A Personal Journey

Printer-friendly version


standardv2Sedfa67eea496e96f3db4e4ea208e96c0-gigapixel-low resolution-4x.jpg

The length of it had increased, and the office staff was beginning to notice. I gradually started to dominate the gossip circuit. There were moments when I heard the women laughing behind my back, and it was only frowns from the men's side. To be honest, it was a little upsetting and annoying, but I tried my best to ignore it and kept going. Then, at one point, all of my coworkers started nagging me to cut my hair since they found it to be highly distracting (though they never gave an explanation for this). They also told me about the shocking office hair length guidelines for guys, which completely caught me off guard.

We're supposed to keep our hair below our shoulders, so knowing how long mine had grown, I knew I was going to have one of those conversations with my supervisors. Yes, eventually, one of my managers gave me the go-ahead to get the cut; they made it very apparent that I had to accept the cut or begin drafting my resignation letter. But for some reason, I didn't want to cut my hair; in fact, I had a strong internal resistance to doing so.

For the past few months, I've been experiencing the need to grow out my hair even longer than it is now. I suddenly realised that my intense concern for the preservation of my long hair, together with its fast growth and high degree of care, had all begun a few months before when meeting with that intimidating yet stunning woman! Is it possible that she is the reason for my changes? She had that hypnotizing look when I first met her. Was it possible that she had affected not only my thoughts and desires but also the growth of my hair?

up
39 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It’s going to hurt!

Emma Anne Tate's picture

When the hair gets caught in those wheels at the bottom of the office chair, that is SO going to hurt!

Emma

True

YoloNot's picture

Consequences of long tresses.