The Price To Pay - Vol. 2.02 - Appearances

Printer-friendly version
price_to_pay.jpg
          

"That's nice, dear," said my Mother," I'm glad you've met one of your friends"

"Mum, he thinks I'm a boy! I need to change in case he comes here with Taran," I said urgently.

"You don't need to change, Celyn," my Mum responded, a little dreamily," that bikini looks lovely on you"

"Mum," I said slowly and deliberately," Ceri still thinks I'm a boy and BOYS DON'T WEAR BIKINIS"

The Price To Pay - Vol. 2.02 - Appearances

by Alys


Vol. 2.02
 

"Hey Taran!" yelled Ceri, as my school friend rapidly approached my sister and myself.

I stood still, unsure what to do, how could I explain my bikini and boobs to someone who still thought I was a boy?'

"Quick Celyn," said Taran, "go back to the caravan and change, I'll pretend you're someone I met in the queue. Now go!"

I walked quickly away in the opposite direction to the approach of my school friend, before circling back towards where my parents were, to fetch the key to our accommodation. If I had felt exposed walking with my sister, minutes earlier, the experience of moving along the busy beach, very scantily dressed was much worse. Every time I looked up I seemed to be under male review from every direction. I determined to avoid eye contact and look ahead.

Too late I noticed a group of boys, a little older than me, camped across the route I was taking. They had obviously been working through two 24-packs of lager throughout the afternoon and early evening, from the piles of empty cans littering the sand.

"Hey, darling, wanna drink?" asked the most overweight of the group, in a slurred voice, his rapidly reddening skin the evidence of his lack of concern of the dangers of skin cancer, " come here, we're having fun"

I shook my head and moved away to avoid any more interaction. I felt a strong hand grab my foot. I tried to pull myself loose, but the grip was too strong for me to move my leg away.

"Hey, not so fast," said one of my erstwhile friend's inebriated companions, " Brian only asked you if you wanted a drink, no need to be the ice cold bitch"

"Come on love, give us a hug," said the drunken Brian, as he reached for my hand to pull me down towards him.

One of the other lads, who wasn't comatose, whistled and commented, " nice tits"

I was paralysed with fear and unsure what to do. I had never had to relate, as a girl, to strange boys before. At that moment I felt very vulnerable and cursed my Mother for making me wear the bikini.

The touch of Brian's fingers on my hand snapped me out of my inaction. I used my spare foot to firstly stamp down on the hand holding me and then to kick some sand into the face of my assailant. His natural reaction to rub the irritant out of his eyes released me and, before he could regain his hold, I was running as fast as I could away from the drunken youths.

In their stupor I was twenty yards away before the youths realised what had happened. I heard them shouting after me as I put more distance between us

Ignoring the mad bouncing of my chest I ran the rest of the way back to the safety of my family location on the beach. My Mother was sitting reading a magazine while my Father was obviously having an evening swim from the evidence of the tidy pile of clothes on his beach chair.

"Quick Mum," I said, breathlessly, as I arrived, " I need the key to the caravan to change"

"What's up, Celyn?" asked my Mother, after raising her eyes from her magazine, "why were you running, Celyn, was someone chasing you?"

"Taran and I saw Ceri from school, I had to run to get away, I need the key Mum!" I said, looking quickly around in case my sister and my school friend were coming in our direction.

"That's nice, dear," said my Mother," I'm glad you've met one of your friends"

"Mum, he thinks I'm a boy! I need to change in case he comes here with Taran," I said urgently.

"You don't need to change, Celyn," my Mum responded, a little dreamily," that bikini looks lovely on you"

"Mum," I said slowly and deliberately," Ceri still thinks I'm a boy and BOYS DON'T WEAR BIKINIS"

"No need to get upset now, Celyn," replied my Mother.

"Mum, if you don't give me the key now.....," I said loudly, pausing to think of a consequence that would bother her, " ...I'm going to take this bikini off and run around naked!"

"OK, OK, if you must make a mountain out of a molehill, here's the key," she responded, taking it out of her handbag and handing it to me.

I slipped my dress back on and after grabbing the key ran off to change.

Half an hour later I walked back to where my Mum, Dad, Taran and Ceri were sitting, feeling much more relaxed in my boyish clothes, with my hair tied back and hidden by a baseball cap.

"Ah, Celyn, you're back," said my Dad, " look who Taran bumped into on the beach"

"Hi Ceri," I said, walking over to sit with Ceri and my sister, " I didn't know you were coming down to Dinbych-Y-Pysgod * for the weekend"

"Hey Celyn, it was a last minute decision by Mum and Dad, how's your back?" Ceri asked.

"My back?" I responded, not knowing what he was referring to.

Ceri gave me me a strange look," Yes, I thought....."

"It's OK, Celyn," interrupted my sister, winking at me, " I told Ceri about you burning yourself in the sun this afternoon and having to get changed"

"Oh yes, I'd forgotten, the after sun lotion has worked wonders, I'd almost forgotten, thanks for asking, Ceri," I said, trying to recover from my error.

By this time we were all feeling hungry so, after packing our beach things away, we decided to walk into the town to find something to eat. My parents decided on a pub meal but Taran and myself said that we'd prefer fish and chips so they went into Tafarn Y Pysgotwr ** while we relieved them of some ten pound notes and walked towards the nearest takeaway.

Taran strode into the shop while Ceri and I were a little behind as he entertained me with stories of incidents in school since I had been away.

"You should have seen Branwen's face when Franklinstein poured the maggots out of the jar," said Ceri, smiling with the memory," I thought she was going to puke there and then on the class table, she went every shade of green"

"Poor Branwen...." I started to respond. Suddenly I was pushed to one side by someone coming out of the off-licence carrying a multi-pack of lager.

"Out of my way," snarled a drunken, familiar voice. My baseball cap fell off, letting my shoulder length hair fall down.

"Hey watch where you're going," I said looking up to see who had bumped into me.

It was the boy who had grabbed my foot on the beach!

"Why should I?" he said belligerently, staring aggressively into my face.

"Hey Frankie, she's not worth the hassle," shouted another familiar voice.

I looked in the direction of the other person to see Brian sitting on a wall on the edge of the beach, some twenty metres away.

"She? Had they recognised me?," I pondered.

I watched as Frankie walked over to his mate. They stood there for a little while, in animated conversation, staring at me the same time.

"You OK?" asked Ceri.

"Yes thanks, I don't know how idiots like that get away with buying booze here, they are obviously underage," I responded," come on Ceri, it looks like Taran has got our fish and chips, I'm starving"

A few minutes we were sitting on the same sea wall that was now lacking in unpleasant drunken chavs***

"Nice chips," I remarked as I tucked into my meal.

"Nothing like fish and chips at the seaside, " responded Taran.

"You know there was one thing that was odd about those chavs," remarked Ceri, who had been unusually quiet for a few minutes.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Didn't you notice?" he asked.

"Notice what?" I inquired, although I had a good idea what had caught Ceri's attention.

"I'm surprised you didn't say anything," Ceri continued.

"What are you surprised about, Ceri?" I asked, trying to sound a little exasperated at his obtuseness, even though I knew where the conversation was going.

"Put us out of our misery, Ceri," said Taran," we don't know what you're talking about"

"It was pretty clear, Celyn, the one by the wall referred to you as a girl!" Ceri responded.

"I didn't notice, Ceri, I was just feeling angry about the bastard who almost pushed me over, I didn't pay attention to his mate," I lied.

"Must be Celyn's hair, sometimes it looks a little girly," interjected Taran, mischievously.

"No, it doesn't Taran, " I responded, trying to sound aggrieved even while my mind was beginning to spin with the complications of my situation. I was a girl who used to be a boy who was dressing as a boy and denying that I could possibly look like a girl!

We finished our meal in silence. Taran decided that she would go back to with my parents, who had just come out of the pub, while I decided to explore the town with Ceri.

An hour later I said goodnight to Ceri, at his caravan, and started on my way back to the site where I was staying. It felt the the cool evening air on my face as I walked briskly through the narrow streets of the resort. It was nearly eleven in the evening as I hurried back to our caravan.

I turned a corner into a side street, on the edge of the caravan site, when I stopped still. A few metres in front of me were the five boys that I bumped into earlier. I stood and stared at them, standing by the sea wall again, passing cans of lager around.

I stepped back into the shadow, but too late, I had been seen.

"Hey look who it isn't," said Brain," it's the girlie"

"and all alone too," said Frankie.

I turned and ran.

I heard the sound of pursuit.

"Let's get her!", shouted another of the gang.

I ran for my life, away from the main tourist streets. After ten minutes of dodging down side streets and alleys I stopped to look around for any signs of pursuit. I breathed a sigh of relief since I seemed to have lost the pursuit.

My respite was brief as I realised that the group of youths had spread out and had surrounded me on all sides. I moved into a dark, narrow lane, but it was a dead end, there was no way out.

I turned to look at the pursuit which had stopped about twenty metres away.

I backed up against the wall of a terraced house

"No way to go now, bitch," Brian," I think we're going to have some fun with you now"

I was trapped.

* Tenby

** The Fisherman's Inn
*** Chavs = louts


To Be Continued...

 
End of Vol. 2.02

up
125 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Another Goodie, Alys

Oh, Sh–1T. Poor Celyn, what's she going to do now. Drunken yobbos are always difficult to deal with, but if one is an attractive teenage girl the difficulty must be mountainous. She needs a knight in shining armour to come to the rescue.

I'm so glad that you are able to continue this excellent saga.

Cofleidiau,

Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Edited Comment

Thanks for the comment Gabi.

Did you edit it, I seemed to remember a suggestion of a sexegenarian granny on a motobike coming to the rescue, loved that idea, it instantly conjured up delighful images. :-)

Cofleidiau

Alys

Yes, I did edit it…

…Alys, in case someone thought I was touting for business with Aunt Greta, because she pulled that stunt last week to rescue her niece from a "plonker attack".

Cofleidiau

Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Yikes!

laika's picture

A cliff hanger the size of the Continental Shelf!
(You do have one over there, don't you? They're all the rage...")
This does seem like a job for the Grandmas & Aunties Motorized Plonker Patrol.
I rilly hope chapter 2.3 is up soon....
~~hugs, Laika

First Class

As usual, Alys.

Get out of that one Celyn. All we need now is Dr Who and the Tardis to the rescue or a bunch of Hell's Angels looking for some idiots to bash.

Sorry, fertile imagination running riot again.

Susie

Great Chapter Alys

Seeing Celyn again is a treat and how she is dealing with the situations. Poor girl keeps running into the same louts!!
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

She's Tied To The Rails

joannebarbarella's picture

With the express train's whistle sounding ever and ever closer. She's hanging by her fingertips from the sapling as she dangles over the abyss and the roots are pulling out of the crumbling soil. She's trying to steer the car down the steep country lane and the brakes have failed. But, lo and behold, here comes a hero on horseback to pluck her from the veritable jaws of death and she swoons into his arms with her face upturned to receive his passionate kiss. Naah, not our Celyn. She's made of sterner stuff than that, and KISSING a man? Gross (this year at least). Love ya, Alys. Where are you hiding the four-inch thick door that she's going to hit them over the heads with? Oops, sorry. Wrong story,
Hugs,
Joanne

As the train bears down on our plucky heroine .,.

her cries for help are responded to by her ever vigilant mother as, "That’s very nice, have fun dear."

Celyn's mom has raised being a *blonde* to new heights in this episode, only to top them with the near disastrous European vacation of volume 3. What planet was mom born on?

Great fun as usual, Alys.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Now wait a minute!

I don't remember mom being a blonde; in spite of the picture accompanying the story Celyn is described as having chestnut brown hair in the first story (3.01). So don't go blaming mom's behavior on being a blonde!

Mom is even more a twit in this story than she was in the first one, is her "dreamy" state the result of overconsumption of 'ludes or the like? She reminds me of the way the average sitcom always portrayed the sterotypical father as being an idiot.

Sheesh!

Karen J.

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I can just hear the...

... sound of Dudley Dooright's horse comming to the rescue. Wait - He was a Mounty. Ooops. Maybe he's a mounty, with his mount, on vacation in Wales? Yeah, that'd be the ticket. Dudley comes riding along, falls off his horse, the horse quickly unties Celyn and then they get away. Subsequently, Dudley accidentally causes the troop of thugs to be brought to justice and wins an award for heroism.

Filling in the blanks...

Let's see you started off with Book 3, then to Book 4, went to back to Book 1 for the foundation. Now we are in Chapter 2.

Hello Alys!!! ^___^ ;-D

Thanks for another wonderful chapter in the life of Celyn. I love this jumping around a bit. We know the before and after, now we get to read how she gets there. As always, we think mum knows best. But even the best plans laid can get off the mark. Is there going to be a Book 5? I was just wondering how far you will be going with Celyn's story. Chapter 4 did have an appropriate ending of sorts. But....

Either way, I will wait patiently for the next chapter and enjoy the tale you are weaving here.

Rachel

Crystal Ball

Celyn is smarter and faster than any of the five chavs, even when they're sober. And they're anything but sober at the moment. She might be surrounded, but the chavs needed to split up to do that. That means all she has to do is beat one of them to escape the trap. Is it bad of me to wish that she does the selected chav a prodigious amount of violence in the process?

It's a wonderful cliffhanger, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter. At the same time, though, we've all read the next book, and considering how she reacts to an attempted rape in THAT one, one has to conclude that nothing really horrible happens to her in this one. So the only items of suspense need revolve around how long the chav(s) in question have to spend in A&E* and whether Celyn is called upon to help the police with any enquiries**.

Sign me,

Anxiously awaiting the answers!

* -- "Accident and Emergency" -- That's an "ER," or Emergency Room in the U.S.
** -- "Helping Police With Enquiries" -- being held for questioning about a crime.

Oops.

I was going to start out saying "A bit of a sticky wicket there" or some such. Then, I recalled that the phrase could well be just an american stereotype of a comment we'd expect to hear from someone from that side of the pond. (I can just hear Col. Critenden - Hogan's Heros fame - saying something like that.)

In any event, this chapter seems to be a lot about the old frying pan - fire delima... Celyn, ran from Ceri (a friend) and ran into the beginnings of what could be a BIG problem. *sighs*

And, what was it with her mom? She sounded a bit "spaced".

That's quite a "cliff" you left her at you know. I HOPE she's able to get out of it in some way thta's not visible to me right now, like Marion did with respect to Henry Jones, Jr. in the recent movie. Though, even there, Marion's solution, was only temporarily "successful".

Thanks for continuing with these interesting series of unusual events.

Annette

Eek!

Well, if she's backed up against the wall of a house, let's hope the door or a window is nearby so she can get the attention of the owners and possibly take temporary refuge inside the house...

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!