The Past Comes Knocking Part 1

Printer-friendly version

Manor House, Ravenstonedale, England.
Archie was looking through the items stored in one of the buildings they didn’t use anymore except for storage. He spots several paintings taken from the house and put into storage. He lifts the cover of one of the paintings and saw it was a portrait of his father’s first wife holding his half-sister.

He could still recall the day she broke into the manor house and killed their father. The crazy look on her face and the bloody knife she had used. Before anyone could do anything to stop her, she jumped through one of the stained-glass windows and disappeared.

He finds a trunk that was locked that belonged to his father. He manages to use one of the keys to open the chest. When he opened the trunk, he found that it was loaded with books and files. One file caught his attention because it was in a hospital envelope.

When he opened it and reviewed the contents, he discovered that the file contained his half-sister’s birth certificate. It also included another birth certificate as well. It belonged to his half-sister’s twin. He digs through the trunk and looks for any pictures of his half-siblings.

The only one he finds while looking through everything was a picture of his half-sister when she was a baby. He also finds the death certificate issued by the mental hospital his sister supposedly died at. He knew that wasn’t true because he had heard rumors about her killing people in London and elsewhere.

He gathers all the paperwork up and takes it back to his bedroom. He was going to locate his sisters and bring them together. He scans all the paperwork and stores it on a portable hard drive.

Later in the evening, while eating dinner with his mother and new stepdad, he looks at his mother, “Mom, I wondered if it’s okay with you and Dad. I want to visit America with some friends of mine during Summer break.”

Arthur looks at his stepson. “What has brought this on? I thought you and your friends planned to stay in England this summer.”

“That was the original plan, Dad. But we discussed it and want to see some bands and places this year.” Archie couldn’t tell his parents why he wanted to go to America.

“I don’t know. You’re still under twenty-one.” Maddison looks at her son.

“By a few months, Mom.” Archie knew he could go without their permission, but he respected his parents too much to go against them. Also, they would be footing the bill for his flight and stay in America.

“True. Let me and your father talk about it, Archie.”

“Deal.” Archie feels his mother will agree.

The Abbey, St. Ives, Cornwall, England:
Amelia couldn’t believe how busy they were. She was glad that the lockdown had been lifted. It had hurt her and her husband’s pockets badly.
She did everything she could to keep as many of her staff working. They had gone from eating at the restaurant to a pickup and delivery place during the lockdown.

“Hey Amelia, when did you do MMA fighting?” Charlie looks at his boss as he takes his break.

“What are you talking about, Charlie?” Amelia looks over at her childhood friend.

“I’m talking about this.” Charlie gets up, walks over to Amelia, and shows her the fight he just watched on YouTube.

Amelia watches the fight and notices the red hair woman fighting looks identical to her. She watches as the woman knocks out her opponent with her fist.

“That’s not me, Charlie. I haven’t been out of England except on my honeymoon with Arnold.” Amelia must admit that the woman she had just
watched looked like her. Amelia hands Charlie his cell phone back.

“That’s not all.” Charlie brings up a picture of the woman with a handsome man standing next to her at a social event.

“What now?” Amelia finishes cooking the order and puts it up to be carried out.

“This.” Charlie shows the picture to Amelia the image.

She couldn’t believe how much the woman looked like her. She had the same facial features and hair hairstyle.

“Where was this picture taken?” Amelia was curious.

“It says here that the picture was taken at SONY HALL. New York, NY.”

“When was that picture taken?” Amelia was curious.

“A year ago. It says here that her name is Aylin Jagger, and she owns Helping Hands Outreached.” Charlie looks up at Amelia.

“I might call my mom and see if she is of any relation to me.” Amelia knew she had been adopted.

Her parents had told her when she turned fifteen years old. It initially shocked her, but she realized she was always different from her siblings and cousins. No one in the family had her looks or hair color.

Charlie saw what time it was. “I better get back to work.” He tucks his cell phone in his back pocket.

Amelia watches as Charlie walks off and returns to his spot on the line. He was a good line cook, and she was glad she managed to keep him during the pandemic. She goes back to cooking the orders coming in.

Helping Hands Outreached, New York:
Aylin looked at the response from Mr. Slim about the property she wanted to buy from him. The asshole wanted three times the price of what the property was worth. Because she wanted to turn it into affordable housing for people experiencing homelessness in that area. The bastard wanted to squeeze as much money from her as possible.

She stands up, walks over to the window in her office, and looks out of it. She has bought up all the other surrounding property to build on. The owners of those properties had been reasonable and accepted her offer. An evil smile appears as she walks over to her desk. If this asshole wants to play hardball, she’ll show him she could be his worst enemy.

She takes her cell phone out and presses the number six button. She listens as the other phone rings, and a familiar voice answer, “Hello?”

“Hey Jessie, I need a favor.”

“All your favors are used up, Hatter. This one will cost you.” Jessie knew Hatter only called him when she needed something illegal done.

“Fine, send me what you need. I need you to dig into a person’s background for me and find me some dirt I can use against them.”

Aylin remembers the lessons her mother gave her. She said if you can’t kill someone, blackmail them.

“Who’s the person you have in your sights?” Jessie knew never to piss off Hatter because she would get revenge one way or another.

“Davis J. Slim. I want you to dig into all his business dealings and private life.” Aylin spins around in her high-back leather chair and looks out the window behind her.

“Do I want to know what he did to piss you off?” Jessie was sure that this was a revenge mission.

“Nope, just get me the information, and I’ll reimburse you.”

“On it.” Jessie ends the call and starts working on Aylin’s request.

Aylin closes her cell phone and grabs some cash from her purse. She was going to have lunch at her favorite food truck. As she exited her office, she looked over toward Tammy. “I’m going to go and get some lunch. Would you like anything?”

“A pineapple smoothie, if you don’t mind.” Tammy liked the last one Aylin brought her.

“No problem.” Aylin starts walking towards the main entrance in the lobby.

She wonders if Michael is working today since she helped him get a job in the Parks and Recreation department. He had a little difficulty adjusting to having a full-time job, but he managed. She learned that he loved working outside and was good with plants.

She doesn’t spot him as she approaches her favorite food truck. She placed her order while it was being made. She orders a smoothie for Tammy. She leaves a hefty tip at both food trucks as she returns to her office.

up
151 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Never piss off Hatter

Samantha Heart's picture

Hasn't any one learned that yet? Guss not lol. As for England it seams things are getting interesting. I look forward to more of this story

Love Samantha Renée Heart.