Dragon's Mark ~ Chapter 9 (Final)

Printer-friendly version


The fact that I also look like I'm ready to audition for the next centerfold Playboy Bunny, doesn't help.



 

 DragonsMarc-cov-001_0.jpg

Dragon's Mark

By Shauna

Copyright© 2021 Shauna J. Rousseau
All Rights Reserved.
(Cover image designed by Joyce Melton.)
(Edited by Angela Rasch.)


 
 
Chapter Nine

 


 

I walk into the War Room and try not to react to the stunned looks. Of course, no one is expecting me to be walking. The fact that I also look like I'm ready to audition for the next centerfold Playboy Bunny, doesn't help. I focus on not tripping in the heels that Sis made me wear and not falling flat on my face. I don't get what part of just getting out of a wheelchair and having unsteady legs doesn't equate with not wearing high heels to her … even if they are just "one-inch kitty heels," as she called them. I guess I shouldn't have pushed myself last night and survived that five-mile hike through the woods to Ginger's car. It kind of took all of the wind out of my argument.

Of course, I only made it three of the five miles alone. I guess I had subconsciously called out for help when Otohime stranded me, and Race picked up on that plea. He had immediately let me know that he was on his way. Once I realized what I had done, I was already almost at the three-mile mark and, to be honest, just wanted to tell him not to bother … I didn't want him to think that I was dependent on him … or needed him in that way. But I was almost on my last leg, and wasn't really sure if I would make it, so I begrudgingly accepted his offer to help.

Before I knew it, he came swooping down in his dragon form. It was the first time I had ever seen him that way, and I was awed by his sheer size and beautiful sapphire blue color. Had I not known that he was coming, he would have scared the Bejeezus out of me. He silently landed in a large clearing, gently flapping his huge wings, and transformed back into his human form. It surprised me that he was fully clothed, but he didn't seem to be up for much conversation. He wordlessly picked me up and carried me the last two miles in his strong arms.

I struggled with my mounting needs and desires the whole rest of the way back to the car. He was cradling me, my head close to his chest … where I got a lung full of his full musky-smokey scent with every breath. I could hear his heartbeat … and feel it against my cheek. I could tell he was just as full of need as I was, and I felt my panties getting very wet.

When we arrived at the grassy clearing where the car was parked, he gently lay me down in the grass under the full moon and hungrily kissed me. I felt my nipples harden and my breasts swell in response to his passion, and I put my arms around his neck, fisting his hair, and eagerly began to explore the smoky flavor of his mouth with my tongue. And so, the first of the next two hours we spent waiting for my family crew to arrive back from their "run" was consumed by a lot of passionate kissing that neither of us could stop.

Once we got the initial kissing out of the way, we both struggled to ignore the other desperate need that we were both experiencing. My panties were beyond wet, with my juices running down my leg. Race was no better off … I could feel his rock-hard member and smell his own desire. But we knew we needed to talk.

After I explained the whole encounter with Otohime and showed Race my back, he confirmed that there is more at stake than just the dinosaurs but assured me that he doesn't really know more about the details of that than I do … only that it has something to do with magic, in general. It also turns out that Otohime was right about another thing … Race is fully committed to our bond.

He admitted that he is just as confused about it all as I am. Like, why we would have been bound, in the first place when I was a guy? Or why I would wind up as a woman? But then he explained that the fact that I'm now this hot babe is what is helping him get over his confusion and that's why he's finally ready to go the whole way and cement the bond. He didn't use the exact words "hot babe," but it was certainly implied.

That set me off. If he couldn't see that I'm totally freaked out about being a woman … hot babe, aside … then he was being an insensitive jerk. If that was all he cared about, then he could go find another princess to bond with … one with a lot more vanity and vapidness than me. And I let him know that in no uncertain terms.

Supposedly confused at my sudden "bitchiness," he transformed back into his dragon right before the others arrived and took off in a huff. I sat there and fought the tears that wanted to come. But I was so furious at him … and my whole "destiny" and "fate" … that I couldn't even break down in a good cry, which in and of itself was a strange thing for me to even think was an acceptable option, in the first place.

The "pack" arrived a few minutes later … I had been able to let Sis know where I was. They quickly all transformed back into their human forms in front of my eyes, and I was once again struck by the fact that they were fully clothed.

Momma had a new wild look in her eyes, which were also constantly darting around … the same as Sis' and Ginger's … continuously on the lookout. She also looked to be twenty years younger … no longer in her mid-forties, but in her mid-twenties, like the rest of us in the clearing. It seems that her transformation had also triggered the release of her latent and pent-up white magic source and healing core that is tied to her Norse ancestry. She could be our sister, rather than our adoptive mother.

I brought them up to speed as quickly as I could on Otohime's visit, although I didn't mention my back. Something told me it was … private … other than with Race. At least for now. Somehow, I could feel that it was another thing that connected us … which only made it seem like it was his fault that I now not only have an effing tattoo, but one that covers my whole fricking back. Not to mention that it moves … and is totally freaking me out!

The ride home after that was weird. I was emotionally drained, furious, and completely confused. My back still felt like there was something alive in my skin … Otohime's whole visit had me terrified. Momma was now a part of Sis' and Ginger's pack … her beta female. They had a new connection that I have no concept of … and could also now all telepathically communicate with one another, as a pack.

I was feeling left out of my own family … like an outsider. Race and I were now further apart than ever. My legs were killing me. And my back still felt like an army of ants was crawling under the skin, which served as a constant reminder of the whole effing night.

When we finally got home, I just rushed out of the car and to my bathroom, slamming doors the whole way. I finally broke out in tears as I turned on the shower and let the hot, steamy water run over my body … as the sobs continued to wreak it. After several long minutes, I turned it to cold to shock myself out of my despair.

Neither the hot, nor the cold water helped the strange feeling in my back. When I finally got up the nerve to look at it again, in the mirror … this time without clothes and under the bright light of the bathroom, I could only gasp at the dizzying sight. I had to hold onto the sink's vanity to keep from falling to the floor. The large red dragon was still there covering my entire back and was still moving … undulating or slithering is maybe a better description … and its tongue would occasionally slither out, like it was tasting the air. It seemed … restless … and it totally freaked me the fuck out! But I didn't say a word about it to Sis, Ginger, or Momma.

 


 

Right now, I feel like total crap. I had to use extra concealer to hide the bags under my eyes. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well, last night. And Race and I are still very awkward around one another. He tried connecting with me as I was in bed, but it ended predictably in disaster, since he was still completely unapologetic. This day is going to be so much fun … not!

"Well, good morning, Princess." He doesn't even look up at me. "I'm glad you could grace us with your presence, today. The dinosaur population in China is now at over five thousand strong. Might you have any thoughts on the situation?"

I close my eyes and ball up my fists to keep from saying something as inappropriate as his condescending "greeting." Of course, no one gets him calling me "Princess," so they'll all assume it's him making fun of me. I clamp down on my connection to him to stop anything from escalating and look around the War Room with a sigh. All eyes … except his … are on me. Unfortunately, aside from the confusion about my sudden ability to walk and my obvious femininity, they also all have an expectant … hopeful … look in them.

"I wish I did." I shrug. "I've already told 'His Highness' that this whole thing is laughable, in terms of a serious army. Conventional weapons should be fairly effective against dinosaurs, even the badass ones. I mean a tank or rocket launcher should be able to take out a T-Rex, if the proper round hits it. Bombs should be totally effective. But I have no idea how the magic comes into play in all of this. Are these … simple … dinosaurs, or do they have some sort of magical protections, like shields? I know that 'His Highness' has indicated that 'Grey Bear' will provide them with some sort of 'protection.'" I sprinkle the whole conversation with liberal air quotes.

The others ignore my facetiousness and focus on the serious parts, which sparks a debate among those present, minus him, on what the odds are of magical defenses … and what those might be. He just stares at the table, with his head down the whole time.

After an hour of fruitless "debate," I sigh. "I have to go for some physical therapy and … other training. I don't seem to be of much help here right now, so I will see you all tomorrow."

I hurry out of the room, fighting tears of anger and embarrassment, and down to the garage, where Ginger and Sis are waiting for me. "Well, that was a disaster! The jackass won't even look at me … like it's my fault that all he's interested in is my newfound 'hot' body … and what is now between my legs. Or … what's not, I guess. Anyway, I didn't ask for any of it and I'm not his play toy!"

Ginger shakes her head and Sis sighs. "I'm sorry, Hon, but you're both being idiots! We do however need to get you to your first lesson. You'll start with an hour of basic yoga to stretch and strengthen those muscles, then progress to an hour of ballet to increase your strength, grace and balance, and then end with an hour of Taiichi to pull it all together and start prepping you for martial arts moves. Kamorkis provided us with the contacts … I guess they're supposed to help prepare you in some special way. I don't know more than that."

I feel my dragon move on my back and screw up my face with a pout. "Fun … Not! Can't we just go get some coffee, instead?"

 


 

I lay back in the luxurious mounds of lavender-scented bubbles with a long, contented sigh and let the steamy-hot water soothe my sore muscles, as the scented oils soak into my skin. Now, this is one perk of womanhood I can get behind! A long, hot soak in a bubble bath is just what the doctor ordered after this disastrous day … literally. Well, it was two magical healers that ordered it, but close enough.

I let out another sigh … this time in frustration. Every time I start relaxing, I feel Race's maddening strong tug on my heart, and I really want him right here in the tub with me. If only he wasn't being such a jerk! He's being such a guy. I wasn't good enough for 'His Highness' until I had a hot woman's body. Not that I can blame him for not wanting my broken boy's body. But we're bonded … and already were before I had this body … so what would he have done, if I had healed and beefed up as a man? I mean, to be fair, I have no idea how that would have affected me, either. But that's beside the point!

I want him now. And I wanted him then. But I really want him now.

I shake my head in confusion. How much of my lust is due to my newfound female hormones betraying me and forcing me to submit to their devious sexual siren song? I mean, there's no doubt that I'm desperately … amorous. Hell. Let's be honest, I want … need … him inside me and making me scream like he does in my dreams of him. Just the thought of it intensely turns me on.

My fingers slide down my oil-slicked legs and find my new little slit. I start rubbing around the outside of it … along the folds around its edges … and shiver.

I want him in me so badly I could scream! That doesn't mean I'll give in to him and be his little play toy! But the mere thought of him in me has me breathing harder. My finger slips inside me, and I jerk as it finds my slick little mound and my long fingernail gently tickles it, eliciting another loud gasp.

No! He needs to want me for me, not my body. I mean I want him for him … not just his well-muscled and toned body and his obviously large manhood. Right? I add another finger and move them deeper into my slickened slit, pressing harder with my fingertips on my little mound … rubbing it sensually, slowly, at first … then more frantically as I start making increasing waves in the water with my gyrating hips.

I close my eyes and picture him inside me, like in that last dream … and moan loudly as a mounting orgasm consumes my body. I slip under the water and let out a loud scream.

I come up out of the water with a splash and take a deep breath, blushing as my heart begins to slow back down and my breathing returns to normal. There's water all over the floor. I'll have to mop up, but the pent-up release was definitely worth it! See! I don't need his manhood … just him!

I shudder with a sigh. Maybe if I keep telling myself that, I'll eventually even start believing it!

 


 

The rest of the week falls into a mundane sort of rhythm. Mornings are spent in the War Room trying to ignore the mounting tension between Race and me, while the group tries to strategize plans to counter the growing threat of the Chinese dinosaur army. Afternoons are spent doing yoga, ballet, and Taiichi. Evenings are spent practicing my makeup … and walking in heels. Neither is certainly my idea, but I've already lost the makeup argument and Sis and Ginger are both determined that I will be "completely at home" in five- and six-inch stiletto heels. I have no idea why.

My relationship with Race is still very strained, since it's still very clear that he just wants me for my body. My desire for him is still very real and only growing more and more against my will and better judgement, every day. The thing is that it really is more than just sexual for me … I have this deep-seated emotional need for him. I can't explain it … but it feels like it has something to do with my newly developing "feminine" side. I certainly never had these sorts of feelings … before. And they're not the sort of feelings I would have ever attributed to Dad … even though he was certainly a loving father.

The strength in my legs is slowly getting better, as is my balance. But, as with Race, I still have a long way to go to get my physical abilities back up to par … just ask my confused brain and Madame Broussard, my ballet mistress.

I focus back on my yoga session and finish up my chaturanga before smoothly moving into downward dog, my heels flat on the floor as I push back into a deep calf stretch. My arms have no problem with the pushup part of the chaturangas, but my legs still quiver when I stress them during any of the balance poses.

I'm so not looking forward to ballet and all of the plies and precision movements that I know are coming. Then again, even though Madam Broussard is worse than Tanvi, my yoga instructor, neither come close to Master Yoshi, who is teaching me Taiichi. I always thought that was supposed to be relaxing! Well, I was wrong—just ask my calves!

I do my best to quit worrying about what comes next, as I lay back into my shavasana and try and relax. My mind won't settle, though … I just can't get Race's obvious betrayal out of my mind. I didn't ask for this bond and I twice didn't ask to be a "hot babe" … or for that matter any sort of "babe," at all. I'm not onboard with any of it, not at all.

But … like it or not, I'm a woman … and we're both in this bond … and I never really questioned anything about him when I started having these sudden needs for him. I didn't care that he was a … he … that technically we both were, at the time. I didn't care that he wasn't Asian … a different race, which would have bothered many of my ancestors … as was evidenced by them supposedly opposing my Japanese father marrying my Caucasian mom. I didn't really care about anything … except that I wanted … no needed him. And all he cares about is that I am now a "hot woman."

I blink out the welling tears forming in my eyes and they run down the sides of my face and drip onto my mat. The whole … crap … had my balance poses off during the entire yoga session, and I'm sure I'll catch Hell from Madame Broussard, if I can't get my head straight and it causes me to mess up in ballet. I try and get Race out of my brain … my need for him … and the fact that he only even really started acknowledging me as his mate after I turned into a full woman with double-D breasts and the associated curves to "complement" them.

I take several deep cleansing breaths and finally start to relax … but my mind betrays me and goes back to him swooping down in his dragon form to save me in the woods. One thing about that whole scenario that is totally weird and doesn't even seem odd to me, at all, is the concept of him even being able to shift into a dragon in the first place. Getting past that, he is a frighteningly beautiful sight to behold in his winged, sapphire blue glory. I wasn't scared at all when he appeared … not like I would have been if one of the Chinese ones had showed up. I felt … safe, to be honest … and … very wet. He is my mate, and with him in that form our connection was somehow even deeper … and more intimate. It's like our red magic connected in a more … natural way. Or maybe it was just more … feral.

I sigh as Tanvi rings her chimes, signaling it's time to "wake up." I slowly get up, rolling "one vertebra at a time," and then slowly roll up my mat. When I tighten the strap around it, it sinks in that the session is over and I can only groan … knowing that I now have to go next door and suffer through an hour of Madame Broussard's special brand of torture.

 


 

I look at myself in the full wall of mirrors and still see a stranger. It's been a month since my full transformation and I look every bit the voluptuous ballerina in my black leotard, nude tights, and pink satin pointe shoes. I have more curves than the "classic" ballerina, but I certainly don't look overweight. And my shapely legs look like they go on for miles in this outfit. There is absolutely no visible sign that they were shriveled up, useless sticks that wouldn't support a sparrow, just a month ago.

I hold onto the barre and suppress a gasp. My legs are still burning from all the barre work I just completed. I think Madame Broussard made me do something like three hundred deep plies. Even after a month of these daily sessions, my legs don't seem like they're making much progress. I know they are, given that Madame Broussard signed off on me starting in pointe shoes this week, but tell them that, right now! She has me move on to floor work and I'm in the middle of a spin, en pointe and practicing my spotting, when I get bombarded by a message from my "mate." It completely distracts me, and I fall into a pitiful heap of arms and legs on the floor.

Princess. They've officially surpassed the ten thousand mark. I think I have some new information on how and why the numbers are increasing more rapidly. We need to talk.

I sigh as Madame Broussard gives me a withering look. I mouth that I'm sorry and pick myself up, irritated at my "mate."

I'm sorry, "Your Highness," but you're going to have to take a ticket. You've just gotten my ass handed to me by Madame Taskmaster. Over and out!

But ….

I cut him off. "I'm sorry, Madame Broussard. My 'mate' rudely interrupted my train of thought and broke my concentration. I'll do better."

She gives me an unexpected sympathetic look. "Ah. I sense that things are still not going well between you. Young love can be a fickle thing. Oh, to be young again."

"More like 'fated love.' I don't have a choice in the matter it seems, at least as far as the 'love' and 'mated' part goes. That doesn't mean I have to like him … or have to put up with his BS." I shake out my legs and arms. Everything considered, I'm kind of glad to get the break.

She nods. "Be that as it may, from what I understand from your sister, you are mated—'fated,' or not. Now, I don't truly know what that means, never having been in your shoes. But the two of you need to figure this out. What do you think Master Yoshi would have done if you had lost your concentration like that in his session? I know you think I'm tough, but ballet demands perfection and discipline. I've never done martial arts, but I assume it's much the same—only you wouldn't typically have to expect the unexpected in ballet. No?"

"So very true." I groan. "And we haven't even started the 'real' martial arts, yet. It's all been Taiichi. Actual 'combat' training starts next week. I can't wait to start doing 'wax on, wax off.'"

"We had better get back to it, then." She gives me small smile. "And Lexi. You are doing well for only having been doing this for a month."

I nearly fall to the floor again. Madame Broussard doesn't give praise easily. I give her an appreciative nod. "Thank you, Madame Broussard!"

"Don't let it go to your head, Lexi." She's suddenly serious again. "From the top!"

 


 

Welcome, Princess. I'm glad you've once again decided to grace us with your presence. It's not like the world isn't in danger of going to war and completely falling apart if we don't all do our part.

I literally bite my tongue hard enough to make it bleed. I feel a surge of white magic flow through my bond with Sis and the wound heals almost immediately. It's one of the continuing effects of our wide-open energy conduit. When I get hurt, I heal almost immediately through her white magic … and she, in turn, is energized by my red magic. Although, we're still not really sure what that means, other than it makes her wolf very large and glow hot pink.

You know as well as I do that I have to take my sessions seriously. Even if I were to ignore Otohime, Kamorkis, Sis, Ginger, and Momma, then you would be giving me shit about that. So, bite me, "Your Highness!"

He actually sighs. I know, Lexi. I'm just frustrated. Both about us and the dinosaurs. I'm still not sure what I did so wrong that it made you so mad at me … is it a crime to appreciate all of you? As for the dinosaurs, Grae'Bar has convinced the Empress that humans have screwed the planet up so badly that the dinosaurs should have another shot. She's not helping Grae'Bar, but she's also not directly hindering him.

He shakes his head and has a haunted look in those beautiful blue eyes of his. Basically, she is taking a hands-off approach … for now. So, Grae'Bar is free to experiment on the billion plus people available to him in China. Even at only a ten percent transformation rate and using a substantial number for … food … that is a whole lot of dinosaurs. And I have no doubt he will increase that efficiency.

I squeeze my forehead between my fingers and sigh. "Good morning, everyone. I'm sorry if I seem a little distracted. I'm not used to having the weight of the world on my shoulders." I look around at the small group in the War Room, including Sis, Ginger, and Momma. I feel another surge of healing energy push into me from Sis, but it seems to be just more "general" in nature and I feel better.

Momma looks at me with a concern etched on her face. I can tell she's communicating with the rest of the pack. "Hon, we're going to have a mental health healing session, tonight." She then looks at Race. "You are joining us, Your Highness." We both are shaking our heads, but she just lets out a fierce wolf growl as her eyes flash yellow and her canines lengthen. "I won't take 'no' for an answer. I'm pulling medical rank, which I have in this case. It's time you two work out your differences … and we will be up all night, if need be."

I can't say that I'm a huge fan of my family having these wolves … not that I've ever really witnessed what Race's dragon can do … other than look really impressive and swoop in to save the damsel in distress. I blush at the thought.

Sis smiles. "I agree with Josie." I still can't get used to her calling Momma that. But that's how it is now that she's a part of her pack and her beta. "As much as I love you, Sis … and as much as I respect you, Your Highness … you're both being complete jackasses and it needs to stop. You're bonded; you're mated; and you need to finalize both so we can all move on to … this." She gestures toward the monitors and the ever-increasing army of dinosaurs. "So, you need to get over yourselves!"

The awkward atmosphere in the room has suddenly become even more uncomfortable and the "non-family" individuals present are nervously shuffling their feet and giving the monitors around the room unnecessary scrutiny. "Fine! Whatever! Let's take the personal stuff … offline. To be continued tonight." I give Race a pointed look. They're right. We need to talk.

I wait for him to push back and am completely blown away when he looks me straight in the eye and simply nods. He pulls everyone back into the conversation. "So, I know none of you have any direct knowledge of Grae'Bar, and his evil ways, but throw out any ideas you have right now on how to start attacking this and let's start compiling them … no matter how obscure they may be."

I shake my head. I have no idea how we're going to win this, if the other side has a billion plus people in China alone, plus scores more in the other black nations. Another asteroid hitting the planet is not the solution, this time … I hope!

Never say "never," Princess. We don't want the Empress to even consider that as an option, so we need to find a better one. Race's thoughts growl in my mind … and his mental growl is a thousand times more frightening than Sis' physical one.

Duly noted, Your Highness. And, for once, I'm not being sarcastic when I say it. I feel the tattoo move around on my back and then peacefully settle down, like it was suddenly content and curled up to take a nap. I can only wonder at how strange my life has become! I shake my head at the thought of the upcoming discussion, tonight. I can't say I'm looking forward to it.

 


 

I let the steamy hot water run down my aching body and sigh as the heat soaks into my body. The more I work out and the better I get into shape, the quicker I recover … especially with the help of the energy that I get from Sis. It's like the better in shape I am, the more efficiently my muscles can use the energy for recovery. I'll have to talk to Sis and Ginger about that … after the discussion to come in an hour.

I let out a contented giggle. I already feel more at peace with myself, just knowing that a serious discussion will happen. Sure, I'm nervous, too … but knowing that there will be facilitation and hopefully soon a resolution … any resolution … helps me settle my nerves. Even my tattoo has settled. I checked on it before getting into the shower and it was exactly as it had felt … the huge dragon on my back is all curled up and looks like it's taking a peaceful nap. I'm once again hit by how strange my life has gotten and can only shake my head.

I massage my temples. At least the peace I had today, short-lived or not, helped me in all three of my sessions. I was like pliable rubber in yoga, a precision spring in ballet, and a well-rooted oak swaying in the wind in Taiichi. I can only hope it's not just the calm before the storm. Have I simply hit the eye of the hurricane and now just have to battle my way out the other side?

I reluctantly turn off the water and gently wring out my well-conditioned hair. I pat myself dry with a soft towel, then don my short, pink silk robe. It's Japanese-made and a housewarming gift from Sis and Ginger after they moved further out into the "wilds" of Virginia, with Momma in tow. I now live alone in the small house in Alexandria that Momma left to me.

I sit down at my vanity and put on my makeup without thinking. Ginger made me practice it so much that I can do a perfect job mostly from pure rote muscle memory. I barely even have to look while I'm doing it. The same thing with my hair. When I'm done, I check to make sure I didn't mess anything up … I don't want that to be an issue tonight, as well. Satisfied, that I won't be forced to strip off all of my makeup and redo it before the "intervention," I go to my closet and slip into comfortable lingerie and a short silk sundress. I sigh at the thought of considering any women's lingerie comfortable, but even the thong's string settling in between my butt cheeks as I wiggle to pull up my panties is becoming my new normal.

I pad barefoot into the kitchen, happy to not have to wear heels, and pull out the paper plates, napkins, and pint glasses. "The pack," as I've come to call my collective family is supplying the pizza. Race is bringing the beer.

I jump at a loud thump on the roof, that actually shakes the house a little.

I'm here, Princess. I'll be right down.

Race? Was that you on the roof?

Of course. Where else would I land?

I suddenly giggle as I envision him landing on the roof … a huge sapphire blue dragon with his Secret Service detail riding on his back. I forget to block the vision.

Very funny, Princess. He growls good-naturedly in my mind. Do you really think I need Secret Service protection? It would be more me protecting them than the other way around.

The doorbell rings and I open the door. I catch my breath as his unique musky-smokey scent is blown in with the howling wind and surrounds me. I beckon him in and quickly close the door behind him.

He hands me two large cartons of Yuengling beer. "You should probably put these in the fridge. Keeping things cold is not what Dragons do best."

I show him the way to the kitchen with a giggle. I can't believe how … relaxed I am around him, right now. And how much I want him. I've really been pretty stupid about the whole thing. I can't blame him for wanting a woman as his mate … and not a guy. And now that I've settled more into being a woman, I can't deny that I want him, right now. Badly! He looks really … hot.

He looks at me with equal lust in his eyes and the next thing I know we are passionately kissing … and our bond flares as it palpably strengthens between us. I put my arms around his neck and pull my legs up to wrap them around his waist. I hook my feet behind him and squeeze, not caring that my wetness is bleeding through and getting his shirt damp. We're seriously kissing when the doorbell rings again.

Go away, Sis! We don't need ….

If you think you're going to get out of talking through this, then you're wrong, Sis!

I hear a key in the door, and it blows wide open with a slam. I sigh as the hot wind blows through the house and flips the back of my dress up, flashing my butt cheeks and the red lacy band of my panties.

Sis storms into the kitchen with the wind and stops short when she sees us embracing and completely lip locked. "Oh … ummm … well … errrr…."

Her voice trails off and Ginger giggles. "We brought pizza, Hon. But it looks like the two of you already started the appetizers without us!"

"Okay." Momma laughs. "I see you two seem to have kissed and made up. Literally. I still want to do a quick mental health scan … for the records, since I officially invoked medical privilege. Then we can have some quick pizza and a beer … and leave you two, to it …."

Determined to not let them rush a good thing, I slowly finish licking out the inside of Race's mouth and playing with his tongue. Like his scent, he has a smoky taste … like that good Scotch that Momma recently introduced me to. I reluctantly break our kiss and unlock my feet from behind him while still hanging on to his neck.

I feel his large, hard manhood press on my stomach as he slowly slides me down to the floor with a sigh that lets a little smoke escape his nose and lips. "Ladies." He tips his head in greeting.

I'm still facing him and looking up into his deep blue eyes … I suddenly realize that they're the exact same color as his dragon. I feel my tattoo stir and slither around on my back.

Sis gasps. "Sis! What's that on your back? It's … moving!" Are you okay, Hon? That's totally freaky!

I sigh and smile up at Race. "I think I could use one of those beers now, Love." I turn to the pack and shrug. "Well, like I said, Sis. I think we've largely worked out our … tensions … or at least we were well on our way." The unspoken implication of them interrupting us is clear. "And the large … thing … on my back is a 'gift' from Otohime. I really have no idea what it signifies … other than it's a dragon."

I hear the hiss of an opening bottle and Race hands me an open beer. I grab a glass from the counter and slowly pour it.

He opens more beers and passes them around. "Her Highness has had it since the night that Josie accepted her wolf and Otohime visited her. The Princess has not said anything, so I have not talked about it, either. But … it's the Mark of the Empress. Princess Alexa is next in line to be the Empress of Dragons … and Queen of all Light Magical Beings on Earth."

 


 

EPILOGUE

Otohime appears before Var'Leth, the Dragon Empress, with her signature bright red flash on a planet several galaxies away from Earth.

Var'Leth bows deeply to her Goddess and Dragon Mother and sighs. "Do you have news, Mother? I'm not comfortable letting Grae'Bar have free reign to spread his malignant magic and once more wreaking havoc on that poor planet. I don't want to have to send another asteroid to clean up his mess, like my ancestor did."

Otohime smiles. "Patience, child. I know you are tired and ready for your well-deserved peace. But your successor must yet go through her challenges and progressions, the same as you had to—and all empresses before you. Humans have nearly destroyed the planet of their own accord, so Grae'Bar can't really do much more harm than they have inflicted on themselves. It is Alexa and Race's destiny to solve this problem if they are to be the promise of the Dragons' future that we all hope them to be."

Var'Leth shakes her head. It's not the answer she had hoped for.

Otohime prepares to return to Earth and set the next stage of the trials. "It has taken a million years for everything in the universe to perfectly align and create the conditions that will allow the Dragons' energy to be rejuvenated. Yet, it is up to a band of unruly humans to strike the spark and ignite the flame. If they succeed, balanced magic will flourish once again. If they don't, it will be another million years before there is another chance. I'm afraid the darkness will have won by then … and the reign of the Light Dragons will be doomed."

Var'Leth hangs her head as Otohime disappears in another flash of brilliant red light. She is so very old and tired. Fighting to keep the light magic alive has drained her. It took almost everything she had left in her to ignite the faint spark to let it once again surface on Earth. It will be up to this princess child and her mate to fan that flame enough to reignite the bright white fire throughout the universe.

To be continued in DRAGON'S FANG ….

up
225 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Excellent Writing

BarbieLee's picture

Hugs Shauna

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Thanks, Barb!

HUGS!
Shauna

Are dragons always that stubborn?

I'm glad to see that those two boneheads are finally getting it together.

Certainly seems to be a trait ...

Of course, that's based on a small sample size. ;)

Thanks for the support!

HUGS!
S

You forget

they are HUMANS, hence the stupidity,

Gumby - I'm flexible

"Imagination is more important, than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

“The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds
new discoveries, is not ‘Eureka!’, but ‘that’s funny…’” - Isaac Asimov

So very true!

HUGS!
S

ok..

Can do with further reading on the return of light magic to earth .. And this ongoing love affair with a dragon

alissa

Dragon's Fang!

Currently on Patreon and will come to BC after the story progresses a little further there.

HUGS!
S

I should have known

This was book 1. Good story though. Loving it .

Book 2 underway! LOL

All for the sake of BC and DopplerPress!

HUGS!
S

I'm still waiting

For the story where the newly minted heroine stands up to the "good guy" that has declared her to be his wife, mate, property, what have you and says, 'Not just no, H**l No!' and makes it stick. Instead, they all seem to just rollover and expose their bellies and wait to be scratched.

Not this story, obviously. But someday, somebody, I hope . . . .


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I'm a conflict avoider ...

... at heart. No way I could write that story! :)

Sorry to disappoint!!

HUGS!
S

Nah, Not You

Didn't mean you should write it, and I certainly wouldn't expect you to change this story. But towards the end of this I thought she might fight the bridle and saddle, which brought my wishes to the foreground. So I was expressing my wishes, not making a complaint.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Property

At no time did he consider her to be property.

She was going to jump into the relationship with both feet, but he was reluctant. His excuse was that he had to concentrate on the war.

They both could have remained idiots, and continue to suffer. They would also have continued to be less effective, making the whole world suffer.

Very true!

It is not and never was about ownership. More about the struggles of the things life throws at you (being paralyzed, changed into a girl, and falling in love at first sight) and how to deal with it. Not that I'm trying to write anything profound. Just having fun with a different sort of story. :)

HUGS!
S

Oh?

I was thinking specificly about how weres take mate's. Not so much in this story, there are other stories where it's much more obvious.

I don't believe the non were has that mate bonding instinct in them, I feel it is induced by the were, perhaps unconsciously. But once it happens the new mate is bound to follow and obey the were.

And that's all I'm gonna say about this. I've spent more time explaining an offhand comment than it's worth.

-30-


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I hear you.

It's a specialty genre that's fun to write in -- and I enjoy reading it. Doesn't mean I agree with it! ;)

HUGS!
S

Next book

Samantha Heart's picture

Soooo looking foward to it! As for Lexi & everything.... thats going on i winder when she will accept her dragon form. A GREAT BOOK I must say. Love reading your stories.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Coming to BC soon!

It's on Patreon now -- I've not finished writing yet, but it's coming along!

HUGS!
S

So Well Done

And radically different - in tone and in story – from ‘Amadeus Irina’!

Such a good story. You

Such a good story. You certainly managed to hit all the right buttons. And this is just book one. I can already envision some of the remaining buttons you will hit in volume two! Fun read.

Available on Kindle Unlimited …

If you have it and would like to leave a comment there, it would greatly be appreciated! It’s mostly the same, since Jill Rasch already proof-read and edited it before I posted here. Any and all proceeds go to BC!

HUGS!
S