Allison's Pledge: Blog Entry 1

Printer-friendly version

Blog Entry

October 10 2019 / 02:19 AM EST
Posted By: HaileyGrl18197

Hey gals it’s your girl, Hailey. I know this blog has been quiet for like a week but it’s because I’ve been watching this whole Allison situation going on over at Bellcrest. As the president of AG, Van Buren chapter I have a few things to say about it and let’s be honest, some people aren’t going to like it. The first thing I want to say is that transgender women are women – there’s no arguing that fact and if you try to argue that with me then you’re a horrible human being. When I became president of Alpha Gamma here at Van Buren I like to think that I took a pledge similar to Allison’s. I pledged to uphold a bond and obligation to a sisterhood that would support me throughout the rest of my life, and I them. After watching her video I’m convinced that Allison Parsons was done a great injustice and she delivered a powerful speech. She knew that she wasn’t getting back in, you could see it in her face. So what does that mean for me exactly?

Given how many friends I have in the LGBT community I cannot simply stand by and remain silent as one of our own is cast aside as if she were nothing but a piece of garbage. Allison pledged to Alpha Gamma and in return, Alpha Gamma owed her their own pledge which they did not fulfill. They abandoned her and left her vulnerable and for that reason I am walking away from Alpha Gamma here in my senior year at Van Buren university. I would much rather face the collegiate landscape on my own than be associated with an organization that promotes hate. I call upon all of my Alpha Gamma sisters to do the same. Take #AllisonsPledge, #walkaway from Alpha Gamma.

up
140 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hard Call..

I understand the sentiment... I'd rather say our house has gone rogue and honors the pledge that was made to Allison. That to back out of that pledge is the thing that would dishonor AG Bellcrest or Van Buren believe...

"Won't reconsider?" Pressure and they're having to unravel or divide AG House by House would be an ugly thing for them to do.

Jessie's stand

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

wanna bet

Miyata's picture

the similarity to a current mess that I know about is amazing. Kind of wonder if it is the same.

Miyata312

'Do or Do Not, There is no Try' - Yoda

Interesting

Didn't see this possibility coming. Question is, how effective will it be? And what will be AG's reaction? They can try and save face by offering to reinstate Allison, but she's a damn fool if she goes back to them. If Allison wins the war then there are going to be some pissed off people remaining at AG.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

did you know

Miyata's picture

As the former Associate Professor at a Midwestern University and have a Life Partner that's also an 'AG' Sister, let it be known that another 'AG' Sister is the wife of a VIP in the DC area that believes in Conversion Therapy to Cure us of our 'illness'. We are now extremely content and accepted in our Southeastern Coastal home. Chased out of the Midwest partially true, but we'd always wanted to retire around here and have been here going on 12 years now. Good luck Allison and be leary of those that seem eager to protect you, because sometimes they're your biggest enemies as we found out the hard way. Funny thing is that we found complete acceptance from the 'redneck' community here much more than the Progressive side. Think of the 1991 film 'Doc Hollywood' and the similarity of where we live is amazing.

Miyata312

'Do or Do Not, There is no Try' - Yoda

Nicely written

Jamie Lee's picture

As another part of Allison's story it's nicely done. Given that this is supposedly from the president of another AG chapter, it would fit better in the overall story if it had been inserted between the chapters when other AG chapters began pulling out of AG national.

Still, it is well written and adds to the overall story.

Others have feelings too.