Pink? Why Pink? - Part 16

Printer-friendly version
"Girl, you pack some serious power, did you know that?" My sister said.

  

Pink? Why Pink?
Part 16
 ©2012 - Andrea Ribeiro

  

"Is there anything you want to do or you want to go home now?" Dad asked me after we left.

"Tough choice, dad. I do want to go home, but I am starving right now." I said and my stomach decided it was a good time to give us a growl.

"I can see that, actually I could hear that." Dad said trying not to laugh and not doing a very good job at it.

"What about we go to Mac D's and use the drive through? That way you could eat at home." He suggested.

"Sounds good, dad."

"And they don't have burritos." He said and I just rolled my eyes.

So, that's what we did. I ended up getting half a dozen McFish sandwiches, with fries of course.

"Why the fish, Mel?" Dad asked me because I never liked them very much.

"I just felt like it. It's not a big deal. I told you that some things tastes a bit different for me now, and the tuna salad from lunch tasted heavenly. So I decided to see if I am aquiring a taste for fish. Also the fish sandwich here has more fat than the beef or chicken ones."

"Okay, I was just wondering."

  

###

  

Somehow I manage not to eat.... much in the car. I just ate some fries on the way home as it was just a couple minutes drive. No, I didn't touch the fish sandwiches. I didn't want to make a mess in the car, dad would have kittens if I did."

So we went home, yes my home. When we arrived, mom was there overseeing the repairs. They hired one of MJ's dad school friends to repair the hole I accidentally made. When we got inside, the hole was no more and everything looked normal. Of course mom was happy about that.

"Thank you so much." Mom was telling him. He was a big guy, maybe 6'4" and had a good body and handsome face. Shit! I gotta stop doing that.

I decided to eat while they were talking because I was starving. Didn't I say that already?

"That was fast." Dad said.

"It was amazing, John. He just made the concrete pour out from his hands and it filled the hole, hardening in place. Covering the hole took just a minute at most. The rest of the time was spent painting the ceiling and replacing the tiles on the bathroom floor. He did a great job."

"Thanks for the compliment, ma'am." The man said.

"Didn't I tell you to call me Carol?"

"Sorry, ma.. I mean Carol."

"You do a great job, Russell." She told him.

"I just did what I can do naturally. I always liked to fix things, and my powers allowed me to do that on a bigger scale. Too bad not many companies hire mutants for big construction works."

"That's a shame." Dad said.

"Yeah, the construction syndicates won't allow that. They say we would take too many normal human jobs."

"They are a bunch of closed minded idiots. With someone like you, the construction would get ready faster an cheaper and more people could be hired for other things than pouring concrete."

"Yes, there is always both sides, hopefully things will change in the future. I'm gathering my own construction crew and hope to be able to build or remodel homes soon for a much more competitive price."

"Oh, you'll do remodeling?" Mom said with a very exited tone in her voice and dad looked worried.

  

###

  

A little while later, sis and MJ arrived wanting to know what happened during the day.

"It went pretty well. The MCO guy was just an overgrown bully and got put in his place quickly enough. I even got my temp MID."

"That's cool. Can we see it?" Sis asked and I got it from my purse to give to her. Yes I am using a purse. What am I supposed to do. These clothes don't have any functional pockets.

"So you decided to go with Mirage Rose?" MJ asked.

"Yeah, I probably could get away with pink light but I didn't want anything that remotely resembled a variation of the Green Lantern name."

"I like it. It sounds sexy." MJ said.

"I also got to see Sue's mom."

"How did that go?" Sis and MJ asked in unison.

"It went pretty well. When they hugged was a very touching moment."

"Who hugged who?" Sis asked.

"Sue and her mother. Oh, I made a construct wan sue was able link to it."

"What do you mean?"

I think I'll have to show them. Thankfully I don't feel tired anymore. Maybe my regen helps me in recovering my energy levels?

'Sue, do you want to come out and play with the girls for a few minutes?'

'Do you really need to ask?'

This time it was much easier and in no time at all, Sue was standing there behind them.

"Hi guys." She said cheerfully.

Both girls turned and jumped when they saw Sue in all her pink glory.

"Shit, you scared us." MJ said.

"Are you Sue?" My sister asked.

"No I'm the Pink Panther. Can't you see my sense of style? My good looks?" She said and giggled. "Sorry I couldn't resist. Yes I'm Sue and I am so glad to be able to talk to you guys"

It took no time at all for her to start hugging them. I on the other hand, had other plans. I just had an idea and wanted to try it out.

I sneaked out and went to my room. I wanted to be laid down when I did this. So that's what I did, closed my eyes, visualized the construct I wanted and visualized the link and strengthened it, but this time I didn't pull back, I decided to try to do the linking myself.

I felt something shift and suddenly I wasn't laying down anymore, I was standing and looking at my bed where my could see myself laid down.

"It worked." I said through my new mouth.

I went downstairs and found the girls chatting happily together, apparently oblivious of my absence. I went behind them and tapped MJ's shoulder.

She turned around and jumped yelling her long off and that set my sister and Sue off and they also screamed.

Dad and mom came running just as I said with my new voice "What? Haven't you ever seen a Pink Panther before?" Yes, I looked just like the Pink Panther from the cartoons.

"Mel? Is that you?" Dad asked.

"And we got a winner." I said.

"Dammit, you scared me." MJ said and punched me on my arm.

"How did you do it?" My sister asked.

"Probably the same way she did to let me control this one. She projected her consciousness to that one." Sue said.

"Yep, but it does feel odd to be inside a non human construct."

"Can you change it?" MJ asked.

I decided to try and change the construct, but change into what? To keep it simple I changed into a copy of my own body.

"It seems I can." I said after taking a look at myself. Luckily when I changed I also visualized the clothes I had on. So for all the perverts out there, I wasn't naked.

"Oh wow. How does it feel?" My sister asked.

"Not much different than being in my own body. Talking about that I better let this construct go. Last time I could hold Sue's body for almost 50 minutes. With two constructs, who knows?" I said and let the construct go.

"There you are." MJ said hugging me after I went downstairs.

"Girl, you pack some serious power, did you know that?" My sister said.

"Yeah, I noticed that. Unfortunately it comes with a monthly fee."

"A monthly fee?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, periods." Sue said picking up on what I meant and dad went green as the women laughed.

  


  
To be continued….
  

Hi everyone. You know the drill, right? Comment, press the kudos button, blah blah blah blah.

Seriously I love to hear your opinions. Even if I don't answer every single one of the comments I DO read them all and they CAN give me ideas for the story too, so they DO have an impact of how the story develops. It might also keep me from going back into a serious case of writer’s block.

Hugs, Andrea.

up
284 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sorry for the short chapter,

Sorry for the short chapter, but I felt it was such a good place to stop that I couldn't resist. Hopefully there will be a new one tomorrow.

Hugs to everyone,
Andrea

Cute story

I'm enjoying this, I look eagerly for the next chapter, respectfully I suggest you get hold of an editor/Proofreader as some episodes ave weird typos and stuff. Is the name Mary Sue some sort of ironic name? I cannot see her being THAT much of a Mary Sue character so far :).

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

Actually it was meant more

Actually it was meant more like a cute name. It was just Mel's luck that her avatar spirit has not only a cute name, but an ironic one as well.

As for the typos it is probably due to the fact I am writing using a tablet these days. I'll try to be more careful from now on.

Hugs,
Andrea

A monthly fee!

revolution's picture

poor dad, the sea of estrogen is infinitely deep.

Great chapter.

You beat me to it!

A monthly fee indeed! This one was fun!
hugs
Grover

Pink? Why Pink? - Part 16

Wondering what remodeling plans her mom has in mind?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Probably a bigger kitchen and

Probably a bigger kitchen and extra food storage.

Hugs,
Andrea

interesting ablility

She could use a construct like this in situations that might be too dangerous for her body - for example, would a construct need air? If not she could say build a base on the moon, for example ...

DogSig.png

humor

its always a good ideal if you can keep your sense of humor, an freaking out the sister a little is just a bonus.
good one, thanks

Neet

Now for the two of them to do a visit at a nursery or children's ward, they could do a stint as a pink my little pony and a pink telatuby.

NOOOOO! Not the pink

NOOOOO! Not the pink teletuby. That's even scarier than a 30 feet tall dancing pink Hello Kitty.

Oh the nightmares I had because my niece watched them all the damn time.

Pink Panther

Hahah... Extra kudos for a guest appearance of the Pink Panther.

"comes with a monthly fee"... That was a good line too.

Lisa

The Terrible Twosome

Oh boy, the pranking opportunities of Mel and Sue working together...
(Bet you didn't realise there was a British comedy duo by that name when creating the characters!)


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Mel and Sue?

Yes, they can definitely stir up some trouble. But just think how well they're going to get along with the J team. With three fertile minds coming up with pranks, the rest of Whateley won't stand a chance!

But pink shoulder angels is soooooo last year.

Hi, I'm British :)

Yeah I know about Mel and Sue, I used to watch their Afternoon show - it was this weird slightly bitchy Lunchtime chat show type thing, the dark haired one is quite snide and bitchy, the blonde is kinda cooky and nicer - at least, this is their stage personae.

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

Monthly Fee

Maybe she can lay in bed and attend class with her construct during those hard times. I think she should talk to Jade for ideas. Also, Mary Sue ought to attend classes, too.