Shadow of the Heart Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version


Shadow of the Heart

Chapter 2

Training

Training came in two parts. The physical and the mental. The physical was strait forward in that it was all about getting to know what my new body can do and how to do it. The mental was harder. It was all about getting into your targets head and learning to know what they will do before they do. How to read the minute signs that will let you be one step ahead of the game always. Mixing the two to make a perfect agent. This is what I needed to do or I would get my target and myself killed. I was the last line of defense for the target. The second team did the dirty work, I was there if someone slipped by them. So I learned to play the girlfriend no mater who the target was. Since I am an open minded Bisexual this was no problem. I was taught everything I needed to know. That even included how to kill bare handed if need be. I was shaped into the perfect girlfriend.

Two months went by while I trained. The outside world moved on and the person I was forgotten like he never existed. I now had a new name Amber Lyn Shane. Not the most notable name out there but that was the idea. True to her word after my training I never was around Ashley again. I was assigned to the office in California. It was far from my former home so I would never have to worry about running into anyone I knew. Not that would matter with my new look.

My first mission was a simple one. Get close to this lesbian and play arm candy for a while. The second team would take out the threat and the target would never know she was being protected.

I was given all the data we had on her and placed in her favorite tea shop to pick her up. I knew what tea she bought and what she munched on with her tea. I had just asked for the right Tea and scone when the attack came. Where the hell was the second team? I grabbed the girl and pulled her down as the spray of bullets came through the front window. Two people died but not the target. Damn drive bys! They had made there move way to early. Our people said they would wait a few days. The tea shop owner took a shot to the head he was gone. The old lady who was standing behind the target was hit in the chest she was gone as well. No one else was in the shop at that time dang it how am I going to spin this? I was wearing a ear piece hidden in a hearing aid. I heard "code 9". That meant get the target and get out of there, spin later. I got up pulling the target with me and headed for the back door. Staying low. She was scared and followed my directions. Out the back door and down the ally to a car that was there just in case. We got in and off I drove.

I glanced over at her and she was shaking. I said "Calm down I'll get us out of this." I hoped. It would suck to fail on my first mission. I drove to a clothing shop and stopped the car. "Time to do some shopping. We need to look different if we are going to fool those guys." She was calming down.

In my ear piece I heard "Tell her who you are." Oh great this should go over well.

She was looking at me like she was not sure about me. I smiled "It is going to be ok. I was hired to protect you. My name is Amber. Once we get new clothes We will lay low for a bit. I will protect you."

She frowned "Why would anybody want to kill me? I am a nobody."

I shrugged "That is not my area, I am just here to protect you. Let's shop." I got her in the store and looking through the clothes. It calmed her down. I was waiting for instructions from the office. Soon we had bought 3 changes of clothes each and were back in the car. I circled the town and randomly picked a direction to drive. This is so not how the day was to go. I drove out to the coast and watched a pretty sunset for awhile. I was sure things were totally FUBAR at the moment. I did not want to play the part I had been dropped into. I needed a plan. We found a no-tell motel and I told her to get some sleep.

About 3 hours later I finally got orders from the office. It was one word "Run!" I had her up and out the door in a flash. We walked away from the car in case it had been spotted. We found the bus stop and soon we were headed south. Three hours and many bus changes we were at the border. We crossed and I slipped into a side street. Heading away from the lights of the mid town and the chance of being noticed. I spoke Spanish and knew my way around the back ways of Mexico. I was using that knowledge to get us to a safe place. I am half Mexican and looked it. That made my moving around back here easier the Target not so much. We will have to be careful. I will have to use my trump card if things go bad.

We found a cantina just before dark and got some dinner and a room for the night. This is going to be a long night. I pushed the dresser if front of the door. It wont stop anyone but it will give me time to get ready to fight.

It was hard to get the target moving the next morning. I was trying to keep ahead of anyone trying to catch us. the earpiece said "Safe house 4 2:00 pm." Well that was something. a quick breakfast and we moved out. Moving back into the mainstream areas. It took us a hour to slip back across the border and catch a bus back to the city. The 3 hour round about trip to the safe house gave me plenty of time to think. This would be my life for awhile. I walked slowly with the target like just two girlfriends towards the safe house. After a walk around the block I got another message "Go in your contact is waiting." I kept the target behind me as we went up to the door. I got the key and entered to find three women waiting.

The leader of the women gave me the clear sign and I relaxed a little. She said "We have her now your mission is done. You did good. We will take it from here.

That is how my first mission went. Back to the present.

The hook was set and I was waiting for him to bite when somebody through a flash bang into the mix. I managed to get my arms around him. If someone was going to take him they were going to get me to. I acted the scared little girl and clung to him. I counted ten bad-ass guys came in to finish the job. This was not the plan.

Two guys grabbed him I was holding tight and was not going to let go. The big guy looked to the leader when he could not pry me off. the leader said "Take her too." So I was going for a ride. We were taken out and thrown into a van. Bags were put over our heads. I waited and played my part.

My earpiece said "Code 3" Play along and wait for backup.

To be continued

As always all Life Giving Comments are Welcome and Loved!

up
207 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

HEY!!!!

Alecia Snowfall's picture

HEY!!!! No seat belt warning? I had to hang on tight for this ride hun. warn a girl when you pull out all the stops*winks* good chapter Gypsy!

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Crikeys!

What a ride. Good chapter

Joanna

Great chapter!

Are the chapters gonna get longer? Can't wait for more.

nomad

Nice story line.

The story is nice. A cops and robbers one.

You could use some corrections in grammar but keep writing that will come.

Gwen