Just A Manicure Part 1

Printer-friendly version

It was a hot day in the early days of the summer and Julian had nothing to do. So far, all he had done that day was sit in his room and watch TV. He was getting extremely bored. So when he heard a knock on his door, he responded quickly. It was his sister, Anna

“Hey Julian, you seem bored. Why don’t you come to my room? Let’s just talk for a bit.”

Julian, who was eager to do anything, agreed.

“This day really is boring,” said Julian. “It’s just too hot out.”

“It’s so frustrating! I wanted to go swimming, but it was even too hot for that!!”

They continued to complain, talking about all the things they wanted to do. Eventually, Anna got up, and told Julian that she would be back in a minute. As she promised, she came back quickly, carrying a small box with her.

She sat down, opened the box, and began to pull things out of it. A rectangle came out, then a nail clipper. After that, came various nail polishes. She looked through them, before finally deciding on a coral color. She began to do her nails. She trimmed them, before carefully filing them into an almond shape. As they continued to talk, she pushed back her cuticles. She was about to reach for the base coat, but suddenly stopped.

“Julian, you’ve been staring at me while I’ve been doing my nails. I know you’re really bored and I bet you feel left out. Why don’t you let me do your nails too! I’ll bet that you’ll love it!” Anna said excitedly.

Julian thought about it. Even though he was really just trying to make eye contact, he had a strange urge to go with what she said.

“Maybe she’s right, it could be fun for me,” he thought. “Alright, I’ll take you up on that offer,” he said, with only a little bit of hesitance in his voice.

“Yay! This will be fun, I promise! I’ll just finish mine after.” She grabbed his right hand, and got to work. After trimming his nails the smallest bit, she began shaping them. The feeling of the file was quite strange to him. Because his nails weren’t as long as Anna’s, they ended up in a round shape instead of an almond shape. After pushing the cuticle of his index finger back, she was finally done with both hands.

“How are you liking it so far?!” she asked, with a very excited tone.

“I don’t know really, let’s just continue,” said Julian, even though he was pretty sure he enjoyed it. She started painting his left hand with the base coat. He shivered at the cold feeling, which made Anna giggle. The painting felt really good, and it was exciting him. By the time it came to drying, he was working hard to not crack a smile.

“Alright,” said Anna, “Why don’t you choose a color.” Julian began to look. There were so many colors. As he carefully looked through them, he put aside a few. After looking through them all, he looked over at the group he had made. In it there were three nail polishes: teal, lavender, and lemon colored. As he compared them, he saw his sister smiling out of the corner of his eye.

“Wow, he’s really enjoying this. I would never take this much time. Then again, I tend to know what I want, but still,” said Anna as she argued with herself internally.

“She knows,” thought Julian. “That smile says everything. She knows how much I’m enjoying this.”

After minutes of comparing and consideration, he finally chose the lemon color. “What a great choice!” said Anna. “It will look great with your skin tone, though I bet the other’s would too!” Julian blushed. Even though it was a strange compliment to give to a guy, he really felt flattered by it. She began painting his nails. This time he couldn’t contain himself, and smiled as the brush stroked against his nails. Two coats, a top coat, and some drying later, his nails were done.

“How do you like them?!” Anna said excitedly.

“I kinda like them,” he said, trying to contain his excitement at how cute it made him feel. “I’ll probably take it off tonight or tomorrow.” They started up their conversation again as Anna painted her nails with the coral nail polish. Once she was done, the conversation started to fade, and Julian got up to go.

Hi all. There are going to be two versions of this story.

from here on there will be an A and B for each part

A will be a bit more fast paced
B will be relaxed

Read one or read both, just enjoy!

up
148 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos