Don’t Mess with The Wolfhart Family Part 16

Printer-friendly version

Midnight, Sasha’s and Susan’s Mansion:
Angela was sitting on a floor pillow in the den while she made a database of sub-owners and dealers. She couldn’t believe how many people in the United States owned submarines. There were a few private dealers that could get old military subs.

There was one company that buys old military submarines and renovates them for special clients. According to the information on the company website. They just got done refurbishing three diesel/electric submarines. One has already been sold, but they still had two others.
The name of the company was called Underwater Adventures.

The owner of the company was a Wesleyan Webster and his company specialized in renovating old military ships and subs for the ultra-rich. His company also constructed specialized submarines for oceanic research facilities and universities.

Angela looks at the specs on the sub they renovated and sold. According to the specs, it would be something Ludlum and Mr. White would need to travel from Neptune Station to wherever they were heading too.

According to the specs, it had an operating depth of 300m, could carry fifty people, and stay underwater for weeks. The company that bought it was a shell company out of Newport News, Va. According to the records she managed to get help from the mountain. The company-owned and operated several shipping freighters that operated out of Newport News.

Angela covers up a yawn as she gets up and walks into the kitchen to fix herself a cup of coffee. When she walks inside the kitchen, she notices Robyn in the kitchen reheating a plate set aside for her.

“Your home late.” Angela walks behind the counter.

“We had a hostage situation to deal with.” Robyn could had handle the situation herself, but she was told to stand down.

“Your Captain wouldn’t let you help?” Angela knew Robyn worked LAPD SWAT.

“He had me in the mobile command unit. He said that until I’m cleared by my doctor, I won’t be allowed to do fieldwork.” Robyn was glad her mother’s fixed her a plate.

“Why do you want to be a police officer? You already do things that they can’t do.” Angela couldn’t understand that.

“I like helping people and I have been enjoying working with them. I’ve learned a lot from them.” Robyn hears the microwave ding when it was done.

She pulls her plate out and inhales the aroma coming off the food. She could tell her mother Susan made dinner. It was one of her mother’s specialty dinners. She walks around the counter and sits down on the barstool.

“Are you still going to perform, or have you given that up?” Angela watches as the coffee pours into her coffee cup.

“I’m still going to perform. Have you made any headway into where Ludlum and his friend went?” Robyn looks at Angela. She knew her cousin has been working on that since she and her uncles returned from Oklahoma.

“I’ve made some headway on the case. However, until we hear back from the helicopters that Grandma Blake sent. We won’t know where Ludlum is heading.” Angela adds sugar and cream to her coffee.

“Can you bring up the map where you say they are, please?” Robyn wanted to see where Ludlum could go.

“Sure, let me get my laptop.” Angela walks back into the den and picks her laptop up. She also grabs a bunch of papers and a legal pad she has been using for notes.

Angela walks back into the kitchen with everything and set the laptop on the counter. She faces it towards Robyn so she could look at it.

“Here’s where I think Ludlum went.” Angela brings up Neptune Station.

“Alright.” Robyn looks at the research station. She enlarges the area to see where Ludlum could head to.

“That’s where he would go to resupply. However, the sub he is using doesn’t have the range to get him anywhere.” Angela figured out what type of sub, Ludlum was using.

“Alright, so what sub would you think he is in now?” Robyn looks at her cousin for an answer.

“This one. It was just renovated by Underwater Adventures, along with two others. They are diesel/electric subs with an operating depth of 300m. it could have met him at Neptune Station or meet him anywhere within this distance from the station.” Angela uses her light pen to circle on the computer screen how far out the other sub could go to rendezvous with the sub she thinks Ludlum is heading to.

“Okay, so according to your notes. This other sub could operate underwater for weeks on end.” Robyn widens the screen to see where else Ludlum could go.

As she looks at the screen, she spots three possible spots he could head to. She enlarges the area to look at them. There was a research facility off the coast of Colombia. There was another one off the coast of Cat Island.

“I don’t think Ludlum would go to either of these. They are too close to the United States. I’m thinking he’ll go for this one.” Robyn zooms in on
the one off the coast of Sardinia, Italy.

“Why do you say that?” Angela looks at Robyn for an explanation.

“Because it’s outside of the United States and it’s privately owned.” Robyn tries to bring up information about it, but there wasn’t anything listed.

Angela looks at Robyn as she tries to identify the underwater facility but couldn’t. They could see that there was a station there, but they couldn’t identify who owned it or what it did.

“Here, let me try.”

“Okay.” Robyn turns the laptop towards Angela.

Angela tries to find out more about the station. Every time she tries to access the Italian database. She gets booted out of their system. She tries again and finally manages to get into their system. She tries locating the owner of the station, but there isn’t anything in their system.

Robyn had finished her meal and watched Angela as she tried several times to get into Italy’s government database. She watches as Angela tries to locate information in the research lab. When Angela’s searches don’t provide anything.

“I think someone in the Italian government is helping them hide it.” Robyn couldn’t think of another reason why it wouldn’t be listed.

“Still, we need to determine if Ludlum is heading in that direction. I think we need to call your grandmother and have her have the helicopter search for that sub.”

“Already on it.” Angela sends an email with everything she has to her aunt Ivy.

Both girls look at the clock on the microwave and notice it was four in the morning.

“I’m glad I’m off tomorrow.” Robyn covers up a yawn as she rinses her dish and put it in the dishwasher.

“I know what you mean.” Angela shuts her laptop down and closes it.

Both girls walk out of the kitchen and upstairs to their respective bedrooms.

up
142 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I hope they find this guy.

Samantha Heart's picture

He is TROUBLE with a Capital T & about as slippery as an eal.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.