The Price to Pay - Vol. 3.05 - Outed?

Printer-friendly version

The Oaf stood partly blocking the way into the villa. As I pushed past him he pressed his body into mine, casually squeezing my bum. He lowered his head towards me and I smelt the beer on his breath.

"I know your secret girly-boy", he whispered into my ear as his fetid breath washed over my face. I walked a metre away, turned around, looked at him and assumed an angry posture.

"What are you talking about?", I demanded

                    The Price to Pay - Vol. 3.5 - Outed?

                    by Alys

"Fasten your seatbelts", flashed on the notice above the door in the corridor on the Air Tours 767 as we began the descent down to Paphos airport in Cyprus after our uneventful 3 hour flight. I looked across the rest of my fellow travellers, my Mum and Dad, the Oaf (as I christened Carwyn - my erstwhile holiday 'friend') and his parents, Mr and Mrs Thomas. It had been a huge shock when we had met up with our holiday companions. I had recognised Carwyn immediately as the defender who had hacked me for the whole 90 minutes of the game in which my team had won the league title, two years before, with my final minute free-kick.

I had done my best to suppress any sense of recognition when I had greeted him and he didn't seem to have noticed anything familiar about me. To be honest he was too busy trying to look down my dress to bother with my face. We had chatted casually for a short while before boarding the plane. Well mostly him telling me how wonderful he was at everything, especially sport. By the time it came to sit down in the plane, luckily I was on the opposite side of the seating to him, I had caught him out in so many obvious lies and distortions about match results and scorers that I had resolved to have as little to do with him as possible during the fortnight.

"Wow this is amazing", said my Dad, as we walked into the white walled villa an hour later after our airport transfer had dropped us off.

"What a view", said Mr Thomas. We all looked at him and then followed his line of sight down towards the harbour and Paphos bay packed with small ships with small flags and bunting flapping in the light breeze. The pale blue waters of the Mediterranean shimmered in the evening light. It was a breathtaking sight.

Half an hour later, after depositing our luggage in our respective rooms, we were sitting on the veranda drinking wine and soft drinks. I had made sure my room was as far away from the Oaf as possible, I noticed disapprovingly that his parents indulged him in a few glasses of wine, which he gulped like it was a soft drink.

After a pleasant evening meal I excused myself to walk over down to the harbour to take in the atmosphere of hustle and bustle but also the centuries old buildings and monuments. I noticed that the Oaf had got up soon after me so I quickened my pace away from the villa and took a few random side streets to get away from him. I was looking up at Paphos fort and not completely looking where I was going when I bumped into someone.

"Oh excuse me, I wasn't watching where I was going", I apologised to a pretty Asian girl about my height and age.

"It's ok", she replied in a London accent, "my fault too. This place is really amazing don't you think? Are you on holiday?"

"Yes I agree it is amazing and I am on holiday, what about you?"

She replied that she had arrived two days earlier for a fortnight, that she was with her Mum and Dad and her 10 year old twin brothers, that her name was Amarjit and that she lived in Southall. I gave her the same information about myself and we chatted and wandered about the shops and sights of the old town for a while. The sun settled towards the horizon and it began to get dark.

"I'd better get back to my folks they will be wondering where I am", said Amarjit.

"Me too", I said.

"Been nice to meet you Celyn", she added, "do you want to get together again on the holidays?"

"Sure that would be fun, what about tomorrow?", I asked

We arranged to meet the next morning near the beaches and exchanged mobile numbers.

I made it back to villa uneventfully and came across my parents still sitting at the veranda. I told them where I had been and about my new friend. My mother smiled.

"That should be fine, my dear, we had all arranged to go to the beach tomorrow, maybe you, Carwyn and your new friend can spend some time together", she said.

"Yes Mum that would be great", I answered diplomatically, knowing that I would do everything possible to avoid that.

The next morning I managed to slip away from the party, after they had found a nice place to camp on the beach, by suggesting that I had left something back in the villa. I met up with Amarjit and steered her towards a different part of the beach.

"That's a lovely dress you have on, Celyn", she commented, "I wish I could wear something like that", she continued wistfully.

"I prefer your shorts and T myself. Why can't you wear a skimpy summer dress like this?", I asked.

"My father feels that girls my age shouldn't expose their shoulders and boobs, we should keep those parts of our body private, except for our husbands and family", she replied.

"What do you think about it?", I asked.

"I think he is a bit old fashioned"

Suddenly I had an idea.

"Hey, you know, we could swap! I'm sure we're almost the same size", I said.

We looked around and found a public toilet. We both squeezed into a cubicle and proceeded to change clothes. It felt strange, but nice to be pressed up against another young girl. I couldn't help noticing how attractive she was, I felt my nipples begin to show a little arousal. I felt embarrassed and dressed as quickly as possible to get away from this strange situation.

We walked along the top of the beach. I was glad to be wearing the shorts. Although I appreciated the coolness of the dress in the hot weather in Cyprus and I understood my Mother's wish for me to get used to wearing them in public, something that I had not had a lot of opportunity to do at home, I still felt more comfortable being outside in a familiar item of clothing. Although the colour, pastel orange, was not one that I'd worn before.

A football came flying towards me

"Hey love can you chuck the ball back?", came a shout from one of about a dozen boys standing on a reduced size football pitch marked in the sand.

I trapped the ball in the air with my right foot, transferred it between my knees, head, shoulders and left foot before flicking it up with my left foot and hitting on the volley towards the goal, about 25 metres away. The goalie shaped to catch it but the curve I had put on the ball took it past him into the back of the net.

"Great shot, love.", said the boy who had asked for the ball back, "Want to join our game?"

"Sorry I can't now, maybe tomorrow", I called back, and continued walking on with Amarjit.

There was silence. I turned towards my new friend. She was staring at me with a strange expression on her face.

"What's wrong?", I asked a little concerned.

"Wow that was amazing. I've never seen a girl, well really never seen anyone do that trick before. Were did you learn that?"

"I play a bit of football", I replied, "it was luck really, half of the time I misjudge the distance or swerve"

At that moment we went past a little shop selling trinkets and came across a crowd of people congregating around a small area of sand where 2 pairs of guys were standing either side of a high net.

"Hey Beach volleyball", I said, "Let's take a look".

We watched the fast and furious game proceed. The crowd roared on their chosen team. Eventually the pair wearing the black bathing shorts was victorious over the pair in blue shorts.

"And it's a victory for John and Michael. Well done both teams for a well fought final", came the voice of the announcer. "Remember everyone tomorrow's tournament will start at the usual time of 10am. Only ten euros per team and competitions at youth and adult level. "

I looked at Amarjit.

"I would love to play beach volleyball. Have you ever played?", I asked.

"Yes a few times, but I don't have a bikini to wear", she replied a little sadly.

"I can help you out on that one. My Mother brought three months supply for me"

We agreed to meet the next day and after swapping clothes we parted. I made my way at a leisurely pace back to the villa.

The Oaf stood partly blocking the front door. As I pushed past him he pressed his body into mine, casually squeezing my bum. He lowered his head towards me and I smelt the beer on his breath.

"I know your secret girly-boy", he whispered into my ear as his fetid breath washed over my face. I walked a metre away, turned around, looked at him and assumed an angry posture.

"What are you talking about?", I demanded

"I saw you kick the ball on the beach. I have only ever seen one person a BOY, do that sort of trick before. I can see quite a likeness, so I don't know what sort of trick you're pulling. I like the goods on offer though", he replied with a bit of a drunken slur in his voice.

I dodged the hand trying to grope me and stepped towards him.

"For your information GIRLS play football too!", I said sarcastically, "and one other thing"

"What?", he asked vacantly

In the quiet and stillness of our villa the 'crack' of my hand hitting the Oaf's face was frighteningly loud.

"Don't ever molest me again!"

I walked away trying to look more confident and assured than I felt. How could my Mother's plan for me to be 'stealth' as a girl, as she had described it, succeed if I could be outed this easily. I turned the corner and ran into my parents’ room. My Mother had just finished changing.

"Oh Mum, he knows, he knows all about me. What am I going to do?"

up
133 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Still unsure about this

Angharad's picture

Celyn, is so reluctant to get girly, which indicates he probably wasn't too happy about losing his 'goolies', but if that happened, even if it meant a penectomy as well, why would they give him a vagina? Being a man or woman is more than just possessing one or t'other. So what did happen?

I like Paphos too, lovely spot, some of the best Roman mosaic floors anywhere, pity they never seem to dust or wash them.

Angharad

Angharad

Still unsure

Angharad,

All is planned to be revealed in part 9 or 10 depending on how the strands develop. But whatever the actual reason, and I hope it will sound plausible, the basic premise is that here is a young person who has had no choice but to change gender. This gender change has been mostly concealed up until now, again for reasons to be revealed and Celyn is slowly finding what it will mean to be a girl full time and what sort of girl she would like to be. After all many women/girls don't have a 'girly' image.

I hope you and everyone else is having as much fun reading these little stories as I have had writing them.

Best wishes,

Fine, but...

Angharad's picture

only a boy would show off with the football like that. Even a girl footballer would have just kicked it back, not done a David Beckham.

Angharad

Angharad

Girls football

My daughter plays football and some of her fellow players copy flicks and tricks from the top players just like the boys. It's a much nicer game to watch as well since there are no screaming parents urging their eager but not very talented children to somehow magically become millionaire football players.

I'm sure they do

Angharad's picture

when it's their ball or training session or whatever, my point is that they are much less likely to do it, if they aren't part of the activity. It isn't a criticism, more an observation and I accept it is important in the storyline.

I hope your daughter enjoys her games, I used to when I was younger, one of the reasons I have a bad back now.

Angharad

Angharad

Girls

I kind of disagree with that one, Angy. Not every girl has to like girly stuff, there are plenty of transgender girls that are the same way as Celyn, and you also could be right about him/her being a him not a her. But honestly, I'm not sure, we'll just have to wait and see :D Note, yes you are a talking to a very feminine girl (my friends say I am at least) that loves shopping, make up jewelry, playing videogames, and writing horror stories ((Which I may post on here one day, when I actually feel confident enough to do it, right now I"m much too scared T_T)) And I'm just happy being me. I don't need to tell others I'm a girl, I just show them but I do often correct them if they call me sir, instead of miss. Though I hardly ever get that :D

Anyway, all I'm saying is, don't get too used to stereotypes, there are girls and boys that are everything and none of it as well. Feminine girls, masculine girls, neither girls, feminine boys, masculine boys, neither boys, and any other combination they just happen to have the personality of :D

--------------------------------------------
I just got to be me :D

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

I seem to recall a film

about a girl's football team called 'Bend it like Beckham'. And I'm a bit of a feminist. I'm not a sports fan but I don't mind a bit of tonsil hockey. And I don't see why Celyn shouldn't enjoy, and be good at, football.

BTW I am enjoying this story; not much of the plot given away early so each episode is attention-grabbing.

Susie

...and its kinda relevant

"Bend it like Beckham" is a story about the heroine trying to live in two very different worlds. Celyn certainly is living in two different worlds. (Of course for different reasons).

We attend my daughter's soccer (can't say football here in the US) matches and the high school aged referees are always showing off during the break. Doesn't matter which gender.

There is several different levels of play here. The least skilled can make you cry. Though the 16-18 year old Traveling teams play very decently.

Carla
BTW: the cutest games are the 4-5 years.

"May you live in Interesting Times" is a promise, not a threat!

hmmm

kristina l s's picture

another nice episode, even if I'm still lagely clueless. There are too many mixed messages around Celyn and his/her actions and what happened. Not a complaint, just an observation. The clothes swapping and arousal, the football trick which seems more guy showing off for his girl, the macho and then femme response to oaf and the final girly retreat to mum. S/he's all over the place... I am intrigued though.

Kristina

reading the comments and not understanding the problem.....

What is everyone's problem with your character, Celyn? For me, She is one of the most three dimentional and well rounded characters, that I have encountered on this site, no holds barred.

Alys I'm still loving this story... even though I don't know where on Cyrus they are staying, having never been there, or half of the British references, but the story is excellent!

A.A.