The Price to Pay - Vol. 4.15 - Scoring?

Printer-friendly version
price_to_pay.jpg
          
"I can't walk into the Millennium stadium changing room like this, Mum," I protested.

"Why not, you are a beautiful girl, and you look fantastic in that dress, why do you want to conceal that, aren't you sick of hiding yourself as you used to have to do?

"Haf," said my Father quietly to my Mother," one problem, it's a boy's team and I'm sure Celyn wants to play down the beautiful and girl bit".

The Price to Pay - Vol. 4.15 - Scoring?

by Alys


Vol. 4.15
 

Sion and I sat in the car in the deserted parking area, next to the derelict pub, watching the moonlight on Má´r Hafren*

"It's beautiful here," I said

"Yes," responded Siá´n, a little distantly.

He had been quite quiet most of the evening, before and after going to see Michael Moore's latest, Sicko.

I lent over the gap between the seats and kissed him, he responded and soon I was sitting astride my lover, in the driver's seat, as we caressed and excited each other.

"Where can we go, Siá´n?" I asked after coming up for air, but continuing to move my hand over his chest.

"You know my parents are home," he replied, as he caressed my breast gently.

"Yes, I wish there was somewhere else..............I know shall I ring my Mum?" I suggested.

"You know she'll say no," said Siá´n, putting a bit of a damper on my idea.

"You never know," I said hopefully.

I sat back in my seat and took out my phone and pressed fast dial one.

"Hello, Celyn, what's up?"

"Hi Mum, how are you?"

"I'm fine, what's the problem?"

"Well,nothing really, can I ask you if something is alright"

"Depends on what it is, dear"

"Mum can I bring Siá´n home?"

"Celyn you know you never need to ask that......but if you mean to spend the night, I'm sorry you know where your Father and I stand on that"

"Pleassssssse Mum, just this once"

"We've told you before that sixteen is too young to have a boyfriend staying over, and young lady you are due home in less than an hour remember you have an important game tomorrow and we have to go the dressmakers too"

With that final, slightly irritable, comment she hung up.

"Damn!" I exclaimed, cursing my Mother's intransigence and my distant aunt who wanted me to be a bridesmaid at her eldest daughter's wedding.

"I told you, she wouldn't agree," said Siá´n.

"Yes, but I don't understand it, they know we have sex but they just won't let us have use of a nice comfortable room" I said in an irritated tone.

"I think it's more for their own mental health," Siá´n responded," oh well there is always the back seat"

"Mmmm, yes, but one problem," I said.

"What's that?"

"I haven't got any lube with me," I explained.

"Oh," said Siá´n, sounding disappointed.

"But there is no need for it for this," I said suggestively as I leaned over and unzipped Siá´n.

Some minutes later I was sucking a peppermint to take away some of the slightly unpleasant taste of Siá´n's cum, while repairing my pink lipstick.

"Thanks, my love," said Siá´n, quietly, as he recovered from his post orgasmic lassitude.

"It was my pleasure, my love," I responded, before leaning over and giving my beloved a gentle kiss on the lips," I guess it's time to head home if I am to make my curfew"

An hour later I lay on my bed, feeling a little frustrated at having missed out on being intimate with Siá´n. I played with my boobs and my clit, finally I took out my vibrator, setting it for quiet mode, and brought myself to a climax filled with visions of my boyfriend.

The grinding noise of my sash window being rapidly opened was followed by the shock of a cold autumn breeze on my naked body as my duvet was pulled off my bed.

I opened my eyes to see my Mother standing over me, holding my dressing gown. I reached out to try and grab the duvet back from her. She evaded my uncoordinated efforts easily and smiled back.

"Here put this on," she said, handing me the pink insult to morning clothing," and get in the shower now, we have to leave in half an hour"

I wrapped the thick towelling garment around me, trying to warm up my rapidly chilling body, and scowled at my tormentor as she turned and left my room.

"Oh Celyn, one more thing," she said

"What?" I said abruptly, thinking black, evil thoughts of revenge at a parent who could so cruelly deprive her daughter of her beauty sleep. I listed my top ten methods and rapidly decided on chocolate deprivation as a way of paying her back.

"Wear your new your new bra and pantie set with your new dress," she instructed.

I grunted a vague assent, deciding that being forced to wear pink frilly underwear could only mean a doubling of the period of my Mother's chocolate denial.

"And make up!" she shouted as she made her way down the stairs, forcing me to again increase her potential loss of chocolate.

Over an hour and a half later we were clambering aboard the bus to take us from the 'Park and Ride' car park into the centre of Caerdydd***. My Father paid the flat fare and then we sat down on the narrow bench seats. I hoped that we wouldn't have to do too much walking since my figure hugging ruched dress was a little restrictive, while the three inch heels I was wearing weren't conducive to rapid movement either.

"Oh Mum, why do I have to wear this dress and these shoes?" I whined.

"I told you before, we are going to get you a bridesmaid's dress, you need to look the part and also......." she replied.

"...it's a John Galliano" I said, completing my Mother's comment.

"Exactly, you don't often get a chance of wearing something by such a stylish designer"

"I can't walk into the Millennium stadium changing room like this, Mum," I protested.

"Why not, you are a beautiful girl, and you look fantastic in that dress, why do you want to conceal that, aren't you sick of hiding yourself as you used to have to do?

"Haf," said my Father quietly to my Mother," one problem, it's a boy's team and I'm sure Celyn wants to play down the beautiful and girl bit"

"Oh, yes, I hadn't thought of that, well I guess you can change into your tracksuit before we get there"

My feet were absolutely killing me by the time we reached our destination. It had taken us almost half an hour from the bus stop, since the 'Loving Bride' dress shop was in an exclusive arcade quite a distance from the main shopping streets.

My Mother swept into the shrine to marriage, my Father and I trailing in her wake, and approached the smart, impeccably made up woman in her mid thirties at the reception, whose name tag read Juliet.

"Good morning," said Juliet," how can I help you today?"

"Good morning," replied my Mother," it's my daughter, we have an appointment to fit her for a bridesmaids dress, it's Celyn Morus"

"Yes, let me see," said Juliet consulting her computer," the ten o'clock appointment, you'll be with Grace today"

An attractive woman, in her early twenties came over and was introduced to us.

"Can you tell me what style you are looking for," asked Grace to my Mother, after we had moved over to sit in an alcove on a group of armchairs.

My Mother consulted the print out of the email she had received from Auntie Jane.

"Let me see, yes, the style they have chosen is the Portia, the maxi dress, in pink and white."

"That's fine, I'm sure we have one, that will fit your daughter, in stock," responded our outfitter, "if you would come with me, Celyn, I'll take your measurements"

I followed her into a large changing cubicle. She unzipped me and helped me wriggle out of my clingy dress.

"I guess you must be about a size ten, Celyn?" she asked.

"I think so," I replied.

"You don't know?" she questioned.

"I'm not completely sure, my Mum buys most of my dresses, I just wear them, it's not really my thing," I explained.

"Oh, you surprise me, someone so attractive as you, OK if you can turn towards me, I'll measure you," Grace said.

I turned round and stood there a little self consciously in my pink frilly undies. She stared at me in surprise, her mouth opened but no speech came out.

"What is it?" I asked, wondering what imperfection she had noticed on my body, could she see somehow that I used to be a boy?

"I..I've never seen a girl with a six pack before," she explained pointing at my abdominal muscles.

"Oh that," I laughed," I work out regularly and do a lot of sport, I need to be as strong as possible"

"Why is that?" she asked, recovering from her astonishment at the shape of my tummy and beginning her measuring.

"I play football in a boys' team," I explained.

"Oh, I see," responded Grace, without much interest.

Almost two hours later, I was utterly fed up of all the changing into and out of the flouncy pink maxi dress that I dreaded having to wear in a couple of months. Even the staff in the shop were getting irritated by my Mother's refusal to accept that the latest minute change, that she had demanded, had made little if no difference to how the dress looked.

I stood by the changing room, waiting for the request to change again. I looked at my watch, there was only an hour and three quarters to the kick off, I was hoping we could leave soon.

I heard the crashing chords of "...God Save the Queen, It's a fascist regime...", I grabbed for my bag and took out my phone as quickly as possible to silence the extremely embarrassing ring-tone, wondering why I had forgotten to change it.

"Hi, Siá´n" I said," how are you?"

"Where are you? Do you know what time it is," he asked sounding irritated.

"I'm in the dressmakers and it's twenty past twelve, why?"

"The match kicks off in half an hour!" Siá´n stated.

"I thought it was two?" I said, beginning to panic.

"Mr Jones told us on Thursday after the last training session, don't you remember?" he asked a little angrily.

"I wasn't in the training session on Thursday, Siá´n, I was playing for Casnewydd Ladies, don't YOU remember?" I asked a little tetchily.

"Oh, yes, sorry, but I did tell you yesterday, I'm pretty sure," he responded, sounding a little chastened.

"Oh yes, I remember now, just before we picked up Seren, in the morning, I must have been distracted about taking him back to school after the assault," I responded.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter, can you make it?" he asked.

"I'll do my best, see you soon" I replied, before making my way over to where my Mother was discussing another list of alterations. I grabbed her arm.

"Mum, we've got to go now! The match starts in less than half an hour," I said urgently," Dad can you get a taxi?"

"What match is this?" asked Juliet.

"Oh my daughter is playing in some football game in the stadium this afternoon," she responded casually," now about these alterations"

"Mum!!, we have to go now!" I said, raising my voice.

"Now calm down Celyn, I need a few more minutes to finalise these changes and then you'll have to change" she replied.

"Mum! I'm going now!" I said getting angry at her nonchalance.

"You can't go like that,in your bridesmaid's dress" she said.

"Watch me!" I said, as I picked up my bag and walked out of the door to where my Dad had managed to flag down a taxi.

My Mum ran after me, shouting back to the shop staff that she would do the rest of the discussion on the phone.

Twenty minutes our taxi deposited us at the entrance to the stadium, after having to crawl through the almost grid locked Saturday traffic. I ran, as fast as a bridesmaid's maxi dress and heels would allow me, toward the changing rooms, while my parents made their way to the seating area.

"Hey you!," shouted an authoritative voice," where are you going?"

I turned to see a big, bulky security man walking towards me as I hesitated at the entrance to the corridor labeled 'Teams Only'.

"To the Cwm Wysg changing room," I replied.

I looked at the short haired man in his late forties and decided that the story of a girl, in a bridesmaid dress, who was a member of a boy's football team would not sound very plausible. I wracked my brains for an alternative excuse.

"Sorry, sir," I said politely," but I have to get my brother's kit to him, he left it in the car and we only noticed it when we got to the wedding and I have to get back there in twenty minutes and this is the only pair of special boots that he can wear for his foot deformity........"

"OK, OK, come on,I'll come with you, we'll be quicker if you let me carry the bag"

The 'click clack' of my heels, on the hard floor, echoed along the corridor as we hurried towards our destination.

"Hello sir," said Mike, the security guard, to Mr Jones as we entered the changing room," this young lady has brought her brother's kit for the game, is that OK?"

"Celyn! At last!" Mr Jones exclaimed," I think you might have got the wrong end of the stick, or been mislead, this young lady is a member of the team and this no doubt is her kit bag"

"Sorry, Mike, for misleading you, would you have believed the truth?" I said apologetically to the security guard.

"No, I guess not," he smiled wryly," good luck in the game anyway"

The security guard left and Mr Jones turned towards me.

"Celyn, I wonder if you take this team seriously. You never fail to astonish me, you know that this is an important game but again you turn up late, and now in a wedding dress!" he said with irritation.

"It's a bridesmaids dress, sir" I corrected timidly.

"Celyn, it's a game of football not a wedding," yelled Elfed, my former nemesis, but now a good friend.

There was a ripple of laughter

I poked my tongue out at him, "tell my Mum about that," I replied.

"OK boys let's go out and have a quick warm up on the pitch," directed Mr Jones.

The boys stood and the studs on their boots clattered on the floor as they shuffled out.

"Celyn you've got ten minutes, if you're not on the pitch then you are on the bench for the first half," said the coach as he went to follow the rest of the team.

"Mr Jones?", I said.

"Yes, what is it?" he asked, pausing to look around again.

"Can you unzip me?" I asked as I turned my back towards him.

Mr Jones looked at me with a mixture of surprise and apprehension, he then quickly looked along the corridor to see if the team was now out of sight.

"Celyn, I'm not sure, this is difficult, you being a girl and me being a male teacher. It's risky for me," he said.

"Why is that?" I asked in surprise.

"Celyn, unfortunately there are girls, and even some boys, who make false accusations of inappropriate contact by teachers. One of my friends, a great guy, lost his job like that," he explained.

"Sir, you've known me for five years, have you ever seen any sign that I would do that," I countered.

"Yes, Celyn, but for nearly all that time you were officially, well at least in school, a boy," he argued.

"Sir, if you don't unzip me I won't be able to play," I stated.

"Oh, I see," he said.

He stood for a few seconds,obviously weighing up the risks of unzipping my dress against the benefits of me playing. Suddenly he moved forward and quickly unzipped my bridesmaid's dress a little way down.

"That's all I'm prepared to do, Celyn, I hope you can finish it from there, I'll see you on the pitch in," he looked at his watch," eight minutes from now"

Mr Jones exited the room, closing the door after him. I listened to the noise of his steady trot fade away as I began changing.

Just over five minutes later I was trotting down the corridor towards the pitch. I marvelled at the way my new 'Shock Absorber' sports bra both flattened me considerably and also greatly reduced the bounce of my breasts as I ran. I was congratulating myself on having not too girly a look, with my slightly outsize kit, until I turned into the last corridor and noticed my well made up face in the mirror.

"Damn," I cursed.

"......at number ten, Elfed Williams," came the voice of the stadium tannoy, as I ran down the passage leading onto the pitch.

"and finally at number eleven, the holder of twenty caps at Wales under sixteen and under fourteen levels, Celyn Morus, who seems to be playing 'left back off the pitch'"

There was a ripple of laughter and groans at the very old football joke from the fairly sparse crowd in the stadium.

"No, in fact here he comes, the number eleven..." the tannoy continued," oh I must apologise to the young lady coming on the field at number eleven whose name is..."

There was the sound of papers being rustled and some whispering from the loudspeakers.

"In fact the Cwm Wysg player wearing number eleven is in fact Celyn Morus"

As I ran out, I spotted some of the Casnewydd ladies team sitting near the front.

"Celyn! Celyn!," they shouted, waving widely at me.

I waved back, smiling.

My little plan for Casnewydd Ladies had worked a treat, I had played 3 games and in each game I had created at least one goal for Erica. By now she was appreciative of my efforts and had changed her attitude towards me completely.

The game started, for the first twenty minutes the Ysgol Casnewydd team, with their superior strength and size, were all over us. It was a real struggle to keep them out. It took some desperate defending, every player back in our own half, some great saves from Aled our goalkeeper and two goal line clearances to keep the score at nil-nil.

Having weathered the early storm we began to get some passes forward, but in my role as lone striker, with at least two of their players marking me whenever I was near their goal, it was hard to be any threat.

We were all relieved when the whistle went for half time and we still hadn't conceded a goal. As we sat in the changing room taking some refreshments, the coach relayed his instructions for more of the same, while I removed the mixture of mud, dirt and make up from my face.

The second half began with the Ysgol Casnewydd team once again putting immense pressure on our goal. In the end we succumbed to the inevitable as their almost six foot tall centre back met the third successive corner with a well directed header into the top corner of the net, leaving our goalkeeper with no chance.

Everyone looked despondent as we lined up for the restart. I knew that our best chance of getting an equaliser was while our opponents were still feeling excited about their own goal and would have dropped their concentration levels a little. I walked over to where Siá´n was standing ready to kick the ball. I whispered to him, he nodded and called Elfed to take the first kick in his place.

I received Siá´n's expert pass halfway in the Casnewydd half where I had sprinted as soon as the whistle had gone. I touched the ball towards the corner flag and noticed my two markers coming towards me. I suddenly changed direction and made a diagonal run between the two of them, another defender raced from the opposite side towards me, while the goalkeeper took up a position at the near side of his goal to prevent a possible shot. Just as the defender was about to lunge for the ball I chipped the ball over his head to the far side of the goal where Siá´n was waiting to gently head the ball into the empty net.

There was a huge cheer from our supporters and many of the thousands who had now arrived in the stadium for the Cup final later on. I ran up to Siá´n, we high fived and he was then enveloped with the rest of our players.

"Great pass, Celyn," said Siá´n.

"Great pass yourself," I replied as we ran back to restart the game.

The game resumed and for a while Ysgol Casnewydd were a bit more circumspect about their play, leaving a few players back in case we managed a counter attack. I now had three players watching my every move, two nearby and one as a back up and was unable to do anything. There were ten minutes to go when their coach brought on two fresh attackers to replace two of their players who were obviously tiring.

We were soon defending desperately, again, as they tried to get revenge for the unexpected defeat we had inflicted on them a couple of months earlier.

There were a few minutes left and nearly all their players were in attacking positions. I intercepted a pass facing my own goal and suddenly had an idea, considering that we were in the home of Welsh Rugby, I flicked the ball up and kicked it high over my head, in true Rugby 'Up and Under' fashion, turned and ran as fast as I could after the ball.

I had run five metres before any of the Ysgol Casnewydd team reacted to the potential danger and had turned and started running after me. As the ball dropped the last Casnewydd defender was lining up for a defensive header, I timed my jump and managed to get my head to the ball before him. I nudged it over his head, and as I landed past him ran after the ball, I then poked the ball past the onrushing goalkeeper, evaded his despairing dive at my feet and with my right foot hammered the ball into the empty net.

There was a huge roar from the forty thousand who were in the stadium ready for the cup final in three quarters of an hour.

I was surrounded by the rest of the team.

"Wow, fantastic," said Elfed, embracing me.

"Brilliant, Celyn," said Aled, as he put his arm around my shoulder.

Others embraced and hugged me, strangely the last to come over was Siá´n, who simply high fived and congratulated me. I briefly wondered at his reticence, before the game restarted and we tried to hang onto our lead for the last few minutes.

"One minute left", said the referee to Siá´n.

Suddenly with a crisp one-two the Casnewydd centre forward had made his way past our last defender with only the goalie to beat. He slipped the ball past Aled whose arm was a fraction too late and he succeeded in only bringing down the blond haired striker as the ball continued gently until it bobbled out of play.

The referee shouted penalty and pointed at the spot, he then marched up to Aled,

"Sorry son I have to send you off for that," he said as he brandished his red card high in the air.

Aled stood up and walked over to Sion, "who's in goal now?" he asked, taking his gloves off.

We all looked over to the coach. Mr Jones signalled number 3, the largest of our players, to be in goal for the penalty.

I ran up to Sion.

"Sion, let me be in goal," I pleaded.

"But John's at least 6 inches taller than you, Celyn," Siá´n replied.

"Please Siá´n, I know what he's going to do with the kick," I explained

I had watched the Ysgol Casnewydd centre forward doing a few practice penalties, before the start of the second half and I was sure I could read him.

"OK, you have as good a chance as anyone, I guess," he responded," Aled give Celyn your gloves"

Aled looked surprised at Siá´n but did as he was told.

As I took up my position in goal, the referee along with all the other players on the pitch looked at me in surprise.

"Captain, are you sure you want her in goal?" the referee asked Siá´n.

"Sure," he replied.

The referee shrugged his shoulders and blew his whistle for the Casnewydd centre forward to take the kick. I watched as he eyed me up before deciding what to do. I figured that if I guessed the direction I would have a good chance of getting the ball since I was sure seeing a five foot seven girl instead of a six foot tall boy in goal would make him over confident.

He ran towards the ball, I watched his eyes as they flickered from looking at the ball to looking at the net. As he kicked I threw myself to my right, the direction his eyes had had before he kicked. For a split second it looked like my successful guess would be in vain as the ball, almost in slow motion seemed to be moving out of my grasp, I made one last effort to stretch for it and managed to flick at it, with my right hand. As I landed on the floor with a crunch, that shook my body, I saw the ball, in it's diverted flight, shave the outside of the post before flying out of play.

The referee blew the whistle for the end of the game, and then there was a wall of sound around the stadium. It was amazing to hear all the cheers.

I stood up and once again was surrounded by my team, congratulating me, again I noticed that Siá´n was reluctant to come over and embrace me.

"That was some save, young lady," said the referee as he come over to shake my hand," well done."

A number of the Casnewydd players came over to sportingly congratulate me.

We all slowly made our way off the pitch, soaking up the applause. As we were walking down the passage way I felt a touch on my shoulder, I turned round to see Mr Jenkins standing next to our coach.

"Celyn, would you come with me, there is someone who would like to meet you and Mr Jones," he said.

I followed the two of them down into a small office, which lead into a luxury box, that faced the pitch. A man of medium height rose from his seat over looking the pitch and turned and walked towards me. It was Sir Alex Ferguson, the manager of Manchester United!

He came over and shook my hand.

"Well done, lass, that was some save and your goal was unbelievable," he said.

"Thank you Sir Alex," I responded.

He then congratulated Mr Jones on the success of our team and handed him the winner's cheque. He then asked me if I would like to play for him. I agreed of course. He told me he would be sending a letter to the Welsh FA supporting my registration application and would be putting his lawyers to see if there was a way I could some day play professional football. He wished me luck and told me he would following my progress through Mr Jenkins's reports.

I followed Mr Jones to the changing room, still not believing the last few minutes. A dream that I had had two years ago, only for it to be cruelly snatched away, looked like it might be coming true almost miraculously.

I saw Siá´n's bag at the end of the corridor, I was so excited to tell him my news, I ran ahead of Mr Jones.

I turned and stopped in my tracks.

I felt as if I had been kicked in the stomach by a horse.

Siá´n and Meryl were locked in a close embrace.

*Má´r Hafren* = Severn Sea, River Severn Estuary, expanse of water between South Wales and South West England, also known in England as the Bristol Channel.

**size 10 in the UK is roughly size 6 in the USA
Caerdydd*** = Cardiff, capital city of Wales


To Be Concluded next chapter...

 
End of Vol. 4.15

up
105 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A long chapter-please be nice.

Hi Folks,

This is a long chapter, almost three times longer than my usual ones and it took ages to write. Please be nice with your comments.

Hugs,

Alys

Okay then . . .

For us non-sports (not just non-football/soccer) fans, it was a long go to get to the point. The ending makes me want to recommend dull knives and medicinal alcohol as appropriate tools for Celyn to use on Sion. EX-boy-friend in more ways than one!

Chocolate deprivation as punishment for her mom? Celyn is more girl than she realizes! ;-)

Karen J.

PS: The ruched dress sounds cute! But you didn't tell us what color!

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Janis Joplin


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Very sneaky, Alys

This could go anyplace but at a minimium, Celyn's trust in either Meryl or Sion will be severely damaged.

P.S. Celyn's mom continiues to be clueless to the point of near insanity. Her wishes come before any of Celyns AND she treats Celyn as a natural girl( on sleep overs with the boyfriend) YET this is the same woman who practically threw Celyn to the wolves on that almost disasterous summer vacation. Hum, did Sion and Meryl get together then -- during the summer - and that is why they are close now?

My god, she went down on him the night before and has willingly and enthusastically had full intercourse with him many times. How much more accomodating can she be?

Did Meryl break up with her boyfiend? Is she pining for what might have been had not Celyn had the cancer. Is Sion just consoling her loss of Celyn the man? Or are they two randy kids who dumped a friend in a moment of passion, IE "Well, so you're fun to be with but you can never have or give someone a child so this was bound to happen."

Sion's odd behavior late in the game could be jealousy/rivally in that Celyn, the *girl* is still a better player, female hormones, surgery and all, than any MAN on the team and he feels some resentment.

I don't believe they are that callous but who knows? All I know is Celyn will be hurt even if it was innocent. She knows what she has lost, she nearly died and never wanted to be a woman, she can never have a child, unless there is a medical breakthrough but has made the best of it. Why now do they hurt her?

Damn you for your wonderful characters.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Was it an up and under or a Garry Owen?

Angharad's picture

Nice chapter, I liked the switch from bridesmaid to footaller and the quick thinking to get into the changing rooms.

The soccer was well described too, the Ronaldo of Cwm Wysg!

Cofleidiau,

Angharad

Angharad

Pretty Rotten Thing To Do

jengrl's picture

Sion and Meryl were pretty rotten to do that to Celyn. It would make me pretty angry to see my boyfriend and ex girlfriend sneaking around behind my back. They had absolutely no regard for Celyn's feelings. I hope that Celyn goes up and kicks Sion between the legs for what he and Meryl have done to her. It would be poetic justice for the doctors to have to reassign Sion to the fairer sex. Then he could feel the same sense of loss that Celyn feels. Meryl can be dealt with woman to woman.

Hugs,

Jenn

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Yes it is

The question is, what exactly did Celyn, and us readers, witness?

1) an incident of ongoing cheating? in which case with the fact that Sion was actively pursuing sexual relations (not withstanding what a certain exPresident has to say about receiving oral sex) with Celyn only last night it means the end of the whole friendship itself. Maybe not permanently, as in until they die, but definitely the end for now subject to Sion's making up for this (from a badly betraying friend, not a betraying boyfriend standpoint)(as a boyfriend/girlfriend, this has been burned away)

2) a changing of girlfriend? with last night factored in, pretty much the same aftereffects as *1.

3) something at least partially innocent? with the exact words used, "Siôn and Meryl were locked in a close embrace", it might be innocent (no I don't believe the authoress is taking it this direction, but she might, and the written words would allow for this) or innocent on Sion's part anyway.

Meryl probably wouldn't have had innocent access to the changing room(s).

It will be interesting to read just what the authoress intends from here.

I Don't Think It Was Innocent

jengrl's picture

I think that there is definitely something going on between Sion and Meryl. Celyn mentioned that Sion seemed really distant and then when she saved a goal, Sion didn't really want to embrace her like the other teammates did. Apparently, Sion had no problems receiving oral sex from Celyn the night before and then cheating on her with Meryl. He is just a slimeball!

Jenn

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Unless Alys wants to go a different direction ...

... I believe you are correct.
Having said that, the foreshadowing is just that.
Not proof by any means.
And not impossible to be something else.
We will just have to read the next charter.
When it comes out.

You Lot Never Learn

joannebarbarella's picture

Surely by now you should have realised that Alys is tricky. I knew Celyn would score but Alys tricked me too. I'm tempted to stick my tongue out, but I have to admire the footwork and I'm sure there's another tricky pass in the bag too. That's part of what I love about this story, but I just know she won't let Celyn lose, cos we all love Celyn too much,
Joanne

Celyn's Mum Was A Bit Much At The Dress Shop

She was not thinking about Celyn's game. As for Sion and Meryl, could he want Meryl because he wants children that Celyn can not give him?
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Jumping to Assumptions

Given the general ethics of how the characters behave in this story, at least so far, I'm not willing to assume the worst of Meryl and Sion just yet. There are any number of perfectly innocent explanations... Well, maybe as many as two. Or, maybe at least one.

Something bad could have happened that they didn't want to tell Celyn before the game, and they could just be comforting each other. Or, Meryl could be having heartbreak blues over her ex-relationship with Celyn, and Sion was just giving her a warm friendly hug.

Of course, it kind of depends what Celyn was seeing exactly in the way of "locked in an embrace". If there was prolonged passionate kissing involved, that's one thing, and maybe a bit harder to explain away as just some friendly comforting. Otherwise, yeah, it could be innocent(-ish).

These people are all close friends. If the romantic attraction has shifted, don't you think Sion and Meryl would approach Celyn to at least discuss things so they can remain friends? I can't see them just sneaking about.

I guess we'll have to see! Nice chapter, by the way.

Well, ...

The embrace could have easily innocent applications, were it not for a couple of inconvenient elements of this chapter.

1) Meryl was in the changing room. Unless this particular stadium was designed for multi-game tournaments, complete with 4, 6, or 8 full locker rooms, Meryl had gotten into an area that was sure to be secured against scam artists trying to get in for free as well as "football" groupies, autograph hounds and stalkers going after the Welsh FA Cup Final players. She put effort and likely lies to be in there at all.

2) Sion's increasingly remote actions during the game when all logic would have him more excited as the game went on.
They beat the local all-star traveling team.
Let me repeat that.
They beat the local all-star traveling team.
A locally renowned traveling team.
That is the kind of thing that usually gets invites to the aforementioned all-star team as well as much higher interest from talent scouts for higher level play (Pro and university).
At least three of the players would have intense interest in them as players.
Celyn, Sion, and Aled at a minimum.

Alys wrote that "some great saves from Aled our goalkeeper and two goal line clearances to keep the score at nil-nil" so there would be interest in Aled. Not necessarily contracts, but certainly interest. Goalie Jim Craig might have not had a career in the NHL, but after his Olympic win over the Soviet Red Army Hockey Team his shot stop ratio certainly got him a chance.

Sion was one of the scorers from the first game as well as scoring one here. Every coach in England would have all three on a (fairly long) list in case they had a chance at "the big time" in "football". University, Olympic, Semi-Pro or Pro, all coaches hoping for promotion keep track of the available talent that is out there to play for or against.

Sion's (unexplained) actions are not consistent with loyal beloved boyfriend (or even loyal lover)

They are not consistent with loyal teammate when both have a chance at higher levels of play (Unless he thinks that Celyn would not play for college and will abandon him to go straight for a short Pro career).

They are not even consistent with the premise of a loyal friend to a boyhood chum who almost died and suffered changes that most boys (and men) have nightmares about.

But there is (admittedly slight) wiggle room here. It will be interesting to see how Alys resolves this.

P.S. I changed my mind, I do believe that the wiggle room is where Alys is going to take this. She has passed up on previous opportunities that would lead to Celyn making enemies out of opponents and in fact the opposite. Or taking actions to cause somebody else's life to be messed up (not the same as standing firm while those wanting to be his/her enemies crash into the reefs upon which Celyn is standing). Those would have to be the expected actions if the future chapter were not in that "wiggle room" gap. She doesn't want Celyn to be that kind of person IMHO.

P.P.S. Hey, I could be wrong. I still really really really want to read the next chapter

Not having

much clue about footie, and having been caught jumping to conclusions before (I was young once and had more energy), I am prepared to sit in the stands and watch this game played out.

I very much enjoy your writing, Alys, you can hang a cliff with the best of them.

Susie

Alys sure stirred the beehive on this one!

Wonderful chapter - so well written that it was over before I knew it!

The comments were good for a chuckle, too! Alys, you sure have set us up on this one, so we'll just have to play it out - and see who guessed right on your kick!

YW

He conquers who endures. ~ Persius

To be Concluded

I agree Sion has a lot of explaining to do and nothing he says can be good. It looks like it is time for Celyn to move on, in more ways than one. As Alys says at the end - to be concluded. That is truly the sad part of this story.

I hope that Alys forgets that she said this was a three part story. I know the rest of us want the saga of Celyn to continue.

Please???

As always,

Dru

As always,

Dru

*sighs* Yea, a kick all right.

Sion'd been showing signs. Sad that he didn't have the "guts" to say something. I'm HOPING that it's just a "celebratory" hug from a good friend, but somehow that doesn't sound like the right "problem" for the story.

*sighs*

Annette

Wow, nice cliffhanger for the finale Alys

Frank's picture

Personally, I liked the longer chapter...and the very surprise ending...can't wait til the next chapter, and hopefully the next volume.

:)

Huggles

Alexis

Hugs

Frank

Alys, very nice.

I keep having to remind myself that the girl was not transgendered and is now simply trying to make the best of things. Finding her Boy Friend in the clutches of another woman, is a normal part of life. It happens to us all at one time or another.

"Mum!!, we have to go now!"

"Mum!!, we have to go now!" I said, raising my voice.

"Now calm down Celyn, I need a few more minutes to finalise these changes and then you'll have to change" she replied.

After I had read that, I didn't even realize I had said "No, we are going now, b*tch!!" until the words were out of my mouth.

Geez, I don't even like the game, and I was getting wound up about it.

Great writing, Alys!!

fence sitting

kristina l s's picture

that's where I am so far with this one. Circumstantial evidence that could go a different way. That is all just leading where we've been pointed after all, naughty Alys, so we shall see. Nice soccer...er, football bit too and oh yeah, Mum does need a shake, but you have to smile.

Kristina

longer chapters

Alys, the longer chapter was unexpected, but VERY welcome. I also don't know a lot about football, but was able to follow the action well. Good job. I agree with the others that I like how Celyn always shows up to games in a dress and has to change quickly into her kit.

Personally, I believe that the whole Sion, Meryl thing is a diversion of sorts. Sion's becoming distant during the game doesn't give enough of a clue of a wandering eye. especially in light of the previous evenings activities. I think that he and Meryl are keeping something from Celyn, and a relationship beyond friendship isn't it. I'm leaning towards the side of either jealousy of Celyn's skill, or something else that may be of bad news.

OH! I almost forgot. I loved the dress fitter's suprise at Celyn's six pack.
just my two cents.

I absolutely LOVE this story and hope you can keep it going for a while.

A.A.