Huggy!

Hmm... this story certainly has generated a lot of interest. The kind comments are certainly very much appreciated, and I am so pleased the pictures have been a success.

I have a couple of other stories mostly written, just need to sort the pictures now. But once they are done I might just pop by and see how our girls are doing.

Of course, if anyone has ideas of how things might go..... ;-)

Mark or Holly....

Holly... every time!!! Can't be both.... well, why not??!! I'd want to be!! xx Ginger

Love, Love, Love!

BriannaD's picture

I absolutely Love this story. I would like to put in for one of those lovely wigs please. Brunette and long wave curls!

Making a big life change is pretty scary. Know what's even more scary? Regret! XOX Bri.