Off to Seek a Wizard -2- Tweet On You

Printer-friendly version
Off to Seek a Wizard...
-2-
Tweet On You

by Erin Halfelven

stephaniedale.png

 
I went back to the lounge and sat down in one of those hard plastic seats. Then I got up again and looked, it felt like I was sitting on something squishy but there wasn't anything there, so I sat back down.

A guy sitting across from me, a real pudge monster, nodded at me about three times too many and said, yup, yup, yup, like some character from the Simpsons or something.

I sat there and fantasized about making him disappear, maybe in a puff of smoke while I dropped him through the stage into a piranha tank. #nomnomnom

I looked at the schedule clock and it still said our flight was delayed. Did you know that Kansas City is in Missouri? What were people thinking when they named the place? #4reals

I took a deck of readers out of my purse, yes, I carry a purse! Girls don't have pockets, 'cause if they did then they'd be kangaroos. #stuffmymomsays

So I was practicing, stacking and reading and seconds and palming when this other guy comes up and sits next to me. Not a pudge monster, he looks okay but like I care?

"What are you doing?" he asks and I'm all, leave me alone but I don't say that cause that would be rude and girls have to be polite because boys sure won't. #seelasttag

So instead I said, "Pick a card," and I forced the Jack of Hearts on him and I said, "Don't tell me what it is, just put it back in the deck," and I turned my head away but watched him in the corner of my eye.

So he stuffs the card into the middle of the pack and I turn back to him and shuffle the cards and -- no Jack of Hearts. "You didn't put it back," I said, annoyed cause he's ruining the trick on purpose.

And he reaches up and pulls a card out of my hair and turns it over and it's the Jack of Hearts. "This what you're looking for?" he says all smug.

"Oh," I said. "You must be George Marion." Cause that's the name of the boy who won the boy's part of the contest and he says, "I must." #whatajerk

Then he says, "You must be Stephanie Dale," and I said, "That's what my student I.D. says," cause I don't want to lie. Except professionally like when I tell someone, "Nothing up my sleeve" but I'm not wearing sleeves.

So we talked about magic and high school and I had to talk around a lot of that stuff cause he thinks I'm a girl and I don't want him to know that I'm not but he's kind of a nice guy and fun to talk to.

Then they call our flight and I have checked everything except for a small carryon and my purse but he offers to carry my bag for me and then I know -- he's been hitting on me the whole time! #thejerk

up
208 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This is a really cute story.

Erin,

This is a really cute story. I would love to see more.

Sincerely,
Jeff B.

Don't listen, Erin,

Angharad's picture

I did about Bike and look what happened! I even go on field trips now.

Angharad
who actually wouldn't mind another episode or two of this.

Angharad

whats with all the words

whats with all the words prefixed with the # sign? some sort of weird formatting error on the word processor?

Hashtags

erin's picture

The chapter title is Tweet On You; hashtags, words prefaced with a #-sign, are something lots of people, but especially young people, use to add meta-context to their tweets. Each paragraph of this chapter is written as if it were a tweet. And no, I'm not going to do that again. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

#YesIGotThat

The short lines, the hashtags, the title... yep! Clever.

And the story took a nice step forward, too.

Kaleigh

Thank you,Tweety Pie!

ALISON

Seriously,just continue,lots of fun!

ALISON

Love Your Dreams

Erin,

This just keeps getting better. I can't wait for Stephanie to meet the Wizard. I wonder if he is already at work. It explains the name/gender mistake and the squishy hard plastic chair.

Tweet, I don't Tweet I perspire.

As always,

Dru

As always,

Dru

Cute

I wish these guys would know when to give up. Stephanie is in for a fun time - not.

Kim

lol #amusingconcept

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

I love the idea of each line being done as a tweet with the hashtag saying something relevant to the line! Who knows, maybe there is a new tg story format in there! ;-)

 


"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life."



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Off to Seek a Wizard -2- Tweet On You

No, Steve Martin is "THE JERK"

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Yup, I got it!

But then again, at over 7,000 tweets to date on my main account (@mittfh, unsurprisingly), plus four Twitter weatherbots, I should hope I'd be familiar with the medium by now! :)

Now a story told entirely through tweets - that would be an interesting concept... :)

Oh, and I'm enjoying this story - it'll be interesting to see what happens next...


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

A Magician

Daphne Xu's picture

... has to practice as much as a musician. He or she must be absolutely precise with his hand and finger motion.

"Sitting on something squishy" -- yep, definitely becoming the mask.

The male winner approaches and hits on the winner of the female competition. That's less of a coincidence than one might think. He might even have recognized "her".

I'm curious. Do hashtags in stories work the same way as hashtags elsewhere?

-- Daphne Xu

Changes

So it looks like the physical changes in her have already started.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna