Dear Diary : 2007-10-18

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Thursday, 18 October, 2007

Dear Diary
Fourth day of Spirit Week

Today was Novel Day. Which means you have to come as either a character from a novel or an author. If you go with character, you'll be asked in homeroom to talk about the story the character comes from and her or his role in it. If you go with author, it has to be a "recognizable" author that folks will know by sight.

I was totally lost, and Mom suggested I wear the Alice costume again. Lame. Inspiration hit me as I was waking up, though. I ended up going as Dorothy Gale from The Wizard of Oz.

I have to admit, I was curious what Matthew was going to do today. He didn't disappoint. He came to school as Sherlock Holmes. He didn't win today, some girl in the Senior class won, and I never even heard what her costume was.

Pretty boring today, actually. Not much going on that shouldn't. Not that I mind. I'd rather things be nice and boring from now on.

The only halfway exciting thing that happened today was when Lisa tripped and went sprawling at lunchtime. In a skirt. Yeah, the guys were hooting and hollering, but they shut up when she stood up and calmly brushed herself off... and then glared around the room.

Courtney

up
37 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Dear Courtney

Dear Courtney,

I'm glad things are getting boring for you. It doesn't make much for us to read about, but what ever is easier on you.

I hope you're feeling better from your 'run in' with the bar. Lisa wore a skirt, huh? was that for your benefit perhaps? maybe she hasn't given up on you.

I can't wait to hear what tomorrow's spirit week theme will be. keep us posted.

Snoops

Lean and Mean

terrynaut's picture

I feel sorry for Lisa. It sounds like she could use a friend. :)

As for Matthew, did he cease being a goober? Is he starting to look tasty?

It sounds like you've plenty of potential dates to choose from. Choose wisely grasshopper. ;)

- Terry