Drabble Theatre: Lord of the Fries

Printer-friendly version

Edwin wiped the countertop down quickly, not so much removing the grease as bringing it to a more even shine.

He had been working at the Mondo Burger for a couple of years, barely making enough to stay in college, and yet...

"Order up!"

He grabbed the tray and took it out to one of his many corpulent customers, his ponytail bouncing on behind him.

The large man grinned at him. "Thank you, my girl! Time to dig in!"

The old gentleman laughed, and Edwin smiled back. Yes, sometimes it was all worth it.

up
59 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

hah

kristina l s's picture

Nice bounce, in inverted compliments. Gets a smile.

Kristina

cool

its cute i like it

Brings Back Memories

Of when I worked at the golden arches while in college. For most of the time i was in college I worked 3rd shift, at one of the 24 hour stores in the southern suburbs of the twin cities. I was in a goth phase at the time. Really it was an excuse to be experimenting in a "socially acceptable" way. As I was hired on for order taking and customer service I got away with nail polish (black or silver) and long hair (dyed black), especially since after 5 months i was made the overnight crew lead. Needless to say between that and my voice (never broke) most of out customers thought I was female. What was funnier, new hires sometimes took an entire week before they would remember to address me using male pronouns. Not that I wanted to mind you, but it wouldn't have looked good not to correct them especially as we had a few crew members that were less than open minded.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once - Albert Einstein

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once - Albert Einstein