Dear Diary : 2007-09-20

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Thursday, 20 September, 2007

Dear Diary
I went to talk to Miss Wiggums instead of first period today.

I was scared. I opened my locker and there was a box with a red bow on it. Not so scary-sounding, right? How'd it get in my locker? Scarier? Okay, then.

When I opened it, it had a picture of me sitting at lunch with Jennifer and Matthew, and then a picture of Ethan cut out of the yearbook from my old Middle School (or Junior High, some call it).

So. Someone knows. And it's someone that can get into my locker.

I tried to go to class, but it felt like everyone was staring at me. I went into the girls' room and caught my breath... then I went to go find Miss Wiggums. I spent all of first period there.

She called Principal Soames and had my locker looked at and stuff. I felt a lot better and didn't think I was going to have a panic attack, so I went ahead to second period after that.

At lunch, I went and found 'Nessa, and she assured me that not only didn't she do it, but she hadn't told anyone, either.

I mean... 'Nessa was one of my only two friends when I was Ethan. I want to believe her.

I calmed down a lot when nothing else happened during the day. Well. Sortof.

When I got to ballet class tonight, the older student that was teaching us "newbies" was Simone. Yeah. The girl that used to babysit me up until this past summer. And I think she recognized me, but she just cocked her head at me and smiled, and went on with the lesson. She introduced herself to me as if we'd never met, afterwards, but there was a note from her in my bag in the lockers.

It basically was just telling me that she thought I was cute as a girl and she'd be over to see me and my parents tomorrow night.

As the great green one would say...

"Sheesh."

Courtney

up
37 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

WOW, busy day...

I guess Courtney's "living in interesting times."

Fun story - mostly... I REALLY hope the package isn't from Lisa... Not sure how she'd do it, but...

Thanks,

Annette

Dear Courtney

Dear Courtney,

That sounds like one hell of a day. A picture in a box in your locker? you can be greatful for one thing. . . that it was in your locker, and not on a poster in the cafeteria. Someone knows, but is thoughtful enough to not say anything. . . yet. I hope that whom ever it is, that they are a friend, and not an enemy of Ethan's.

Simone must have suspected something while babysitting you. If she hadn't she would probibly been more shocked and maybe have even created a scene.

One good thing that you can derive from all of this is that Ethan did have loyal true friends who cared about him.

Hope tomorrow is better.

Snoops

Sheesh

My goodness.

I thought that it might be the case that someone would recognise her. It's only to be expected after all.

I do hope that Courtney is not in for a horrifically bad time and I hope too that Lisa is going to be supportive. I think the fact that she is going to be dropping round to see Courtney and her parents is proof that she bears her no ill will.

We will see won't we?

Lady E

Ummm. Don't you mean Simone?

Lisa's out to get her right now. Simone's stopping by after dinner... :-)

We will hopefully see.

Annette

Ooops : ) Sorry, my mistake

You're quite right. I didn't mean Lisa at all.

I really must pay attention. I'm probably having a senior moment.

Lady E

Please elucidate....

.... the great 'green one' is a reference to what?