Stuck in a Rut - Part 39

Printer-friendly version

Stuck in a Rut.
By Rosalie Redd

Casey Church is a normal 13 year old girl, But in a world where there hasn’t been a girl born in over 100 years, Casey adjusts to her new life as a girl. Can Casey cope with everything that comes with being a girl, or will others conspire to ruin her life?

Chapter 39
Casey

It was time for people to start gathering for the bonfire. I headed off to the site, a grass-less patch of dirt in a field near the soccer area. I was looking around for Janie, when someone beside me spoke and made me jump.

“You here along gorgeous?”, they said. I spun around and glared at them.

“How do you do that?”, I asked.

Luna giggled and gave me a hug. “Never underestimate the goth ninjas.”, she exclaimed.

I looked over at her. “No, really...”

She shrugged. “One of the perks of being small and unobtrusive.”

“But you are only 2 inches shorter than I am now.”, I questioned.

“Ah, but you still think you are as tall as you used to be. You were what? 5’7”, or so?”, she asked.

“Yeah, about that.”, I said.

“Yeah, but I’ve always been small. So I have had practice in being the small, quiet one that nobody notices. How do you think I get away with dressing like this, and not have people focus on me? I’m an expert at not commanding attention, I’m not a threat, I’m not dynamic. I’m just little and unimportant to others.”, she said.

I looked at her. She was standing there in petticoats and had on a cinched corset dress and puffy sleeves, long gloves, Mary Jane shoes, and her signature goth headband, in addition to the parasol she was carrying. It was true that she should be standing out, but yet she really didn’t.

“Oh Sensei, teach me your ways”, I said with a smirk.

“It would take you a thousand years, you can not be my student”, she said in a mock wise-man voice.

We both laughed and looked around for Janie. Eventually seeing her, we headed over towards her.

“Hey Sweetie, when did you get here? I didn’t think you would be coming”, she directed to Luna.

“I heard that the sportsball was over, so I came down to be with you for the fire… I like fire”, she said in a well-practiced darkly cute voice.

We all laughed and got our spots towards the outside of the crowd. Janie had the blanket from earlier, and spread it out. It was larger than I had initially thought, and the three of us sat down and waited.

I pulled out my phone and sent a text.

A few minutes later, my phone buzzed, ad I looked at it. “DeShaun says he’ll be here in about 10 minutes or so. He just finished washing up, and is getting changed.”, I informed Janie and Luna.

Sure enough, after a few minutes, I saw DeShaun walking over, he was wearing a Hoodie with the school logo on it, and a pair of black sweatpants and dark sneakers. I waved him over, and motioned for him to sit between Janie and I. He did so, and both of use leaned in against him, while Luna maneuvered herself over and put her head in Janie’s lap.

It was early yet, as the sun hadn’t set. I saw Mom walking around, checking on various students, and talking to people. I noticed that the Wilder sisters were on their own blanket, looking around, occasionally glancing at us and scowling. They knew better than to try anything at the bonfire though, as there were teachers roaming around.

DeShaun looked at Janie, as she cuddled against him, and then Luna in her lap, then back to me cuddled against him on the other side. “Far be it for me to complain, but I’m confused. What exactly are we all doing, and what is going on? It seems that you girls have some sort of thing worked out, can I be let in on it?”, he pleaded.

I looked at DeShaun, and snickered. “It’s really quite simple.”, I explained. “You are my boyfriend, and Janie is my best friend and Luna is… well, Luna is sort of my pet.”

Janie interrupted. “OUR pet.”

“Yes, our pet. Sorry. Anyhow, we all love each other, and are attracted to each other. That might be difficult to understand, but between us three, it somehow works.”, I stated.

Janie looked up from her petting Luna’s hair. “At first, I was jealous of your relationship with Casey. To me, it wasn’t fair that you got to have someone so wonderful to be yours, and I got a bullying rapist. But I got to know you, and became your friend. Sure, I was disappointed by the thing with Marcia, but I know that she played you. After a while, I realized I’m attracted to you as well.”, She said with a very noticeable blush spreading on her cheeks.

I smiled and nodded to Janie. She took notice, and leaned in and gave the very shocked DeShaun a very intense kiss. I looked over, and looked him in the eye. “I love you, and I trust you. If you ever want to be intimate with Janie, you officially have my blessing. I know we’ve tip-toed around it, joked about it, and said it to embarrass you… but I mean it. Although, I do have one request. Before anything happens between you two, I want to be with you first. I’m nearly ready, physically… and I’m MORE than ready mentally.”, I confessed.

Luna looked up from Janie’s lap and giggled. “Wow, kinky.”, she said laughing.

I looked over at her. “Don’t laugh, pet. I’d extend the same to you, if I thought you were interested.”

Luna blushed and mumbled something. She sat up, and leaned back against Janie, her pale cheeks quite red.

I looked over at Luna. “Oh, don’t tell me...”, I sighed.

She blushed and hid her face.

“Okay, okay. Ground rules. DeShaun, if you have sex with anyone but Janie, Luna, or I… I will skin you alive, and nail your balls to the wall as a trophy. That being said, DeShaun, you knock either of them up, same outcome.”, I stated, exasperated.

DeShaun, for his part swallowed hard and looked around at all three of us.

Luna still had her face hidden, as she had turned and buried it in Janie’s chest. For her part, Janie was smirking and looking at both DeShaun and I in a predatory manner.

The Sun went down, and the Fire Department lit the bonfire. Principal Lewis came up and stood in front, as the flames started. “Congratulations to our boys for their dramatic win! First of all, I have heard from his parents, Brad Cousey is okay, he suffered a severe ankle sprain, but nothing is broken.”, the principal announced.

There were cheers and shouts, notably from a cluster of seniors towards the back.

The Principal cleared his throat and continued. “Secondly, I’d like to give a big round of applause to DeShaun McAllister, for his heroics, not only as a receiver, but also playing in the secondary7 and filling in at Quarterback when Brad was injured.”

Janie, Luna, and I all stood up and cheered, joining most of the students present. DeShaun stood up and took a bow.

Principal Lewis clapped along, and then introduced the student council president. She was a senior, tall and lanky, with braces and long blonde hair. She cleared her throat and began. “Thank you Principal Lewis! I’ll try to keep it brief. As you know, this week we had a ballot put out during home room for the Homecoming Court. I have the results here. Can I get a drum roll please?”

DeShaun, Luna, Janie and I all looked at each other questioningly, apparently none of us had heard anything about a vote of any kind. Before we could ask the question though, the president continued. “The senior class Homecoming King and Queen are James Lowell and Marcie Hilldebrandt. Marcia and James, if you are here...please stand up!”

I looked around and saw a rather tall, muscular boy and a beautiful brown haired girl that were together stand up.

“Next, we have the Junior Prince and Princess Paul Diamondt and Julie Ling! Paul and Julie are you here?”, the girl asked, to which a stocky rugged boy and thin girl stood up and waved.

The Council President continued. “The Sophomore Prince and Princess are Michael Wattinger and Darcy Sloane! Are you out there? Michael and Darcy?”, she asked. A petite blonde girl and a large hulking boy stood up and waved.

“Finally, we have the Freshman Prince and Princess, and in a school first, the first ever unanimous choices! Please stand up DeShaun McAllister and Amy Wilder!”, the President called out.

Stunned DeShaun stood up, and I looked around, and saw Amy also standing. I caught a brief glare from her, and a smirk.

The Council President droned on after that, about a parade tomorrow before the dance, but by that time, Janie Luna, and I were no longer listening.

“How the hell did they pull that off?” I asked, enraged.

Janie scratched her head. “I have no idea, but I sure as hell want to know too.”

Luna was looking around. “I never heard anything about a vote in my home room, and obviously none of you did either.”

By that point, things were pretty depressing, and so I waved Mom over. “Mom, we are going back to the house, none of us are really in the mood for celebrating anymore.”, I said.

“I understand sweetie. I am curious about the vote though. I would have thought that you would have been nominated.”, she said, perplexed.

We explained the situation to her, about how none of us had even known there was a vote going on, and that nobody had said a thing to any of us about it.

Mom kissed my forehead, and promised to talk to the Principal.

We all got up and after folding up the blanket, we prepared to leave.

As we started off though, Amy Wilder approached, her sister shadowing her. “DeShaun! DeShaun! isn’t it exciting? You and I were chosen together!” She said, seemingly ignoring my presence.

“I don’t know how you did it, but savor your victory now.”, Janie warned her. “You won’t get the better of us again.”

“Oh, but I already have!”, Amy sneered. “I get to ride in the convertible beside DeShaun, I get to dance with DeShaun.”

I stepped forward, but DeShaun blocked me. “Casey, don’t. We don’t need the trouble, and she’s not worth it.”

We all walked back to my house, and as soon as we were in, I broke out in tears. It wasn’t fair. It just wasn’t. All these girls that hated me. I didn’t ask for this. I was led to the couch, and I flopped down. Janie and DeShaun sat on either side of me, gently holding me.
Luna took off my shoes and rubbed my feet, as I gave in and started to sob uncontrollably. Dad came in and Luna went over to talk to him. She was probably explaining what happened. He headed to his office. Leaving us alone. I felt Luna resume her foot rub, and I melted like butter.

I sat there, broken, as my loves all took care of me. Each one kissing my cheek, and consoling me. After a while, DeShaun carried me upstairs. My girls followed me up. Eventually Mom came home, and came to check on me. Janie and Luna let go of me, and Mom walked me to the bathroom. She hugged me, and helped me get into my pajamas, though I barely recall her doing so. When that was done, She carried me back to my room and laid me back on the bed, where Janie and Luna wrapped me up in hugs.

~o~O~o~

Comments, Questions, ideas? Let me know.

up
125 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I have no idea...

how those hate filled psychopaths in training pulled it off, though you did give hints that something was up. Still I am hoping that they get turned on their ear over their cheating and other crappola. this is a VERY interesting story. ^_^ T.

I am a Proud mostly Native American woman. I am bi-polar. I am married, and mother to three boys. I hope we can be friends.

So,

We have teacher in on the conniving too?

They did it somehow.

Whether there were faculty involved or not, they did it.

4 freshmen blindsided

My5InchFMHeels's picture

It sounds to me as if more than one teacher is to blame if 4 of the freshmen were lacking the knowledge of the vote.

I have not missed a chapter

I have not missed a chapter yet; but it took me 39 chapters to realize something. All the ultrasound business, and the cottage industry of sex reveal parties have shut down, not to mention no more pretty girl close for babies, because every baby is a boy.

Huh?

Ultrasounds have other uses than just gender Identification.

They are a way to tell if a fetus is developing normally, and there are uses for other reasons. In the story Casey has had several ultrasounds to check on development of her internal sex organs.