The Birthday List Part 2

Printer-friendly version
Andy’s dream might possibly become reality

 

Birthday List Part 2
By Sara D.

 

Andy sat staring back and forth at his parents trying to figure things out but kept quite through brunch. He was certain that his mom and dad understanding about his birthday list had to have been a dream, all be it a good one.

“Andy I want you and me to go shopping for another pair of shoes for school, you need a good pair of Gym shoes” mom said while clearing her dishes from the table.

“Ok mom” I sighed.

I cleaned up my dishes and disappeared into my room and flung myself on my bed. ‘It was a dream’ I thought and looked into the waste basket beside my computer desk and found the paper I had crumpled up just as I had left it, bummer.

I logged onto Facebook and looked at the latest posts from Tim and Shawn, noting new from them. I fiddled around on eBay doing a little “shopping” and began to think about all the possibilities and what if’s. Who was I kidding?

“Andy! Time to go” mom bellowed.

We arrived at the mall again and mom and I when threw Penny’s again. Look at all those clothes I thought as I pretended to briskly walk by. Before we got through the women’s section to get to shoes mom stopped looking like she spotted something.

Mom made her way to a rack of shirts and chose a few that looked pretty.

“I just need a few tops for work, I’ll only be a moment” She said as she took the shirts to the fitting room. “Just wait out here for me.”

I looked around and could not hold back the possibilities any longer. I had to touch the material of the clothes that were surrounding me now. I strolled over to the edge of the junior section as I knew mom would take longer than promised. I found a rack of skinny jeans and just fell in love with them. On a rack near them were some nice shirts that I liked as well. I wandered what size I might be as I fantasized about trying them on. I then saw it, only a few racks away, the most beautiful dress I ever saw.

I quickly went over to the rack and looked at the dress, a short sleeve tunic dress that was blue and white and looked to be just above the knee. I had to look at it further and I pulled it from the rack and held it up to my body. My eyes were closed with fascination as I opened my eyes and looked at myself in a mirror. I had to have this dress; if nothing else I had to at least try it on, but how. I turned from the mirror and just savored the dream a bit more before returning the dress to the rack.

“I have to have this dress” I said in a whisper.

I turned around with the dress one more time before hanging it up and pushed right into my mom who was now standing behind me.
 
 
Author’s Note: I am back from a long hiatus, please forgive my absence. I will attempt to finish this and The house fire now that my muse is back.

up
71 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Party list is good...

Sara, enjoy yourself and write more.

Hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors