From the Streets - Chapter 5

Printer-friendly version

Hey guys yet another chapter of From the streets for you!!! I hope you guys are enjoying your Xmas Holidays and Zoe and I wish you all a happy Xmas.

Remember again if you guys like our stories, you can support us on our Patreon
You can get access to Our stories, and other things like Games we make and Such!!! See you guys next chapter!

--SEPARATOR--

“Bloody hell,” Sophie sighed as she was backstage changing into her 8th outfit, “I've changed my clothes today more than I have in the past year. Have you seen how much these outfits are goin for? No sane teenage girl can afford em.” S he was talking mostly to herself, but there were several wardrobe ladies there.

“I can’t even afford this stuff,” a girl, about 15, laughed as she emerged wearing a pink and white gown and heels. “Left foot, right foot,” she said to herself as she took a few practice steps. It wasn’t so much the heels, as that the dress kept trying its best to ride the ground underfoot.

“You here for shoots too?” Sophie asked.

“Yup, just trying to remember how to walk in heels.” The girl giggled. “There's a new photographer out there I’ve never dealt with and I don’t want to make her mad my first day with her.”

“Oh,” Sophie giggled, “She’s great, very patient.”

“She yelled at Ashliegh.” The girl said, “You know the girl with the bleached platinum hair?”

“Okay, she’s usually very patient,” Sophie said.

An older woman spoke up, “But Ashleigh is also a seasoned model, girls, and a bit of a diva. There’s one thing to remember in this industry if you want to remain on the good graces of a photographer: listen to what they tell you, and never be a diva.”

“You’ve worked with her?” the girl asked Sophie. “Can you give me any advice?”

“Don't make kissy lips or duck lips.” Sophie stated.

“Ugh, noted,” the girl laughed. “That always looks so dumb anyway.”

“Also unless she tells you to, don’t do that pouty lip thing either. I never knew how to do it till the other day. Megan showed me how.”

“Stacy on deck,” the woman said, looking at the blonde. “Sophie, on the wings.”

Sophie sighed and got ready for her next session. Most of her tats were exposed, except for the celtic knot with a music note at the center, which was covered by makeup. Not that her clothing was all that revealing: she was a minor after all. “How many more do I have?”

“3 more I think,” an older teenage girl said handing Sophie a bottle of water while she waited. “I think you have a swimsuit, another skirt, and a dress to model.”

“Swimsuit?” Sophie squeaked. “Fook me.”

Amanda spoke up, “Legally I can object to the swimsuit if you want, but I want you to look at it first before you decide.”

“Yeah, I’ll look at it first,” Sophie said. “It’s just I’ve never worn one before.”

“One of the wardrobe ladies will help you.” The older woman stated. “Sophie you're on deck.” She took the bottled water and handed it back to the older teen, who set it where Sophie could find it on the edge of her makeup station. Everyone, even the other models, had been very friendly and supportive. She felt like she had just walked into the middle of a sorority backstage.

“Good job Sophie. Now put your hand on your hip and look at the camera like you’re mad.” Katelyn stated. “Madder. A bobby just yelled at you for not having a busking license.” She giggled. “Perfect! Now that same bobby just ripped his trousers, and you can see his heart boxers.” That caused Sophie to burst out laughing, and she snapped the photo.

“Hey Sophie,” the girl in the evening gown called from the door, “How do you stop canadian bacon from curling in the pan? Take away the tiny brooms.” Sophie absolutely burst out laughing,one of the biggest giggle fits she’s had in a long time.

“Perfect, there you go.” Katelyn said. “Okay everyone 50 minute break!” She put her camera on a table next to her Macbook.

Ashleigh sat down at her makeup counter near Sophie. “She’s not too bad,” she said as she fluffed her hair. “ I’ve dealt with way worse camera people. Plus I was kind of being a diva. In my defense I didn’t get any breakfast. By the way you did pretty good so far.” she looked over at Sophie. “You had any training or?”

“I’ve done a couple sessions back in Ireland, but,” Sophie shook her head. “Mostly for school. I have a lot of dance background though.”

“You should so work on an American accent,” another girl spoke up, “That accent no offense sounds like you’re a Parker or an Irish Gypsy”

Sophie laughed. “I am a gypsy, and from Belfast aye. It’s a bit... rough to American ears I’m told. I’ve been talking to my friends about elocution lessons.”

“It’ll help you land TV or movie roles,” the girl said, adding, “I really wasn’t trying to be rude, I was just making an observation. Like I used to have the most god awful southern accent... Hang on, I’ll try and slip into it.” She took a deep breath, put on a big smile, and said, “Well hawdy y’all it’s just so great ta be heyur!”

“Wow.” Sophie giggled. “Do I sound that bad?”

“Oh, hell no,” the girl laughed. “No you’re actually understandable. I had to have an interpreter for my first month because nobody understood Mississippian here. You sound more like this.” she cleared her throat and in her best Irish accent said, “A Dove above the street is quite neat.”

“Hey that’s pretty good,” Sophie said. “Galway with a wee hint of something I can’t place.”

“Yeah I played an Irish rape victim on a cop show.” The girl said “It took place in Boston Irish town.”

“Ohh,” Sophie said. “That explains it. Hey, I think I remember that episode. It was Law & Order right? SVU?”

“Yup.” The girl nodded.

Ashleigh began to play Dropkick Murphy on her phone, ‘Going out in Style.’ “I love this band. I’m actually from Boston. Can you guys keep a really stupid secret that would literally devastate me if it got out?”

“Sure?” Sophie smiled.

Ashleigh giggled. “I start dancing every time I hear that Sam Adams beer commercial. I can’t help it. I just love their music so much. Oh and my real name is Destiny not Ashleigh, Ashleigh is my stage name, I’m a through and through Boston Irish girl.” She even let her accent slip. She sounded almost like the actress Sophie had been talking to.

“Wow,” Sophie giggled. “That’s amazing. I had no idea there was some Boston Irish hiding behind all that California,” she teased. Ashleigh laughed.

“That’s my real accent.” Ashleigh said, grinning innocently. “I talk like a valley girl because that’s what everyone expects when they see a tall tan blonde.”

“You should totally come out Boston Irish.” Sophie giggled. “I got an Uncle in Boston somewhere on my Ma’s side. I mean my Mo-m’s side,” she tried to sound more American. The irony of telling Ashleigh to be herself, while trying to sound more American, wasn’t lost on her. She just found Boston Irish more understandable and less grating than her own rustic accent.

“Never lose your real accent actually then.” Ashleigh said. “Be proud of who you are.”

“I dunno, it helped Megan. She used to have a wicked strong Australian accent as a kid.”

“Aye.” Ashleigh winked. “But we’re in a way different industry than Megan and Juliette. Saw you with them at the press conference. That was bonafide brave as fuck.”

“What’d I miss?” the other girl asked. “I was unplugged from social media this week. Oh gosh I’m Angela by the way.”

“Hi Angela I’m Sophie Dee.” Sophie giggled, “I came out.”

“Lesbian?” Angela aksed. “That’s cool.”

“No Transgender.” Sophie giggled again.

“Bullshit,” Angela said.

“Aye, I got a penis, well a non functional one.” she shrugged. “It’s good for takin a piss an that’s about it.”

“Wow,” Angela said. “Holy shit girl. I’m like speechless. That is so great.”

“You guys don’t mind right?” Sophie asked.

“That we change in front of you?” Ashleigh asked. “Does it get you hard?”

“Can’t get hard.” Sophie laughed.

Ashleigh grinned. “Me either.” She winked.

“You trans too?” Sophie whispered.

“Yeah, but I had surgeries.” Ashleigh whispered back. “I got an innie now. Angela knows but she’s been my best friend since like fifth grade, so,” she laughed.

“Explains why you were tweaked about the bathing suit though,” Angela nodded. “Those things are a bitch to get fitted right even without something in the way. I can’t imagine doing it with.”

“So like, serious question gang,” Ashleigh said. “Should I grovel to the photographer or would that just piss her off more?”

“I’ll probably hear about it after.” Sophie giggled. “You should probably just make nice. Katelyn is my adopted mum.”

“Well, shite,” Ashleigh let her old accent slip again. “Okay, now I’m even more nervous.” She picked up her boa lined robe with ‘Ashleigh’ in golden letters against the sea of silky pink, and tossed it on. “Okay, here goes.”

“Just play nice Dest, you’ll be fine.” Angela said reassuringly.

Sophie picked up a single-twix pack from the amusingly very full bowl of candies on the snack bar and passed it into Ashleigh’s palm. “Can’t go wrong with a bribe,” she giggled out.

“I’ll tell her it was your idea,” Ashleigh laughed.

“If it backfires.” Angela laughed when Ashleigh left, “Destiny has been checking you out all night so far by the way. I never saw her drop her accent for anybody. You are literally the first since we left Boston. And before you ask,” she giggled, “I was born in Mississippi, moved to Boston when I was like 10 to live with my aunt.”

“Wow.” Sophie said. “It’s the ink, isn’t it?” she joked, recovering.

“Can I ask you something?” Angela asked.

“Sure,” Sophie shrugged as she picked out a packet of skittles for herself and began munching them two at a time.

“Do you speak Irish-Gaelic any?” Angela asked.

“Is féidir liom Gaeilge a labhairt

“Know what, I take it back too,” Angela laughed. “Don’t ever lose that accent.”

“That accent.” Destiny spoke, “And the fact you speak Irish like that will help you big time. You really need to teach me how to speak Irish,” she blurted out. She wasn’t carrying the Twix bar, which meant Katelyn accepted the bribe at least.

“Okay Ladies.” The older woman called, “15 minutes and then you need to get dressed.”

“Bloody hell,” Sophie said, “Whose bright idea was it to put candy that dyes your teeth in a modeling wardrobe?” She grabbed a mini toothbrush on the makeup table and started vigorously brushing.

“There's white strips there as well.” Angela said.

“Here,” Ashleigh said, “Just peel it off like this, and then stick it to your teeth like this,” she demonstrated with her own teeth, not wanting to presume too much. “Let it sit for like a minute and you’re set.”

“Go raibh maith agat.” Sophie grinned, “That means thank you. You can say ‘tá fáilte romhat

Ashleigh repeated it slowly a couple of times.

“Use yer Boston irish accent,” Sophie coached.

“Nah, that’d be a bad idea,” Ashleigh sighed.

“You’re a fightin’ girl, use it.” Sophie smiled brightly. “Say Tá mé ó Boston with your real accent.”

Ashleigh looked at Angela. Angela grinned. “Hey, your Boston accent is sexy. My southern accent was not.”

Ashleigh nodded, and let it go in her Boston Irish accent, “Tá mé ó Boston”

“That means I’m from Boston.” Sophie said. “I thought about messin with you, and making you say something like Lets go to Boston and make out. But you’d have figured it out, because a lot of that would be in english.”

Ashleigh laughed. “You’re awful. Oh, it’s been a minute,” she said, spitting out her white strips.

Sophie did the same, the older teen came up to Sophie with the skirt setup, “This one is next.” she handed it gently to Sophie.

“You weren't told that you get to keep 2 of the outfits you model tonight were you?” Angela asked Sophie, “It’s like procedure, you always get to keep an outfit or two. My closet so full of clothes it’s not funny.”

“It is a little funny,” Ashleigh giggled. “Sometimes I try to sell some of my stuff on eBay but most of the time I just donate it. I mean I don’t donate the evening gowns, I try to sell those, but everything else is fair game.”

“After she wears it for a week anyway.” Angela winked. “Everyone wants clothing previously worn by Ashleigh Brown.”

“Irony of ironies huh?” Ashleigh chortled as she got up to start changing. “The kid who had to learn to fight just to walk home from school, now everybody wants my shit.”

“I could tell you were a fighter.” Sophie said. “You’ve broken your knuckles a few times.” she pointed out how they sag in a tiny bit.

Ashleigh laughed. “I tell people it was a car accident. My knuckles accidentally sent splinters of Johnny McDougal's nose up in his brain.”

“Or that time you busted your hand on Jason O'Malley's jaw.” Angela winked.

“Ch’yeah,” Ashleigh said. “I was always in trouble. They thought I was expressing myself through rage because of being trans. Fuck no I was trying to survive.”

“2 and a half years of therapy, we get Destiny, a much calmer version of her old self, but she could still kick ass and take names in a pinch.”.

Ashleigh finished getting changed and eyed the snack table. She grabbed one of the meal replacement milkshakes and chugged it. ““Go raibh... maith... a-gat for the Twix idea, see you in a bit.” She smiled and got into wing position. Angela just sort of giggled innocently.

“What?” Sophie sighed.

“Nothing,” Angela said. “But she is so crushing.”

“Oh,” Sophie said as she slumped onto her stool to put on the pair of sneakers for the skirt outfit. She wasn’t really sure how to respond to that. Only one person had ever had any kind of interest in her, and that as had been established, didn’t end well.

“Or,” Angela offered, “Could just be she sees a friend and ally in you, being you share similar experiences,” she grinned and slipped away to get ready.

Before Ashleigh was done, she interrupted Katelyn, “Sorry before I go can I ask a question?”

“Sure,” Katelyn said. “You’ve earned a reprieve,” she teased.

“Can you talk to Jeff and see about getting me on TV to come out like Sophie did?” Ashleigh asked. Jeff was her agent that worked at the same company that Amanda and Katelyn did. “I mean I know I should do this myself, but like every time I need something he’s busy, and this is kind of important.”

“Sure.” Katelyn said. “I’ll text Amanda when we’re done here and let her talk to Jeff about it, he’s not in my department anymore.”

“Thank you, so much” Ashleigh said. “Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great guy, just... You know how it is.”

“Yeah, it’s why I switched departments.” Katelyn nodded. “I got one more to take and you can go change.” she snapped a picture.

“Angela you're on deck.” The older woman said, “Sophie you’re in wing.”

~oOo~

“You got The Ashleigh Brown’s phone number?” Ellen whistled.

“You guys know her?” Sophie asked.

“No, but I’ve seen her ads.” Casidhe said.

“She’s a diva.” Nicole sighed. “I hated working for her.”

Sophie giggled. “She’s... complicated. I probably shouldn’t say anything else yet.”

“That’s an understatement.” Nicole stated before she closed the limo door and headed for her car, a nice newer model, bright metallic red Ford Escape with bullet proof windows as well as run-flat tires. It had a backup camera which provided more tactical advantage than most people realized, especially driving backwards at 50 miles an hour on a crowded street.

Sophie just giggled at the comment.

“You have a crush on Ashleigh Brown don’t you?” Casidhe teased.

“It’s not like that,” Sophie burst out laughing. “It’s just... I know some things. It’ll all come out soon.”

“Cool, but I’m just sayin’, if I batted for our team, I’d totally be mackin with Ashleigh if I could.” Ellen teased.

“Okay okay,” Sophie said. “I can’t keep secrets. Not from you guys. I’ll give you a huge hint. She asked if I could teach her to speak Gaelic, and Ashleigh’s not her real name.”

“No shit?” Ellen asked. “What is it Joan of Ark?” she teased.

“Destiny McGrievy.” Sophie said. “Boston Irish.”

“Holy ball sweat, she's an Irish girl?!” Casidhe grinned. “Boston, Belfast, she’s bloody Irish. She’s one of us,” she laughed. “No bloody wonder I like er.”

“She’s a fighter, like us,” Sophie laughed. “That’s why she gets misinterpreted as being a diva. She’s just defensive ‘cos she’s used to being shit on.”

“Damn.” Ellen laughed. “Fookin eh, did you tell Katelyn?”

“Not yet,” she said. “I was going to, but she was on the phone, sounded important so I just got out of there with Nicole.”

“Yeah they usually stick around for a bit after a shoot, so we’ll be at yer flat alone for awhile.” Ellen nodded. “I asked mum about it. Well I mean alone with the women’s heavyweight champion of a bodyguard, but you know what I mean.”

Casidhe giggled. “She’s soo tall, but she’s like so well proportioned too, I never met a tall woman before. Kinda jelly.”

“I guess we could get you some really tall platform shoes,” Ellen giggled.

“Oh hell no.” Casidhe giggled, “Them things are worse to walk in that heels.”

“The worst thing I think I modeled today.” Sophie changed the subject, “Was that two piece bathing suit. I almost said no. I mean, I ain’t got the right air bags for a two piece. But they fixed that temporarily with a couple breast forms.”

“Wow,” Casidhe said. “Is that legal?”

“Yeah, it didn’t show anything.” Sophie nodded. “Just my belly. Had to cover my tattoos for the swimsuit though. It’s from a new teen line of clothing.”

“Oh that’s cute!” Ellen said. “You should wear it to the beach some time.”

“When I get boobs.” Sophie giggled.

“Actually.” the driver said as she rolled the divider window down, “I just got off the phone with Amanda. I need to take you to Doctor Wilson’s office.”

“At this hour?” Sophie asked, surprised. “I mean sure, I don’t mind, but I didn’t think they’d be open?”

“Yup, this is Hollywood Sophie.” The driver grinned.

“Wait... This isn’t a plastic surgeon is it?” Sophie asked cautiously.

“No,” the driver laughed, “Doctor Wilson is an endocrinologist, and her wife is a Psychologist, sort of the Hollywood transgender power couple. They want to get your blood work done to get you on hormone replacement therapy, and to assess your general chemical balance.”

“Thanks.” Sophie smiled at the woman, “I never got your name?”

“Elizabeth.” The woman smiled as she rolled up the window.

“Ashleigh Brown followed you,” Casidhe read Sophie’s phone and giggled. “She also mentioned you in a tweet, ‘Bravest girl I’ve ever met. And I just worked with her today. Hashtag beauty is strength’.

“Awww.” Ellen giggled. “Ashleigh and Sophie sitting in a tree.”

“Now she followed you on her real Twitter account.” Casidhe giggled, “I’d never have known if you hadn’t told us her real name.”

“Mind following back both, and replying something about having fun working with her, looking forward to doing it again?” she asked.

“Sure thing.” Casidhe grinned. “There we go.” she showed Sophie the tweet before she pushed send. Sophie laughed. The little sparkly heart at the end was a cute touch.

“I love it.” Sophie said, as Cas sent it.

”Wow,” Cas said, “You know how many people follow Ashleigh Brown?”

“I know she’s going to lose a lot of them soon,” Sophie said with a sigh.

“I doubt it.” Ellen stated, “Even if she said she was born with a penis I’m betting 100 quid right now, nobody stops following her.”

“Well since I got 100 quid to lose,” Sophie said. “But I really hope you’re right.” She did bite back a laugh at how close to the truth that was, though.

Ellen blinked. “Wait... What?”

Sophie grinned. “It’s actually ‘had’, but that doesn’t leave this car until after her press conference.”

“Never!” Ellen pronounced. “I’m like Galway’s president of her fan club, and I would never do that to her. It’s why I said I doubt she’ll oose any followers.”

Sophie giggled as she leaned over to put an arm around Ellen. “It’s weird. I just bloody went through it, I know ‘things are different here, and I still worry about her. I guess it’s coz I know how much they need the money. You know her family lives in near poverty while I’m getting deals thrown at me left right and center? It ain’t right.””

“Ashleigh Brown fans are tight,.” Casidhe said. “Hey, there’s people on Reddit that are asking for your Dress you wore to dinner with Megan and Juliette, they’re saying they’re willing to buy it for $5,000.”

“It’s worth more than that.” Sophie sighed. “Unfortunately. I hate that dress. No god damn dress should be worth 6,000 euros.” She started laughing. “Poor Megan had to go to the ladies’ room twice cause hers kept riding up.”

“That thing cost 6 grand?” Casidhe whistled, “You should sell it on Ebay and donate the proceeds to your charity.”

“I seriously considered that,” Sophie said honestly, “But the company paid for it, so I’ve been waiting to talk to Katelyn, to see if I can.”

“I don’t see why not.” Ellen shrugged. “Didn’t Amanda and Katelyn both say the money was being spent on you for you?”

“Aye...” Sophie said, and a slow grin crossed her face. “They’re god damn pixies, the both of them.” She started giggling.

Cashide giggled as well, “Aye they are.”

“Here we are ladies.” Elizabeth said as she rolled down the window, “I can take Ellen and Casidhe back to the condo and come back for you if you like? Or we can just wait here for you?”

“Yeah, I’ll be okay with Nicole here,” Sophie said, turning to Casidhe. “Can you post something on Twitter and ask people what they think of me selling that dress for charity?”

“Okay then.” Elizabeth smiled as Nicole opened the door for Sophie.

“You mean a Twitter poll?” Casidhe grinned. “Sure thing. I’ll even include a photo of you in it. I got one on my phone.”

“Thanks Doll,” Sophie said in her best dramatic diva voice, before bouncing out of the car with a mischievous giggle.

“Ut oh.” Nicole stated as she shut the door. “I heard the evil diva giggle there.”

Sophie laughed. “I’m just learning from my mentors, Katelyn and Amanda. It suddenly occurred to me they wanted me to be seen in that ugly expensive dress, so I could sell it for charity later and never wear the damned thing again.”

“I’m not sure about that, but who knows.” Nicole stated as she opened the door to the medical building. She wasn’t being paid to talk Sophie out of schemes that weren’t hazardous to her, or someone else’s health.

There was nobody there, except a woman behind a desk, the lights had been dimmed.

“Hi there, you must be the emergency call?” The woman smiled.

Sophie looked up at Nicole, who spoke, “Yes ma’am. We’d like a little discretion, but this here is Sophie Dee.”

“Oh!” the woman said with a bright smile. “Nice to meet you Sophie. Jennifer will just be a moment. She went to make sure the floor is actually clear.”

“Quite clear,” a tall woman, though not as tall as Nicole, said as she stepped around the corner. “Sorry about that. Sometimes a staffer works late without saying anything. Hi Sophie,” she said as she extended her hand. “I’m Doctor Jennifer Wilson.”

“Hi Doctor Wilson.” Sophie said and shook her hand.

“We were told that this had to be very discrete, and we were asked if we could be in late because you had to work late.” Doctor Wilson said. “We generally try to work with our celebrity patients more... generously. if it was 1am I would have said no.” she winked. “But this isn’t even the latest I’ve stayed here for a special case, so don’t feel bad. My wife is meeting with another patient, actually, so it works out. I believe you have an appointment with her after.”

“We’ve got Sophie down for a full blood screening Doctor,” the woman behind the desk said helpfully.

“Yeah good, that’ll help with the BHRT I want to start her on.” Doctor Wilson nodded. “When was the last time you had a physical young lady?

“Um...” Sophie looked at Nicole, who smiled back at her.

“She means a physical exam.”

“Oh!” Sophie blushed. “Um... Never?”

“Well I know your details. I was informed, by the therapist you had to visit in Ireland.” Doctor Wilson smiled reassuringly. “So let's get you in a room so we can start this. I’m going to assess your entire physical health from head to toe, but fortunately your blood work will tell me a lot, so there won’t be any...” she coughed, “Invasive procedures. I promise.”

“I’ll hold you to that,” Sophie giggled as she followed Doctor Wilson.

up
182 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

*

Thank you,

T

Curling Bacon

Took a little while to get that joke, even with me being Canadian by birth as well ;)

Great story

Samantha Heart's picture

I'm likeing Sophie as much as I do Robin & her cohearts especially Nikki the gith girlfriend lol :).

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Happy Dance

I'm so glad to find new work from the two of you. Your stories are always heartwarming. Thank you for all you do to entertain us!