Baby Sitting Job Chp. 2

Printer-friendly version

Becky watches as Marshal Bullock drove them. She was curious as they left downtown Knoxville and headed into the suburbs. She turns to look at Bullock “how do you know this person?”

“We’ve worked a few cases together. She and her family are professional bounty hunters and private investigators.” Which was something new that Kat’s family has recently gotten involved with.

“What’s so special about them?’ Becky was curious.

A smile appears on Bullock’s face. He wanted this to be a surprise both for Becky and for Kat. He does wonder how another person like Kat has come into existence. Kat had assured him that she was the only unique one around, besides her sister that looked like Gadget from
Disney’s Rescue Rangers.

“You’ll see when you see her.” Bullock continues to drive.

Becky sits back against the soft leather seat and watches what route they take. She was trying to memorize the route, just in case this person they were going to see, tried to kill her like the others. She reaches over to the environmental controls and turns the air down. She was feeling a little cold.

After twenty minutes, Bullock arrives at Kat’s and Paul’s residence. He noticed that Kat’s 1969 Mustang Boss 429 has been restored from the damage it took. Also, the armor Terradyne Kat’s team was using now, thanks to the one case they worked on.

He parks on the street and turns the truck off. He gets out and walks around to the passenger side and helps Becky down. She had a small gym bag of clothes Bullock bought for her this morning on the way to his office. She follows behind him as he walks up the driveway.

Becky looks at the armored Terradyne and the Mustang as they walk by them. The tags on the mustang were antique license plates but she spotted the police lights the police use now.

“Why does your friend have police lights on an antique car?” Becky was curious.

“Her father uses to be a police officer before he died.” Bullock had dug into Kat’s and Paul’s past.

Kat was the adopted daughter of a nurse and police officer. She got turned down by the Memphis police department because of the chief of police and because of her looks. The Chief of Police held a grudge against Kat because of her accusing him of the death of her father.

Paul on the other hand uses to be an enforcer for an Italian mafia family in New York that had been taken down by the FBI. Somehow he escaped arrest and it wasn’t because he turned on them either. The FBI just didn’t have a strong case against him and the Attorney General of New York didn’t have any witnesses or evidence to charge him.

He teamed up with Kat a year later after leaving New York and worked with her chasing down bad guys. After a while, the two of them got married and later adopted Brittney and Terri. They worked a case of a gay conversion camp that Brittney’s parents supported and showed the public what went on there.

He leads Becky to the backyard and knocks on the wooden fence door. He knew since Kat and Paul adopted Brittney and Terri they have worked on some high-profile cases. They have been in the news and hunted down by assassins from India sent by Brittney’s parents.

“Come on back, Bullock.” Kat had her hand on her gun just in case it wasn’t Bullock.

Bullock opens the wooden gate and steps aside to let Becky into the backyard. Once Becky walks past him, he secures the gate and leads her further into the backyard. He spots the above-ground pool that has recently been added to the yard and the new patio furniture and patio.

Becky stops behind Bullock as she looks at the backyard. A muscular man was standing behind a silver grill and she could smell hamburgers, hot dogs, and something else cooking on it. She has never smelled the other food before.

She also notices a woman that looks similar to her, wearing a black bikini, light shoulder-length blonde hair, and a scar on the middle of her chest looking right at them. There were two little toddlers near her in baby walkers. She also notices another girl with dark hair sitting at a patio table eating a hamburger. She was wearing a one-piece neon green swimsuit.

Kat and Paul immediately spotted the cat girl hiding behind Bullock. She couldn’t be any more than six or eight years old and had light blonde her with white tuffs. She looked like Kat did when she was younger. Paul looks toward his wife and notices she was stumped as well.

The girl looked like Kat did when she was little. He has seen some of the childhood pictures her mother and father took.

“Kat, Paul I would like for you to meet Becky.” Bullock gently coaches Becky from hiding behind him.

Becky stands in front of Bullock and wonders if this was some joke or if this was real. She looks at everyone and notices the woman who looked like her, was staring right at her. The look on the woman’s face was surprised and bewilderment.

“Becky, I would like for you to meet Kat Romano and her husband Paul Romano. Their daughter Jill and their twins Paul Jr. and his sister
Christy.” Bullock knew Christy was named after Kat’s mother. He didn’t see Terri anywhere.

Becky looks at everyone, but her gaze rests on Kat. For some reason, there was something familiar about her, but she couldn’t remember what it was. She waves at everyone as she stayed near Bullock.

Kat couldn’t believe that there was a younger version of herself standing in front of Bullock. So many emotions and feelings were going through her. She had been worried that the twins would have come out looking like her, but they didn’t.

Kat stands up and walks over towards Bullock and Becky. She kneels in front of her “it’s nice to meet you, Becky.” As Kat extends her hand to her.

Becky tentatively extends her small hand out and takes Kat’s hand. She feels Kat shake her hand gently as the two of them lock eyes. She noticed that Kat’s eyes were the same color as her own.

Kat could tell Becky was a little nervous and concerned. She could smell the nervousness coming off of Becky.

“You have nothing to fear here, little one. I won’t allow anyone to hurt you.”

“Do you promise?” Becky was relaxing slowly in Kat’s presence.

“I promise. Also, my husband won’t allow anyone to hurt you either. Isn’t that right, Paul?”

“You got it. I won’t allow any harm to come to you, Becky.” Paul flips a few burgers on the grill.

“Why don’t the two of you come on over and sit down at the table. I bet you are hungry.” Kat knew when she was Becky’s age, she could eat a lot of food.

Becky nods her head yes. She watches as Kat stands up and continues to hold her hand as she is led to the patio table. She feels Kat pick her up and place her in a chair near Jill.

“Paul, can you fix a plate for Becky?” Kat looks over towards her husband.

“Sure can, sweetie.” Paul looks at Bullock “what would you like, Bullock.”

“Two of those Bratwursts I smell with onions and peppers if you have any.” Bullock had skipped breakfast.

“We got them. That’s the only way Kat will eat them along with mushrooms and sauerkraut.” Paul looks at Kat and notices she was still
stunned by how Becky looked. However, she was in mother mode and goes about making sure Becky gets everything she wanted.

“Don’t forget the mustard. I like mustard on my bratwursts as well.” Kat walks over and stands next to Paul and fixes a plate for Becky.
Becky watches everyone. Especially Kat, since the two of them look so similar.

“Becky, what type of soda do you like?” Jill looks at the little cat girl sitting near her.

“I don’t have a favorite.” Becky has never had soda before.

“Well, let’s see if we can find out for you then.” Jill gets and grabs a Pepsi from the cooler over near her parents.

She also grabs a yellow solo cup and puts some ice in it. Just before she leaves the cooler. She looks over towards Mr. Bullock “would you like a beer, Mr. Bullock?”

“Sure, Jill and thank you.” Bullock smiles at Jill.

“You’re welcome.” Jill grabs one of her father’s favorite beers and takes it over to Mr. Bullock.

Bullock noticed Paul was going the bald route. A smirk appears on his face “going bald now, Paul?”

“I thought I would give it a try. This summer is supposed to be hotter than last year. Also, after going to India and tracking those assassins down. I wanted to try something new.” Paul works on Bullock’s plate.

“Well, I hate it. I like running my fingers through your hair.” Kat liked running her fingers through Paul’s hair.

Kat works on Becky’s plate. She knew what a girl her age will eat and how much. It use to drive her mother crazy when Kat was little and still hungry.

“Where’s Terry at?” Bullock noticed she was home.

“She’s working with my sister. She wants to become a lawyer like my older sister.”

“Don’t we have enough sharks already?” Bullock didn’t like lawyers that much.

“I think it suits her, Bullock. She’s the book type and when she is right about something, you better watch out.” Kat was proud of her younger daughter.

“Well, I hope your sister can teach her not to defend crooks. We already have enough of those sleazy lawyers.”

“She won’t. You have to remember she is still my daughter and has a strong sense of right and wrong.” Kat knew what type of lawyer Terry will be.

Jill walks over and places the beer in front of Bullock. She places the solo cup with ice in front of Becky and pours the soda into it.

“Take a taste and let me know what you think, Becky.” Jill stands near Bullock and Becky.

Becky picks the yellow solo cup up and tentatively takes a sip from it. The bubbles tickle her mouth and the drink was sweet. It was also cold as well. She looks at Jill “it tastes good.”

A smile appears on Jill’s face “another convert.”

Jill sits down at her place at the table and takes a sip of her drink, after sitting the rest of the soda in the can near Becky.

up
208 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This should be intresting

Samantha Heart's picture

I think.Becky will have a lot of questions for Kat & Kat for Becky AND Bullock both. And the good Martial will.tell some tough questions & somethings he probably can't tell as its an on going investigation., but knowing Kat like I do she WILL get involved because of Becky & find out exactly HAPPENED & WHO is behind it, & hopefully why they did ut.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Leary of others

Jamie Lee's picture

Becky has reason to be leary of other people, after someone tried to kill her. They tried, likely, to get rid of evidence to their illegal activities.

What they don't know, and probably don't care, Becky can't remember much at the present. At the present.

Others have feelings too.

I am betting

They will have a new addition to their family. She already looks like her potential adopted mother.