You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 25

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Three

By SaraUK

 

Part 25

Chapter 63

    The girl’s had all decided on Chinese takeout for dinner on the Tuesday night, so they could all go and get a couple of hours sleep before getting ready to go to the club later in the evening.

    They had all set their alarms for a set time, and Mandy had taken everybody’s orders before they went to bed, so she had come down and rang the order through before going back up to take a shower.

    Jayden had ordered for Callum as well as herself. She talked Callum into stopping the night, and also coming to the house so she could watch him become Kara. Jayden had just got down stairs when she heard the door bell, so she ran over to see if it was Callum or the delivery guy. It was Callum, so Jayden pulled him into the house before closing the door and then throwing her arms around his neck before kissing him.

     “Damn, I thought you were the delivery guy.” Jayden said with a pout when she stopped kissing him, but she soon started smirking, which let Callum know she was just teasing him.

     “I’m in the wrong line of business, if this is how fast food delivery guy’s get treated.” Callum grinned back at her, just before kissing again.

    They stopped kissing when they heard the doorbell again, so Callum got the door this time. Jayden giggled when she saw the strange look Callum gave her. It was like he didn’t trust her not to greet the delivery guy the same way she greeted him just minutes ago.

    Callum opened the front door and found a man holding a couple of large carrier bags sporting the name of the local Chinese on them. Callum knew he must have been expecting one of the girl’s to answer the door due to the way his smile dropped when he saw Callum stood there. Callum paid the man when he said how much it was, and told him to keep the change. This put a smile on the man’s face again. Jayden tried to take one of the bags off Callum, but he stopped her.

     “I’ve got these, just open the kitchen door and let the others know that the food is here.” Callum said, as he turned in such a way that it stopped Jayden being able to grab any of the bags. Jayden smiled at him, and then she ran off up stairs to tell the others dinner was here.

    Mandy was already back down stairs and in the kitchen when Callum entered. He placed the two large bags of food down on the worktop and then turned to say hello to her. “Hi Mandy.”

     “Hi Callum. Who do I owe for the food?” Mandy asked as she walked over to where Callum was stood.

     “I paid for it, but don’t worry about giving me the money.” Callum waved her off. “I’ve had more than my fair share of meals here, so it’s nice to return the favour for once.” Callum added with a chuckle.

     “You don’t have to do that Callum, we’re more than happy to feed you anytime.” Mandy argued, but could see that Callum’s mind was already made up, and she wasn’t going to get away with giving him any money back for the food.

     “I know that Mandy, but I just feel better knowing that I am able to put my hand in my pocket and cover the cost of a takeout meal or two.” Callum smiled.

     “Well thank you for buying us all dinner then Callum.” Mandy said with a smile, as she set out the plates on the table, just before she started working out who had ordered what.

    Mandy was using the list she’d made, and a menu from the Chinese to work out what everyone had asked for. Callum saw what Mandy was doing, so he started shouting out the numbers on the cartons, and Callum would then put it down in front of that person’s seat. They had it all sorted by the time Jayden got back down stairs being followed by all the others.

     “You need to thank Callum for dinner tonight.” Mandy said as they all took their seats at the table. “He wanted to treat us all as a thank you for all the meals we’ve cooked for him.” Mandy added.

    All the girls smiled and said thank you. Chrissy said he didn’t need to do it, but she was glad he’d been able to show them he liked the meals they cooked for him.

    Callum found himself laughing as he watched the girls all trying each other’s dinner, and sharing it. Even he ended up sharing and trying the others food as well.

    Chrissy and Amy served up some of the fruit they did on Sunday that they never used in the end for desert with some ice cream. Then they all set to work washing and drying the dishes before heading up to get ready for a night out.

    Jayden went with Callum to Chrissy’s room so she could do his makeup for him. Callum wasn’t going to pass up letting Chrissy make Kara look as beautiful as possible when she offered to do his makeup for him. Callum then stood and watched Chrissy do Jayden’s makeup for her before they both ran off down the hall to Jayden’s room to get dressed. Chrissy had also attached Kara’s breast forms and wig while she was doing her makeup.

    All the girls were back down in the kitchen having a glass of wine when the doorbell went off. Mandy went to the door with the others following close behind. It was a driver from the hotel with a minibus stood on the doorstep smiling at them when Mandy opened the door.

     “Good evening miss.” The driver said as he smiled at Mandy. “I’ve been sent to collect you and your party, and then deliver them to The Closet.” The man added still smiling.

    Mandy already knew that Vicky was going to be late getting done with Carl, so they had told her that a minibus would be coming for them. All the girls left the house and got on the minibus while Mandy armed the alarm and then locked the front door. The driver helped Mandy get into the minibus and then he closed the door before walking around and getting in behind the wheel and driving them to the club.

    Frank opened the side door on the minibus when it pulled up outside the club, then he helped all the girls get out before closing it again and banging on the side to let the driver know he could return to the hotel.

    Chrissy and Amy waited for the minibus to move so they could look across the road and make sure they weren’t being watched. The pavement was clear on the other side of the road, so they then let Amber and Becky drag them into the club and up to the VIP section for a drink before they did a walk around the club.

    There were already a group of girls all sat around on the sofas in the private section of the VIP area, but Chrissy and Amy both started grinning when they realised it was Cathy, Sara, Jo, Danni, Rachel and Samantha sat there grinning back at them. Chrissy and Amy let go of Amber and Becky’s hands, so they could run over and give them all a hug.

     “Samantha! What’s the new job like? Are you having fun? Have they let you work on any of the girls yet?” Chrissy asked one question right after the other.

     “Amazing, yes and yes.” Samantha said with a smile as she worked out quick answers to all the question she’d just been asked.

     “You’ll have to point them out if there here at the club tonight.” Amy said as she also gave Samantha a hug.

     “There’s one stood here right now.” Samantha said as she held her hand up towards Danni, who was stood with an arm around Jo’s waist.

    Danni suddenly looked very nervous as Chrissy and Amy started looking at her makeup with a keen eye. “Do I look okay?” Danni asked in a husky, but female sounding voice.

     “You look very good Danni, and I love the voice.” Chrissy smiled, as she held her arm open to give Danni a hug. “I’m happy to see you out again so soon.” Chrissy added as they hugged each other.

     “Jo got talking to Rachel and Sam Sunday night after we left, and then Rachel said that Cathy was looking for people to practice on, so Jo offered me up as a guinea pig, so here I am.” Danni said with a grin, not really bothered about being used as a test subject.

     “Looks like Jo got used for one as well.” Amy added with a smile as she looked at Jo’s perfect looking makeup job.

     “I even got dragged into it when I called in at the hotel this afternoon to see how Samantha was doing on her second day.” Rachel said, as she did a quick spin to let them all see how she looked from all sides.

     “You did all three sets of makeup then Samantha?” Chrissy asked looking impressed with what Samantha had learned in such a short length of time.

     “I had help from Cathy and Marie, but I did most of it myself.” Samantha said with a grin. “I even did my own makeup as well.” She added as she started fluttering her eyelids.

     “I’m really happy for you Samantha.” Chrissy said as she gave her another hug.

    Amy got another hug from Samantha and then she stood talking to Amy and Amber while Chrissy stood with Becky while she talked with Jo and Danni. Chrissy looked around when she felt someone tap her on the shoulder. Chrissy found Rachel stood there smiling at her.

     “Can I have a quick word with you Chrissy?” Rachel asked.

     “Sure Rachel.” Chrissy said as she let go of Becky and then stepped off to one side, so Rachel could speak to her. “Is everything alright?” Chrissy asked.

     “Everything is fine Chrissy, in fact it’s better than fine.” Rachel said grinning now, as she looked at Samantha laughing as she stood talking to Amy about something. “I was beginning to worry about Sam’s mood, and how depressed he was getting, but now it’s like he’s a new person again.” Rachel added just before wrapping her arms around Chrissy and hugging her.

     “I’m glad he found a job Rachel, but I can’t see as I’ve done anything to help him get it.” Chrissy said with a shrug when they stopped hugging each other.

    Rachel laughed before she spoke again. “Cathy said you’d be like that Chrissy. But you’re wrong. You gave Sam some lessons about makeup, and he, or more she is using it to make a living now.” Rachel added just before giving Chrissy another hug.

     “Either way I’m happy for him.” Chrissy smiled. “I see you’ve made a couple of new friends as well?” Chrissy said as she looked at Jo and Danni stood with Amy, Amber and Samantha.

     “Yes we have. Jo and Dan came round for drinks last night and they got to meet Samantha.” Rachel explained. “Sam wanted to show me the new look Cathy and Marie had shown her yesterday, so she came home dressed, and then got up and went to work dressed as well.” Rachel said with a grin.

     “Do you think Sam will be around much then from now on?” Chrissy asked with a thoughtful look as she looked over at Samantha laughing and giggling with Amy.

     “I’m not sure, but either way I will still love him just as much as I always have.” Rachel said it with pride.

    Chrissy gave Rachel another quick hug and then let her get back to Samantha while she went to be with Becky again. Chrissy and Becky wandered off to do a walk around the club and found that Amy and Amber were following with Jayden, Kara, Jo, Danni, Rachel and Samantha following close behind. The DJ was soon playing a song Chrissy and Amy liked, so they lead them all onto the dance floor.

    Danni never even bothered to try and fight Jo tonight; she just followed the others and started dancing around. That’s how the night went on after that. Chrissy and Becky were both working, but they still found time to get on the dance floor when they weren’t up in the VIP section resting their feet.

    Carl had sorted out for the minibus to take everyone home at the end of the night. Chrissy and the others got to see where Jo’ lived, and also where Rachel and Samantha lived as they were dropped off at home.

    Jayden was quick to drag Kara up to her room when they got back to Mandy’s house. Chrissy was grinning because she knew what Jayden had planned for Kara when they got up there. Jayden had asked to borrow Chrissy’s old uniform from St.Trinian’s earlier in the day, and she was planning to play dress up with Kara.

     “Take off your dress Kara, but not anything else.” Jayden said just before vanishing into her closet. She was soon coming back out with two garment bags, which she laid on the bed before opening them.

    Kara let a grin spread across her face when she saw the uniform. “You want me to dress up as a school girl for you?” Kara asked, still grinning.

     “No, I want the two of us to dress up as school girls.” Jayden said as she unzipped the second garment bag to reveal another school uniform for her to wear.

    Kara was soon out of her dress and letting Jayden help her get the uniform on. Kara already had stocking and suspenders on thanks to Jayden pushing her to do so before they went to the club. Kara could see why now. Kara soon looked like a very naughty school girl, and then she helped Jayden get her uniform on so they matched. The only difference between the two of them was that Jayden’s uniform had a little badge on the tie that said prefect.

     “Does that mean I have to do as I’m told?” Kara asked, as she pointed at the badge and started grinning.

     “Yes it does Kara, and to start with, I want to search you for illegal contraband. “ Jayden said as she started running her hands all over Kara’s body. Jayden soon found Kara was hiding something, and she confiscated it a number of times through the night.

    Kara and Jayden fell asleep in each other’s arms. Jayden feeling like she’d handed out a suitable punishment, and Kara feeling like she’d been suitably punished.


*****

    There was a buzz in the air the next morning as they all sat around the breakfast table having something to eat. Amy and Chrissy were almost bouncing up and down in their seats wanting to be on the road and heading for the airport.

    Callum was glad when the girls all went back up to finish getting ready to leave. He’d been grilled about what Kara and Jayden had gotten up to after getting home from the club. Both he and Jayden had just started grinning while their cheeks turned a deep shade of red. This had all the others grinning and giggling.

    Brad had also stopped the night as well as Carl, so Carl washed the breakfast dishes, while Brad and Callum wiped them. They had them all done by the time the girls were back down stairs and ready to leave.

    Carl had sorted out for a minibus from the hotel to come and pick them all up because it would have meant them taking too many cars otherwise. They all got on the minibus when it arrived and Carl waited for Mandy while she locked up the house, then he helped her onto the minibus before getting in himself. They picked Sara and Cathy up on the way and then they headed for the airport.

    They’d all been on the plane before, so they all hugged Paul and Mark when they got to the plane, then they all got on and settled down to enjoy the flight. Amy and Amber sorted out drinks for everyone, while Chrissy just sat and cuddled with Becky. Chrissy wanted to help, but she and the others had worked out that Becky would be more inclined to want to help as well if she did, so Chrissy was making the sacrifice and doing less to help Becky take it easy.

    Carl had hired a minibus, and it was waiting for them when they landed. There was no driver because Brad had said he’d drive. He programmed the sat nav, but thought he could remember the way from when they came to clear out the house when they thought Chrissy’s mum was selling it. Debbie and Vin decided they would buy it though in the end, and they also said they would sort out getting rid of anything Holly and Greg didn’t want to take with them.

    Debbie was back at home again with the new baby, but she still hadn’t decided on a name, so the girls didn’t know what to call it yet. They all hoped that Debbie would have picked a name by the time they got there.

    Chrissy let out a sigh as she rested her head on Becky’s shoulder while she stroked her hand on Becky’s belly.

     “You okay baby?” Becky asked as she rested her cheek against the top of Chrissy’s head, smelling the coconut shampoo Chrissy had washed her hair with that morning.

     “I’m fine.” Chrissy said in a dreamy voice. “I’m just thinking about our babies, and how it’s going to feel holding Debbie’s, knowing that we will have two of our own very soon.” Chrissy added with some excitement in her voice.

     “I hope you’re not getting cold feet?” Becky asked with humour in her voice.

    Chrissy heard that Becky was just teasing her, so she never lifted her head when she answered. “No not cold feet my love. I just want to rush it along, so I can do something, and not just stand around waiting, feeling useless.”

     “I wouldn’t call working two jobs or three if you count the body guard work you’ve taken up doing as well.” Becky giggled. “As you being useless.” Becky added as she slid an arm around Chrissy and pulled her in tighter to her side.

     “That’s all everyday stuff. I mean I want to be feeding and changing the babies.” Chrissy said with pleading in her voice and she moved her hands around to indicate feeding a baby, and then what Becky hoped was changing a baby’s nappy.

     “You’ll be doing all that soon enough, and I’m sure I’ll be happy to have them out of me too, soon enough.” Becky let out a sigh as she thought about how big she was going to get with having twins. “I’m going to be all big and fat.” Becky added with a pout.

     “You’re going to be pregnant.” Chrissy purred as she lifted her head and then looked Becky in the eyes with a big smile on her face, just before she kissed her.

    Becky didn’t mind any of the being pregnant stuff anymore, she had been worried about it when she thought they might never find Chrissy, but all that was in the past, and Prue was happy with how Becky was doing now. Becky even found herself wanting to be done with the pregnancy, not because she was sick of it already, but because she also wanted to see Chrissy playing a mother. Becky thought it was a role Chrissy was born to play so well. Becky was soon giggling along with all the others when she heard Amy shout something to Brad.

     “Are we there yet?!” Amy whined from somewhere near the back of the minibus.

     “I must say that is one bit of being parents I’m not looking forward to.” Becky said when they stopped giggling.

     “I was thinking that if we started teaching them how to read a map before they start to speak, then they won't have to keep asking us if we’re there yet.” Chrissy said in a matter of fact way, like she really meant it.

    Becky and some of the others all turned to look at her, like they also thought she was being serious, but they all let out a sigh of relief when they saw her grinning at them.

     “Let me know how that works out for you?” Carl said with a grin as he looked over at Chrissy from the row of seats just in front, where he was sat cuddled up to Mandy.

     “I’m thinking of trying some form of sticky tape!” Brad shouted from the driver’s seat, as he looked in the rear view mirror at Amy sat near the back of the minibus cuddled up to Amber.

    Amy must have realised what Brad was saying, because she suddenly cuddled up closer to Amber, keeping very quiet.

     “Threats seem to work just as well.” Ann said as she looked over her shoulder and saw the worried look Amy now had.

     “I’ve got an even better way of shutting this kid up.” Amber said with an evil grin on her face as she turned to look at Amy. Amy had a hurt look that soon turned to worry when she saw the grin Amber was showing her. Amy soon relaxed again though, when Amber leaned over and kissed her just before she felt Amber’s tongue snake its way into her mouth and started stroking her own tongue in a playful way.

    Amy found herself liking Amber’s way better than Brad’s, not that she was in any rush to find out what Brad’s sticky tape way would feel like.

     “I’d still like to try my way out to make sure.” Brad said looking moody, but he was soon smiling again when he saw that Amber was still keeping Amy quiet at the back of the minibus.

     “I might let you try it out on me some time baby, if you behave yourself.” Ann smiled. Ann soon lost the smile when Brad had to swerve back onto his own side of the road.

    Brad had suddenly started daydreaming about having Ann tied to his bed while he had his wicked way with her. The minibus had drifted across the white line and came close to clipping a car coming in the other direction, but he swerved back onto his own side before that happened.

     “Can you please refrain from distracting the driver!” Jayden said in a panicked voice as she clung onto Callum.

     “Sorry.” Ann said with a nervous giggle as she turned to look out the front of the minibus, while she gripped onto the seatbelt. Even Ann had realised how stupid it was saying stuff like that to Brad while he was driving the minibus.

    Everyone was happy when Brad pulled up outside Chrissy’s old house. Sara and Cathy were the only two that had never been here, due to them being on their honeymoon when they all came to sort out packing everything away ready for selling the house.

     “So this is where you grew up then Chrissy?” Sara asked as she looked around the street, trying to picture a little Chrissy running around.

     “Sort of Sara, but it was Chris that grew up here, not me.” Chrissy pointed out with a smile.

     “Sorry Chrissy, I wasn’t thinking.” Sara said feeling stupid.

     “Don’t be Sara. You never got to meet Chris, not that you were missing much.” Chrissy shrugged.

     “I’m happy I got to meet the real you Chrissy.” Sara smiled as she pulled Chrissy in for a hug. “Now let’s go and see this new baby.” Sara said as she broke the hug and acted like it was Chrissy holding them all up.

    Chrissy let out a giggle as she let Becky take her by the hand and then lead her up the driveway to the front door. Amy was already there ringing the new doorbell that had been fitted since they were last here. Vin answered the door and smiled as he let everyone into the house and pointed towards the living room.

    Tiffany was whizzing around in a walker playing with some plastic shapes on a tray the walker had, while Debbie was sat on the sofa nursing the cutest little baby any of them had ever seen. They all let Chrissy sit down on the sofa next to Debbie, while the others all took whatever empty seat they could find. Amy and Amber knelt on the floor in front of Debbie, so they could get a better look at the baby.

     “He’s so beautiful Debbie.” Chrissy said in a whisper as she reached out and touched the baby’s tiny hand. The baby gripped one of Chrissy’s fingers and started pulling on it. “Hi Debbie.” Chrissy added with a smile as she realised she hadn’t spoke to her since entering the room.

     “Hi Chrissy, everyone. I’m glad you all made it up here.” Debbie smiled as she looked around the room at them all.

    Everyone smiled and gave a little wave back, as they all watched Chrissy looking down at the baby with a wanting look in her eyes. Debbie knew what Chrissy wanted, and was only too happy to let someone else have some time with the baby, so she could go and make them all a drink.

     “Here you go Chrissy, you could do with the practice.” Debbie said as she carefully handed Chrissy the baby.

     “Are you sure Debbie?” Chrissy asked as she carefully took the baby and nursed him in her arms.

     “I’m very sure Chrissy. I can’t think of anyone safer to trust with my baby.” Debbie said as she gave Chrissy a little kiss on the cheek.

     “Have you thought of a name yet?” Chrissy asked, as her cheeks went red from blushing over the little kiss Debbie had just given her.

     “Yes we have. Christopher Scott Little.” Debbie said with pride. “And before you ask Chrissy, yes we named him after the young boy that once lived here.” Debbie added with a smile as she watched the look on Chrissy’s face change to one of total shock that they had just named their son after her, or who she once was.

     “You’re naming your baby after my old name?” Chrissy asked, just to make sure she’d heard Debbie right.

     “Yes we are. Vin and I talked about it, and we both think that you’ve done so much for our family since coming back into my life, that it’s the least we can do.” Debbie said as she got up from the sofa.

    Vin was stood in the doorway to the living room and he smiled when he saw the look on Chrissy’s face and the tear run down her cheek as she took it all in.

     “Are you both sure you want to name your Baby after me?” Chrissy asked as she looked at Vin this time.

     “Just like Debbie said Chrissy. I’m proud to call my son Chris.” Vin said looking proud like he’d just told her. “If he turns out to be half the person you are, then he’ll make me the happiest father on the planet.” Vin added as he looked at his son nestled safely in Chrissy’s arms.

     “I don’t know what to say other than thank you, but that doesn’t seem like enough.” Chrissy said as the tears rolled down her cheeks now freely. Becky was quick to get a tissue out her purse and wipe them away.

     “You helped us get this wonderful house Chrissy.” Debbie grinned as she waved her hand around the room. “You’ve already done more than enough.” Debbie added.

    Chrissy just sat smiling at Debbie and Vin for a couple of seconds before she heard the baby make a sound, then she was looking at the baby and speaking to him. “Hello little Christopher. I hope you have a more straightforward life than I had growing up, but I’ll let you in on something.” Chrissy said with a smile. “You have two wonderful parents and a big sister to keep you safe.” Chrissy added as she looked at Tiffany holding up a plastic animal for Mandy to look at on the other side of the living room.

    Debbie wiped away a tear from her cheek before speaking. “Who wants what to drink?”

     “Do you need some help Debbie?” Chrissy asked.

     “You’ve already got your hands full, and I have a feeling it will be some time before you get another chance to hold him, so I’ll cope.” Debbie said with a grin as she looked around the room at all the others waiting to get a turn holding the baby.

     “Amber and I will come and help Debbie.” Amy said as she jumped up and then helped Amber get to her feet again. “Vin can entertain the guests why we sort the drinks out.” Amy added as she pulled Vin into the room before leading Amber out to follow Debbie into the kitchen.

     “Your new baby is just as beautiful as the other one Debbie.” Amy swooned as they walked into the kitchen.

     “Thanks Amy. I’m just glad to have him out of me.” Debbie said with a sigh as she walked over and put the kettle on to boil.

     “That was a nice thing you did as well, naming the baby after Chrissy.” Amber said with a smile as she thought about the look on Chrissy’s face when Debbie told her. “Well after the old Chrissy that is.” Amber added with a puzzled look.

     “I know what you mean Amber.” Debbie giggled. “I like the name, and love the person that use to have it.” Debbie added.

    Amy and Amber couldn’t argue with that. They both loved Chrissy with all their heart and nothing would ever change that. They sorted out a couple of trays and then helped make a pot of tea and a pot of coffee.

    Mandy was sat with Tiffany on her knee when they all got back in the living room, and Chrissy was still sat nursing little Christopher in her arms with Becky still sat at her side. Vin had taken Tiffany out her walker while they all had their drinks, he didn’t want to risk Tiffany spilling a hot drink on herself if she got to close to a cup.

    Chrissy thought it was time to hand the baby back to Debbie when it started trying to latch onto one of Chrissy’s boobs. “I think he’s getting hungry Debbie.” Chrissy giggled as she watched him moving his little mouth over towards her breast.

     “It sure looks that way.” Debbie giggled as she took her old seat next to Chrissy again and then took the baby back into her arms. “I hope no one minds me feeding the baby?” Debbie asked just before she opened her top and then helped the baby start feeding from one of her breasts.

     “We’ve all brought the baby something, and we all got a little something for tiffany as well, but we thought it best to have it delivered here.” Mandy said once Debbie had the baby sucking on her breast. “They said it would be delivered at some point this afternoon.” Mandy added.

     “Thank you, but you really didn’t need to do that.” Debbie said.

     “I just hope you have enough room for everything we brought.” Mandy giggled. “We all kind of went a little mad with our spending.” Mandy added in a whisper just before she started giggling again.

     “You really didn’t need to.” Debbie said with a frown, but she didn’t look very serious though with a baby feeding from one of her breasts.

    Amy and Amber poured everyone except Chrissy and Debbie a drink out. Debbie because she was feeding Christopher and Chrissy had just taken Tiffany off Mandy’s lap and she was now sat playing with her as she watched her mummy feeding the new baby.

    Jayden sat watching Chrissy with the baby girl and thought she looked so natural as she played with the little baby girl. Jayden smiled as she turned to see what Callum thought of all this, but she stopped smiling when she saw that Callum looked to be lost in thought rather than taking in anything Chrissy or Debbie was doing.

     “Everything okay Callum?” Jayden asked as she put a hand on his to let him know she was sat next to him.

     “Yes, I’m fine.” Callum said as he suddenly came back to the present and turned to smile at Jayden.

     “You worried about getting your mum?” Jayden asked, already knowing the answer.

     “Not worried about going and picking her up, but I am worried about what she’ll do when I become Kara for her.” Callum said with a sigh.

     “Your mum will love Kara, just like I do.” Jayden smiled as she stroked the side of Callum’s face.

     “Not exactly I hope.” Callum said with a grin.

    Jayden smiled when she saw the grin on Callum’s face. This was the Callum she loved. “I didn’t mean it like that, but she will love having Kara as a daughter.” Jayden playfully slapped Callum on the arm as she said it.

     “What time did you say you’d pick your mum up anyway Callum?” Carl asked.

    Callum looked at his watch before he answered him. “I should be picking her up as we speak.” Callum said with a chuckle. “Where did the time go?” Callum asked himself more than anyone else in the room.

     “I’ll drive you round there Callum.” Brad said as he stood up.

     “I’ll come with you as well.” Ann said as she also got up of the seat.

     “You don’t need to Brad, I was just going to borrow the minibus and pop round myself.” Callum said, not wanting to put Brad out doing stuff for him.

     “I don’t mind Callum. There’s not much room in here for all of us, so it will give the others a little more room to spread out while we go and get your mum.” Brad said as she made his way over to the door.

    Callum could see that Brad was going to drive him to his mum’s house anyway, so he stopped trying to talk him out of it and just followed Ann and Jayden out the room.

     “We’ll be back soon everyone.” Brad shouted back as he left the house and walked over to the minibus parked at the roadside and opened the door for Ann and Jayden to get in. Callum got in the front with Brad, so he could give Brad directions to his mums house.

    The drive to Callum’s mum’s house didn’t take long in the minibus, and Callum sat looking at the house when Brad parked up on the road outside.

     “Do you want us to wait here, or would you like some help with your mum’s bags?” Brad asked.

     “You may as well come in with me; it could take a bit of time for my mum to finish getting ready to leave.” Callum smiled, knowing that his mum was never ready when she said she would be. “One look at you might stop Frazer from opening his big mouth anyway.” Callum added with a grin as he hoped Frazer would speak ill of Chrissy while Brad was within ear shot of it.

    Callum got out the minibus and he opened the side door and helped Ann and Jayden before Brad was able to get around to their side of the minibus. Callum took a deep breath and then led the others up to the front door and then he rang the bell.

    Diane, Callum’s mum opened the door and stepped out the house putting her arms around Callum and hugging him. “Callum honey, I’m so happy to see you here again.” Diane had the sound of tears in her voice as she spoke.

     “Hi mum. Did you think I wasn’t going to show up?” Callum asked as he hugged his mum back.

     “I thought I might get a call saying you couldn’t make it.” Diane said as she broke the hug and finally looked around at the other people with her son. The first person she spotted was Brad, as he towered above Jayden and another woman stood in front of the large man and to the side of Jayden.

     “Jayden would never let me not come and get you mum, even if I was thinking like that.” Callum said with a chuckle as he looked at Jayden stood just behind him.

     “Hello Jayden dear, I hope he’s been treating you well?” Diane asked as she held out her arms to give Jayden a hug.

     “Hello Diane. Yes he’s been treating me like a princess.” Jayden said as she hugged Diane back.

     “I’m glad to hear it dear.” Diane smiled as she broke the hug and then looked at Brad and Ann. “Who do we have here then Callum?”

     “Mum, I’d like you to meet Ann and Brad.” Callum said as he stepped aside to let his mum get a better look at them both.

    Diane held out her hand to Brad and he lifted his and took Diane’s small hand in his and gave it a light shake. “Ma’am, it’s nice to meet you.” Brad said with a smile.

     “Please call me Diane, and it’s nice to finally meet you.” Ann said looking up at him. “I thought Callum was joking when he told me how large you were.” Diane added with a giggle as she held her arms apart to indicate her use of the word “large”.

     “I have a good gym membership Diane.” Brad chuckled.

     “Hello Ann.” Diane said as she held out her arms to give Ann a hug.

    Ann took the hug and hugged Diane back. “It’s nice to meet you Diane. We all love having Callum around, and he’s madly in love with Jayden.” Ann smiled

     “I can see that every time I look at the way they look at each other.” Diane giggled. “I hear that congratulations are in order for you and Brad.” Diane added as she held up Ann’s hand to look at the ring Brad had put on it a couple of days ago. Ann just nodded with a grin as she let Diane have a look at her ring.

     “Is Frazer here mum, or as he already left on his fishing trip?” Callum asked.

     “He’s here. His fishing trip isn’t until the weekend.” Diane said as she led them all into the house, so she could get her bags and make sure that Frazer would be okay looking after himself for a couple of days.

    Frazer was stood at the kitchen table reading down a list of things Diane had left him to sort out before he left for his fishing trip on Friday afternoon. He turned when he heard footsteps and then he let a grin cross his face when he saw Callum follow Diane into the kitchen.

     “Well, well, well, if it isn’t Callum.” Frazer said heavy with sarcasm. “Has your little fagot of a friend come with you this time?” Frazer added with venom.

    Before anyone could say anything Frazer let out a chocking breath as a large hand gripped him around the throat and he was then facing Brad dangling a foot off the floor. Frazer’s face had already gone a deep shade of red from the grip Brad had around his neck.

     “If you like walking and chewing your own food my friend, I would pick your next words very carefully.” Brad said only just keeping his anger in check. “That’s one of my baby sisters you’re talking about, and I don’t like your choice of words.” Brad added as he dropped Frazer back to the ground, but didn’t let go of his neck.

     “I warned you to be more polite when Callum and his friends came to collect me.” Diane said, not paying much attention to the fact Brad still had him by the throat.

     “I’m very sorry.” Frazer croaked out, hoping that this would make the large man let go of his neck.

    Brad let go of Frazer’s neck and pushed him back as he did, to let Frazer know that any more nasty remarks would earn him a lot of pain.

    Callum, Jayden and Ann had all stood with their mouths open as they watched Brad treat Frazer like he was nothing but a toy he no longer wanted to play with.

     “Do you think you’ll be safe going anywhere with these people?” Frazer asked as he rubbed his throat and did a choking cough.

     “I’ve got no problem with Callum’s friends, so what do I have to worry about?” Diane asked as she put her coat on and checked her purse to make sure she had her money and house keys. “I’m going now. Don’t forget to lock up before you leave on Friday, and don’t forget to throw out what’s left of the milk before you leave too.” Diane added as she went to pick up one of her bags, but Brad stopped her and picked it up with her other bags.

     “I’ll take these out to the minibus for you Diane.” Brad smiled as he led the way back to the front door with Ann just in front of him, ready to open the front door for him.

    Brad put the bags in the back of the minibus, while Callum helped his mum, Jayden and Ann get in. He then got in the front passenger seat just before Brad got in the driver’s seat and then he shut his eyes and took a deep breath before speaking to Diane.

     “I’m sorry about what I did in there Diane. I just don’t like to hear people talk like that about Chrissy and Amy.” Brad said looking upset with himself.

     “Don’t worry about it Brad, I did warn him to keep those thoughts to himself.” Diane said with anger in her voice for what Frazer had said. “I’ve had to put up with him talking like that ever since he found out about your friend Chrissy once being male.” Diane added as she rubbed her temple like she had a head ache.

     “Don’t let him upset you for the next week then mum.” Callum smiled from the front seat. “You’ll love Chrissy and the others.” Callum added with a grin.

    Brad started the minibus and then pulled off, heading back to Debbie’s and Vin’s house to meet up with the others and let Diane meet Debbie’s new baby before they left to return to London.

 

Chapter 64

    Chrissy had got up to help Debbie clear away the cups once she’d finished feeding the baby, and he was now falling asleep in Amy’s Arms as Amber sat one side looking at him, and Becky was sat the other side. Becky had one hand on her belly, like she was amazed to have two of them growing inside her.

     “Is everything alright Debbie?” Chrissy asked in a lowered voice as they entered the kitchen. Debbie had indicated with her eyes, that she’d wanted Chrissy to come with her, but she didn’t want to let the others know about it.

     “It’s nothing to worry about Chrissy. I just didn’t want to sort it out in front of the others.” Debbie smiled as she grabbed Chrissy’s hand in hers.

    Chrissy suddenly looked worried, and started to worry about the reason for her wanting Chrissy alone in the kitchen. “Wh... Wha... What don’t you want to do in front of the others Debbie? She finally got out.

    Debbie started to lean forward towards Chrissy like she was going to kiss her, but Debbie reached behind Chrissy and opened a draw and pulled out a white envelope and handed it to a very worried looking Chrissy. “I wasn’t sure you’d want me giving you this in front of the others.

     “What is it Debbie?” Chrissy asked as she looked down at the envelope in her hand.

     “It’s a cheque to cover the cost of the house.” Debbie said with a grin from ear to ear. “We got the full asking price for our old place, and the sale went through with no problems.” Debbie added, sounding a little shocked about it all herself. “I should thank Carl for recommending that company to me.” Debbie added, more as a thought to herself than saying it to Chrissy.

     “Let me get this straight then. You put your old place on the market for more than what I was asking you for this one?” Chrissy pointed at the floor to indicate the house they were stood in. “And someone just happened to buy it right away, and pay the full asking price as well?” Chrissy was frowning like it sounded a little too good to be true.

     “Yes they did. I’m sorry if you think you sold the house to us for less than it was worth Chrissy.” Debbie sounded worried that she might have upset Chrissy. “Vin and I will give you the rest of the money we got for our old place, if it will make you feel any better. I don’t want to fall out with you over it.”

    Chrissy soon snapped out of her thoughts when she noted the panic in Debbie’s voice, and then saw the worry in her eyes. “I’m not upset about anything Debbie, and I got the price I asked for the house.” Chrissy smiled as she waved the envelope with the cheque in it in the air. “I just have a feeling that Carl now owns some property here in town.” Chrissy added with a raised eyebrow.

    Debbie went to speak, and it looked like she was about to tell Chrissy she was nuts, but then she stopped as she thought about it a little more. “You could be right now I think about it. Vin said he didn’t think we’d sell it that fast, and then he said it was unheard of to get the full asking price as well.” Debbie said as she ran though a conversation she’d had with her husband when they found out there old home had sold right away.

     “This has Carl wrote all over it.” Chrissy said in a whisper.

     “Do you think we should give him the money back?” Debbie asked, not really wanting to do that, but she would if Chrissy asked her to.

     “No, he’d just find some other way to give me the money and help you and Vin out.” Chrissy sighed. “Do me a favour though, don’t say anything about this to the others, and get Vin to do the same.” Chrissy asked Debbie.

     “What are you going to do?” Debbie asked with a grin. She could tell that Chrissy was up to something.

     “I won’t do anything here, but I’ll tell him that you said they didn’t think your old house was going to sell any time soon, so you and Vin aren’t sure when I’ll start getting paid for the house.” Chrissy grinned. “I’m sure Carl will only be too quick to say otherwise when he thinks you’re trying to rip me off.” She added.

     “I hope this won’t get Vin and I in trouble with Carl.” Debbie asked looking worried. “I think Carl could be quite scary if you got on the wrong side of him.” Debbie added looking even more worried now.

     “Don’t worry about Carl. I won’t let it go that far Debbie. I just want to prove that I’m right.” Chrissy said as she held Debbie’s hands this time. “I need you to pull Vin to one side, so you can warn him not to say anything, that’s if he hasn’t already.” Chrissy frowned.

     “He wouldn’t dare, I told him to keep his mouth shut until I’d told you.” Debbie said in a firm whisper.

    Chrissy giggled when she realised just who the boss was. “I can see you keep your man on a short leash Debbie.”

     “You now that’s the only way to do it Chrissy.” Debbie said with a grin.

     “I don’t actually Debbie. Lesbian, and married to a beautiful woman.” Chrissy grinned as she pointed at herself to indicate the lesbian bit.

     “Sorry, forgot there for a second.” Debbie giggled. “I bet there are a lot of women out there that are happy you do bat for the home team.” Debbie added.

     “What’s that suppose to mean?” Chrissy asked with a puzzled look.

     “I mean if you decide to start looking for a man, you could pretty much have your pick of them.” Debbie said in a whisper. “Have you looked in a mirror lately? You’re beautiful Chrissy.” Debbie tried to point out to her.

    Chrissy just flushed red and then changed the subject back to Vin and Debbie getting him out of the living room to bring him up to speed on the keeping quiet about the old house selling. “You better go and talk to Vin.”

    Debbie followed Chrissy into the living room and then asked Vin to help her with something in the kitchen. She said it like he was in trouble, and Vin was only too happy to find out what he’d done wrong this time. Chrissy thought that Debbie must be very house proud and Vin was being kept busy making the place look just the way Debbie wanted it.

     “Is everything alright baby?” Becky asked as Chrissy sat on the arm of the sofa next to her. “You don’t look very happy about something.” Becky pushed for more information as to why Chrissy was in the kitchen for so long.

     “Just some news about the house, I’ll tell you about it on the plane later.” Chrissy said with a sigh to make it sound like bad news, not good. Chrissy had been looking away from Carl as she said it, but she was looking at his reflection in a mirror Debbie had put up on a wall where she could watch his reaction to her answer. Chrissy saw Carl’s mouth drop open ever so slightly, and she knew at that moment, that he did have something to do with Debbie selling her old house so fast.

    It looked like Carl was about to ask Debbie a question when she came back into the living room with Vin following, but she beat him to it. “I’ve had Vin busy since you were last here Chrissy. We’ve turned your old bedroom into Tiffany’s room.” Debbie smiled. “Would you like to come up and see it?” Debbie asked.

     “I’d love to Debbie.” Chrissy said looking happy again as she got up off the arm of the sofa, and then helping Becky to get to her feet as well.

    Mandy and Carl were about to get up and follow them all, but Chrissy wanted to try and keep Carl away from Debbie, and stop him being able to bring up any talk about the sale of their old house. “Amy, why don’t you let Mandy and Carl hold the baby for a bit, so you can come up and see Tiffany’s knew bedroom?” Chrissy asked.

    Amy was enjoying her time with the baby, but she also wanted to see Tiffany’s new bedroom. She let Amber stand up first, then she handed her the baby, so she could give him to Mandy who was now sat back on the other sofa again. Now Carl was pinned to Mandy’s side again, they all went up to see the little girl’s bedroom that use to belong to Chrissy back when she was still a boy.

    Chrissy let out a gasp as she walked into what use to be her bedroom and saw all the walls painted pink, and graphics of unicorns stuck to the walls in a random pattern. It was like Vin had plucked the vision of what Chrissy had wanted the room to look like from her memories growing up.

     “Debbie, Vin it’s beautiful.” Chrissy said as a tear ran down her cheek. She was jealous of Tiffany in that moment.

     “We thought you’d like it Chrissy.” Debbie smiled. “Is it close to how you dreamed it would look?” Debbie asked as she grinned up at Vin stood next to her.

    Chrissy looked a little puzzled as she ran through chat’s she’d had with Debbie since they first started talking to each other again. She couldn’t remember ever telling Debbie anything about what she wanted her old bedroom to look like. Until she’d just walked into the room, she had forgotten about it herself. “When did I tell you about the way I wanted my old room to look Debbie?” Chrissy finally asked, still looking puzzled.

     “I’m not too sure Chrissy; you never put a date down next to it.” Debbie said as she nudged Vin to hand something over to Chrissy.

    Chrissy watched as Vin pulled something from behind his back and handed it over to her. Chrissy took a small book into her hands and remembered right away how they had known what the room should have looked like. Chrissy was holding her secret diary. She’d wrote all her feeling down in this little book, all the dreams she had of playing games with the other girls at school. The hurt she felt every time the mean boys picked on her, and the times she didn’t think she could spend another day trapped in the boy’s body.

     “You read this?” Chrissy asked with real fear in her eyes as she looked at Debbie and then Vin.

     “Yes we’ve both read it Chrissy.” Debbie said with a choked breath. “I’m sorry I never saw the pain you were in for all those years.” Debbie added as she took a couple of steps to close the space between them and wrapped her arms around Chrissy in a tight hug.

     “I’m not sorry I read your diary Chrissy, but I am sorry that you went through so much pain as a child.” Vin said, but looked worried when both Chrissy and Debbie glared at him in anger. “What I mean by not being sorry I read your diary is I was glad I read it, so I could create this room for you.” Vin added as he waved his hands around the room.

    Becky had slipped the book out of Chrissy’s hand when Debbie wrapped her arms around Chrissy, so she unclipped the little magnetic band of leather holding the dusty aged diary closed and looked at the very girly looking writing just inside the first page.

    Those were the words that met Becky’s eyes as she looked down at the page. Becky ran her fingers across the writing as she tried to picture a little girl sat at her desk putting down all her deepest darkest secrets on paper. Then Becky remembered that it would have been a confused little boy doing all the writing instead and a tear formed in her eye and then ran down her cheek.

    Before Becky had time to turn another page, Chrissy closed the book and then took it away from Becky. “You won’t like what you find in there Becky.” Chrissy warned.

     “I’ll be the judge of that.” Becky said as she snatched it back out of Chrissy’s loose grip. Becky then clutched it tight to her chest, and Chrissy could see that Becky wasn’t going to give it up without a fight. A fight that Chrissy would never have with her.

     “Fine, but just remember who I am today when you read some of it.” Chrissy warned as she remembered some of the dark times she or he was going through when he wrote in the diary. Chrissy had forgotten all about the diary when her dad caught her dress and nearly beat her to death. The last entry in the diary was written the night before her dad beat her.

    Chrissy had hidden the diary under a loose floorboard in the little closet she had, and it must have been found by Vin when he was doing some work in there trying to get the room ready for the new baby, or Tiffany. Either way it had been found after all these years. Chrissy remembered that she’d drawn a picture of her perfect bedroom if she’d been born the way she should have, and she’d even coloured it all in as well. Vin had done an amazing job of bringing her dream to life, but with some modern twists that wouldn’t have been around when Chrissy did the drawing.

     “Thank you Vin, it’s much prettier than I ever dreamed it could be.” Chrissy said as she stepped over to where Vin was still stood smiling at her. Chrissy wanted to give him a hug, but was nervous about doing it, so let her arms drop back down to her side again.

    Vin sensed that Chrissy wanted to thank him with a hug, but looked too scared to make the first move, so he helped her by pulling her into a hug with him. “I’m glad you like it Chrissy, and I’m sorry you went through so much pain as a child.” Vin sounded like he was trying not to cry as he said it. Vin found it hard to believe that the little woman wrapped in his arms was the same boy that had wrote in the diary he’d found.

     “Well you know what they say. What doesn’t kill you just makes you stronger.” Chrissy giggled as she wiped away a tear.

     “I’d say it made you so much more Chrissy.” Vin chuckled as he stepped back and let Chrissy go to stand by Becky’s side again. Becky was still gripping the book to her chest when Chrissy looked at it, so she knew that Becky was going to read it whether she wanted her to or not.

     “I wish I’d had a room like this growing up.” Amy said as she walked around the room and touched one of the unicorns stuck to the wall. “Please adopt me Debbie, Vin?” Amy asked with a pleading look. This just made everyone laugh.

     “I think I’d like to work up to the bratty teenager, not just dive in at the deep end.” Debbie said with a worried look, just before she started giggling again.

     “I’m not a bratty teenager.” Amy whined. “I can cook and clean, and I come with my own personal accessory.” Amy added as she pulled Amber to her side with a grin.

    Before Debbie could answer they all heard a sound from outside They all went out onto the landing where they saw a truck pull up outside the house. They saw it said mothercare on the side and knew it was all the stuff they had ordered for the new baby and Tiffany.

    Debbie got to the front door just as the man driving the truck rang the doorbell. “Good afternoon miss, I’ve got some things to drop off with you.” The man said as he handed over the first couple of bags before returning to get some more. Vin stepped past Debbie and the other girls and then went to help him bring in some more. It took them five more trips to get everything before he handed Debbie a clipboard to sign, then he was gone. Debbie was left looking at the dining room full of stuff.

     “I know Mandy warned me you’d all gone a little mad with the spending, but did you leave anything in the shop?” Debbie asked as she tried to work out where to start with it all.

     “I think there were a couple of things left when we’d finished.” Chrissy said with a thoughtful look on her face, just before she started giggling again.

    Debbie and Vin started looking at all the stuff while Amy and Amber went back to the living room to see how the baby was doing. Sara and Cathy were sat with him now, so Mandy and Carl got up to go and see what Debbie and Vin thought of all the stuff they had brought for the kids.

    Chrissy suddenly found herself feeling nervous when she heard Brad and Ann shout to let everyone know they were back with Callum, Jayden and Callum’s mum. The last time Chrissy had seen Diane was at school once when they had been called into see the headmaster over Chrissy being pushed down a set of steps , and Callum being seen to push her, or him as it was at school. Chrissy remembered her giving Chrissy a look that said he must have been asking for it, but most parents were like that when their children got in trouble. Blame the other kids never your own.

    It didn’t help Chrissy to relax when she heard a woman’s voice asking for her. “Where’s Chrissy then? I’m dying to meet her Callum.” The woman said.

     “I’m sure she’s around here some place. Just look for Becky and you’ll find Chrissy.” Callum said in an annoyed sounding voice. “But with the way you keep shouting her name, I wouldn’t blame her if she’s ran away.” Callum added with a chuckle, sounding more relaxed again.

    Chrissy giggled as she heard Callum and his mum talking as they got closer and closer to where she was stood with Becky at her side, still gripping the diary she’d taken off her up in Tiffany’s room.

     “I’ve never met Becky, so how would I know if I did see her?” Diana asked. “How many girls do you know now anyway?” Diane added as Callum kept saying hello to all the others as he worked his way through the house, but not calling one of them Chrissy.

    Chrissy had moved into the kitchen, so she had an exit from the house if the meeting with Callum’s mum didn’t go well, but she didn’t think that would happen from what Callum had said. Chrissy smiled as she saw Callum walk into the room with his mum just behind him. Chrissy had forgotten what Diane looked like, but she gasped when she saw an older version of Kara stood next to him. Diane still looked young enough to be Kara’s older sister though, and not her mum.

     “Hello Mrs Baldwin, oh sorry, I forgot it Mrs Bourn now isn’t it?” Chrissy said in a calm voice as she held out her hand to shake Diane’s

     “Hello dear. Yes it’s been Mrs Bourn for some time now, but please call me Diane.” Diane said absently as she looked around for the girl that use to be a boy and went to school with her son.

     “Hello Mrs Bourn. I’m Becky; it’s nice to finally meet you.” Becky smiled as she also shook Diane’s hand.

     “Please call me Diane. It’s nice to meet you Becky.” Diane said as the penny dropped and she suddenly looked at the young blond woman stood with Becky. “Chrissy! Is that really you?” Diane asked as she stepped back to look at the woman that had once been the young boy she remembered going to school with Callum.

     “Hello Diane, I guess I look a little different to the last time you saw me?” Chrissy said with a smile as she did a quick spin to let Callum’s mum get a good look at her.

     “Chrissy! I’m sorry, but I wasn’t expecting you to look like this.” Diane said as she waved her hand up and down Chrissy’s body as she took it all in. “You’re just so beautiful.” Diane added as she shook her head in shock.

     “Thank you Diane. I did finally grow out of the awkward boy phase I was going through.” Chrissy giggled as she went back to standing closer to Becky. Chrissy got a look of horror on her face when she saw Diane suddenly step sideways and then let Callum have it as she swung and slapped him right across the back of his head, making him lean forward with the force of the blow.

     “Mum! What the hell was that for?” Callum asked with a pained look on his face as he rubbed the back of his head to try and stop the sting from the blow.

     “That’s something I should have given you a long time ago.” Diane said with anger in her voice. “How could you pick on a girl like that?” she asked as she poked Callum in the chest as she said every word.

    Callum was trying to rub the back of his head, and also stop his mum from poking him at the same time. “I’ve already said I was sorry for all that mum, so stop poking me.” Callum whined.

     “Please don’t hurt him anymore Diane. He’s my friend now, and he has said sorry so many times that I’m sick of hearing it.” Chrissy pleaded with Callum’s mum as she took hold of her hand to stop her poking him.

     “I’m just grateful you turned out so beautiful and loving Chrissy, even without the help from some people.” Diane said as she gave Callum a quick look over her shoulder. “I do owe you something as well.” Diane added as she lifted her arm’s up. Chrissy flinched away and was about to counter the move Diane was about to make when she realised that she just wanted to give Chrissy a hug, so she relaxed and let Diane hug her. “Thank you for talking Callum into coming to see me after the school reunion, and for helping him find such a lovely girl to court.” Diane sounded old fashioned when she used the word court to mean Callum dating Jayden.

     “I’m glad he finally came to his senses and took my advice. And he finally saw me as a friend that could help him.” Chrissy said with a grin as she looked at Callum, still rubbing the back of his head, and the spot on his chest where his mum had just been poking him. “You know how slow boys can be to see a good thing when it’s right in front of them” Chrissy added with a roll of her yes.

    Diane giggled and agreed with Chrissy, then they spent the next hour talking about how Chrissy got to this point, and even found time to talk about some of the things Callum could have done different with his life. Callum just looked on in wonder at how his mum would just tell anyone willing to listen about all his problems growing up, but she never talked about his dressing like a girl, which he was grateful for at least.

    Debbie and Vin had worked their way through all the stuff that had been delivered, and they both had a moan about how much money they had all spent on their two babies, but they did thank everybody for it.

    The time was getting on, and they needed to get back to the plane so they could take off before they missed their window and had to wait for another one. Chrissy and the others wanted to take little Christopher with them, but Debbie stopped them with a giggle as she stood at the door with Vin at her side holding little Tiffany. They all waved as Brad pulled away from the curb and headed down the road towards the airport.


*****

    Diane was sat looking around with a grin on her face as the Carl’s private jet took off and then climbed to a height where they could take off their seatbelts and move around the cabin. Amy and Amber went and sorted out drinks for everyone, while Chrissy just stayed sat next to Becky as she still gripped the book that Chrissy had used as her secret diary growing up.

     “You can release your grip on that book now baby.” Chrissy said. “I’m not going to take it off you.” Chrissy added.

     “Promise me you won’t Chrissy.” Becky said, still not sure she could trust Chrissy not to take the book and burn it before she had time to read it.

     “I promise that you can have the book and I won’t try to steal it or damage it in any way.” Chrissy said looking hurt that Becky didn’t trust her still.

    Becky relaxed her grip on the book and placed it in her lap, but she still kept stroking the front cover of the book with one of her hands. The book had a part of Chrissy that very few people had ever known before Debbie and Vin found it. Becky was treating it like a missing piece of a broken heart.

    Amy and Amber were soon back with drinks for everyone, and they brought Chrissy and Becky’s theirs last so they could sit down with them to enjoy their own. That’s when Amy first noticed Becky with the small leather book on her knee, and Becky was still tracing part of the pattern embossed on the front of it with one of her fingers.

     “What’s in the book Becky?” Amy asked. She’d been to wrapped up in the babies back at Debbie’s to notice Becky gripping a book to her chest, and then Amy and Amber were sat at the back of the minibus on the trip back to the airport, so she never noticed then either. But now Amy had noticed it, and she wanted to know what was in it.

     “It’s a diary that Chrissy kept while she was growing up.” Becky said as she gripped it to her chest again, like someone was going to try and take it off her if she didn’t protect it.

     “Are you sure you want anyone to read that Chrissy?” Amy asked looking worried. Amy had kept a diary just like this one, and there were things she’d wrote in hers that she wouldn’t want Amber to know about.

     “I’ve warned her that she may not like most of what I wrote, but she still wants to see for herself.” Chrissy sighed as she looked at Becky, just before she rested her head on Becky’s shoulder.

    Becky put the book back in her lap and then wrapped an arm around Chrissy so she could hug her from one side while resting her other hand on the book. “I just need to know what Debbie and Vin read about baby. I just have to know what you suffered growing up.” Becky said with some pleading in her voice.

     “I want you to let the others read it as well then when you’ve finished with it. I won’t have you stuck with no one to talk to about what you read in there.” Chrissy said as she looked at the book, still remembering like it was only yesterday, some of her darkest feelings being wrote down for the whole world to find out about, if they only picked up the book and read it.

     “Are you sure about all this Chrissy?” Amy asked looking worried.

     “Yes I’m sure Amy. I’m still here so whatever I wrote down in that book, I never followed through with, and I have a good life now with loving family and the body I should of had from birth.” Chrissy smiled as she cuddled into Becky a little tighter as she stroked her hand across Becky’s belly.

    Becky just sat cuddled up to Chrissy for a couple of minutes before she took in a deep breath and let it out again. Then she asked Chrissy about what her and Debbie were talking about in the kitchen. “What did Debbie want to talk to you about? You didn’t look very happy when you came back into the living room just after.”

    looked out the corner of her eye and saw that Carl had now sat forward so he could listen to what Chrissy had to say. “She just wanted to give me some bad news about the sale of their old house.” Chrissy sighed. “The company selling it for them said that there isn’t much call for that sort of house at the minute, so it could be some time before they have any money to give me back.” Chrissy added with another big sigh.

     “She said what?!” Carl suddenly shouted out, making Mandy spill her drink on the table she was just picking it up from. Chrissy was glad that she wasn’t taking a sip from it when Carl shouted, or she would have been wearing it by now.

    Chrissy also knew now that Carl did have something to do with her selling the house so fast, when banks weren’t handing out mortgages to very many people. “I said Debbie...” Was all Chrissy got out before Carl started speaking again.

     “I heard what you said, but she’s lying to you!” Carl shouted again, looking a little angry now.

    Chrissy had never seen Carl lose his temper before, he was normally very calm under pressure. “That’s not a very nice thing to say about a friend of mine Carl.” Chrissy said trying to look hurt by his comment. “I’ve got no reason not to trust her, and why would she lie to me about it if she did have people interested in their old home?” Chrissy asked.

    Mandy and Becky had already worked out that Chrissy knew more than she was letting on, and Carl would have too, but he was too angry to see it at the minute. So they just sat and watched Chrissy play her little game.

     “Do you know something I don’t Carl?” Chrissy asked just a little too incessantly to be real.

     “Yes I...” Was all Carl said before he stopped and then looked at Chrissy with a very suspicious look on his face. He’d finally let his mind catch up with his mouth and stopped himself saying too much, but he already knew that Chrissy had worked it out before he even said a world. “This whole thing was a set up, just to see if you were right, wasn’t it?” Carl finally asked with a chuckle.

     “Did I fall asleep and miss part of this conversation?” Mandy asked with a puzzled look as Carl just sat chuckling in the seat next to her.

     “Your sweet little sister has got herself a new poker face.” Carl grinned. “I trust that Debbie did tell you about the sale of her old home then?” Carl asked.

     “Yes she did, and she gave me a cheque to cover the full asking price and she’s even got some left to ease the burden while she gets back on her feet so Vin can get back to running the restaurant again full time.” Chrissy smiled. “Why did you do it though Carl? I could have waited for them to sell it on their own.” Chrissy added, not completely happy with how she got the money from the house.

     “Property is always a good investment, and I was worried about Debbie and Vin stretching themselves a little thin while they got to grips with taking care of two babies. So I told my people to sort out buying the house at the top asking price which was a little more than the property was worth, but would cover them buying your mum and dad’s house, and leave them with some left in the bank.” Carl said with a shrug, just like it was a normal business thing to do.

     “Well thank you for helping out my friend Carl.” Chrissy smiled.

     “They’re my friends too now.” Carl replied.

    Diane had sat and watched the whole thing between Chrissy and Carl play out, and she couldn’t see any sign of Chrissy ever being a boy at all. Diane also knew about Amy being like Chrissy, and there again she couldn’t see it to look at her. The only one she could see a little male still in was Cathy, and even that was only because Callum had told her that she was born a boy.

     “You okay mum?” Callum asked from the seat facing her with Jayden sat at his side.

     “I’m fine dear, just enjoying the show.” She smiled as she looked around at all the different groups of people.

     “There’s never a dull moment with Chrissy and Amy around.” Callum chuckled.

     “I still can’t belive she’s the same little boy you picked on at school for all them years, and now you’re flying round on her private jet, the best of friends.” Diana said in a whisper.

     “It’s not Chrissy’s jet mum. It all belongs to Carl.” Callum pointed out.

     “It may as well belong to Chrissy. Trust me on that one.” Diane said as she saw the way Carl tried to keep Chrissy happy for Mandy’s sake. Not that she blamed them because she’d only just met her in the flesh, and even she found herself wanting to see her laugh and smile.


*****

    Carl had a hotel minibus waiting for them when the plane landed. He was taking them all back to the hotel for dinner, so Callum and Jayden could settle his mum into the hotel, and then she could enjoy a lovely meal with them all before they all left to go home. Callum was going to be spending the rest of the week at the hotel with his mum and Jayden, so they could all get to know each other. It would also mean that Callum could become Kara with Cathy’s help later in the week.

    Jayden had a day of shopping sorted out for herself, Diane and Kara, but Callum didn’t know anything about that yet. Jayden had called Diane and spoke to her about it, and she was looking forward to it.

    Once at the hotel, Jayden went and got the key for a penthouse suite and then took Callum and Diane up to their apartment. Even thought they were sharing a room, it was big enough that they could spend most the week in there and not even see each other.

    Diane was amazed at the size of the suite, and was already feeling sad about having to go home at the end of the week. But that wouldn’t be until Monday morning. Carl had told Callum and Jayden that they could go back with her on the plane to keep her company. Carl had also told Brad and Ann to go as well after the trouble with Callum’s step dad.

    Carl had sorted out a private function room for them to have their meal in, due to the large number of them. Carl had also sorted for Holly, Greg, Mable, Jenna, Vic, David and Kim to join them. They asked Prue and Frank to join them as well, but Prue had some people to meet with about some other treatments for Cancer, and Frank was opening the club tonight with Beth, so Becky and Chrissy were having the night off.

     “I trust the room will be okay for you while you’re down here with us?” Carl asked as Diane entered the room with Callum and Jayden at her side.

     “I love the room Carl. Thank you so much for doing all this.” Diane said with a grin from ear to ear.

     “Anything you need Diane, just call room service and enjoy.” Carl said as he got a hug from her. “Everything is on me these next couple of days.” Carl added.

     “Hello Diane. I see Carl’s already started spoiling you.” Holly said from just behind her.

     “Holly! They never told me you’d be joining us for dinner.” Diane said as she gave Holly a hug. “How’s Greg? Is he here with you tonight?” she asked as she looked around the room and saw him sat in a wheel chair over near another couple of people, Chrissy and Becky.

     “Yes he’s here.” Holly smiled as she looked in the same direction Diane was now looking. “You can’t keep him away from a good meal.” Holly giggled.

     “How’s he doing hon?” Dian asked looking worried for Holly and how well she was holding it all together.

     “He’s doing fine. Mandy’s mum is a doctor and she’s got him in some medical trials for a new drug which is helping to keep the cancer at bay for the time being.” Holly said looking happy for the small bit of good news she’s got to tell people.

     “Do you think he might beat it then Holly?” Diane asked.

     “No, but he may get another couple of months. Greg just wants to live long enough to see his grandkids born.” Holly said with a tear in her eye.

     “I hope he does Holly, I really hope he does.” Diane said as she gave Holly another hug before Holly led her further into the room and then showed her around the people she hadn’t met yet.

    Callum was glad to be able to spend some time away from his mum, and just sit with Jayden for a bit. Callum was still nervous about his mum seeing Kara, and what she might say about it all. Jayden was planning to put an end to all the worry the next day. She’d already sorted with Cathy to give Callum a full makeover first thing in the morning while Diane was having a spa treatment. Then they were going out for lunch and a fun afternoon of shopping. But that was going to be a surprise for tomorrow.

    Everybody enjoyed the meal and they all gave Diane, Callum and Jayden a hug before they left to go home and relax for what was left of the night.

    Ann left with Brad in a hotel car, to go back to his place for the night. Ann hadn’t got to worry about getting Jayden to work in the morning, as she would already be at the hotel; and she wasn’t working again until Callum’s mum returned home next Monday. So it was Chrissy and Becky, Mandy and Carl, Amy and Amber going back to Mandy’s house and everyone else being dropped off on the way before the hotel minibus dropped them off and then returned to the hotel for the night.

    Becky was still clutching the little leather book as Chrissy led her up to their room so they could get changed and take a quick shower before going back down stairs to relax on a sofa and watch a little TV before going to bed later. Becky finally put the book in her bed side table draw before getting undressed and then letting Chrissy lead her into the bathroom to take a shower.

    Once they had finished and were dressed in the night shirts and there dressing gowns, they went back down stairs to see if the others had made it back down.

 

To Be Continued Soon  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
173 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thanks Sammi for helping me get it all right :)

I just want to say Thanks to Sammi for proofing and posting my story for me, and also thank you the reader for taking the time to read it.

Hugs and Love

SaraUK

So glad to see

further adventures of this delightful group of friends/family.

S.

Thank you,Sara,

ALISON

'your story is always a joy to read.A lovely story about lovely people!

ALISON

Chrissy's diary

I was never as girly as Chrissy was though I am feminine post-transition. Not all of us are of course but that has nothing with being TS so I it is not likely that people say my diary was really girly, per se. I confess I did not start to write one till mid-adolescence and by that time I had a pretty mature mind set for the most part so that might have had something to do with it also.

Though we will probably never be able to read what is in Chrissy's diary, nonetheless, its spirit lives in the diaries of many a trans no doubt.

Acceptance is a wonderful thing. There are never enough stories about acceptance and I love this series for it.

Kim

No, thank you, Sara!

This story has always been a favorite of mine. Funny, sweet, happy and even sad sometimes. It is a treat to read it!

Wren

Very Good Line Sara

“If you like walking and chewing your own food my friend, I would pick your next words very carefully.”

Now all Callum has to do if Frazer mouths off, is ask if Frazer really wants to meet Brad again.

Debbie and Vin couldn't have

Debbie and Vin couldn't have given Chrissy a nicer gift, decorating Tiffany's room as Chrissy had wished for herself was so sweet, and naming their son in her honour... I have a feeling if little Chris was like Chrissy, Debbie an Vin would be sure to help, especially after reading Chrissy childhood torment.

I have a feeling there will be quite a few tears shed on reading that diary, I also have a feeling Amy might share hers too after reading Chrissy's.

Great story Sara thanks for sharing

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 25 By SaraUK

Wonder if Frazer will do something after the encounter?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine