The Haircut

Printer-friendly version

The Haircut

Tom had been growing his hair out to donate it. After 2 years of no trims, his hair was down to his chest. The day had finally come to get it cut.
As Tom walked into the salon, he could see the stylist was a little taken aback by the length of his hair. She’d never seen such long hair on a man.

"Hi I'm Ella! How can I help you?" She asked.

"Hi, I'm Tom. I want to donate my hair and was looking to get a haircut," he explained.

She walked him over to the back and he sat down in her chair. Ella wrapped a blue robe over him and began to brush his hair.
As she brushed his hair, she said, “This is just so beautiful! I’ve never seen such beautiful hair on a man before! I’ve never seen hair this long and thick!”

She kept on talking about the hair, and how beautiful it was, and how she’d never seen anything like it.

"Can I straighten your hair," she asked.

“It looks like it’s pretty curly, and it would look so beautiful straightened.”

Tom was silent. He was shocked, though. He had never had a woman, a stranger, ask to touch his hair before. But, he didn’t want to be rude. She was, after all, cutting his hair. He finally said yes.

Ella was so excited. She ran to get her straightening irons, and then returned to the chair. She began to run the irons through his hair, and within a few minutes, she had it straight as a board.

“It’s beautiful,” she said.

“I’ve never seen such beautiful hair on a man before. It’s so long, and it’s so thick. And it’s so straight now. It’s just beautiful!”

Tom had been a little shy about his hair. Now, he could feel himself getting a little excited. His heart was beating a little faster than normal.

Ella took her hands and ran them through his hair. She was silent for a few minutes, and then she said, “I’m sorry, but I just don’t understand why you would ever want to cut this beautiful hair.”

“I’m donating it to Locks of Love,” Tom replied.

“I’m donating it to help children who have lost their hair due to cancer and other illnesses.”

Ella was silent for a few moments, “I'm sorry, I just can’t believe you’d ever cut this beautiful hair,” she said. “I just don’t understand that.”

Tom explained to her that he had been growing it out for the past two years so he could donate it.

“Two years!” she exclaimed. “You’ve been growing this beautiful hair for two years? Why would you ever cut it?”

Tom explained that he had felt uncomfortable with how long it was.

"If dealing with the heat is the problem then I know how you can manage it," Ella said.

She grabbed a hair brush and combed his hair back into a high ponytail. She grabbed a pink hairband and secured the ponytail.

"See, you can wear it like this, and it won't be so uncomfortable. I'm sure you'll love the way it looks, too!" she said.

Tom was really surprised with how much cooler his neck felt.

"Have you ever braided your hair?" Ella asked.

Tom shock his head.

"Here I'll show you how to do it," Ella said as she grabbed the hair band and began to slowly pull his hair down.

She brushed it out and then gathered his hair at the nape. Ella explained how to cross each strand over as she braided his hair.

"See you can wear it up or down, whichever you like!"

Tom looked in the mirror and was amazed at how beautiful his hair looked. "You know this really looks nice," Tom said.

"It really is a shame that you want to cut it. You look really nice with long hair."

Just then Ella got an idea! "Do you want me to put some color in your hair?" She asked.

"Sure," Tom replied.

Ella began to mix the color. As she was mixing it, she asked, “Now, you’re going to want the color to be permanent, right?”

“Uhh, I guess,” Tom replied.

“Ok, it’s going to take a few minutes to get it mixed up and then it’ll take about an hour for it to set in. Why don’t you go grab a bite to eat? I’ll call
you when it’s ready.”

Tom went out to McDonalds with his hair still in a braid and got something to eat. As Tom was eating, he thought about how nice it would be to have his hair long for some more time. He thought about how great his hair looked in the mirror when Ella has straightened it. Oddly enough, he also liked the way it looked with the pink hairband, though he would never admit that.

Tom finished his meal and drove back to the salon. As he walked in, he saw Ella finishing up another women’s hair.

"Tom, I'm so glad you came back," she said. "You were just in time. The color is ready for you." Tom sat down in the chair and Ella began to put the color in his hair.

"Now this will be permanent," she explained. "So, if you don't like it or you change your mind, you'll have to go see a stylist and have them change it.

"Tom said that was ok, he wanted the color to be permanent. Ella continued putting it on until the whole head was colored, then she rinsed it out.

It took a while for all of the color to rinse out, but she kept on rinsing until all the color was gone.

"Now we'll put some conditioner on your hair so that it won't get too damaged.", she explained. She put some conditioner on his hair and then blow dried it for him.

When she was done blow drying his hair, she asked if he would like her to style it for him.

Tom hadn't been able to see what color she dyed his hair yet but he trusted her.

Ella grabbed her curling iron and went to work. With Tom's back against the mirror, he still had no idea what he looked like.

"Here you go," Ella said as she spun him around to the mirror.

Tom got a big shock when he saw himself. He had expected to see his light brown hair had turned black or a dark brown, but that was not the case.

"Ella, what did you do to my hair?" Tom asked.

"I dyed it," Ella replied.

Tom hung his mouth open in surprise. His hair was now light blonde, and she had curled it into neat ringlets! He looked like a girl!

"I just figured since you were going to have to cut your beautiful hair, you might as well have fun with it" Ella said.

Tom was quiet for a while before he said, “I like how it looks. I think I'll keep my hair long for a while."

Ella was surprised at first, but then she thought about it and said, “That's ok, if you want to keep it long then I guess that's ok.”

She grabbed a comb and began to run it through his hair to loosen the curls.

“You know what?” She said. “I think you’ll look even prettier with your hair done up.”

Tom just sat there, as she used endless pins to put his hair up into an undo.

By the time she was done, he looked his he could be a bride. He looked in the mirror and was amazed at how pretty he looked. Ella stood back
and admired her work.

“You look so beautiful!” she exclaimed.

“You look just like a little girl!”

“But I’m not a girl," Tom protested.

"You know you could make a really pretty girl," Ella argued.

"With that hair, and those pretty eyes, and that feminine figure, you could be a very pretty girl!”

Tom disagreed. "No way could I ever pass as a girl."

"Here let me know you what I mean," Ella said as she grabbed a tweezer and started to arch his eyebrows.

"What are you doing?" Tom asked.

"I'm just fixing your eyebrows to show you what I mean."

Next, she grabbed a bottle of nail polish and began to paint his nails.

"A girl needs pretty nails," she said.

Tom just sat there patiently while she did her thing.

"How do you feel?" Ella asked.

"I feel... fine," Tom replied. Then, she stood back and looked at Tom more closely.

“You know I think you’d look even prettier with some makeup on!”

Without waiting for an answer, Ella started pulling out her makeup kit. She grabbed some foundation and began to put it on his face.

“I’m just fixing you up a little bit. I’m going to make you even prettier than you are now!”

She put more foundation on, then some eye shadow, and then blush. She stood back and looked at him again.

“Now you have a nice feminine complexion. You could be a very pretty girl.”

She grabbed a bottle of mascara and began to put it on his eyelashes.

“Mascara really brings out the beauty in a girl’s eyes, especially yours!” she exclaimed.

Next, she grabbed a bottle of pink lip gloss and began to put it on his lips. “I just love the way lipstick makes a girl’s lips look so kissable!” she said as she stroked her finger against his lower lip. Tom felt a rush in his blood.

Then, she grabbed some hair spray and began to spray it on his hair.

“A girl needs her hair to look nice and soft, don't you think?” she said.

“Ok honey, I think you’re ready to go!”

Tom stared at himself in the mirror for a long time. He had no idea why, but he was actually starting to like the way he looked! Ella grabbed her camera and told him to pose for a picture so she could show him how pretty he looked.

“You know, with that hair, you could get a job as a model and be very successful.”

Tom began to feel a little nervous.

"What are you saying?" he asked. "That I should be a girl?”

“I’m just saying that you look like a very pretty girl,” she replied. “

I think that you could make some serious money if you wanted to."

“Maybe you’re right,” Tom said. “I could use some extra cash.” “

I thought so,” Ella said with a smile on her face. “I think you should try it.”

"I'm not how I would even do it," Tom said as he sat in the chair in front of Ella's mirror, staring at himself for the first time in hours.

"Most girls start off in modelling when they are in their teens," Ella replied as she began to play with his hair. “But that doesn’t mean you can’t try at your age."

"I don't know if I could do that," Tom said.

"Oh come on! It would be fun! You can be a model for a day!"

Tom sat there for a moment before he realized that she was kind of right. He did like the way he looked and enjoyed looking at himself in the mirror. He also did really like the idea of making some money, and a modelling gig might give him a chance to do that and get paid for it too.

"You know, you may have a point," he said.

"I do like how I look with all this makeup on. I do look like a girl, and I have fun looking at myself in the mirror. And the cash wouldn't hurt either."

Ella smiled at him. “See? You’ve got the right stuff!” she said as she sprayed more hair spray on his hair.

“You look like a real model!”

Tom felt excited and nervous at the same time. He really did like the way he looked, and he liked Ella's plan.

"I don't know if I could pull it off," he said as he began to fiddle with his hair. “I mean, I'm not that feminine or anything.”

"Oh, you'll be fine," Ella said as she too played with his hair.

“You just have to have a little confidence in yourself."

"I can show you how to act like a woman." She promised. "First things first, you need to change. I have a spare dress in the back that might just fit you. We'll also need to swap out those sneakers for high heels.

Tom agreed, and Ella led him into the back room where she handed him a little black dress.

"Wear this. It should fit you just fine."

Tom took the dress and looked at it. It was kind of sexy for a dress. The top was a little low cut though. "I'm not really comfortable wearing this," he said.

"Just wear it for now," Ella said. "I have something else for you to wear when you start modelling. Trust me; you'll be comfortable in it."

Tom trusted Ella, so he put on the dress. It fit him just fine, but it was extremely short!

"That looks good on you," Ella said. "I think you'll like the shoes too. They're a little big, but they'll fit."

She handed him some black high heels. He sat down and put them on. They were very high heels, and he had trouble walking in them.

"I thought this would be easy," he said.

"It is easy, you just need a bit of practice."

Tom wasn't so sure about that. He tried to walk in them, but he nearly fell over. Ella had to grab his arm to keep him from falling.

"I don't think I can walk in these," Tom said as he sat back down.

"Oh yes you can," Ella said. "It just takes a little practice. You'll get the hang of them soon enough."

She smiled at him as she sat down at the makeup table and looked at him in the mirror.

"I think you'll look very good as a woman," she said.

“Now, let’s get you ready for your shoot.”

Tom sat there as Ella began to apply makeup to his face. He watched her through the mirror as she worked on him, and he was fascinated by the process.

"I really do look like a woman," Tom said as he watched Ella work on his face.

"Oh yes you do," Ella replied. “You’ll be a very beautiful woman."

He felt very nervous about this, but he liked it too. It was an odd feeling, but he really did like it.

"I don't know if I can do this," Tom said as he looked at himself in the mirror.

"Oh yes you can," Ella replied with a smile.

“You’ll be great!”

"I don't know if I'm going to be able to walk in those shoes," he said as he looked down at his feet.

"You'll be fine," Ella replied as she looked at him in the mirror. “You’ll be fine!”

Tom looked into the mirror at himself again, and even though it was himself, he didn't recognize himself anymore. He looked like a girl, and he really did look pretty sexy too.

"You really do look like a model," Ella said as she stood up and looked at him. “You’re going to make some serious cash!”

Tom looked into the mirror, and then back at Ella, who was smiling at him in the mirror. He smiled back at her, and she smiled back at him before she began to play with his hair again.

...

Several hours had passed, and Tom was now on the other side of the camera. He was wearing a sexy black dress that was cut low in the front, and he was wearing high heels that were a little too big for him. He found himself having a lot of trouble walking in them, and he was struggling to keep his balance too.

He was also having a lot of trouble keeping his eyes open. He felt really tired, and he wanted to close his eyes for a moment.

“Are you sure I can do this?” he asked Ella as he looked at himself in the mirror.

"You'll be fine," Ella replied. “Don't worry about it. The shots will be fine."

“I don’t know,” Tom replied as he looked at himself in the mirror. “Maybe we should try some other day."

"Oh no," Ella said. "You'll be fine. You look great on camera."

Tom wasn't sure about that, but he did like the way he looked in the dress, and he did like the way Ella was playing with his hair. He actually enjoyed being her model for a change. It was kind of fun getting all dressed up like this, and he liked the way it felt to be a woman too.

"Why don't you come back again on Saturday and I can spend the day getting you dolled up and making a portfolio for you," Ella suggested.

“Sure,” Tom said as he headed over to the register.”

“Oh, don’t worry about today. I’m sure we can find some other way for you to pay me off,” Ella said with a wink.

Tom smiled and walked out the door. As he got into his car, he realized that he was still wearing a dress and had left his clothes in the salon. Ella had already locked the door. Tom looked at his reflection in the rear-view mirror and decided that he would just have to go home in this outfit.

As Tom unlocked his front door, he quickly flung off the heels. It was late at night and he was ready for bed. Tom washed his face for a few minutes until all of the makeup came off. He then started to remove the pins from his hair to take it down from the updo. After what felt like an eternity, he finally got all of them out. As Tom brushed out his curls, he stared in the mirror and started thinking about the day.

He gathered his hair to the side and gently braided it, following along to the instructions Ella had gave him earlier in the day.
As Tom went to bed, he couldn’t help but feel excited for what was to come on Saturday.

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A fun fantasy

crash's picture

If only such an advocate an such a sequence of events could occur.
This was a fun romp. Thank for posting. I'm looking forward to your next story positing.

Your friend
Crash

As if

A yearning is realized. Fun story.

>>> Kay