Changed By Aliens Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

Changed By Aliens Chapter 3 (Originally written in 2007)
The rest of the story (Chapter 1 and 2) is in my story list. I don't know how to do all the software stuff to attach them.

Changed by Aliens (Chapter 1 and 2)

The first chapter deals the introduction of the family and little intersexed Gwinn who had been thought to be a boy. Then Reptilian Aliens happen on the scene and as usual, the humans start shooting and the Aliens get in on the act, but they have more sense than humans.
In Chapter 2 the relationship between this human family and the Reptilian Aliens develops more and they begin to assist each other.

Gwen and her Parents were being interrogated separately inside the Justice Center building in lower downtown Portland. The plan had been for Grok to be there too, but his attempts to save the little girl who had been shot, took him out of the area.

The huge ship was gone in moments, yet much of the population of east Portland had seen it. They’d scrambled the 4 Jets at the airport but by the time they got in the air and crossed the dozen miles to the shopping center, the Alien ship had climbed out of sight; completely invisible to primitive Radar. The Jets landed again without having shot at anything or even seen anything to shoot at. They were dangerously short of fuel having consumed almost all of it in their desperate ascent to the edge of space in pursuit of who knows what?

This incident alone had Portland buzzing with excited talk about what had happened. The shot child, the huge man in the shopping center, the hole in the ceiling of the shopping center and the scrambled Jets all added to the excitement. None of that could be kept secret and it would be impossible for any sort of disinformation to have any effect.

“Captain Grok” the voice on Grok’s com system said.

“Speak”, Said the Captain.

“I have intercepted communication in the human system that the use of a Tactical Weapon is being considered to demolish the area where the incident happened earlier.”

“Well, don’t let them do it but do not attack them.”

“Very well sir.”

Grok sighed, “These humans are so easily frightened into violence. Once we get them on task, I hope they are up for it.”, He thought.

Logan sat in the parking lot of the Mall and waited for instructions from either Grok or his parents. He’d seen all the military vehicles in the area but he was pretty much in the dark about what had transpired.

Much later in the afternoon, Logan was getting impatient, and decided to run down to Macadonodono’s for some lunch. As he was eating, He got a message from Grok to meet in a wooded area called Sellwood bottom, a wooded, marshy area with hiking trails along the Willamette River, near downtown. When he finally arrived on the edge of it, darkness was approaching. Rain was falling steadily and the chill made a coat necessary. In the gloom, Grok stepped out of the brush and called to Logan.

“Grok, I haven’t seen Mom, Dad or Gwen since they went into the shopping center, what’s happened?” Logan really sounded worried.

“They have been taken to a building in the city and our sensors have located them. I just wanted to let you know what is going on before we do anything else.”

Grok filled Logan in on what had happened and what had happened to the little girl who was shot. We are trying very hard to save her. None of us suspected that she would be shot.

“Are we going to go get them?’ Logan asked.

“Be patient, young cub, we will move soon. We want to talk to those holding them before your military forces build up too much but we also want some significant people there to talk to.”

“When will that be?”

“Only about another two of your hours, or 7:00pm, your time”, Grok said.

Shortly Grok dropped Logan in front of KGW Ch 8 and he went in to talk to the receptionist. They chose that station because of the relatively close but isolated location in regards to the Justice Center.

The evening secretary at the TV station was really reluctant to allow Logan to see anyone.
Logan, being the handsome lad that he is, handed her two rocks and then carefully, grasping only the blade, laid an exotic knife on her desk with them. Of course, he was turning on the charm and gently persuaded her to pick up the knife and do the same to one of the rocks.

“Oh, this is so cool!” she exclaimed!

Looking at the young woman’s name tag, he could see that her name was Darcy. “Darcy, I am not here to hurt anyone, I just need to convince your boss to put a news crew down at the Justice Center.” He said. “Something really big is going to happen really soon. He looked at his watch.

“Actually, it is going to happen in just over an hour” he finished.

Darcy’s shoulder length blonde hair and her charming smile really attracted Logan. She scooted back her chair and stood up, revealing the bottom half of her light blue short skirt suit. She obviously liked Logan.

Darcy smiled at Logan, but she clearly did not want to believe him. “It is pretty radical to show up here with a knife; what if I had screamed and called for the guard?” She said.

Logan really turned on his boyish charm. “Oh, Darcy, I really didn’t want to frighten you. Do I look like someone who is going to hurt anyone?” His smile made Darcy want to puddle at his feet!

“Not really”. She said. It was obvious that she wanted to believe him, and was strongly attracted to Logan.

“Darcy, we really need to cut through the red tape here. This is more important than anything that has ever happened; our lives are at stake” He said. She gingerly picked up the knife and cut the rock, then dropped the knife; squealing emotionally.

“Oh my gosh, this is real isn’t it?” She said. “No one can do what I just did.” For a moment she looked like she was going to pass out, but then the toughness her Marine Corps father gave her began to assert it’s self. “This is about what happened at the Shopping Center, and the little girl, and the UFO and all that isn’t it!” She said. Darcy was so excited that she was almost shouting now.

Her voice was quivering, and her hands were shaking. With that she let out a short shriek and backed away from the desk. With that, the guard came running into the room, but she was on the phone to the News Desk and they immediately had someone down to talk to Logan.

At Frank, the news guy’s direction, the front door was locked and Logan was taken to a Frank’s office.

Darcy, the receptionist had run screaming into the Ladies room, it was hard to be a girly girl and share some of the genes of her father! Being smart, she soon calmed down enough to bring coffee to the room where Logan and Frank were talking. After seeing the pictures of Logan’s family along side Grok, the News guy quickly had dollar signs in his eyes.

“Is this related to what happened over at “Town Center” today?” Frank asked?

“Oh, that and much more; all the recent sightings of strange looking men saving people; it is all related and I have to tell you that it all comes to a head tonight. We all have to wake up and start to do what we need to do or Earth is going to be wiped out!” Logan finished.

Frank looked at Logan like he was just a dumb kid. “Look, kid, you expect me to believe all this and you show up practically empty handed?”

Just then, a much more put together Darcy stepped forward and laid the split rock and the knife in front of Frank.

“Pick up the rock Frank.” She said. He looked like he was just going to laugh at her.

“Fine, watch this!” She picked up the knife and with almost no effort at all cut a neat hole in the top of his desk.

“My God, are you the same sweet little girl that sits at the front desk? Geez, you have Chutzpah!” Frank said. He laughed out loud, but quickly got back on task. Frank being a news guy was hard to surprise and he viewed these sorts of things with all the glee of a child. Besides, a couple of years in Afghanistan left him a lot tougher.

In the next few minutes, Logan, Frank and Darcy talked things out. Frank was actually a pretty nice guy once you got him on board. And, he recognized a great story when it cut a hole in his desk!

“OK, so this Grok fellow wants you to ride down with our news crew. Then we will interview you at the scene and shortly after that Grok will enter the Justice Center.” Frank said.

“Sure Frank. Grok’s entrance will be sort of spectacular, though no one will be hurt. You have to realize that these Aliens are trying to help us, not harm us.” Logan Said.

Logan and Darcy rode downtown with the KGW news driver, and waited for Grok’s signal. When Darcy left the office with Logan, Frank said to her,

“Wait, where do you think you are going?”

Darcy turned and looked at Frank with more determination than a meter maid; then she grabbed Logan’s arm.

Frank looked at both of them for a moment; knowing that he could not win this one. He’d just met a much more amazing Darcy than he had hired. “OK, go ahead; I’ll get Janice to watch the desk.”

So, Darcy and Logan were in a little park, across the street from the Justice Center with the news crew and their truck when things around them seemed to go suddenly quiet.

“Hey, this is Grok” the tiny com unit that Grok had given Logan said. It sounded as if Grok was right in front of Logan. “Listen here young Cub; it is “show time” as your TV says. Grok sounded so funny the way he said it. Logan broke out in a smile and giggled a little. Presently, Grok’s Semi sized ship winked into view about half way up the tall building, and just sat there. The landing pylons were extended and Grok had also extended instrumentation that made the craft look far less threatening, as long as the military types didn’t figure out the purpose of the instrumentation.

John, the Camera man quickly yelled to Charlotte, the news woman. “Better get out here Char, you are not going to believe this.” Charlotte quickly scrambled out of the truck, smoothing her skirt suit and doing her best to keep her heels from sinking in the grass. The two quickly re-oriented the set up so she could stand on the sidewalk with the space ship in the back ground. The Camera man had to lie down and shoot up at her for the starter shot, and then they switched to split screen with her in one and the ship in the other. That permitted a much more photogenic angle on her.

Back at the station, where the signal from the Justice Center would be edited, the crew was laughing about the marvelous up skirt shot of Charlotte. At least she’d worn panties! “Yep, that’ll never make the air”.

Frank, looking over their shoulders, “It better not, either, John”.

Grok allowed her to talk for a minute or two and then vaporized the wall of the building, leaving a tunnel into the interior. The only noise was a loud hum and then a cloud of dust drifting away in the light breeze. Of course this set off all sorts of alarms, with the fire department arriving within a few minutes. The Feds did not like the news there and quickly moved to tell them to leave. As the Homeland Security people moved to force the issue, a huge bright beam of light originating from Grok’s ship, seared a burning ditch around the news van and the crew. Homeland Security was rather fast to get the idea.

Grok had opened a closed tunnel right into the room where the Brown family sat. Before the interrogators could move, Grok was in the room with them. Of course, those viewing the room on closed circuit TV knew all about it. The passage came in at an odd angle to avoid critical building systems and personnel in the way.

A woman began to scream as her path down a hall way was blocked by the sudden appearance of the Alien construction placed there.

Grok calmly walked over to the mirror and said through it. “Please get your supervisor in here.” He then walked over and sat in two chairs. He looked uncomfortable. “Geez guys, can’t you get something more comfortable to sit in?” The two interrogators sat there looking dumfounded for a minute, but one of them wilted under Grok’s stare and left to consult with his boss.

“OK, look, this is wasting time that we don’t have. This whole day and much of the last several weeks was meant to accustom you to our appearance. It was little Gwen’s idea that it would be best.” Grok said calmly.

Gwen started to get up and come over to Grok but one of the interrogators told her not to move.

Grok said. “I am losing patience with you, SIR!” His voice boomed out, shaking the room. “It’s OK sweetheart, you can sit on my lap.”

“We are on the verge of an invasion that will wipe all life out on this planet out. We need your help to save you and hopefully there will be a synergy between our two races and we will be able to find a way to stop them permanently.” Grok lectured the Homeland Security people.

The Interrogator had this snotty look on his face. “Look, cut the clown show will ya buddy?”

Mr. Brown looked at him. “Look BUDDY, we have been really patient with you so we did not frighten you any more than necessary. Now I am getting really tired of your superiority complex and, arrogant attitude. Take your helmet off Grok”

Grok hesitated for a moment then calmly pulled his helmet off. Inside was a scaled, reptilian face with a short snout. Grok looked at the guy for a moment and then stuck his 12” split tongue out at the guy and said “BOO!”

One of the guys behind the mirror, said, “Geez, I bet the girls love him”. He’d forgotten about Adela, a large, robust but earthy and lovable black woman in the room. “Yeah, and I bet he is much more well endowed than you, tweezer man.”

Back in the interrogation room, finally having gotten the message, the recalcitrant agent slid his chair back as far as he could and then climbed up in it, looking like he’d just seen a dragon; which in a sense he had.

Gwen, who was very used to Grok and having not entirely understood the gravity of the situation said, “Oh, Grok, please don’t burn him up.” Everyone in the room except Tweezer Man, laughed hysterically. It was a nice break from all the tension.

Julie, Martin’s wife had finally had enough. “Look, little man; sit down in your chair and start doing your damned job. I haven’t eaten in hours and neither has my child and pretty soon, I am going to let Grok take us out of here for dinner, BUDDY!”

Grok looked over at Julie and said, “Calm down Julie, don’t scratch his eyes out yet, we need him.” With that, Grok began doing his imitation of a human’s laugh which sounded like the wheeze of a horse.

Outside, it had been two hours since this all started. Everyone was waiting to see what was going on. The mobile kitchens were out, and the Police, clearly getting bored were standing around in small groups. The News Choppers had been kept outside 1 mile, but with the FLIR cameras, that was hardly a problem. Suddenly, two Military Choppers showed up; none of those dazzling flybys, they just sort of eased into place within a block of Grok’s Shuttle.

Grok had given careful instructions that the choppers be there to make it look like the Military had everything under control.

“Grok, we will make every effort to cooperate with you.” President Smith said. “I know it has taken a while to make us aware of you in a way that our security people could not keep secret.” With that Smith looked at his Chief of staff and said, “Is there any confusion here about the program now?”

“Oh, no Mr. President, Grok and his people will have our full cooperation.”

Grok said, “By the way, Mr. President, There are five of your Tactical Nuclear Weapons sitting on runways ready to be launched at my forces. Do you want to tell them to stand down or should I destroy them on the ground?”

“General Forge?” The President said. By now the President was growing really impatient.

“Grok, I am going on National Television as soon as the equipment is set up. This situation will be normalized right now. And, you have my permission to neutralize any forces which act in a hostile manner.”

The disgruntled President looked at General Forge. “Were you aware of this treachery, even after I gave my promise?” The General stood there looking at the President.

“Very well, you are relieved and will be held pending an inquiry.” The President stood there for a moment and turned to go to the oval office.

Momentarily, “My fellow Americans…”

Grok said,” Command, please verify that the President’s message is indeed on a live feed to all the networks and that they are carrying it?”

In a few moments, “Yes Captain, it is being done as you requested.”

Grok turned to Gwen’s family. “I know you are all tired and it has been a long day.” Shall we go?

“Grok?”

“Yes Child?”

“Can we stop at my favorite Hamburger place on the way home?”

His shuttle moved away from the building and began to sink to the ground with its landing pylons still extended. The homeland security guys had been given communication to pull back and the shuttle stopped about 15 feet from the ground.

The Brown Family came down a stair way and walked over to talk to Charlotte on the News Crew. A minute later, Grok came down the stairs and walked over too. No one needed to be prompted to stay away from Grok.

Logan and the rest of his family were reunited and there was a short conversation relating what had happened.

Martin Brown seemed to be the spokes person at first. “We’ve been trying to set up a peaceful meeting between Grok and the authorities for months. It is really urgent that this get through the initial phases and that our two races begin to cooperate right away. The future of both peoples rests upon this being a success. I can not tell you how urgent this is. It really is life and death.”

Charlotte seemed to recognize the seriousness of the situation, and dispensing with all the newsy methods, began asking uncharacteristically civil questions. “Mr. Brown, what will happen now that contact has been made?”

Martin stood there momentarily thinking. “Well, Charlotte, we can not move too fast on this since progress and cooperation is vital to our survival. As fast as we can, we are going to establish liaison with every government that wishes to do so because our society must advance several thousand years almost instantly.”

“Where will the Meridians settle?” She asked.

“Tonight, we are all returning to our home in eastern Oregon, and then within a week we hope to have Meridian Ground teams communicating world wide. There is going to be terrific culture shock for every one on Earth, and it is the wish of the Meridians that the cultures of each country remain intact.”

“What will happen after that?” Charlotte asked.
Martin turned to Grok. “Come on pal help me out with this.” Several people including Charlotte could be heard giggling about Martin calling Grok, Pal.

“Certainly, little buddy”, his voice sounded just like the Captain’s voice from a certain popular TV comedy about a ship wrecked pleasure boat. That did a lot to break the tension.

“OK, in big steps, we need to protect the citizens of Earth. We also need to build starships that can fight our mutual enemy. Most of all, we need the synergy that joining our two races will provide. We need a superior way to stop them from wiping us both out. We need to end this once and for all.” Grok finished.

Grok then turned to Charlotte, “Young woman, you see very calm in the face of all this.”

“Oh, thank you, um, sir. My major is in International Diplomacy, but I took this job because I thought it would be interesting.” Charlotte said.

“Well, I need someone to help us with information, would you like to come with us at least temporarily?” Grok asked.

Charlotte only had to think for a moment. “You bet”.

Grok understood her perfectly, but wanted to add some humor to help people feel more at ease. “Oh, young Woman, I do not need to bet you, but I do need your help”.

Grok may not have realized it but by recruiting a Woman first, it made him acceptable to at least half the population on Earth.

Later that evening on the helipad at Providence Hospital, little Danica, the child who'd been shot in the Shopping Center, and her Mom were delivered to waiting hospital personnel.

The girl and her Mother were left at the hospital and three Medical Interns got on the ship. In video conferences that had lasted hours, Median and Human Doctors talked about little Danica; how the shot had severed the Axillary vein returning to the heart from her left arm, just before its junction with veins leaving the neck. It is a wound that would have been fatal had the girl not been in the care of individuals with very advanced techniques in such a short time. In human terms, the Meridians had slowed time by a factor of 60 in the immediate area of her body.

That gave them time to effectively kidnap one of the Doctors from Providence Hospital, and working together, devise an successful treatment plan. They combined materials and skills that were compatible to humans from Meridian medical stores. The girl would live! Once the emergency was over, she still faced normal human convalescent protocol.

MONTHS LATER

Martin Brown leaned back in his chair and surveyed the flat basin outside the window of his new office. Sometimes he just had to stop for a while and do nothing while his mind hopelessly tried to catch up.

The Brown home on the rim of the canyon had become the hub of activity for a week or so and then this office, adapted from several double wide manufactured homes was set in place. Stretched across the flat expanse of sage brush and grasses, lay the staging area for several buildings that were going up. A network of hard surface roads and landing pads had literally sprung up over night.

Grok was the real leader in the war effort. It was easy for Martin to see that. Still the regard that Grok showed for him and all the other humans just astonished him. Grok was very careful to fully engage humans and Meridians alike in the effort. There simply was not any time for any “Idols’ to be created.

Working together, 11 small war ships were under construction on Earth. 21 were being built on the Moon. There were plans for construction sites on Mars. The moon and Mars were harder because the shell needed to be air tight before work could be performed suit-less.

The construction of the carbon based biological control systems was being done 10,000 feet deep in the Pacific Ocean off Japan. The depth eliminated the requirement for heavy pressure vessels to manufacture them. The Japanese seemed to have an inherent interest and aptitude for the skills needed, so most of that work was quickly “deeded” to them. Of all the races on Earth, so far the Japanese seemed most adaptable to the Meridians.

Several of the ships were being constructed on the flat desert of Saudi Arabia. Once the Mullahs and Princes understood the threat, the whole nation took it on as a sort of “Jihad”. The Meridians adapted easily to the desert heat there since it was almost as warm as their long destroyed home planet.

Little Gwen and Julie were over there now, working on understanding some housing issues for the workers at the camps. It had been decided early on that there would be no expatriate housing; that those who worked on the ships in Saudi Arabia would work out their differences.

“Look Gentlemen, no Meridian wants to destroy your society, but I must tell you that it is absolutely necessary for the survival of the human race that old grudges and differences go away. The only word that is operative here is “immediately”” Grok had used his deepest, most rumbling voice to convey his message.

In response, many of the ages old cultural differences just evaporated. The Burqua disappeared from the work site. The mini skirt and skimpy tank tops never arrived. The word “Kufur” disappeared from the Muslim vocabulary. The focus was on building ships and cooperation.

The prayer of five times a day still happened, but many of the Wudu observances were truncated. World wide, visitors from other countries, adopted simplified customs compatible to the host country. There was only time for one task.

In Saudia, the old customs remained. Any woman in that country wore the modest clothing. If they did not want to do that, they did not come.

11 year old Gwen began searching through the files on her computer for the proposal that Mom and her had brought for the universal Hijab. She had to be careful to wipe her fingers after each bite of food. The meal they were sharing with the other women was just out of this world. The Women had done something to the meat and it had this lemony flavor to it. The Dates were great too!

Julie was talking to several of the Muslim Women, “Ok Ladies, we want all this to be the least painful for you. This is your country and we have no desire to destroy your way of life, and we all must face the need to adapt to the events unfolding about us. We’ve reviewed your complaints and now we have a response to them which we hope will make life easier for you all.”

“Gwen, show us the Hijab model that the Meridians designed for us.” Julie said.

“Sure Mom. We think that you will enjoy this Hijab. It looks a lot like what you call an Al-Amira Hijab. It also incorporates power cells to keep your head cool or warm according to outside conditions. It also completely blocks harmful UV. We are asking that you adopt other clothing that is appropriate for your work task. I think you will find it all keeps you covered. The Meridians are sharing anything you want to know about how to keep cool too.” Gwen said.

Please notice that there are no hanging edges or loose flaps. For the first time in Muslim history, women will work right along side men in completing this vital task. We really understand the coverings but there will come times when it is simply not possible. I hope that we can work out solutions that will make everyone comfortable.

A beautiful middle aged Saudi woman, reached up to remove her Hijab. Some of the other women did too, and some gasped in dismay. “The removal of the Hijab in your presence is a sign that we accept you as sisters and not Kufur. I believe that Allah SWT wants this.” She said.

“Yes and the forbidding of pork and music in public is a further proof that you want to respect our customs. We thank you so much for that.” Another young woman said. It was obvious that her eyes were brimming with tears and she was deeply moved by that concession.

Julie asked,” So, does that mean the present objections are satisfied?”

“My name is Hala Maksoud. I will admit that I am often not a good Muslimah, but I try very hard. I have long been criticized for wanting to be more western. This way I can be western and please my husband.” She said.

“I am Huda, what is your name child?” She asked

“As Salaam Alaykum, Huda, my name is Gwen” Gwen looked so proud to be able to surprise the woman with a common Saudi greeting.

All the other women laughed, clapped and trilled.

“Oh, child, you honor us much.” Hala said.

Most of the women who had held back became involved and as they became acquainted, true friendship among the women began to develop. There were two who all this was too much for. Huda and Julie saw them leave as they talked.

“Oh dear, I do hope that they can eventually begin to accept all this.” Huda said.

“Huda, I know that this is all a huge shock for your people. We are going to tell the others that national customs in all countries must not disappear. With all the other shocks, the customs of a people are the only link to sanity that they have.” Julie said.

Little arms went around Julie’s waist. “Moom, I am really tired. Can we go to bed for a while?” Gwen visibly sagged against Julie’s soft side.

Huda looked down at little Gwen. “Oh child, you must be very tired; how old are you?”

“I’m 11 but all this is making me grow up too much. I’m just a little kid”!

“Yes child and far too fast, I think. You do the work of a big person without complaint” Huda said.

“Thanks” Gwen sighed. She visibly sagged against Mom’s soft side.

Huda looked at Julie. “I know that we still have much work to do but would you allow me to find a place for your child to rest?”

“You know, Gwen does so much, I forget that she is still a child; could you please?” Julie said.

The women were all housed in a Tent a few miles back from the shell of one of the war ships. It was 115 degrees outside, but due to Meridian technology, it was very comfortable in the tent.

Huda quietly led Julie and Gwen through an enclosed passage into a dimly lit tent strewn with pillows and light blankets.

“What do you think about taking a nap here, Habibi?” Huda asked.

Gwen let out a mix of a soft sigh and plaintive sob. She just dropped to the sleeping pad in front of her. Julie covered her with a light blanket. “Thank you.” Gwen said softly.

“Huda, what is a Habibi?’ Gwen asked

“It means sweet heart” She said softly.

Julie and Huda looked down at the child. “I think she is already asleep.” Huda whispered.

The two women turned and began walking back to the other tent. Behind them, a contented smile spread across the face of the child.

“Damn”, Martin swore, as he watched his toast slither off his plate and into the sink full of soapy dish water. “Oh, well, I’m probably getting a little fat. Man, I need Julie to be here, I am married, not a bachelor!” He roared, suddenly losing his temper. Deep inside he knew he only missed her. It seemed like it was the small things that set him off. His habit in the morning was two fried eggs and two pieces of buttered toast, with peanut butter on one and Jelly on the other. By now his coffee was getting cold. Julie made it all seem so easy, he lamented to himself.

Logan and 19 other men were training on the Meridian ship systems. They had already made several trips out past Pluto. They’d even done trips outside the solar plane. A trip to Mars and back was about 3 hours.

“Well, Andus, is there any hope?” Grok asked.

“Old friend, this is our last chance, there must be hope. The humans are very intelligent and would have been much more advanced had it not been for the aggressiveness that they unleash on each other. “

“Do you have a genetic correction to propose?”

“I would but if I use it, they will be more docile and that could easily backfire. Their males seem bent on dominating their mates, but the women seem adequately accommodative as long as more advanced societal structures are in place. Saudia will be our model for that region. They seem most adaptable to an increased role of their women, and surprisingly the women seem most adept at prodding the men to achievement. There is one country in the area where the Men seem particularly primitive, and we may just eliminate them.

“What is that area called?”

“Afghanistan”.

On Sunday, Gwen and her Mom arrived back in Oregon. The Sun was just coming up.

“Mom, do you think Daddy is up yet? Gwen said.

“I don’t know sissy. Please don’t wake him. I just know what that house is going to look like and I want to straighten it up and cook Daddy breakfast.”

Gwen got a quizzical look on her face. “Mom, I’ll help you.”

Later, Julie and Gwen had waded though the mess that poor Martin had made of the Kitchen. She’d fixed Martin Eggs, Waffles, and Saudia Lamb.

With all the construction around the house, Martin had turned a fan on full in the bedroom to mask the sound. He had been so tired the night before that he’d taken a sleeping pill and was really out of it. Julie let him sleep until 9:00 AM and then went into the Bedroom.

Julie eased up on the bed, and Martin began to stir. When she eased down and kissed him wetly full on the mouth, his eyes popped open.

“Mmmmm.” Martin hummed. “Are you trying to start something Missy?”

“Maybe later; I had a nice chat with Huda while I was in Saudia. She was telling me of Saudi women’s ways.”

“I have really missed you. Are you going to spoil me?” Martin said sleepily.

She wiggled out of his grasp and sprang to the floor. “Come on Za’og, your breakfast is waiting” she said affectionately.

“Huh?’

Later at breakfast, “Julie, I am so happy you are home, I was missing you a lot.” Martin said appreciatively.

She moved around to his side and he placed his arm around her hips since he was sitting and she was standing. “I missed you too Sweetums”. She buried his head below her breasts, hugging him tightly. When his hands began to roam too intimately, she quickly wiggled out of his grasp as she giggled provocatively.

“Hey” Martin said.

“Hey what?”

What is Zog?

“Zog?”

“Oh, you mean Za’og.” That is Arabic for husband.

“Oh, I thought that it was something that Grok taught you.”

Gwen sat there eating her breakfast. She was taking it all in without saying anything. “I wonder if Huda will teach me like she did Mom?” She thought.

Would the Humans and the Meridians defeat their common enemy? Grok stood there looking at the predictive plot for the enemy. It appeared that using various counter measures, their arrival could be delayed for another two earth years. What would happen then? The humans were such enthusiasts of chaos. He’d begun the education on weapons systems. Now they needed one of the earthlings to make a connection that his race had missed. The humans were working under seemingly unbearable pressure.

It had been a good decision not to transplant his culture to earth. He was allowing the humans to maintain their own cultural barriers. Except for that one dry and arid country which seemed so bent on tormenting half its population.

That morning, he’d decided to set the Mother Ship down in the Mountains of Afghanistan. He’d decided to manage that population himself. There seemed to be a virulent presence there. It would be good recreation for his men in their rest periods.

up
75 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wow!

Picking up a story after such a long hiatus must have been hard. I think you did a good job with the continuity overall.

I especially liked the proposal about dealing with the men in Afghanistan.

Saved on Stick Memory

Thank you. I must have had a drive failure or somesuch, so afterward, knowing that I had worked very hard on this tale I must have saved parts of it on sticks.

As I said, I am no Computer genius, so I have a TB on my computer and 2 each 1TB on USB ports. I suppose it will all come crashing down someday.

Peace

Gwen