The Assignment - Part 1

Printer-friendly version
"The Assignment"
Part One
by Jengrl

 
My Creative Writing teacher at Kennedy High School always told us to write what we know. Ms. Jacobs always liked to challenge her students to use our imaginations to the fullest. Little did I know how my life was about to change the day she gave us "The Assignment"


 
My Creative Writing teacher at Kennedy High School always told us to write what we know. Ms. Jacobs always liked to challenge her students to use our imaginations to the fullest. Little did I know how my life was about to change the day she gave us "The Assignment"

We were all seated when she came in and started taking the roll and then she went over and pulled the screen that covered the blackboard. On it was written " What My Life Would Be Like As The Opposite Sex" This was greeted by several derogatory comments from the musclebound section of the room, followed by a loud murmur of discussion from the girls. I just sat there in silence just taking it all in. I had always wondered about what it would be like if I had been born a girl. The class finally settled down and she went on to explain what she would require from us with this assignment. "The jocks in the corner will give this their best effort or they will fail and will be suspended for the rest of the season. I have informed Coach Peterson that some of you are skating on thin ice already" Ms. Jacobs warned. She then told us we had two weeks to gather as much information and put our imaginations into a ten page paper which would count for thirty percent of our grade.

Our school is not well known for being tolerant of differences. If you weren't a Jock or a Cheerleader, you were considered a nobody. We had the usual problems with drugs, underage drinking and fights. There were some people in our school that stood out like sore thumbs, while other just tried to blend in. I thought I was in the latter category, but I soon found out that sometimes you are the last to know. That day was just like any other in the story that makes up my pathetic existence. Just getting to Ms. Jacob's class had been an adventure in itself. Blake Chisholm and Bruce Wilson had tripped me in the hall and laughed as I fell flat on my face. It was all I could do to suck it up and not break down and cry. I just couldn't give them that satisfaction. When I entered class, Rachel Wright had been the only one who expressed any concern for me whatsoever. The other girls didn't really speak to me because it was considered "uncool" to speak to the class doormat. I was too ashamed to speak to any of the teachers or the Principal because being an informer was considered a sure fire way to more severe consequences.

I left the classroom with ideas floating around in my head and decided that I needed the help of someone who knows what being a girl is really like. My sister, Joanie, was the only one I knew I could trust to help me. I did have one of the cooler cars in the student parking lot. It was a Candy Apple Red 65' Mustang my granddad left me when he died and that did earn me a small amount of respect from the "Gear Heads". I got in and made my way home. Joanie was just getting in the door herself. She had gotten a ride home from Josh Clark, her boyfriend of six months. She was one of the prettiest Sophomore girls in our school. I was one year older and scrawny as I could be. I might have weighed 130 at the most. I told her about my assignment and her eyes lit up with excitement. She then started talking ninety miles an hour about all the things I could do to experience what it is like to be a girl. Somewhere in the middle, I put up my hand and motioned for her to stop. She finally wound down and I was able to lay out my fears and anxieties about what the other kids would do to me if I dared come to school like that. She told me that we could experiment by dressing me in one of her outfits and doing my makeup. I reluctantly agreed and she told me to go take a bath and wash my hair. I went in and stripped my clothes off and ran a steaming hot bath. Joanie had a jar of lavender bath beads next to the tub and I decided to add a few for the effect. The bathroom was filled with sweet fragrance. Joanie hollered from the other side of the bathroom door to lather up and shave my legs and pits. Strangely enough, I had never really had to shave my face and my legs and armpits were not all that hairy either. I guess I was a late bloomer who had yet to bloom. After completing a good soak and taking care of all that she required, I stepped out of the tub and was greeted by a pink towel with a pair of pink polka dotted panties and a matching bra. I wondered how she got in here unnoticed. I guess I fell asleep or something.

I came out of the bathroom with the towel wrapped around my head and wearing the bra and panties. I felt a little empty on top and mentioned it to her. She just laughed and explained that the "Boob Fairy" doesn't just make a stop and give them to you at once. She did finally agree that we really didn't have a lot of time for me to experience this, so she then produced two lifelike forms and inserted them in each cup. She sat me down at her vanity and started rolling my wet hair. As she worked, she explained how to do it and in what order they needed to go in. I figured that it would just be one more experience to add to my paper. She then, put a net over them and set me under our mother's salon dryer in her bedroom. As my hair was drying, she began to work on getting my toenails and fingernails filed and polished in a Rose Pink shade. They had been a mess! The dryer dinged and she took me out from under it and sat me back down at her vanity. Her mirror has an old comforter draped over it so I couldn't see anything. She began by moisturizing my face and then started trimming and plucking my eyebrows. It hurt! She assured me that nobody would really be able to tell if they had been too feminine. I trusted her so I let her go on and do her thing. She then started on foundation and applied it with a cosmetic sponge. She used translucent powder to set it and then started working on my eyes, lining them with a pencil and adding shadow and mascara. She blended some beige blue and copper tones into my lids and brushed my lashes with two coats of mascara on the upper and lower lids. She then added some peach blush to my cheeks and outlined my lips in mauve, finishing with a medium Starburst Pink on my lips. She had me change into a pair of nude pantyhose, white satin slip, matching camisole and sleeveless button down white satin blouse with Rose Pink knee length skirt and matching jacket. She then sat me down and removed the rollers, brushing out my hair and giving it some body. Thank goodness I had always kept it long. I would have hated to wear a wig in this hot weather. She brought out some matching pink 2" heels and slipped them on my feet. It seemed odd that they fit me perfectly, because both my mother and sister had smaller feet than I do. Anyway, She got me standing up and helped steady me. She asked me to close my eyes and then open then when she told me. She removed the comforter and then counted one, two, three. I opened my eyes and said "Oh My God" and then fainted!


 
To Be Continued....

up
99 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looks like Joanie had this

Looks like Joanie had this planned for a while. Interesting start, I'll look forward to see where you're going with this!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Creative Writing

littlerocksilver's picture

This could prove to be an interesting ride. ;-) Portia

Portia

I like it,

Looking forward to more. :)

Do we know his name yet

or did I miss it?

Look s like it could be a good read.

Any chance of smaller paragraphs? it's easy to lose your place!

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Sigh!

I wish I could have had a sister like Joanie! I would have settled for any sort of sister! I used to dream about dressing and makeup and long hair! This looks to be a wonderful story and I expect to blubber alot!

Diane

Uh! Oh!

joannebarbarella's picture

Funny about those shoes!
Joanne

Somehow I don't believe the

Somehow I don't believe the shoes are "magic shoes", so my guess is that either his sister or mother bought them for him because they had figured out he was trying on their clothes at different times and would eventually need shoes that fit. J-Lynn

This Reads Very Much

Like a Janet Stickney story. She is one of my favorite authors.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine