Ignorance is No Excuse for Hating Someone Part 13

Printer-friendly version

Haylee pours the feed she has for the horses. The temperature had dropped and she was outside in her winter gear feeding the animals. She spots John and Berry feeding the cows over near the other corral.

Haylee finishes feeding the horses and heads over towards John and Perry. She enjoys being out among her grandfather’s animals. She rides her four-wheeler over towards the animal feed and loads the trailer attached to her four-wheeler up with food. Afterward, she heads over towards the gate and head into the corral.

“Haylee, what are you doing?” Berry spotted Haylee with her trailer behind her carrying food further out in the field.

“Feeding the cows and bison.” Haylee stops her four-wheeler near Berry.

“Okay, where’s Roxy at?” Berry looks around for Roxy.

“She’s watching over Catori. Sphinx III is somewhere around here.” Haylee knew one of the wolves was on the property watching over her.

“Well, be careful out there.”

“I’ll be careful.” Haylee heads further out into the field to drop some food off.

She knew where all the food drops were, from helping her grandfather. Haylee makes her rounds, dropping off the food. Near the last feed dropped, she spots a body with some sort of collar around its neck. It was an older person, near her mother’s age.

She cautiously walks over to the person. There was something strange about them. They were dressed in some sort of skin-tight bodysuit. There was a numeric number tattoo on their neck. Where the bodysuit was torn, she could see a shiny reflection.

The person looked like they could either be male or female. The bodysuit they were wearing made them look genderless. Haylee pulls out her cellphone and calls the main house.

Jack’s House:
Jack was just getting dress when his cellphone starts ringing. He carefully picks it up. His chest was still hurting where Ed had punched his body armor and dented it. His chest was still bruised from the punch. He looks at the caller Id and notices it was his grandchild, Haylee. A smile appears on his face as he answers it.

“Good morning Haylee, what’s wrong.”

“Good morning grandpa. I found a strangely dressed person out here at the last food drop. I think they are still alive.” Haylee hadn’t touched
the body yet.

“Are you out there by yourself, Haylee?” Jack puts on a t-shirt he pulled from the dresser.

“No sir, I have Sphinx III with me and I think Waffles is nearby.” Haylee looks around for the coyote she has spotted on the property.

Every time she has gone out to feed the cows, horses, and bison her grandfather owns. She spotted a little coyote pup following her. The wolves that normally protect her, just ignored the little thing.

“Waffles?” That causes Jack to raise his eyebrows. He didn’t know they had a wolf on the property named Waffles.

“Sorry grandpa, I forgot to tell you we have a coyote pup on the property. I think it’s a female and it's been following me. I’ve left some food for it to gain its trust.” Haylee wouldn’t mind seeing what Waffle's gender really was.

“You can always send one of the wolves to fetch it, Haylee.” Jack knew his wolves would be careful with it.

“I know grandpa, but I want to gain its trust. What do you want to do with this person out here?” Haylee kept her eyes on the person.

“Stay with them, grandma and I will come out to investigate.” Jack grabs his gun holster and tucks it behind his back.

“Okay, grandpa.” Haylee ends the call.

After Haylee ends the call. Jack goes to find Debbie so she could come out to examine the person.

Last Feed Spot:
Haylee goes about spreading the feed out while waiting for her grandparents to arrive. She keeps an eye out for them. She spots Sphinx III sitting nearby watching over her. She spots Waffles sniffing the food she left for her.

Waffles look up at the strange human and the little human nearby. She spots the young wolf watching the little human girl. She has run into the wolf a few times. She starts eating the food left for her.

Haylee just watches the little coyote. She moves carefully towards the pup. Waffles let her get close enough to pet it.

“That’s a good girl.” Haylee pets the little coyote.

Waffles lets Haylee pet her while she is eating. After a while, the little coyote pup finishes its food. She rubs against Haylee.

“Alright, you can come home with me.” Haylee picks the little coyote up and holds it.

After fifteen minutes, Jack and Debbie show up. They see Sphinx sitting nearby, watching Haylee as she held a little coyote pup.

“Looks like you have a new pet, Haylee.” Debbie walks over to her granddaughter.

Out of all her grandchildren, Haylee was the animal lover in their family. She knew Haylee will make a good veterinarian.

“She found me, grandma.” Haylee held the little coyote pup.

“Where’s this person you found, Haylee?” Jack was looking for the person.

“Over here, grandpa.” Haylee leads her grandparents over to the person.

Debbie walks over to the person and checks to see if they still had a pulse. She notices that the collar the person had going around its neck, was similar to the wireless shock collars they sold in pet stores.

“Jack, someone put a shock collar on this person.” Debbie looks towards her husband.

Jack and Haylee walk over towards Debbie. Haylee kneels next to her grandmother “why would someone do this to a person?”

“For control, Haylee. Are they dead or just unconscious?” Jack looks down at his wife.

“Unconscious, but I’ve never seen this before.” Debbie removes the torn sleeve, exposing a metallic forearm and hand.

“Is that a bionic limb, grandma?” Haylee leans closer to look at it.

“I believe so, Haylee. Jack, do you know of any companies or organizations using this type of technology?” Debbie looks up at her husband.

“Most of the companies I know about are still experimenting with robotic limbs. This one looks a little more advanced then what they are dealing with.” Jack knew a few companies he contributes money to that was developing robotic limbs.

“Is the person alright, grandma?” Haylee stayed close to her grandmother.

“We need to get this person back to the clinic, so I can see how injured this person is.” Debbie figures she could tell more after examining the person.

Jack kneels down and scoops the person up off the ground. He carries the figure over towards the four-wheeler he uses to feed the animals.
Jack carefully lays them down in the trailer attached to it.

Debbie stands up and looks at Haylee “does your mother know you are here feeding the animals?”

“Yes, ma’am. I left a note telling my mothers I was feeding the animals.” Haylee always leaves a note informing her mothers where she is.

“Alright, go ahead and head home, Haylee.” Debbie reaches out and pets the coyote pup in Haylee’s arms.

“Yes, ma’am.” Haylee heads towards her four-wheeler and heads back towards her house.

Debbie stands up and walks over towards Jack’s four-wheeler and looks down at the person in the trailer. Whoever they were, someone went to a lot of work to make the person appear androgynous.

Jack and Debbie head back to the clinic. Once there, Jack carefully carries the person inside. He lays the person down on the examination table. He looks down at the person and wonders who they were and what they were.

Debbie puts a set of surgical gloves on after washing her hands and come over to exam the person. She looks at the person's teeth and noticed they weren’t human teeth, but canine teeth. It looked like every tooth this person had, had been replaced to give them an animal appearance. When she removes the skin-tight uniform, the body of the person looked like they had been made to look like a plastic doll body.

“Who would do something like this?” Debbie looks at the nude body.

“That’s a good question.” Jack moves closer to stand by his wife, as he looks down at the body.

The body looked genderless. There was a flesh covering down in the groin area that concealed whatever they had been given to let their
waste out of. The persons hands had no fingerprints and their fingernails had small claws on their hands and toes.

“Who would do this to a human being?” Debbie looks at her husband.

“I don’t know, but I’m going to find out. Can you remove that collar around their neck?”

“I don’t see why not.” Debbie looks at the collar and finds out where it joins.

When she goes to remove it, it starts beeping “Jack, I think this thing is going to explode.”

“Toss it in here.” Jack opens a door off the medic clinic.

Debbie tosses the collar and just as Jack shuts the door, it explodes. Jack felt the door rattle from the explosion.

“Someone didn’t want this person to live.” Debbie goes back examining the person.

up
168 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sounds like a hunter

Samantha Heart's picture

Or someone from the organization that they expermented on. Or could be a weare they expermented on.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

The Hunters again

Jamie Lee's picture

Could the Hunters have experimented on that person, or is there someone else involved?

If it was the Hunters then this is a good reason for their complete their demise.

And if someone else, then, oh great.

Others have feelings too.