Nowhere To Go... But Here - Chapter 4: The Date

Printer-friendly version
Chapter Four
The Date

It was late at night. A woman named Megan was out on a date with a man.

She was having a few drinks enjoying herself and knew her son and daughter were safe at home, eating pizza, and either playing video games or watching TV. She had no worries at all.

Yes, there have been reports of missing children in the news lately, but she also knew that her kids were smart enough to lock the door and not answer it.

Her neighbor could always check up on them if anything does happen.

Drinking her third glass of Long Island ice tea, Megan smiles at her date.

“So how are your kids doing?” her date asked.

“They're fine. Fred,” Megan chuckled. “I just talked to Cory, my oldest. He said my daughter, Mikayla, just got into the cookies and soda.”

“Typical children,” the man laughed. 

A waiter walked over and handed them their food. “Here you go, Madam.” He put down a plate in front of Megan. “Gravadlax With Celeriac & Fennel Salad” He puts down a plate in front of Fred. “And for the gentleman, Grilled lobster with lemon and herb butter, and scalped potatoes.”

“Thank you,” they both say simultaneously.”

“Will there be anything else, I may get you?” he asked.

“Another Long Island?” Megan smiled.

“Don't you think, you've had enough?” Fred asked. “You already had three tonight.”

“I believe the gentleman is right,” the waiter told Megan.

“It's alright,” Megan chuckled. “I'll take an Uber home.”

“You don't have to do that,” Fred pointed out. “I can always give you a lift.”

The waiter left for her drink.

As the couple sat there enjoying their meals, Megan's phone went off.

“Excuse me,” she said and wandered off to answer her phone.

The waiter came back and dropped off another Long Island while she was away. Fred sat there and continued eating. 

A few minutes later, Megan stepped back to the table and sat down.

“Who was on the phone?” Fred asked, trying to open the shell of his lobster.

“That was only my neighbor,” Megan said, putting her phone in her purse. “She heard screaming coming from our house, and was worried.” She chuckled a bit. “I told her it was likely Cory playing a trick on Mikayla like he always does.” She takes a bite of her Salmon. “She would have gone over and checked on them, but it's down-pouring outside.”

“Didn't you try calling your kids?” Fred asked.

“I sent them a text,” Megan grinned. “Cory said they were alright.” She took a sip of her Long Island and continued her meal. 

~o~O~o~

It was nice to spend some time with you tonight,” Fred said to Megan as they step up to her front door.

“Would you like to come in for a bit?” Megan asked, “You know since it's raining?” They both stepped into the room. “I'd like to introduce you to my children.” She gazed around. “If they're still awake, that is.”

They both laugh.

“I'll check on them.” Megan steps upstairs. Checking every room. She was screaming. A minute later, she runs down in a panic.

“My kids are gone!” She screams.

“Now hold on” Fred tried to calm her. “Did you check every room? They could be playing a prank on you.”

“I did, they aren't anywhere to be seen.

They both start searching the house. Fred notices the backdoor was open.

“Did you open this door?” He asked.

“No I didn't,” Megan panicked.

The neighbor walked in the front door a second later. She could hear every word.

Megan took out her cellphone and called the police.

“Nine-One-One. Police, Fire or Medical?” the dispatcher says on the other line.

“Hello, my children are nowhere to be seen. I have searched everywhere for them. I believe they were kidnapped.” She screamed to the emergency dispatcher.

“Now calm down, ma'am... Did you say your children were kidnapped?”

“Yes, I got home and found the house empty. The front door was locked, but the back door was wide open! I couldn't find my children anywhere!”

“Ma'am, when was the last time you heard from them?” The dispatcher calmly spoke over the phone.

“I texted to my oldest child... My son about two hours ago, while I was out on a date.”

“Okay, we are sending a police officer over just hold tight.”

up
137 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Complicated.

Complicated.

a little

The story is also complicated.

name.png

...and strange.

Sadarsa's picture

Interesting, but very very strange.

Princess panty-boy? a childrens cartoon.... seriously?

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

yes

The Adventures of Princess Panty-boy is the main tv show to most of my stories. and Princess Panty-boy said she was glad to be part of my stories.

name.png

and very

very strange. Wonder what will happen next.

lol

A big surprise

name.png