Drabble Theatre: Gordon, Not

Printer-friendly version

"Gordon!"

"That you Gordon?"

"Hey Gordon!"

Melissa growled as she rushed down the hallway towards the school's rear- and mostly unused- exit.

Why had she agreed to do this again? 'Great prank,' he said. 'Lots of fun,' he said. 'Twenty bucks,' he said. Oh, the joys of having a twin.

She pushed her way through the doors to find her brother there waiting in her favorite skirt and blouse, with a green look on his face.

"Uh, sis, did you know you cheerleaders had physicals today?" He asked nervously...

up
53 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh, oh!

Rasufelle, that was good. I laughed and laughed. Nice work!

I am a grain of sand on a near beach; a nova in the sky, distant and long.
In my footprints wash the sea; from my hands flow our universe.
Fact and fiction sing a legendary song.
Trickster/Creator are its divine verse.

--Old Man CoyotePuma

Cute

I'm not so sure the pun works as well in this one, unless you're suggesting that Gordon's problem is going to be solved by cutting something open? (Eep!)

It's sad, I know.

My drabbles usually start with a title or opening line, and I just kind of improvize from there. In this case, I was thinking about Gordian knots, and the pun came up, so I ran with it. I was more interested in the idea of the female to male mixup for this one anyhow, it's something I haven't done before, and probably won't do again. Call me biased, but I prefer to read it the other way around:)

Melanie E.

Cheerleader Physical? Oh My!! :-)

No wonder he's green.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine