A New Start in Life part 2

Printer-friendly version
The Girls.png

The story continues with Susanna getting more into her new life, for those of you who are concerned this may turn into an X rated story let me put your mind at rest, it will continue to be a gentle sentimental journey.

As I sat back in the salon chair and Paula started washing my hair, I wondered what had I done. When my mother was alive she always said that I was very much like a girl in my decision making and it's true, I am very spontaneous in making my mind up, very different to my future career as a computer programmer.

I have never had my hair washed in a salon before and lying back in the chair it was easy to relax. My finger nails were done and I ended up with tips about a quarter of an inch long mainly to get used to doing things with longer nails!
After washing my hair Paula started cutting, styling, highlighting and finally fitting the extensions to my own hair. The time for changing my mind was well gone - when I left here Susanna would be born.

My friends Kelly and Shonali burst into the salon, which told me I must have been in the chair for a couple of hours but I was enjoying the experience so much that the time simply flew by.

Paula took off the cape and I could see the result of her hard labour, the girl was a genius. My chestnut hair was shot with auburn highlights and literally shone, I swung my head from side to side to see the full effect – and I loved it, it was so me!

I hugged Paula saying "you are an absolute artiste it's fantastic", this was backed up by the comments of my friends.
I showed them my new nails much to their amazement as they had no idea I was getting them done. Paying Paula for her labour and I gave her a good tip and we left, by now it was 3:30 in the afternoon.

It was obvious that Shonali and Kelly had been chatting about my decision as they got straight onto the probable pit falls and problems I may have when I went to university and for the first few months of my new life.
I listened to their concerns and told them frankly that I was scared, but from today Susanna has been born. Now Susanna needs to build up an everyday wardrobe so she can go to uni and function as Susanna; also Susanna needs the help of the best friends to buy the right clothing.

This was true, as with most cross dressers my wardrobe consisted of what can only be described as 'going out clothes' all highly feminine and sexy, usually fabrics such as satin, silk, lace, chiffon and the like, now I needed fashionable practical everyday clothes.
I further stirred them up when I announced I was sending all my male clothes to charity shops next week, so today I needed enough clothes to last me until next week when we can go shopping for the whole day.

Shonali touched my arm "Susanna" she began "are you absolutely certain about this – I would feel awful if you are doing this because of Kelly and me, like we forced you into your decision."

I stopped and looked at them both, smiling I responded, "Kelly, Shona, you have forced me into nothing, if anything going out with you has made me see what's missing in my life." I thought deeply for a while trying to find the right words to express how I felt at this time, "going out last night made me see myself for what I really am, a girl in a boy's body; as Steve, I function as a man but you both may have noticed I just do not fit in, sure I have some friends – and I hope that they understand my decision, but last night I really felt as if I belonged, or should I say Susanna belonged – so no, you two have not forced me into anything, you have helped me make a decision that I should have made a long time ago but was too scared"

Kelly then piped up "Shona and I have been thinking" I butted in smiling "this usually means bad news for me". "Not really" she carried on "but instead of going out tonight we stay at your place to have a really good talk about exactly where this is going to take you, in fact if you don't mind if we call at our place and get some clothes we stay with you until Monday then all three of us will go through the next few days together – of course tonight we'll have to have some wine and chocolate" Shonali butted in "Lesson 1 for you girls can't talk serious things through, without chocolate".

I was really touched by their offer and tears welled up, it meant a lot to me and would be great having some support, but I managed not to cry only sniffle into a tissue.
Kelly was back to being the organiser, "Right" she said, "what kind of clothes are we looking for?" Helplessly I smiled back and said "everything, absolutely everything for Susanna to live until next weekend, you've seen my wardrobe and there's nothing any use for day wear and you've seen my bathroom, not much in there either".

"WOW are we going to have fun" Shona chortled as she counted on her fingers what we would need "bra's, knickers, nighties and a cuddly dressing gown, jeans, skirts, dresses, T shirts, tops, pullovers, cami's, shoes, tights, belts, shampoo's conditioners, a couple of tote bags, jackets, body lotion, moisturisers – we've got a lot to do and not much time to do it ---- lets go girls", and with that we had just got to the doors of Matalan a discount clothing store which sold really good quality items.
As we walked in Kelly passed me a bag "here she said, we bought it to celebrate your new life, it's practical" she added. When I opened the bag, it contained a purple and pink glittery cover for my I-phone to change it from a boring man black phone into a girl's phone; again I was touched by their thoughtfulness.
I stopped dead then hugged the two of them and squealed (yes really squealed) "Oh! I love it, its perfect".

We had a group hug and I wiped my eyes, touched up my mascara then we hit the shops for what was left of the shopping day.
Although we were 'poor students' I was an exception and could live off the interest (just) I received from the insurance payout from the death of my family, the sale of the house, and the compensation received from the drunk driver who killed my family, his insurance, so I could afford the what looked to me the mountain of clothes we bought.

I had an insight as to how women think when buying clothes, for the essentials Bra's knickers, socks, stockings etc it depends on how long you want to use them, take knickers or panties or thongs (which I liked to wear) for a week you have to multiply the number of days by 3 as a 'normal woman' usually changes her pants at least twice a day, sometimes 3 times a day, when having her periods it will be more – when this little nugget of information was passed onto me I commented "well that’s one thing I won't have to bother about". Kelly cocked her eyebrow at me and retorted "Oh yes you are Susanna, we have decided that as we are teaching you how to be a woman YOU are going to 'enjoy' periods the same as us – right Shona?". Shona nodded in agreement as we turned into the branch of Boots (a large chemist type shop) to pick up bathroom essentials.
When I protested that biologically I couldn't go through having a period, Kelly agreed BUT she said "you can pretend you're having a period, use a tampon and the like, so we have decided that as I have just had MY period YOU will have the same time periods as me, I will tell you when I'm due and then you can experience having to carry extra tampons and panties around with you – RIGHT".

The way she finished the sentence left me in no doubt she did mean it, and for some reason it excited me – these two are really going to teach me how to be a woman from the bottom up (it you'll excuse the term).

When we finally left Boots, we were staggering under the weight of our bags, I managed to persuade the two of them to get a taxi, as to get onto a bus loaded like we were was not really practical, so we piled everything into the boot of the cab, the driver commented that we had done some serious shopping Shonali smiled at him and responded sweetly "It's our friend Susanna here; all her clothes got destroyed in a fire so we are stocking her up on the essentials until the insurance pays out – it's really going to affect us all as we are poor students" she fluttered those smouldering eyes at him, it must have done some good as we stopped at their dorm at the uni then took them to my place and instead of the usual £10 he only charged us half saying that he hoped I got things straight soon, he even helped us carry the carrier bags to the door of my flat!

Once again Kelly took control, "right" she said "ten pounds each and Shona you go and get the wine and nibbles".
"Susanna" she continued "you get the bin bags for your old clothes, and I'll get the computers set up".

"Yes Boss" Shona and I chorused saluting as we went and did as we were told.
By now you will have realised that Kelly is the organiser, Shonali the thinker, and me well I'm the apprentice, learning the art of woman hood.

When I came back from the kitchen I found that Kelly and Shona had both brought their laptops with them and Kelly was setting them up with mine at the table, seeing my quizzical look, she explained "Susanna seeing as we are going to see what is available to help you we are going to approach this scientifically" I nodded and she continued "first we are going to discuss exactly what it is you want, then each of us are going to research what is out there to help you achieve what you want, then, if we are still reasonably sober we'll put together a provisional plan of what we need – ok?"

"WOW" I responded amazed at the amount of thought Kelly had put into my future "you make it sound serious" Kelly looked at me in amazement "Christ Susanna it IS serious you dummy, this could be one of the biggest decisions you make in your life; you have to have all the information you need to make informed decisions"

I thought about this for a while then touched her arm and said, "sorry Kell, you're right, I'm being irresponsible and I'm so glad to have you two guys to keep me focussed".
She softly smiled at me and said, "its ok Susanna I can be a bit bossy at times and I know it, but we have to do this research to see what's possible."

Shona came back with the wine and nibbles and we got a communal bath and changed into comfortable nightdresses and wraps to be comfortable for the night.
It was so strange being naked with these two beautiful girls and not feel any sensation at all to my mind we were just three girls, I asked the two of them how they felt having a bloke with them – they just looked at me and told me that they didn't seen me as a man, but as the girl I wanted to be; this made me feel really good and accepted.

We settled down with the platters of savoury eats that had been warming in the oven and wine of course, once we were settled around the table, Shona produced a A4 pad and a pen, Kelly took control and said "right lets get this started and treat it like a assignment for uni"

I felt a lot nervous as my soul was about to be bared to the world, well my two friends at least.
"Susanna" Kelly started off "how do you see this going? And what's more important what do you want to happen"
I thought for a moment and said simply "I want to be Susanna full time."

Kelly said, "do you want to change sex?" I thought again and answered, "I don't know, I'm not sure"

"What about your man bits? Do you still want them to work? Or do you still just want them?" This caused me to think deeply, I began "it's like the sex change, I think I would want to keep them working until I am certain that I want to really be totally female

"Do you want your own breasts" this time I emphatically answered "Yes I would love that". How about a female shape, waist, hips and bum? I thought for a second or two then answered "Yes I would, I would look more feminine and clothes would fit me better"

"Do you want to take hormones?" I thought for a bit longer then said "I think I must if I want my own breasts, but I need to know what's available and what they can do".

"Do you want to change your name" again I needed no time to think, "yes certainly"

"Would you consider implants to give you breasts?" again I thought, "yes, yes I think I would".

"Do you think you should speak to a councillor about the change?" This time I thought for a long time before answering "yes, I suppose I must, I mean it could put things into perspective"

Kelly looked at me and said this next question is a bit personal, if you don't want to answer it we'll understand.
"Have you enough money to pay for the boobs and shaving your Adams apple to make your neck more female?" without thinking I answered "yes"

Shona looked up from writing and commented "How do you feel after that Susanna, it was a bit clinical all those questions", I grinned at her saying "you're not kidding, all my hopes and dreams in a few questions; but it's given me something to think about"

Kelly looked up and added to the conversation "it was clinical but it's given us or should I say you a starting point to see what's possible. Now can either of you two think of anything else?"

Shona looked at me and said seriously "Susanna, you want to live full time as a girl, look like a girl, sound like a girl, act like a girl but you don't want to change your sex – go through that final change, have you any idea why?"

"WOW that's some question I suppose this is the reason that counselling will help, I know I should be just like you guys but something is holding me back, I wish I knew what it is, but I don't, although I feel deep inside that when the time in right I will have a sex change operation and be a total girl"- What I didn't know then was that it was going to take a few years before I overcome my reluctance to change my sex.

"Right" said Kelly "more wine then let's get down to some Internet research". We got a glass of wine each, Kelly and Shona were talking about the lack of success in finding a place of their own, as the university accommodation was basic, the last apartment they had, the landlord had raised the rent which made it so they couldn't afford it.

This gave me a germ of an idea "guy's" I butted in "why don't you move in here?" they both looked at me their mouths hung open in amazement, excitedly I carried on "there's plenty of room, I know I have only known you properly for a short time but I'm sure we'll get on together"

"Susanna" Shonali interrupted "you don't have to do this, as much as I like your apartment and you, we couldn't impose on you – could we Kel?" Kelly answered "no of course not it wouldn't be fair on you to have us two living here"

"Look the two for you" I carried on there is 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in this place, it's much too big for one, anyhow there is an ulterior motive for asking you, how better for me to learn about my new life than having my two teachers living with me, keeping me on the straight and narrow, please, please, please say yes".

We argued about my offer for about 20 minutes then I showed them the bedrooms and pleaded with them again and finally they agreed on the proviso that they shared in the rent. I agreed to this but secretly I decided that the rent money would go towards our social life and clothes.

We finally got down to the Internet research, and Kelly was back to her organising best: - I looked for name change and things that are needed. Shonali looked for feminising hormones and what is available. And Kelly took on the boobs, bums and bits (as she so delicately put it) otherwise know as the surgery information.

We got down to work, mine was an easy subject as one website gave me all the information I needed about changing my name by deed poll also how to change my title from Mr to Miss and it would cost about £60 as to change my passport, driving licence, bank details etc I would need what is called 'legal copies' of the deed poll documents, other authorities would accept photo-copies. Also I found out that if it could be proved I had gender dysphioia, my birth certificate could be changed by going to the Gender Recognition Panel! This was great news.

However I changed my name, filling the forms in there and then paying the fee and submitting it, when the paperwork came back to my there would be a list of who I needed to inform for my name change to be complete. I changed my name from Mr Stephen Edward Johnson to Miss Susanna Emma Johnson and selected the express postage so the paperwork would be with me by Tuesday.

My task completed Kelly reassigned me to helping Shona with Hormones, this was an interesting subject, we found out a lot about changing sex and the medications that help, we also found out about 'she males' which Shonali said would seem like the way to go until I change sex, I noticed that she didn't say if I changed but when I changed, we also found a questionnaire on a site that is based in the UK specifically for transsexuals and she males and a specialist asks a lot of questions similar to what we have just been through and gives you a course of treatment to achieve what you desire – this cost £100.
We were also warned off some anti androgens (this suppresses the effects of testosterone enhancing the effect of oestrogen) as these could chemically castrate me which at this time I did not really want, later maybe but not at this time.

Kelly in the meantime had done a lot of research on the surgery available, first thing was the NHS had very strict criteria on realignment surgery, which in a couple of years I would meet but in the meantime private surgery was the only option.
In the wake of the PIP implant scandal, she looked at private surgeons and had came up with a short list, two which were based here in the city we lived in and their reference's were really good, mind you who puts bad references on their web site, so to further check she accessed another two sites which gave further information about the surgeons so it would seem I would have a choice of two good surgeons used to gender reassignment surgery close to where I lived.
When it came to prices they were very generic depending on the work you needed, for breasts it was quoted at between £5, for an Adams apple reduction this was about £5k for vocal chord tensioning which could be done the same time as the Adams apple reduction £3k and for a full sex change £15 to £20k depending on the recovery process, so to get what I wanted now would come to at the very most £13k.

By now it was nearly midnight so the three of us sat back and discussed the options, over yet more wine, by now we were quite drunk so the discussions were not really sensible. This being the case we went back to the two of them moving in with me, they were still a bit unsure what with only knowing each other a couple of days, but like me they felt that we had clicked instantly so moving in seemed a good option, and as Shonali said they could keep me on course to becoming a true girl, including the appetite, and as I mentioned earlier periods and beauty routines, we decided to move them in tomorrow!

A few more drinks and we decided to go to bed, as with last night we all piled into my bed, using the same nightwear we had used yesterday, as we fell asleep I thanked them from the bottom of my heart for being such good people and friends, we fell asleep hugging each other.
This again made me wonder about full gender reassignment as I did not feel as a man should feel when sleeping with two stunning girls, it was just like sleeping with two friends, I had not the slightest lustful thought or feeling in my body – I made a decision to get counselling as soon as I could arrange it as I needed to sort my feelings out I also decided to see a surgeon about my breasts implants and Adams apple reduction, but that is for next week, so I drifted off to sleep.

Sunday we woke late had a quick breakfast then we were going to move Kell and Shona into my place, as I my breast forms had been on 2 days I decided to take them off to let my skin breath, so that day I used breast forms inside my bra, after carefully washing and moisturising my chest – I found that I really missed the weight of my breasts on my chest, the same with my Wee Vee I took that off and washed and moisturised my groin area and replaced it with a cachet sex that looked the same as a real girls vaginal area but I couldn't have sex in it. We dressed practically in skinny jeans and loose fitting T's to all intents we were three girls.
It took about 5 hours to move them to my place as none of us had a car we had to either carry their possessions or use a bus! But they were soon settled in, Then we turned our attention to food and soon the fridge was stocked with more feminine items of food (and of course wine instead of beer) so we could maintain our figures, off we went to the Asda Superstore where as well as getting food I spent a couple of hundred pounds on clothes as their George range is feminine and practical and really, really nice. I was really starting to enjoy shopping!

When we got home the three of us prepared supper, char grilled chicken, salad and new potatoes and discussed the next day at University, the first person I should seen was the course tutor who would I assume get me and appointment with the dean, luckily these days most people at uni are quite free thinking so I hoped I wouldn't have too many problems. We discussed this at length and the two of them were determined to be with me to provide moral support and a united front if there was any aggravation.

The next morning I was up well before Kelly and Shonali, I carefully positioned my breast forms and glued them into place, this week I was going to wear them until the Sunday, this week and every week until my own breasts were how I wanted them, the same was going to happen with the wee vee I would only take this off at regular intervals to wash and moisturise but then it was back on with it.
Once I was happy I slipped my nightie back on and dressing gown and started on breakfast for the three of us, fruit yogurt and toast.

The girls finally arrived and we discussed what to wear, I was for jeans and layered tops, but the two of them over ruled me and in the end we decided that I should wear a flower printed ice skater style mini skirt with a pink KISS ME T shirt, the lips on it highlighted in silver foil type printing, a camisole underneath for layering and an oversize cardigan; a large hobo type handbag to hold everything I needed for lectures, I has black tights and a pair of 3" heeled black ankle boots. Kelly and Shonali were similarly dressed they advised me on minimal make up for day time, my Swatch a few bangles and a necklace and we were ready to go to lectures and start the first day of the rest of my life.

I was terrified, what would the reaction be, would I be a figure of scorn, derision or hate, how would the few friends I had made react to me, how would the University react to me, all these things were going through my mind when Kelly (as usual) put it all into perspective when she made the three of us stop before a shop window. "Right" she said to me "look in here, what do you see?" It was a shoe shop so I said "lots of lovely shoes" she snorted "Susanna you can be so stupid at times, what do you see reflected in the window?" I looked again and came up with "the three of us". "Yes exactly – three girls, which is what you are now, a girl, a member of the superior sex, so remember that and be ready for the day but don’t forget the three of us are together – right?" "Right" I answered feeling a lot better and more resolute, and as usual she had hit the nail right on the head.

To be continued ----------- if you think it should, your comments are welcome and needed.

up
104 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Susanna is very, very

Susanna is very, very fortunate to have found two girls who have in such a super short time become true and real fast friends to her. Reading the prices, as described by Susanna, they seem rather low overall, are these real prices in England or just for the story? Am looking forward to reading how she does when arriving at and spending the first day at the Uni.

the Gang of Three

Rhona McCloud's picture

Noticing a typo of woman hood for womanhood produced a great image of Susanna, Kelly and Shonali as a gangster girl gang..
Do want to find out why Susanna is hesitant and hope it's not some past trauma.
With Shonali as a friend it would be fun to get Susanna into a sari as it is impossible to behave in an inelegant way waering one it would be a great teaching aid

Rhona McCloud

story

Just got done readed chapter 32 over on FM. Was wondered when you are to add more. Wish you would bring over here.

I'm making my new start of your story...

aking my new start of your story. It is good and you have many chapters ahead. I'm taken with the storyline. Can I borrow your friends?

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors