The Beginning - part 9. Confessions

Printer-friendly version

The beginning part 9 – Confessions

At first, I felt unsure how I got in my bed. Then some faint memory came back where I remembered Mary taking me by the hand and tucking me into bed. I looked at the alarm clock and saw that it was only five after seven. I recalled last night’s events which made me smile. Warm and fuzzy feelings overcame my body while thinking about reuniting with my best friend, my sister Mary. Being aware that she has always known that I am a girl made me feel ticklish inside. We are sisters and always will be.

I looked out the window and saw the first gleam of sunshine breaking through the clouds. The day after Thanksgiving was here.I am glad that we had a great Thanksgiving day. It is one of my favorite holidays. Thanksgiving is all about family goodness. At least in my family. I know that there are other families out there who are dealing with high stress during any holiday or event. Not my family! My parents always made sure that our family events were low key and that everyone treated each other with respect.

I walked out of my room and entered the upstairs hallway of our beautiful house. Everything was still mostly dark but enough light was coming through the windows so that I could see where I was walking. I walked slowly and careful not to make any noises because I did not want to wake up my other family members. I went downstairs into the kitchen and started looking for breakfast items. While I rummaged through the kitchen cabinet looking for a plate and a mug, I wondered what will happen today. I set myself up in the dining room with breakfast and enjoyed the calmness of my house. The sun was definitely out now. It was going to be a beautiful but cold day.

After I finished breakfast I heard someone coming down the stairs. I got excited because it was my big sister.

“Good morning, babe”, she said yawning while smiling at me. She was wearing a cute pink t-shirt and some very snug black shorts. I admired her beautiful body for a second.

"Good morning, Mary," I said while smiling at her. Mary smiled right back at me and we hugged for about a minute. Finally, we let go

"We have to discuss our plans for the next few days.” Mary said.

“Yes, we have lots of things to do. Tomorrow I would like us to go to Claire’s Café. Sammy wants to meet us there. She is very excited about meeting you.” I told my sister enthusiastically.

“So am I. You can’t stop talking about her since you two became close friends," Mary said with a smile on her face.

We looked at each other for a few seconds and then Mary grew an even bigger smile.

“So, you know what is not fair? I have not seen you dressed as the true you. In order to correct this error, I have a great idea. Come with me to my room.” Mary said while suddenly taking my hand rather forcefully.

She giggled while she almost dragged me upstairs. We entered her room and Mary lead me to her bed. I loved being in her room because it is very girly but it also had a vibe of a strong woman.

“This will just take a minute. You are going to love this.” Mary insisted.

I did not know what to expect but still felt the excitement growing inside of me. I had a hunch about what we were going to do because I saw Mary rummaging through her closet. She started taking out clothes. She piled up some of them on the bed. Then she separated them into different piles. Each pile had a top, skirt, pantyhose or tights or a dress or jeans and a top. I observed what she was doing with astonishment. Then she grabbed what seemed like an old pair of panties and a training bra. She held them up with a devilish smile.
"Get naked, sis!" Mary almost ordered me.

I must have looked a little pale but of course, did what I was told. I could feel butterflies in my stomach. Mary handed over the panties and the bra and turned half-heartedly around. She still could see everything. I stripped naked and put on the panties first. They were cute pink lace panties and considering the fact that Mary wore those probably often made me almost faint. I felt even closer to my sister if that was possible at all. Mary's smile grew even wider.

Mary turned around to help me with the training bra. She handed me a cute black floral skirt, black sheer pantyhose, and a pinkish top. I put it on with Mary’s help and a huge smile on my face. Once I had everything on and Mary straightened my new clothes, she took my hand and lead me to the mirror. I looked at my true self and was astonished. So was Mary. We both smiled, giggled and hugged.

"Oh, babe. You look so pretty. You truly are my sister. I can see why you like pantyhose. It looks really good on you.” Mary said proudly.

“Yes. I love the outfit and the pantyhose feels fabulous. I love the smooth silky feel. I think I want to wear them all the time.” I said while giggling.

“Now I think I want to try the blue pretty dress you selected. Should I wear pantyhose with that one?” I asked her.

“You can. I think nude pantyhose would go well with that. I think I have some.” Mary said while looking through her underwear drawer.

She handed me a pair and I put it on together with the dress. Mary helped me zipping it. She took my hand again and lead me to the mirror.
"You look so stunning," Mary said her voice sounding proud and amazed at the same time.

I felt the same way. I walked around a bit and pretended to be on the stage like a supermodel. I blew her kisses and it was great to see Mary's reaction. She was so excited and genuinely happy for me. When I walked towards her again, her face all of a sudden became serious, almost a bit shocked looking towards the door. I turned around and saw mom standing there.

“What on earth are you two doing?” my mom asked with a firm voice. She stood there with an open mouth.

I was under shock. Time seemed to stand still. My brain was working very slowly. I could not reply and I assumed Mary felt the same way.

“Can I get an answer to my question?” mom asked us rather forcefully.

I had trouble breathing. I realized that Mary and I must have forgotten to close the door and that we giggled too often without thinking that our parent’s bedroom is not far away.

“Well, mom. Mary and I were trying on clothes and….” I started saying but mom interrupted me right away.

“Why are you in that dress? Why do you look like a girl, Randy?” my mom said rather strongly. Her voice sounded a bit hysterical now.

"Because I am a girl," I replied gaining my strength back.

My brain started working normally again. I was able to have clear thoughts. Now, mom looked like she was in shock.

“Her name is Riley and she is my sister. It is true mom and I have known for a long time. Riley and I had an important conversation yesterday and I will give her my full support. We wanted to discuss this with you around Christmas time but it looks like the secret is out now.” Mary said rather forcefully herself while walking towards me and putting an arm around my hip, pulling me close.

“You kids must have gone nuts. This is insanity.” Mom almost yelled looking at both of us in disbelief.

“Why the heck is everyone screaming? What is the meaning of this?” my dad said in a grumpy and annoyed sounding voice when he walked over to us.

“See for yourself. Randy is a girl now. He or should I say she has been trying on dresses with Mary.” Mom pointed at us while looking like she was close to tears.

Mary was holding me even tighter. She looked like a lion, ready to defend her cub.

“Dad, Randy is actually my sister Riley. She has always been a girl. I know that this must sound strange to you but this is the way it is. We should all sit down later this afternoon and discuss this.” Mary suggested sounding with.

All of a sudden, I heard a strange noise. It was my mom who burst into tears and started crying hard. I did not know what to say or do.
“But…..I have a baby boy. Randy! Don’t do this to me. I need my son to be my son. This can’t be happening…” mom rambled on. She seemed close to hysteria when dad interrupted.

“Everybody calm down. I will take your mom downstairs. Randy, get out of the dress and go to your room. I will bring you something to drink and snack in a bit. I want to see you both in an hour in the living room, properly dressed. We will have lots to discuss.” Dad said firmly but calmly.

I looked at Mary who started crying now too. I hugged her and then went to my room. I took off my dress but kept on my pantyhose and panties. Dad and mom were on their way downstairs. I did not know what to think. I took off my dress but kept on my pantyhose and panties I threw myself into my bed and started crying uncontrollably. After a while, I calmed down a bit.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door. Dad entered the room with some cookies and an iced tea in his hand.

“Are you okay?” dad asked me.

"I am not sure," I answered truthfully.

“Here are some snacks and an iced tea. I will see you downstairs in about forty minutes. Please wear your normal clothes.” Dad said and left without another word.

I reluctantly took off my pantyhose and panties. I put on a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and a sweater. It made me sad because I felt so comfortable in that dress. I felt like myself. I ate the cookies and drank the iced tea. I wondered what Mary was doing right now. I decided to read a book and stay a bit distracted that way. After a while dad called Mary and me to come downstairs.

I left my room and once I was in the hallway I saw Mary coming out of her room. We both hugged strongly. I could see that Mary must have been crying a lot.

“We will get through this. You are strong, sis.” Mary whispered in my ear. She took my hand and we walked slowly downstairs.

When I entered the living room, I saw mom and dad sitting next to each other. They both looked like they cried a lot. Mary and I both sat down next to each other. Mary started holding my hand.

“Now could you two please explain why you were trying on dresses?” dad asked us.

“Well, like Mary told mom, we wanted to tell you the news around Christmas time. I am a girl. I have always felt that way. Making friends with Samantha made me feel more comfortable and it helped me to express myself fully.” I said softly but with some determination in my voice.

“Oh, this Samantha girl told you to express yourself. This is just silly. You are not a girl. She was just using you for her own entertainment.” Mom tried to point out.

“What? Samantha is a great friend. She helped me be me. She did not use me.” I said feeling my blood pressure rising.

“Riley is right. Samantha is a good friend. She has been so much more self-confident since they met. I have always known that I have a baby sister.” Mary said convincingly.

“Nonsense. You two have been watching too much Gilmore Girls. Randy is a boy. End of story.” dad said.

Mary and I stared at each other in disbelief. Mary took my hand. She grabbed my mom’s car keys and our jackets and yelled: “We are out of here.”

We ran outside to the driveway. We got into the car and Mary backed out rather quickly as soon as I had my seat belt own. We took off and left my house behind us. I did not know what to think but felt safe because my own personal hero was driving this car to an unknown destination.

up
212 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yay!!! Riley's back!!!!

laika's picture

I've missed this series, but I have to say this chapter took me by surprise.
I admired the family's cloeseness, their communicating, their love...

But I guess there's limits to a parent's tolerance and understanding
and they don't see what Mary sees, that Riley CAN'T be the boy
they're demanding she be. It would be soul poison to live a lie.
But they seem decent, and not stupid, hopefully they'll realize this.

Until then Riley has her beautiful sister, and Samantha-
which is hopefully where they're headed,
she need lots of support right now!
~hugs, Veronica

Thank you

Thank you for the nice comment! I appreciate the support.

End of story, but without understanding

Jamie Lee's picture

Mary is a great sister, how she supports her brother with what he's experiencing. Her support is a far cry better than treating him like a freak.

Mom and dad have made an uninformed decision which could lose them both their children. Mary proved she'll support Riley by taking them out of the house before something else occurred.

Both parents need to call someone who either knows about people like Riley, or knows someone they can talk with. Because if they don't get the needed information they may just drive Randy to take desperate measures, unless Mary can support them living elsewhere.

Others have feelings too.