Trey and Me

Printer-friendly version
This is a little bit different than what I've offered in the past...I do promise to eventually finish Forever Claire

Trey and Me

By Torey


 
I couldn't believe the face I saw in the mirror. It looked somewhat like me. My hair looked, well curly, styled neat. It didn't have the normal straight, drab look. It had always looked somewhat feminine. Mom never really protested when I wanted to grow well past shoulder link.

But my hair was now up and pinned. And the face looking at me was clearly mine, but with makeup, lipstick, eye shadow and mascara.

"Let me take a look at you sweetie," mom said as she held my face with her hand. "Pucker a little bit. I want to fix your lipstick a little bit."

I made a face and rolled my eyes.

"Oh stop it!" she said. "You want to look great for your very first date."

I rolled my eyes again.

"Oh come on mom, this really isn't a date," I said, pretending to protest.

Truth is I was excited about it. It was supposed to be a favor for my best friend, Trey Harrison. Trey and I had been friends since, well, forever. Our moms were best friends. We had been playing together since we were in diapers.

We were both misfits. Trey, well, he was overweight. Had been all his life. People were really cruel to him, especially kids at school. They always called him 'fatty' or 'lard butt.'

Me? Well let's just say I'm a sissy...or a janegirl as I heard my mother once refer to me. I liked doing girls' things, playing with dolls when I was younger, taking ballet...you name it. Oh yeah, I also like wearing girls' clothes, although most of the time I wasn't allowed to wear them...at least until tonight.

Well, back to the favor. Trey's mom, Laurie, has been trying to build his confidence up. She also knew about my little hobby. She somehow convinced mom that Trey would overcome his shyness around girls if we...well went on a pretend date.

Much to my amazement, or should I say shock, mom actually agreed.
 
 
So here I was, sitting in a chair in front of mom's mirror, wearing a pair of panties while mom snapped my training bra in the back. She bought them today. As far as I know, this might be the only time I get to wear them.

"Okay mom, what are you laughing at?," I said as she put a necklace around my neck.

"I can't believe it, my son looks a little Miley Cyrus," she said as I rolled my eyes again.

"Oh mom, cut it out," I said.

The frightening thing? I'm from the South. With my accent, I sort of sounded like her, too.

My mouth fell open when mom brought in the little black dress I was going to wear.

"Laurie guessed at your size," she said as I slipped into it. It seemed a little tight to me as mom zipped up the back.

"I think she did a good job guessing your size," she said as I looked at myself in the mirror...or at least I thought it was myself. I don't want to sound conceited, but there was a stunnigly beautiful girl staring back at me.

"Who taught you to primp?" mom asked.

"Um, nobody," I said with a smile. To me, it sort of came natural. Or at least it felt natural.

My heart jumped when I heard the door bell.

"Oh my gosh mom, they're here!"

Mom rushed downstairs. She joked she wanted me to make my "grand entrance."

I was still incredibly nervous as I slowly walked down the stairs.

"Wow, look at you!" Trey said.

"Oh my gosh, Taylor, you are gorgeous," his mom said. "Who knew he would make such a stunning girl, Beth?"

"I know Laurie, I'm a little amazed myself," mom said.

"Wow, Trey, you look sharp," I said, and he did. He wore I pretty hip shirt and blue jeans.

"Okay you too, I want to get a picture," his mom said as she pulled out her digital camera.

Trey was surprised, heck even I was surprised when I locked arms with him. I blushed, but seemed relieved when he smiled.

"Here is the part where she says 'you two make such a cute couple,' " I snickered to Trey.

"You're right," he said.
 
 
This was definitely a different adventure for us. Trey was never a big fan of my sissy pursuits. But there were times when I could be all-boy. We played war, built tree houses, went searching for tadpoles and crawdads in the creek. We also played with action figures.

This...well, was turning out to be an experience neither of us would soon forget.

"I've got something for you," Trey said, pulling a small bouquet of flowers from behind a lamp that he had hidden.

"Awe Trey, how sweet!" I said in the most girlish tone of voice I could use.

Impulse, well then, I acted on weird impulse. I kissed him on the cheek...scary, I know. I mean, I never thought of myself as gay. Never been attracted to boys. I just did it.

Our moms, well they laughed.

"Now that was really sweet, Taylor," Trey's mom said.

"Well, Laurie, where are you taking them?" mom asked.

"I'm taking them to the mall in Mechanicsburg," she said. "I thought they could get something to eat, walk around and then watch Harry Potter. No one knows them there, so there shouldn't be a problem."

I'd been wanting to see the latest Harry Potter movie since it came out. But all I could think of was what Trey thought of the kiss as we walked to the car.

Trey, he was the perfect gentleman. If he was upset by it, he didn't show it. I was still a little embarrassed.

"Sorry Trey, I don't know what came over me," I whispered as the car sped away from our house.

He grabbed my hand, which sort of caught me by surprise.

"For what?" he whispered back. "Tonight, you're my girl. That's what girls do."

I pondered that for a second, then locked my arm with his and leaned closer to him. I found myself sitting actually in the middle of the back seat.

"Alright you two, no making out in the back seat," his mother said.

"Oh mom, get for real," Trey said. "We're only 14."

"Yeah, Mrs. Harrison, we're only 14," I chimed in.

"Ummm...you smell good," I whispered to Trey as we pulled up to the mall. I'd like to pretend it was all just an act, but he really did! He told me it was a cologne his mother picked up.

"Okay you two, I'll be back to pick you up at 9:45, right after the movie," she said as we crawled out of the car. "Have fun."

"We will!" we both said as we watched her drive away.
 
 
He continued to hold my hand as we walked into the mall. I pretty much wrapped my arm around him. I remembered our moms' words back at the house as I saw our reflection on one of the shiny, marble walls at the mall. We really did actually make a good couple.

It was turning out to be an interesting evening. Okay, I'll admit it, it was turning out to be an enchanted evening. There, I said it.

We talked about things we'd never talked about before. Trey told me how he was looking forward to playing football, but what he really wanted to be was an engineer once he graduated college. He wanted to build rockets.

I told him I wanted to be a professional dancer, but I was unsure what I wanted to be after that. A lawyer, a school teacher, I wasn't for sure.

"Well, we're only 14," he said with a laugh. "We don't have to decide now."

I rolled my eyes. Sure, he was a little chunky. But he was also downright charming. He didn't seem to be too nervous around me. If he was like this around other girls...I mean real girls...He would really do okay.
 
 
We had a nice dinner in the food court and went walking around through the stores before the movie began.

"I think you'd look cute in that," he said as we walked by a mannequin wearing a yellow polka dot bikini like the one in that yogurt commercial. "You're going to where a teenie, weenie yellow polka dot bikini," he sang.

"Oh stop it!" I said, giving him an elbow. Deep down, I actually liked the ribbing. And I really wouldn't mind wearing that bikini "for the first time" someday.

The night went really quick. Harry Potter was a little bit darker than the previous movies. There were actually a couple of scarier moments. I found myself leaning over on Trey, who put his arm around me.

"You're safe with me, Miss Granger," he whispered, calling me by the last name of my favorite character. I have to admit I was a bit sad when Dumbledore died. Yes I cried, but only for a minute. And Trey says no one will ever know.

"Well, did you two enjoy the movie?" his mom asked when she picked us up outside. She also asked how the entire evening went. We were a bit mum on that. There were some things neither mother need to know. But I assured her Trey was the perfect gentleman, which he was.

He proved it when our "date" was over. He walked me to my door. I told him I had a great time, that he shouldn't have a problem when it came to dating real girls, that he was real sweet.
 
 
Our moms were watching the whole time, I guess being real curious. Maybe I wanted to give them a show, I dunno.

"Trey, if you want, you can give me a kiss.." I told him.

He gave me one on the cheek.

I don't know what came over me next. I kissed him back. In the lips!

What he thought, I'm not quite sure. He mentioned something about me coming over there house to swim this weekend as he said goodbye.

Something tells me, he's not going to want to play Marco Polo. He started singing as he walked back to his mom's car.

"You'll wear an itsy, bitsy, teenie, weenie, yellow polka dot bikini...that you'll wear on the first time...Saturday!"


 

up
121 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cute

Cute start, I'm looking forward to seeing where this takes Miss Taylor.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Weighty issue

It would seem that Taylor as a girl is less bothered by Trey's weight than Taylor as a boy is. Which is good, IMHO. But I wonder at the motives of the two's mothers for setting this up in the first place. Maybe I can see Taylor's mom starting to accept Taylor as a girl, but agreeing to this date right off the bat? An Trey's mom, why is she so gung-ho about having Taylor go out with her son, even to the point of buying Taylor what sounds to be a very sexy LBD. Way too much effort being expended for a one night appearance. There has to be some sort of agenda going on that Taylor isn't aware of. Yet.

Hope you do more of this soon!

KJT


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

That does seem...

...like a good word to describe what's going on. "Agenda." On the other hand, Taylor seems to be taking to things so well--and on a first outing, no less--that I wonder if it's less about the mothers >starting< to accept, and more about them deciding that they've waited long enough for Taylor. Maybe?

-Liz

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

Best Friends

ake very good marraige partners.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Nice start, I'm looking

Nice start, I'm looking forward to see where this goes.

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Torey, Nice Story

but is this a new serial?

This story is off to a great

This story is off to a great start. It's fantasy at its best. I look forward to more. Please keep it coming!

I like it!

Hi Tory, great start, easy to read.

good luck

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Something I just noticed on re-reading...

Edeyn "I'm taking them to the mall in Mechanicsburg," she said.

...

Mechanicsburg? Is this before or after Agatha Heterodyne reclaims the city? Are either Trey or Taylor sparky at all?


Edeyn Hannah Blackeney
Wasn't it Jim Henson who said, "Without faith, I am nothing," after all? No, wait, that was God... Sorry, common mistake to make...

Genius

Podracer's picture

I picked up the Mechanicsburg thing too - I follow GG at work on lunch break, but I really got the bikini song stuck in my head to the point of distracting me from the page ;)
This mock date went a little too well..

"Reach for the sun."