You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 32

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Three

By SaraUK

 

Part 32

Chapter 77

    Chrissy Stood in the hospital hallway as a doctor came out of a room to speak to her, but before he could say a word, Chrissy already knew that she’d lost the one she loved, and their children. Chrissy felt lost, like life wasn’t worth living anymore without Becky in it, and her two beautiful babies were lost as well. Chrissy found herself screaming “Why? Why did this have to happen to me?” She screamed over and over again, but no one answered her at first, but she soon heard a voice she knew, and it gave her hope, then she opened her eyes and saw a worried Becky looking at her from the other side of their bed.

     “Chrissy, Chrissy! You’re just having another nightmare baby.” Becky said as she pulled a sobbing Chrissy into her arms.

    Chrissy had been having the same nightmare every night, ever since she got the call to say that Becky had been rushed to the hospital. Becky had felt a little dizzy while out shopping with Brad, but before she could stop him, Brad was on the phone to Prue, who quickly had an Ambulance pulling up outside the supermarket. Becky felt fine again by the time the Ambulance crew got there to check her out, but with her being pregnant they took her into the hospital anyway, just to be safe.

    Brad called to let Chrissy know what had happened, but never got to finish explaining everything before Chrissy started screaming as she ran off to grab her things, so she could go and be with Becky.

     “Look I’m fine again now.” Becky chuckled at just how silly Chrissy was being over it all. “You heard what Prue said. I just needed to get more iron in my diet. The down side with having two of the little darlings growing inside me.” Becky added as she rocked Chrissy back and forth while she stopped shaking.

     “It just feels so real every time I have it Becky.” Chrissy said as she gripped onto her even tighter. “Some faceless doctor comes out and tells me that they couldn’t save you or the babies. Then I’m left in a long hallway on my own.” Chrissy said with fresh tears running down her cheeks.

     “I’ve got Prue checking up on me every day baby, and she says I’m fine again now I’m taking them extra vitamins.” Becky said soothingly. “I know you’re worried about your dad as well, so I think your mind is just mixing everything up and giving you those horrible nightmares.” Becky added.

     Chrissy broke the hug and pulled far enough back that she could look at Becky, and her ever growing belly. Chrissy smiled as she wiped away the last of her tears before leaning close again so she could kiss Becky on the lips as she stroked Becky’s belly at the same time. Chrissy was soon giggling when the babies started moving around, like they knew the feel of Chrissy’s hand. Becky was always amazed when they did that. It was like they knew it was Chrissy every time.

     “You see, even the kids are letting you know that they are doing just fine.” Becky giggled, just before she let out a groan. One of the kids was kicking hell out of her bladder again, so she was quickly sliding off the bed and waddling off to the bathroom. “This is one part of being pregnant I won’t miss!” Becky shouted as she vanished into the bathroom.

    Chrissy knew it was just a matter of weeks now before the babies would be due, and then she could start helping Becky to look after them. Chrissy still felt so useless all the time, even if she did wait on Becky hand and foot. Chrissy used the bathroom when Becky got done, then they both made their way down for breakfast.

     “I can’t believe the new neighbours are having a pool put in the back yard.” Amy was saying to Amber as Chrissy and Becky entered the kitchen.

     “I’m sure if you ask them nice, they might let you go next door and use it once in a while baby.” Amber grinned as she got yet another update on what the new people moving in next door were having done.

    Amy and Amber stopped talking and ran over to hug Chrissy and Becky when they saw that they had entered the kitchen.

     “You have another bad dream sis?” Amy asked as she hugged Chrissy.

     “Yes, did you hear me screaming again?” Chrissy asked with a frown.

     “Yes, but you wasn’t as vocal this time.” Amy tried to reassure her.

     “Sorry about that.” Chrissy said with a pout. “Have either of you seen the new neighbours yet?” Chrissy asked, trying to change the subject.

     “No, we only know as much as we do about them, due to Mandy having all that paperwork through to do with all the planning permission they have asked for.” Amber shrugged. “Amy’s still going on about the fact they will have a pool.” Amber added with a roll of her eyes.

     “Maybe we should invite them over for drinks when we finally get to see them?” Amy said, trying to think of any way she could to get a chance at using their new swimming pool.

     “We’ll need to see them first.” Amber giggled. “You two sit down, while Amy and I sort out breakfast.” Amber added as she pointed to the kitchen table as she looked at Chrissy.

    Becky was used to being told to sit down and do nothing, but it was a new and very unwelcome thing for Chrissy to be told. She still did it though when she saw the look Amber was giving her.

     “I could have helped.” Chrissy said with a pout, but she was soon grinning when Becky giggled. Even the sound of Chrissy’s voice could set the twins off. Chrissy would spend hours with her head resting on Becky’s lap while she spoke or read story’s to her belly. Becky also found it very relaxing to rest her head back and listen to Chrissy’s musical voice tell some fairytale.

    Amy and Amber were soon running back over to feel the babies moving around. “Talk to them some more Chrissy.” Amy giggled as she felt them moving around.

     “I hope the two of you aren’t being any trouble in there?” Chrissy asked with her lips just inches away from Becky’s belly. This soon had the twins moving around even more.

     “They won’t have any trouble working out who you are when their born.” Amber said with a grin.

    Amy and Amber were both still watching the babies move around in Becky’s belly when Carl and Mandy walked into the kitchen.

     “Morning everyone.” Carl said with a chuckle as he saw them all looking at Becky’s belly. “Chrissy been telling them story’s again?” Carl asked.

     “Good morning everyone.” Mandy giggled as she saw Becky’s belly moving around like a stormy ocean. “Are you okay sis?” Mandy asked looking worried as she asked Chrissy the question. “I heard you screaming again. Same nightmare?” Mandy looked even more worried when Chrissy just nodded her head up and down.

     “She didn’t take as long to snap out of it today, so I’m hoping things might be getting better.” Becky said looking hopeful, just before she started giggling again as the twins started moving around again. The twins seemed to know Becky’s voice just as well as they did Chrissy’s.

     “Have you met the new neighbours yet sis?” Chrissy asked, trying to change the subject again.

     “Not that I know of, but there are that many builders going in and out, I wouldn’t be able to tell you if I had.” Mandy shrugged. “Not that I’m complaining about any of them.” Mandy smiled as Carl poured her a cup of tea out and handed it over.

     “I have to agree. They don’t start work until midday on a Wednesday, and they always keep the street clear to get up and down.” Amber grinned. “You’d almost think they knew us, and were trying to keep on our good side,” Amber added with a giggle.

     “You would think that wouldn’t you.” Mandy giggled. “I’m sure we’ll get to meet the new neighbours soon enough.” Mandy added just before she took another sip from her drink.

    Callum and Jayden were the next to enter the kitchen. Kara had come back with Jayden after they went to the club the night before. They were having a barbecue as it was a nice sunny Sunday, so Brad had stopped over with Ann, so he could help out and get the bouncy castle set up for the kids.

     “Morning sis, morning Callum.” Chrissy smiled when she saw them walk into the kitchen.

     “Morning!” Callum and Jayden said together.

     “BLT’s okay for everyone this morning?” Amy asked. “I didn’t think we’d want too much before we have the barbecue.” She added.

    Amy got the thumbs up from everyone, so she and Amber set to work grilling the bacon, slicing tomatoes and cleaning the lettuce.

     “Do you mind if I help?” Jayden asked as she ran over to offer her services.

     “Not at all sis.” Amy grinned as she gave Jayden a quick hug before putting her to work.

     “That’s just great! Jayden can help, but I get banished to the table.” Chrissy said with a pout, but she was trying not to grin as she did it.

     “You’ve got the kids to look after, so sit there and do a good job.” Amy giggled when she saw Becky’s belly start moving again when Chrissy spoke.

    Amy, Amber and Jayden soon had the first load of BLT’s done and on the table, so everyone started eating. Chrissy was glad to be able to do something as she started organising everybody, and what they would be doing to get ready for the barbecue. None of them complained at being bossed around by Chrissy, they were just happy to see her mind on other things at the minute.

    Chrissy’s dad was hanging in there, but he was on borrowed time now. Prue had done all she could to help Greg get this far, but whether or not he was still with them when Becky had the babies, was anyones guess. They also knew that her dad’s health was the reason for the nightmares, and the fact that Becky having a dizzy spell just over a week ago had brought some of Chrissy’s fears about losing Becky and the babies to the surface.

    Once breakfast was out the way, they all got stuck into the jobs assigned to them by Chrissy. Becky was given light work to do, so she mainly just sat at the table or stood talking Jayden through what Chrissy had given her to do.

    They had everything ready and where all cleaned up and the first lot of meat was cooking on the barbecue when the first of their guests started to arrive. David, Kim and Mable were the first with Vic, Jenna, Cathleen, Holly and Greg walking close behind. Greg was being pushed along in his wheelchair by Vic.

    Chrissy ran over to great them all, but she walked back over to the tables holding her dad’s hand. “How you feeling today dad?” Chrissy asked as Vic parked her dad’s wheelchair under the shade of an umbrella at a table.

     “I’m doing fine dear, so don’t start worrying about me.” Greg waved Chrissy’s worried look off. “How are you doing? It doesn’t look like you’re getting much sleep still.” Greg said looking worried for his daughter. Holly and Greg had found out about Chrissy and the nightmares not long after they heard from Prue about Becky’s dizzy spell.

     “You still having that nightmare dear?” Holly asked as she wrapped her arms around Chrissy and hugged her.

     “Yes, but Becky said I snapped out of it a lot quicker this morning.” Chrissy smiled, trying to play down her parents worry.

     “Prue’s invited her friend Sarah over today. I think you should have a chat with her about it all, and see if she can suggest anything.” Holly said, but Chrissy saw the look, and that said you will sit and talk to Sarah about it.

     “Okay mum, if it will make you happy. I’ll sit down and have a chat with Sarah about it.” Chrissy smiled just before giving her mum a kiss on the cheek, and then she did the same to her dad before skipping off to help the others.

    Sarah was a close friend of Prue’s and also a psychiatrist. She’d helped Chrissy deal with her problems in the past, and had also helped Amy, Cathy and a lot of others come to grips with what they were. Chrissy couldn’t see what Sarah could do for her and the nightmares, but if it made her mum happy, Chrissy would give it a shot.

    Amy and Amber ran over to meet Hope, Faith and little Kat when they saw them walk around the side of the house. Little Kat started squealing when she saw that they had another bouncy castle for her to play on. Cathleen was already bouncing around on it as she waved at Kat to join her.

     “Hi Aunty Amy, Aunty Amber.” Kat said as she ran over to meet them half way, leaving her mum and Aunty Faith to follow behind. “I go on castle now too?” Kat asked as she picked up her foot so one of them could remove her shoe for her. Kat wasn’t very good at balancing on one foot and would have fallen over if Chrissy hadn’t appeared behind her and scooped her up into her arms.

     “How’s my little kitty Kat today?” Chrissy asked as she tickled Kat with her nose by rubbing her face into Kat’s belly.

    Kat started giggling as she tried to stop Chrissy from tickling her belly. “Stop! That tickle Aunty Chrissy.” Kat screamed between giggles.

    Amy and Amber removed Kat’s shoes while Chrissy held her, then Chrissy ran across the lawn and threw Kat onto the bouncy castle with Cathleen. Then Chrissy, Amy and Amber all removed their shoes and joined them.

    Becky had waddled over with Mandy to greet the other guests as they turned up, so Hope and Faith both got a good look at Becky.

     “Wow girl, you’ve got big!” Hope shouted as she put her hands on each side of Becky’s bulging belly.

     “Tell me about it.” Becky groaned. “I’m ready to have them out of me now.” She added with a sigh.

     “How long do you have left anyway?” Faith asked as she put her hand on Becky’s bell to see if she could feel them moving around.

     “About three weeks give or take a day or two.” Becky grinned. “Chrissy can’t wait to take over looking after them for me.” Becky added with a giggle.

     “I trust you won’t be letting Chrissy do all the work?” Hope asked.

     “No! But she is getting sick of not being able to do much, apart from look after me.” Becky pouted.

     “I doubt that Chrissy sees that as a down side Becky.” Hope giggled. “But I bet it’s bugging you though?” Hope asked.

     “Sometimes it does, but most the time it’s nice to see Chrissy keeping busy.” Becky looked over at Chrissy bouncing around with Amy and the others.

     “Is she sleeping any better now? Mandy was saying the other day that she’s been having nightmares since you gave her the scare the other week.” Hope asked looking a little worried.

     “She’s still having the nightmares, but Sarah is going to have a chat with her later, so I’m hoping that she can help Chrissy to stop having them.” Becky crossed her fingers as she said it.

     “Well if you don’t mind sis, I’m going to go and keep an eye on Kat for you.” Faith said with a grin just before running off to join the others on the bouncy castle.

    Becky and Hope just giggled as they watched her slip her shoes off and dive on the bouncy castle with the others.

     “I sometime wonder which one of them acts the oldest.” Hope said as she looked at Faith and Kat.

     “I sometimes have the same problem with Chrissy and Cathleen.” Becky giggled as she watched Chrissy and Cathleen doing backwards flips and landing back on their feet just before falling back onto their bums.

    Becky had walked over to the table Greg and Holly was sat at while she talked to Hope, so they sat down and started chatting to them while Mandy went to say hi to her mum, who had just turned up with Frank, Sarah and Maggie with her.

     “Hi mum, Sarah, Maggie.” Mandy smiled as she gave them all a hug. “I’m glad you could all make it. Find a seat and I’ll sort you out with a drink in a minute.” Mandy added as she let them enter the garden, so she could great Cathy, Sara, Sam and Samantha and Rachel.

     “Hi Mandy.” Sara said as she gave Mandy a quick hug before she ran off to join the others on the bouncy castle. “I’ll chat more later!” Sara added as she ran off, or more hopped off as she was taking her shoes off as she went.

     “At least I know you won’t be running off Cathy.” Mandy smiled, already knowing that Cathy didn’t like going on things like that. “It’s nice to see Samantha out and about in the day as well.” Mandy added as she stepped over and Gave Samantha and Rachel a hug to welcome them.

     “Thanks for inviting us again Mandy.” Samantha said with a smile. “I just feel happier being dressed like this, and Rachel and I have been having so much fun going out and doing things together.” Samantha added with a grin as she looked at Rachel stood next to her.

     “I must say you have been looking a lot more livelily these past couple of months.” Mandy grinned. “Well grab a seat, food will be ready soon, and we’ll chat some more later.” Mandy added just before going to see how Carl was doing with the barbecue.

    Mandy was soon making her way back over to the side of the house when she saw Dan, Jo, Dale and Diane walk around the side of the house.

     “Hi Mandy. Thank you for inviting us again.” Jo smiled as she gave Mandy a hug. Dan went to shake Mandy’s hand, but was shocked when Mandy threw her arms around him and pulled him into a hug as well.

     “I think we’ve moved beyond the hand shake phase of the friendship Dan.” Mandy giggled.

     “Sorry Mandy, force of habit.” Dan said with a worried smile as he looked over to see if Carl was looking.

     “You’ll soon learn Dan. Now find a seat, and I’ll sort the two you out with a drink.” Mandy said as she led them over to the table where Cathy was now sat with Jayden and Callum. Sara was still bouncing around on the castle with Chrissy and the others.

     “Can we just have a glass of cola each please Mandy? We have to work this evening.” Jo asked.

    Carl’s got the two of you working tonight?” Mandy asked with a little shock in her voice. “I’ll have to be having a word with him about working the two of you to hard.” Mandy added in mock anger.

     “We don’t mind doing it Mandy.” Dan said looking worried. “It’s just chaperoning a group of changing service customers as they see some of the night life.” Dan added.

     “So will it be Dan or Danni working tonight?” Mandy asked with a raised eyebrow.

    Dan looked a little sheepish when he said “Danni.”

    Mandy smiled, which made Dan feel a little better about the fact he’d begun to enjoy getting out as Danni, even if it did all start as a lost bet he made with Jo about Chrissy never using any of the moves she’d shown her. “I’m glad you’re having some fun with it Dan. I’ll be right back with your drinks.” Mandy said just before she ran off to get them their drinks.

    Carl had walked over to great Dale and Diane along with Callum and Jayden.

     “It’s nice to see you away from the hotel for once Dale.” Carl chuckled as he walked over and shook Dale’s hand just before he gave Diane a hug. “Hello Diane, I trust he’s still treating you well?” Carl asked, but already knew that he would be.

     “He’s just so wonderful to me Carl, that I find it hard to put into words.” Diane beamed as she put her arm through Dales so he could lead her over to a table.

     “Hi mum, Dale. Glad you could make it.” Callum said as he hugged his mum and shook Dale’s hand.

     “It was nice of you to invite us both.” Dale smiled as he shuck Callum’s hand, just before he gave Jayden a hug.

     “Hello Dale.” Jayden smiled as she hugged him back. “Come and take a seat and I’ll sort you both out with a drink while we wait for the meat to start coming our way.” Jayden added as she led them over to a couple of empty seats.

    Once the meat started coming off the barbecue, all the girls came off the bouncy castle to have something to eat. Chrissy ended up sat with Sarah, Prue’s friend, so they could talk about her nightmares, and what she could do to try and stop them.

     “Hello Chrissy, I hear you’ve been having trouble with nightmares since the scare with Becky the other week?” Sarah asked as she gave Chrissy a quick hug.

    Sarah was more like family these days, so Chrissy didn’t mind talking to her about almost anything. “Yes, I keep finding myself in a long hospital hallway with a doctor telling me they couldn’t save Becky or the babies.” Chrissy said with a shudder. “Becky thinks it’s more to do with my dad, than it is to do with her.” She added as she looked down at her lap.

     “I think she could be right Chrissy, and it’s going to be hard to solve the problem with that being the case.” Sarah said with a sigh. “Do you still have all the photo albums with all the pictures of you and the others going out and having fun?” Sarah asked after thinking for a short time.

     “Of course we have.” Chrissy said like she was mad if she thought they would ever get rid of them. “What made you ask that?” Chrissy asked with a more puzzled look now.

     “I was just thinking that maybe looking through some of them before you go to sleep at night, may trigger some happier dreams for you.” Sarah suggested. “It’s kind of like when you have a dream about a film or TV show you watched just before going to bed.” Sarah pointed out.

    Chrissy thought Sarah could be onto something there. She had had some weird dreams after watching a TV program and then going to bed. “I’ll give it a go Sarah; I’d try anything if it will help me stop having that nightmare.” Chrissy shuddered again at the thought of it.

     “You could also try talking about some of the fun things you’ve done with the others as well, that could work better than just looking at the pictures.” Sarah said. “I gather that Becky tells you that she’ll be there for you if you do have the nightmare, and that could be a trigger point for you having it, so just try and think about other things.” Sarah added as she gave Chrissy another hug before letting her go over to sit with Becky, Holly and Greg.

     “Hi baby, was Sarah able to help you with the nightmares?” Becky asked as she wrapped her arms around Chrissy and kissed her like they hadn’t seen each other in a couple of days.

     “I hope so, she said that I need to look at photos and talk about fun things we’ve done before I go to bed.” Chrissy grinned.

     “I could talk about that subject all the time.” Becky grinned back at Chrissy.

     “I didn’t mean it like that silly.” Chrissy said looking very red faced while being sat with her parents. “Sarah means I should talk about some of the fun things we’ve done as a group, so it will trigger happy thoughts for me to go to bed with.” Chrissy rephrased the way she said it.

     “We can do that, but I’d still like to try talking about the other thing as well.” Becky purred as she started stroking the side of Chrissy’s arm as she closed in for another kiss.

     “Becky! Not here and not now!” Chrissy blushed. Becky had gotten very horny of late, due to her not being able to have any fun with Chrissy, now that she was so close to giving birth.

    Greg and Holly didn’t look too bothered as they both sat grinning at the pair of them. “It won’t be long now dear, and you can both get back to normal.” Holly said with a smirk. This just made Becky and Chrissy blush.

    Chrissy was glad when she heard Amy call for her to help sort out desert for everyone, she was soon on her feet and running off into the kitchen to help Amy and Amber sort out fruit salad for everyone, and jelly for Cathleen and Kat. They scooped out ice cream to go with it all and then they started taking them out to everyone.

    Cathleen and Kat wanted to get right back on the bouncy castle, but Chrissy and Amy wouldn’t let them. They wanted to give their food time to settle, so Chrissy and Amy ended up having a tea party with them instead, and then they played a couple of gamed of twister. Chrissy and Amy managed to get Cathleen and Kat settled down for a little bit with a drink and a bar of chocolate. This soon led to the four of them falling asleep on a blanket for half an hour.

    Everyone looked on in wonder at the two little girls with the two larger girls asleep cuddled up on the outside of them like protective mothers. They all made the most of the quiet while they could.

     “Do you think Chrissy will still find time to play with Cathleen and Kat when these two are born?” Callum asked as he looked over Becky’s shoulder at Chrissy’s sleeping form cuddled up to Kat.

     “You’ve never seen Chrissy when we do a birthday party have you?” Becky asked with a grin. “I’ve never seen anyone multi task like she can when it comes to keeping kids happy.” Becky added with pride.

     “No I never have, but all the staff with kids at the hotel says that she and Amy are amazing with all the kids.” Callum said, as he thought about some of the things he and Kara had been told while talking to the other staff members at the hotel.

     “I can’t wait to see her shine when she has two of her own to look after.” Becky smiled as she put her hands on her belly. “Chrissy always looks sad at the end of the day when we’ve done a party. It’s like she just never wanted the thing to end.” Becky added with a little giggle at the number of times when a child had wanted to come home with Chrissy, so they could carry on playing.

     “Do you think she’ll ever get tired of having her own kids 24/7?” Callum asked with a grin, like he already knew the answer.

     “I think the devil will be holding the winter Olympics in Hell before Chrissy would ever get bored with having children of her own Callum.” Becky giggled.

     “I thought that would be your answer, or something like that.” Callum chuckled.

     “It’s a good job Chrissy is still asleep, or she’d be showing Jo just how well she still remembers all the moves she showed her, just for thinking something like that.” Becky warned.

     “Why do you think I waited until she was asleep to ask you?” Callum whispered.

    Becky just giggled as she looked at Chrissy still sleeping. Becky thought it was nice to see Chrissy asleep, and not looking like she was having bad dreams, or nightmares as they were. She found herself wondering just what Chrissy might be dreaming about. Becky thought it would probably be playing as a little girl with Cathleen and Kat. Chrissy had often told Becky about her dreams of being a little girl just like Cathleen while they all played games, even Amy was in her dream, and she was a little girl as well. Whatever Chrissy was dreaming about, Becky knew she was happy because she saw a little smile crease the edge of Chrissy’s lip.

    Everyone kept the talking down to a whisper until Chrissy, Amy, Cathleen and Kat woke up, then it didn’t matter how much noise they made because none of it could be heard over the laughter of Cathleen and Kat giggling as they bounced around on the castle.

    Mandy was glad the neighbours had moved out, and the new ones hadn’t moved in yet, because she would have had to go round and apologise for all the noise. Mandy was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Carl talking to her.

     “What you thinking about babe?” Carl asked as he wrapped an arm around her.

     “I was just thinking that we may have to invite the new neighbours around when we have these barbecues in the future.” Mandy giggled. “Amy’s hoping to become good friends with them so she can go round and use the pool their having put in.” Mandy added with a roll of her eyes.

     “So you still have no idea who the new neighbours are going to be?” Carl asked.

     “Nope, I spoke to a couple of the builders the other day, and they just said the new owner wanted to have all the work done before they moved in.” Mandy shrugged.

     “All sounds very secretive to me.” Carl said in a spooky voice. “Maybe it’s an ex-spy looking to retire, or a billionaire looking to just settle down.” Carl added with a chuckle.

     “I’m sure a billionaire could find a much better place to settle down than my little old street.” Mandy said as she playfully slapped Carl on the shoulder for poking fun at her over the new neighbours.

     “I don’t know about that baby. I can think of one very good reason to settle down in your little old street as you put it.” Carl said just before pulling Mandy in closer for a kiss.

     “You’re not just any old billionaire though are you?” Mandy purred as they broke the kiss.

     “No I’m not. I’m your much younger billionaire.” Carl grinned. “A smaller hedge dividing the two gardens could be less dangerous for Amy as well.” Carl added when he saw that Amy had climbed up on the side of the castle to look over at the work being done to add the large swimming pool to the new neighbours back garden.

    Mandy turned to see what Carl was getting at and saw that Amy was wobbling around on the corner turret of the bouncy castle, so she could look over the high hedge that divided her garden from the one next door. Mandy was just about to shout at Amy to get down, but Chrissy had beaten her to it.

     “Amy! That’s not a good example to set in front of Cathleen and Kat!” Chrissy said in a bossy big sister way.

     “I just want to see how their doing with my new pool.” Amy giggled as she hung on to the castle when she felt herself slipping a little.

     “Amy! Come down now! Kat, no don’t you try and go up there as well.” Chrissy warned as she saw Kat trying to climb up to where Amy had gone to look over the hedge.

     “Okay, sorry sis.” Amy said as she started to make her way down, and turned to see where Kat was, so she didn’t put a foot on her when she got lower down. Amy’s grip slipped and she fell off the castle letting out a scream that was suddenly cut off as she hit the grass. She’d put her arm out to stop herself, but it had just folded under her as her head slammed into the grass.

    Chrissy let out a scream of her own as she slid off the castle and ran over to where Amy’s lifeless body now lay. Chrissy went to move her, but stopped when she heard Prue shout at her and everyone else to not do anything for the time being.

     “Don’t move her Chrissy! Don’t anyone touché her until I’ve had a chance to check her over!” Prue said as she dropped to her knees at Amy’s side. “She might have hurt her back or neck. If we move her, we could do more damage.” Prue warned as she slowly and very carefully started checking to see if Amy was still breathing.

    Carl was already on the phone calling for an Ambulance as Prue carried on checking Amy over. Prue was worried about the angle of Amy’s wrist, and also the fact that she was still out cold from the blow to her head.

     “Will she be okay mum?” Amber said as she tried to get close to her wife, but Brad was holding her back, so she didn’t move her any until the paramedic’s got there to take over. “Let go of me Brad!” Amber growled at him, but he wouldn’t let go.

     “I don’t know Amber. We’ll need to get her to the hospital to find that out.” Prue said looking just as worried as the rest of them did.

     “Amber, Amber. I need you to calm down a little so Brad can let you go, but you must not touch Amy until the paramedic’s have given her the all clear. Do you understand?” Ann said as she looked Amber right in the eyes.

    Amber just nodded, so Ann looked at Brad in such a way that told him to let go. Amber dropped to her knees next to Chrissy and they both just hugged each other in worry. Both feeling the need to hug Amy, but settling for the next best thing, each other.

    Everybody stepped back when the paramedics arrived, so they could do their job. Amy still hadn’t woken up; this worried both Prue and the paramedics. They soon had her on a spinal board and in a neck brace. They slowly took her to the Ambulance so they could get her to the hospital and get her checked out.

    Amber and Chrissy were allowed to go in the back of the Ambulance with Amy, While Ann, Prue and Frank all went in Brad’s truck behind the Ambulance. Carl, Mandy and all the others were going to wait at the house to hear from them when they had something to tell them.

    Cathleen and Kat were both sobbing on their mothers laps; neither fully understanding why Amy wouldn’t wake up. Everyone else understood what had happened though, and they were all really worried at the fact Amy was still out cold when they took her away.

 

Chapter 78

    Chrissy and Amber were both sat in a waiting area with Ann, Brad and Frank. Prue had been gone for some time, trying to find out how Amy was doing. Chrissy, Amber and Ann were all gripping onto cans of cola that had once been cold, but were now feeling a little warm from being gripped so tightly. They all jumped to their feet when they saw Prue enter the room looking worried.

     “How’s she doing mum?” Amber asked just before Chrissy and Ann said the same thing.

     “She’s stable, but still unconscious.” Prue said looking worried. “She’s also got a broken wrist, but she hasn’t done anything to her neck or back though.” Prue added with a small sigh of relief.

     “When do they think she’ll wake up mum?” Ann asked, worry clear to see on her face.

     “That’s what has them worried. There seems to be some slight swelling on the brain, but they hope it will settle down with the drugs they have her on. All we can do is wait and see when she wakes up.” Prue said as she pulled all three girls into a hug with her as they started sobbing again.

     “Can we go in and see her yet?” Chrissy asked with a sniffle.

     “It will be another ten minutes before they have her in a room, then we can all go and see her.” Prue said.

     “I better go and find a phone, so I can call and let the others know what’s happening.” Ann said as she broke the hug and stepped back looking lost and worried still.

     “I’ll go and call them for you Ann.” Brad said as he stopped her from stepping any further away from Prue. Brad gave Ann a sad smile before turning and leaving the room to go and call Carl from just outside the main entrance to the hospital.

    Frank led the girls over to a set of seats, so they could all sit and wait for a nurse to come and let them know that Amy was settled into her room, and they could all go and see her. Prue was glad to have Frank there to hug her while she hugged the three girls. This was the part of being a doctor Prue hated most, the sitting and waiting for Amy’s natural healing power to take its course.


*****

    Everyone was still sat in the garden when they heard Carl’s mobile start to ring, so they all turned to look at him as he answered it.

     “Brad, what’s the news?” Carl asked when he saw it was Brad calling him.

     “Hi boss. Not good, but not bad either.” Brad’s voice said. “She’s got no back her neck injuries, but she has broke her wrist and also she’s not woken up again yet either. Doc said she’s got some swelling on the brain, but they have her on some drugs to help take it down.” Brad added with worry in his voice.

     “I see. How are the others holding up?” Carl asked.

     “As well as can be expected given the circumstances.” Brad said, not knowing what else to say at the minute. “I better get back and see how they are, and I’ll call again later when I have more news for you. Brad said just before ending the call and returning to the others.

    Carl informed the others of the good and bad news, to which they all looked upset and worried as well. Becky was missing having Chrissy there with her, but knew that Chrissy would want to be by Amy’s side until she woke up again. Becky was keeping busy entertaining Cathleen and Kat with some help from Jayden, Cathy and Sara.

     “We better see about getting all this stuff cleared away.” Mandy said as she got up and made a start. She just wanted to keep busy until they got another call to say that Amy was awake and doing okay.

    Everybody chipped in and they were soon getting it all sorted out. It took a little longer to get it all done without Brad or Frank to help, but David, Vic, Carl and Dan got all the heavy lifting done between them. Carl and Vic sorted out letting the air out of the bouncy castle. No one had bothered with it since Amy hurt herself. Cathleen and Kat looked happy to see the monster being taken down as they sat colouring with Becky while the others carried stuff back into the house. Becky had gotten up to help, but was sat down again by Jenna, and told to just keep an eye on the kids for them.

    They all went to the living room for a little bit after that, just before they all left, but not before getting a promise from Mandy and the others to be called the minute they heard anything. Mandy promised as she saw them all off before she returned to the living room where Becky was sat on one sofa, while Jayden and Callum was sat on another one.

     “This doesn’t feel right, not having Chrissy, Amy, Amber and Ann here, or knowing when they will be back.” Mandy said as she sat down and cuddled up to Carl who had just sat down before her.

     “I know what you mean baby, but I’m sure they will all be home again soon.” Carl said to try and sooth Mandy’s worries.

     “I hope you’re right Carl, but what if she doesn’t wake up after the swelling goes down?” Mandy asked as she cuddled into Carl a little tighter at the very thought of losing her baby sister.

     “She survived a head on collision with a van, so I can’t see her letting a bouncy castle get the better of her.” Carl chuckled to try and lighten the mood a little.

    It worked as all the others thought about how stubborn Amy could be when she set her mind on something. Amy or Andy as it was back when they all first met her. Andy had pushed Chrissy out of the way of a van just before being hit herself. Andy had died back then, but Amy was born and had been a baby sister to them all ever since.

     “You do have a good point my love.” Mandy said feeling better thinking about how bad Amy had looked when she first woke in the hospital back then. Amy had both legs in plaster and both arms as well. Chrissy had claimed nursing rights and had been best friends with her ever since.

    Becky put the TV on and then found a comedy to watch, but they mostly just sat thinking about Amy and the others stuck at the hospital waiting for Amy to wake up.


*****

    Brad had just returned to the waiting room when a nurse walked in and told them that Amy was now in a private room and they could all go in and see her.

    They all got up and then followed the nurse down the hallway and into a room with just the one bed in it. Amy was in the bed with her plaster cast hand lying on top of the covers. There were machines hooked up to her, and a couple of drips going into her arm, but for the most part Amy just looked like she was asleep.

     “It looks like she’s just sleeping.” Chrissy said as she walked over to the bed and looked down at her best friend. “Please wake up Amy.” Chrissy pleaded. Chrissy was shocked when Amber helped her to sit down in the chair next to the bed. “Don’t you want to sit down and be near her Amber?” Chrissy asked.

     “I’m not one to sit and wait for things to happen Chrissy. I leave that part of looking after Amy to you.” Amber smiled as she gave Chrissy a quick hug from the side. “I know that Amy is in the best hands right now with you sat there.” Amber added with pride.

     “Do the two of you want to step out and get some fresh air for a bit?” Prue asked as she looked at Ann and Amber.

     “I think that would be a good idea. Come and find us if she wakes up will you?” Ann asked.

     “I’ll be right out to find you all.” Prue smiled as she looked at Frank and Brad to go and keep them company, and also make sure they were safe while stood outside having a drink and getting some fresh air. Prue would have asked Chrissy to go with them, but she already knew that Chrissy wouldn’t be moving from Amy’s bedside until she woke up, or Brad and Frank dragged her away kicking and screaming.

     “How long do you think it will be mum, before she wakes up?” Chrissy asked as she sat looking at Amy’s sleeping form.

     “It’s hard to say Chrissy. She could wake up in a minute, or it could be weeks.” Prue said with a sigh, not wanting to give Chrissy any false hope about Amy’s condition.

     “She’s going to wake up any minute now then mum.” Chrissy said with confidence. “Wake up Amy! Come back to us and stop being so lazy.” Chrissy giggled.

    Prue had to giggle as well. “I can think of a couple of things I’d like to call Amy when she wakes up, but lazy wouldn’t be one of them. Prue suddenly stopped giggling when she saw Amy’s eyes flutter. “Speak to her again Chrissy I think she heard you.” Prue added as she stepped over to look down at Amy’s closed eyes.

     “Amy! Wake up and stop pretending to be asleep.” Chrissy said closer to Amy’s ear this time.

    Prue and Chrissy both looked down at Amy’s eyes as they fluttered open again and stayed open this time as she looked at each of them.

     “You’re alive?” Amy asked Chrissy with a puzzled look. “I’m sorry for what I did.” Amy added.

     “I wasn’t the one that fell of the bouncy castle Amy.” Chrissy giggled, looking happy to see Amy awake again.

     “Amy? You know about Amy? I feel funny.” Amy said as she put her good hand up to her chest and then felt her breasts. “I’ve got breasts?!” Amy screamed as she tried to sit up, but regretted it right away as her head started thumping.

    Chrissy looked at Prue with a very puzzled look, she could tell that something was off with Amy right from the start. “What are you sorry for Amy?” Chrissy asked.

     “I stole from your shop, and then I saw you about to get hit by that van, so I pushed you out the way. “ Amy said in such a way as Chrissy should know all this already. “Why do I have breasts, and how do you know about Amy?” Amy asked as she slipped her hand under the covers to see why everything felt different between her legs.

     “Amy, that all happened over a year and a half ago now.” Chrissy pointed out looking worried. “You’ve been living as Amy for over a year now, and you had the surgery to...” Was all Chrissy got out before Amy found out for herself.

     “Oh shit, it’s gone!” Amy said looking shocked, but not panicked by what she just found. “Was this all done as some sort of punishment for what I stole from your shop?” Amy asked as she looked at first Chrissy and then Prue.

     “No! Why would we do something like that Amy?” Chrissy asked looking hurt at the suggestion.

     “Calm down for a second Chrissy.” Prue said as she raised her hand to stop Chrissy saying another word until she’d had time to ask a couple of questions. “What’s the last thing you remember?” Prue asked as she looked at Amy.

     “The last thing I remember was stealing from her shop and then pushing her out the way of a van before it hit me instead.” Amy said as she tried to remember any more details.

     “She’s suffering from amnesia Chrissy. It looks like she’s forgotten everything she did after saving you from being hit by the van.” Prue said in amazement.

     “So you don’t know who I am anymore?” Chrissy asked looking worried.

    Amy lay in the bed looking at the blond woman, and she suddenly got some flashes of them doing things together and them both having fun doing it. Then a name popped into her head. “Chrissy!” The woman’s name was Chrissy. “Is your name Chrissy?” Amy asked with confusion.

     “Yes it is, you remember me.” Chrissy grinned as she gave Amy a hug.

    Amy got more flashed of them doing this a lot, and she liked it. “Are we friends Chrissy?” Amy asked looking hopeful.

     “Yes, I like to think of us as best friends.” Chrissy smiled.

     “I have a best friend? I didn’t realise I even had a friend, never mind a best friend.” Amy smiled back, not able to stop herself from feeling happy around Chrissy.

     “You have a lot more than just friends Amy. You have a wi...” Was all Chrissy got out before the door to her room opened and Amber, Ann, Brad and Frank entered the room. Chrissy jumped when she heard Amy start screaming.

     “Get them away from me! Don’t let them hurt me Chrissy!” Amy screamed as she used Chrissy as a shield between herself and the large men that had come into the room with her evil sister and best friend.

    Prue quickly worked out that Amy couldn’t remember Ann and Amber being back in her life, or even the fact that she was now married to Amber. All Prue knew was that Amy saw them all as being here to do nasty things to her. She was soon pushing all four of them back out the room while Chrissy calmed Amy back down again.

     “What’s wrong with Amy mum?” Amber asked looking worried. “Why did she freak out like that when she saw all of us?” She added close to tears now.

     “Amy’s suffering from amnesia. She can’t remember anything beyond saving Chrissy from being hit by the van at the minute, but she is starting to remember little bits, so I don’t think it’s been lost completely.” Prue warned them.

     “So Amy thinks were still the bad guys at the minute then?” Ann asked looking even more worried now. “She thinks that I set her up with our parents still?” She added with some anger in her voice as she tried to re-enter the room to set Amy straight about a couple of points.

    Prue stepped into her path, and Brad pulled her back into a tight hug from behind. “Barging in there and shouting at her will not help Ann.” Prue said with a frown. “She’s made a connection with Chrissy, and I hope that this will lead to her remembering even more details as time goes on, but we need to let Amy do it at her own pace.” Prue warned.

    Amy was still gripping on to Chrissy and shaking like a leaf. “You can let go again now Amy, they’ve gone now.” Chrissy said as she looked over her shoulder in such a way that got Amy to do the same.

     “She set me up and got me in trouble with our parents Chrissy. Why is she here now?” Amy asked with tears in her eyes. “And why is Amber with her? Have they brought them men here to beat me up? Don’t let them hurt me Chrissy, please?” Amy pleaded as she hugged Chrissy tight again.

     “Amy, you live with your sister now, and Amber as well as me and some others.” Chrissy said in a calming way. “Your parents lied to you about Ann telling them. We drove up to see your sister and she left home just after you ran away. She lived with Amber then until she moved down here and found a new job.” Chrissy added, hoping that some of what she said would trigger new memories in Amy.

     “I live with you and my sister?” Amy said looking very puzzled. “Why can’t I remember any of this?” Amy added sounding angry for not remembering such an amazing story. “Why does my head hurt so much?” Amy added as she lifted her hands to her head, but stopped when she saw the rings on her finger.

    Chrissy saw Amy look at the rings, and then saw how worried she now looked. “That’s another little thing that you might not remember doing just yet.” Chrissy said with a nervous chuckle.

     “I’m married?” Amy screeched out. “Please don’t tell me I’m married to a man Chrissy? I don’t think I like men, do I?” Amy asked looking frustrated with not being able to remember.

     “No, you married a very beautiful woman, just like I did.” Chrissy grinned as she thought about Becky sat at home waiting for her.

     “Becky? Your wife’s name is Becky!” Amy said as the name and a face suddenly popped into her head.

     “Yes it is, that’s really good Amy.” Chrissy giggled as she clapped her hands together. “Do you remember who your wife is yet?” Chrissy asked looking hopeful.

     “No, I just keep seeing Amber and Ann.” Amy growled. “Are they really still my friends Chrissy?” Amy asked, still not believing her.

     “Amber’s a little more than a friend to you Amy.” Chrissy said looking a little sheepish. “Amber is your wife.” She added, waiting for Amy to lose it again, but Amy just sat looking at Chrissy like she’d suddenly grown a second head.

     “My wife? I’m supposed to believe that my sister’s best friend wanted to marry me?” Amy said it like Chrissy had lost her mind.

     “Close your eyes Amy and let your mind picture Amber, and tell me if all the memories you have of her come from a time when you were living back home.” Chrissy said as she lifted her hand and helped Amy to close her eyes so she could build an image of Amber.

    Amy suddenly found Amber in her mind quite a bit; she even had an image of Batgirl pop in there for some reason. Amy shook her head and let out a little giggle when that happened. “My brain must really be on the fritz, I’m seeing Batgirl for some reason.”

     “Amber dressed as Batgirl last Halloween, while you dressed as Catwoman.” Chrissy pointed out.

    Chrissy and Amy were disturbed at that minute as Prue walked back into the room with a nurse and another doctor. Prue must have explained the problem out in the hallway, because he already seemed to know most of the details.

     “How’s she doing Chrissy?” Prue asked while the doctor shone a light in Amy’s eyes and got her to follow it from side to side. He also asked her a bunch of standard questions.

     “She’s starting to remember things slowly, but some of it is a little mixed up at the minute.” Chrissy smiled as she let Amy keep hold of her hand while the doctor and nurse checked her out.

    Amy may have had a memory like Swiss cheese, but one thing she did know, was that Chrissy was her best friend and she wanted her close at hand right now. The nurse clucked a couple of times, but gave up trying to get between the two girls when she saw the look of determination Amy had as she held onto Chrissy’s hand.

     “I don’t think we have too much to worry about Prue.” The doctor said as he turned to look at her as he spoke. “She seems to be remembering things at a very quick rate of speed. I doubt she’ll have much memory loss, if any at all.” He added with a smile.

     “How long will it take for all her memories to return doctor?” Chrissy asked still looking worried for her friend.

     “A couple of days to a couple of weeks.” The doctor shrugged. “It’s hard to say, but we will want to keep her in for a couple of days, just to be on the safe side.” He added. “Just keep helping her to remember like you have been doing already.” The doctor smiled before leaving the room and indicating for Prue to walk with him.

     “Are you ready to try seeing your sister and wife again now Amy?” Chrissy asked looking hopeful that Amy would say yes this time.

     “Brad and Frank? They were the two men with them right?” Amy asked with a grin as she started to remember more and more things.

     “Yes, Brad is going to be marrying your sister, and you’re going to be her maid of honour.” Chrissy grinned. “I get to play Brad’s best man, well sort of more a best friend really.” Chrissy added, but waved it off as not being important at the minute.

     “I like Brad, and Frank a lot don’t I?” Amy asked, but already knowing the answer. “Brad saved me, no us from my father.” Amy added as more memories flooded her mind.

     “Yes he did, but don’t try and overdo it Amy, just relax and let the memories come back to you at their own speed.” Chrissy soothed as she stepped away to let Ann and Amber know it was safe to enter the room this time.

     “Where are you going Chrissy?” Amy asked looking panicked as she saw Chrissy moving away from her towards the door.

     “I’m just going to poke my head out the door and let the others know they can come in and say hi to you.” Chrissy said as she opened the door and just stuck her head out. “Amy will see you all now, but take it slow; her memory is still very fuzzy.” Chrissy warned them just before she stepped back into the room and ran over to stand at the side of Amy’s bed.

    Amber was the first one into the room. “Hi Amy, do you remember me?”

     “Hi babe.” Amy said with a grin before she realised what she’d just said. Amy also had a warm feeling rush all through her body as she said it. “Where did that come from?” Amy asked herself more than any of the others.

     “Do you remember who I am Amy?” Amber asked looking hopeful.

     “I remember bits of it Amber.” Amy said with a sad look on her face. “Did you really marry me?” Amy asked as she lifted her hand with the rings on it, and pointed at it with the other one.

     “Yes I did.” Amber grinned back as she did the same with her hand to show Amy her two rings. “I love you with all my heart Amy. Can I come closer to you?” Amber asked as she took a couple of slow steps towards Amy’s bed.

    Amy just nodded her head up and down as she started grinning as she held her arms out to get a hug from her wife. Amber started grinning as she ran the last couple of feet and threw her arms around Amy. The next thing Amy knew was Amber’s lips locking onto hers, that was when even more memories of the two of them doing more than kissing flooded her mind like a large wave crashing against the rocks.

     “I remember our wedding now Amber. We got married on a beach, someplace very sunny and warm.” Amy grinned just before kissing Amber again. “I love you Amber. I love you so much it hurts.” Amy added with some pleading as she put her hands up to her chest where she was still trying to get used to having breasts now.

     “I’m glad you remembered all that then my love.” Amber giggled. “I wasn’t looking forward to winning you all over again.” She added with a sigh that made it sound like a lot of work the first time around.

    Ann had been stood with Brad and Frank while Amy and Amber got to know each other again. Amy was now looking right at her sister, but still having trouble pulling the memories she needed to the front of her mind.

     “Hi sis.” Amy said looking worried still that Chrissy might have been wrong about her sister, but at the same time she also knew that Chrissy wouldn’t do anything like that to her.

     “Hi baby sister, do I get a hug as well?” Ann asked as she held out her arms hoping that Amy wouldn’t shy away from her.

    Amy nodded as she held out her arms to take a hug from her sister. “I still can’t remember us meeting again yet, but Chrissy said that you never told mum and dad about me, and I believe her.” Amy said as she hugged her sister.

     “You will remember in time baby sister, but just know that I love you too much to ever hurt you like that.” Ann said as she hugged Amy back.

     “Sorry for screaming at you all when I first saw you, but I was confused and scared. Amy said as she looked around at Ann, Amber, Brad and Frank.

     “We understand Amy. It must be quite a shock to wake up as a woman and then find out you’re married as well.” Ann giggled at the thought of going through something like that.

     “Don’t forget about the splitting headache to go with it.” Amy pointed out as she lifted her hand up to the bandage wrapped around her head.

     “Does it still hurt a lot baby sister?” Ann asked.

     “Yes, but the weird part is all the things I keep suddenly remembering as each minute passes.” Amy frowned as yet more things started popping into her head. Her biggest worry was the sudden need she had to use the rest room. “Chrissy, can you help me with something?” Amy asked as she waved Chrissy to come closer so she could whisper in her ear.

     “Sure Amy, what do you need me for?” Chrissy asked as she got close enough for Amy to whisper it in her ear.

     “Can you help me get to the toilet please? I’m not sure how to use this new pluming I now have.” Amy asked looking ashamed of needing to ask in the first place.

     “I’m sure Amber will help you go Amy.” Chrissy smiled as she looked at Amber, then back at Amy again.

     “I trust you more at the minute.” Amy whined as she did a little shuffle on the bed to show just how desperate she was to go. “Please Chrissy.” Amy whined some more.

     “Okay then, let’s get you out of bed and into the toilet.” Chrissy said as she pulled the covers back and then helped Amy get out and walk to the private toilet she had just off her room. Chrissy was glad that the nurse had removed all the wires and tubes when she was in with the doctor or this would have been much harder to do.

    Amber didn’t look upset with Amy for not trusting her, she looked glad that Amy had total trust in Chrissy to help her instead. Amber had seen this bond between them since the first time she came down and saw Amy again. She was glad that Amy felt that bond so strong still even after losing all her memories from the past eighteen months.

    Prue was back in the room when Chrissy returned with a much happier looking Amy at her side, still looking a little shaky on her feet though.

     “Hi mum. Sorry for all the trouble.” Amy smiled, but then looked puzzled for a couple of seconds before it was like someone had answered an unasked question. “You’re Prue, but we all call you mum, or we get in trouble.” Amy added with a giggle.

     “Yes you do dear, but I’ll let you off just this once.” Prue smiled, happy to see that Amy’s memories were coming back thick and fast now. “How are you feeling now Amy?”

     “Much better, thanks.” Amy sighed, glad to have been to the toilet and had Chrissy help her remember what she needed to do.

     “I wasn’t talking about the toilet break silly.” Prue frowned, just before she started grinning. “I was talking about the head and the broken wrist.” Prue asked as she first pointed at Amy’s bandaged head, and then her plaster cast lower arm.

    This part of Amy was just like her old self, and it soon had the others laughing at her as Chrissy got her back over to the bed and helped her to settle back down into it.

     “Doesn’t she seem a little blonder than normal to you Annie?” Amber asked with a grin.

     “Hey! Don’t start with the blond jokes again.” Chrissy warned, but she was grinning as she did it, so Amber knew she didn’t mean anything by it. They all soon looked at Amy again when she suddenly started to giggle, as she put her hand over her mouth.

     “Sorry about that.” Amy mumbled through her hand. “I just had a sudden flash of all the blond things I’ve done in the past.” Amy giggled some more.

     “What does it feel like to not remember, but then suddenly have the memories appear back in your head?” Brad asked with a worried look on his face. “All sounds pretty scary to me Amy.” He added.

     “It’s very confusing at first, but then the memory just seems to fall into place. It’s kind of like doing a jigsaw puzzle.” Amy said sounding excited that she’d found a good way to explain it to them all. “I pick up a memory like you would do a jigsaw piece, and then I remember where it fits and pop it back in the right slot.” Amy smiled.

     “The doctor said that this was a very good sign, and you should have all your memories back in the next couple of days, or as soon as you have trigger points.” Prue said with a smile, happy that Amy would be okay.

     “Trigger points?” Amy asked looking worried. “What are those?”

     “It’s when you see a face, or hear a sound, or a smell. You will then have a memory of where you’ve seen, heard or smelt it before.” Prue told her. “Most of it will just come natural to you, like the way you cling to Chrissy like you’re doing now.” Prue added as she looked at Amy hugging Chrissy’s arm without realising she was doing it.

    Amy giggled. “Sorry about that Chrissy.” But she still didn’t let go of Chrissy’s arm. “Will I get my entire memories back mum?” Amy asked with a little worry on her face.

     “Yes the doctor seems to think you will, but they still want to run some more tests to make sure you’re going to be okay. I hope you don’t mind spending a couple of days here in hospital?” Prue asked.

     “Do I have to stay here? Can’t I just go home and come back in the morning or something like that?” Amy whined, not looking forward to being in a hospital bed all alone. She wanted to be at home with Amber in their own bed. Amy then had a long flash of some things her and Amber did in that bed. “You’re very talented Amber.” Amy said with a grin.

    Amber looked at Amy with a puzzled look until she realised what memories Amy was now having, then she just went very red in the face. “Amy! Not now.”

     “MEOW!” Amy said with a giggled, as she had a memory of Amber dressed as Batgirl and her dressed as Catwoman playing around on the bed before going to the club. “Kitty likes to play.” Amy added with another giggle.

     “Please babe, I don’t think we need to share that with the rest of the class.” Amber pleaded with Amy to shut up.

     “Oh sorry.” Amy said looking very sheepish. “We’ll revisit that memory when I get home again.” Amy winked at Amber.

     “I think I better go and give Mandy a call, and let them all know that Amy’s awake and craving exercise.” Prue said with a raised eyebrow and a smirk as she left the room.

     “I think I’ll go with her and make sure she calls the right number.” Frank said as he quickly followed her out the room.

    Amy, Amber Chrissy, Ann and Brad all laughed at the worried look Frank had as he looked at first Amy and then Amber before leaving the room.


*****

    Mandy quickly hit the answer button on her phone when she saw it was her mum calling her. “Hi mum, has Amy woken up?”

     “Hello dear. Yes Amy is now awake, but we have had some problems since she woke.” Prue said with a sigh. “The bump to the head has left her with some amnesia.” She added.

     “Amnesia? How bad is it? Can she remember who she is?” Mandy asked one after the other.

     “When she first woke, Amy couldn’t remember anything after being hit by the van when she first saved Chrissy, but she’s getting all her memories back slowly.” Prue said to reassure Mandy. “I’ve just left a very red faced Amber trying to stop Amy from telling the others about Batgirl and Catwoman doing some very private things on their bed together.” Prue giggled.

     “Thank god for that.” Mandy said with a sigh as the others all just sat looking at her in horror still. “I’ll explain everything in a minute.” Mandy added as she looked around the room. “Will she get all her memories back mum?” Mandy asked.

     “I think so, she’d recovering quite fast now, but the doctors want to keep here in for a couple of days, just to make sure there’s no permanent damage.” Prue pointed out to stop any of them worrying.

     “How are the others holding up?” Mandy asked, but more worried about Chrissy than the others. Mandy knew how hard Chrissy was already finding it to deal with her dad, and the scare they had with Becky just over a week ago.

    Prue already knew what Mandy was trying to ask, so she just told her straight out. “Chrissy is doing just fine. Amy has latched on to her just like she did back after the van hit her. I’m sure the others will be able to fill you in fully when they get home later. I just wanted to let you know that Amy was now awake again.”

     “Thanks mum and I’ll talk to you again later. Bye.” Mandy said before ending the call and then looking at the others so she could fill them all in.

     “How bad is it Mandy?” Carl asked looking worried.

     “Amy had forgotten everything from the van hitting her up to now, but she was beginning to remember things again though, and mum said that she should recover all her memories in time.” Mandy had a hopeful smile on her face as she said it.

     “Wow that must have been something to wake up to?” Becky said as she thought about Amy finding out she was now a girl, but not remember going through any of it.

     “I bet.” Carl said as he thought about the same thing.

     “Mum said the others will fill us all in later when they get home. She also said that Chrissy was doing fine, and Amy had latched on to her just like she did after the van hit her.” Mandy said as she looked at Becky.

     “We all better pick a number and start making some calls.” Carl said as he picked up his mobile and scrolled down the list until he found Vic’s number. “I’ll call Vic, so he can then let Mable and the others know that Amy is doing okay.

     “I’ll call Hope and let them know.” Becky said as she grabbed her mobile, but didn’t try to get up off the sofa.

     “I’ll call Cathy and Sara.” Mandy said as she jumped up and left the room so she had a little quiet while she explained all the details to them.

     “I better give mum and Dale a call to let them know.” Callum said as he pulled his mobile out his pocket. Dale and Diane had also been at the barbecue when Amy had her fall.

     “I’ll call Rachel and Samantha and let them know, and I’ll also drop Jo and Dan a text message to just let them know Amy is doing okay and is awake. I won’t try and explain about the amnesia until one of use can explain it to them properly.” Jayden said as she got up and went to find her purse and mobile that was in her purse.

    Once all the calls were made they all returned to the living room to await the return of the others. It was another hour before they heard the front door and they saw Chrissy run into the room and make her way over to Becky on one of the sofas. Amber had been pulled along behind her and forced to take a seat next to Chrissy as she dropped down and rested her head on Becky’s shoulder.

    Brad and Ann were the next two to enter the room followed by Prue and Frank. Prue had to come back and get her car, then she was going to drop frank off at home on the way back to her place, well that’s what she said, but the look in Frank’s eyes said that he had other plans.

     “Hi baby. How was Amy when you left her?” Becky asked Chrissy as she gave her a hug.

     “She was getting sleepy, but didn’t want Amber and me to leave her though.” Chrissy pouted. “She made me promise to keep Amber safe until she could get out and come home again.” Chrissy added as she pulled Amber into a hug on her other side to what Becky was sat.

     “So she remembers that Amber is her wife then?” Becky asked looking happier to know that.

     “Yes, and she is remembering more and more stuff all the time.” Chrissy smiled. “She was even remembering some stuff that Amber wished she hadn’t.” Chrissy giggled just before getting poked in the side by Amber who was also giggling by now.

    Watching Chrissy and Amber play around helped the others to relax a little. Amy must have been much better when they left her, or they never would have felt like playing around like they were.

    Mandy and Carl walked Prue and Frank out to Prue’s car before they returned to find out some more details to do with Amy and her amnesia. Jayden was just coming back into the living room from the kitchen with a tray of hot chocolate drinks for everyone. They all sat down with their drink and listened as Chrissy and Amber told them all the details of how scared Amy had looked when Ann and Amber first entered the room up to her remembering some of the things her and Amber had done in the bedroom. Ann explained how Amy saw it all as a strange jigsaw puzzled that was still being put together, but she didn’t have a picture to work from.

    They all felt sorry for Amy having to just wait for all the pieces to just fall back into place, but they were all going to do their little bit to help her make a full recovery.

    It was getting late by the time Chrissy. Amber. Ann and Brad had brought the others up to speed, and Brad was getting ready to leave when Amber stopped him.

     “Why don’t you stop and spend the night with Ann Brad?” Amber asked.

     “I thought you’d want her to spend the night with you?” Brad said as he looked at Ann and then Amber again.

     “I’ll be fine sleeping on my own Brad, so stop the night and keep Ann company.” Amber grinned.

     “Are you sure you’ll be alright Amber? I can cope for one night without Brad if you need me.” Ann said.

     “I’ll be just fine Annie, now get to bed and I’ll see you in the morning.” Amber said with a note of finality as she pushed Ann towards Brad so they could go up to bed.

    Amber walked up to bed with Chrissy and Becky at her side. “You’re welcome to spend the night with us Amber; we can’t get up to much at the minute anyway.” Chrissy said with a pout as she put a hand on Becky’s belly.

     “Would that really be okay with the two of you?” Amber asked, more looking at Becky than Chrissy as she asked.

     “I’d like that a lot Amber.” Becky smiled as she stepped around Chrissy and gave Amber a hug. “So run off and get ready for bed, then come back here and we will both help to keep you safe.” Becky added with a grin as she turned Amber in the direction of her and Amy’s room before slapping her on the backside and sending her off to get ready for bed.

    Chrissy and Becky had just got in bed when they heard a light tap on the bedroom door before they saw Amber poke her head around it. “Is it still okay for me to join you?” Amber asked looking hopeful.

     “Come and get in this bed right now young lady.” Becky said in a firm voice that had Amber running over and slipping into bed next to Chrissy, this put Chrissy in the middle of the bed with Becky one side and Amber the other.

     “Do you not want to sleep in the middle Amber?” Chrissy asked.

     “No thanks, I’m fine sleeping this way. I’m use to having Amy in the middle when Ann sleeps with us, so this will feel more normal for me, and I don’t want to break up you and Becky either.” Amber grinned.

     “Do you want to try this thing that Sarah told you to do Chrissy, or do you think it would be a waste of time tonight?” Becky asked as they all lay their heads on the pillows.

     “What is it that Sarah wants you to try Chrissy?” Amber asked.

     “She thinks that looking at pictures of us all doing fun things, and also talking about them could help me stop having the nightmare about Becky and the hospital.” Chrissy said, but not looking convinced any of it would work.

     “It can’t hurt to give it a go Chrissy.” Amber said sounding more positive about it. “What about the big Halloween party at the club last year? Amy seemed to like remembering that.” Amber pointed out with a grin.

     “Sounded more like she liked what happened once you and her got home and in the bedroom.” Chrissy giggled.

     “True, but she did start to remember stuff from the club just after that bit.” Amber giggled.

    The three of them started talking about the Halloween party at the club, and how much fun they all had. Amber said how cute Chrissy looked as Supergirl. Then they talked about all the dancing they did and how they were all worn out by the end of the night. All three of them were having trouble keeping their eyes open by the time they finished remembering the night, and they were soon turning the lights off and falling asleep all cuddled up together.

    Chrissy never had the nightmare that night, she dreamed of being Supergirl and saving Amy as she fell from a large castle. Chrissy flew her back up to the castle wall and then kissed her before flying away again to save another helpless girl in trouble. The next girl was about to be hit by a white van, but Chrissy landed and stopped the van dead in its tracks before making sure the girl was alright. Once again the girl was Amy. Chrissy remembered her whole dream being about her saving Amy from getting hurt. Chrissy thought the dream was very weird, but it was a better one than the hospital one where she thought that Becky was dead.

    Becky lay smiling as she watched Chrissy sleeping the next morning. It had been some time since she’d seen Chrissy look so happy as she slept. Becky was still smiling when she saw Chrissy slowly open her eyes and saw Becky lying next to her.

     “Morning sleepy head.” Becky smiled just before leaning over and kissing Chrissy on the lips. “I trust you had a much better night’s sleep?” Becky asked when they broke the kiss.

     “Much better, but we need to find more normal things to talk about though.” Chrissy said as she went to have a stretch but realised that someone was cuddled up tight behind her. Chrissy suddenly remembered that Amber had gone to bed with them the night before.

     “I think Amber was glad of the company.” Becky said as she saw Chrissy trying to look over her shoulder without waking Amber, who was still fast asleep.

     “I’m glad we were able to help out.” Chrissy said as she just put her head back on the pillow and let Amber have a little more sleep.

    Becky wasn’t in any rush to move, so she just cuddled back up to Chrissy and put her head back on the pillow next to Chrissy facing her. Chrissy was soon giggling though when the babies started kicking and poking Becky’s belly out and making contact with Chrissy as they did so.

     “Looks like the kids know you’re awake baby.” Becky giggled.

     “Sorry about that.” Chrissy said with a pained look, as she knew that it would soon lead to Becky needing to run off to the toilet like she did every time the babies started moving around.

    It wasn’t long before Becky felt the need to get out of bed and make a dash to the bathroom to answer the call of nature. Becky getting out of bed finally woke Amber and she smiled sheepishly at Chrissy when she realised that she’d been cuddled up to her like she would do if it was Amy she’d been sleeping with.

     “Sorry about that.” Amber said in a sleepy voice as she slid back a little bit and had a stretch.

     “Don’t worry about it Amber. I’m just glad you got some sleep.” Chrissy smiled as she turned over to face Amber.

     “Thank you for letting me spend the night with you and Becky. I just hope I didn’t keep either of you awake?” Amber asked.

     “Nope, we both slept just fine, well apart from the normal toilet trips Becky has to make through the night, but we kind of got use to them some time back now.” Chrissy giggled.

     “Did the trip down memory lane help with the nightmares?” Amber asked looking hopeful.

     “Yes it did, but it was a little weird though. I dreamt I was Supergirl, and I kept saving Amy.” Chrissy said with a strange look on her face as she recalled some of the dream she had.

     “I’m not surprised Chrissy, that girl needs a lot of saving.” Amber grinned.

     “I’m sorry I couldn’t save her for real.” Chrissy sighed as she thought about Amy falling from the bouncy castle as she watched it happen.

     “There was nothing you could have done Chrissy.” Amber said as she pulled Chrissy into a hug with her. “I was stood right next to you at the time, so I know there was nothing you could have done to stop it, and you did shout at her to get down just before she fell.” Amber pointed out.

     “What if me shouting at her made her fall Amber?” Chrissy asked with worry in her voice. “Oh god, I made Amy fall and hurt herself.” Chrissy added with fear in her voice.

     “Hey! Stop that right now Chrissy!” Amber snapped as she slid back to look Chrissy in the eyes. “Amy would be the first to tell you off for thinking like that.” Amber added.

     “Amber’s right baby.” Becky said as she entered the bedroom again and walked over to the bed. “It was just a silly accident.” She added as she slipped back onto the bed next to Chrissy.

     “I just feel like I should have done more to stop her getting hurt.” Chrissy said with tears running down her cheeks.

     “That feeling is what makes you Amy’s best friend Chrissy. She’d be the same if it was you that got hurt.” Amber said as she wiped away the tears. “Amy was a wreck all the time you were away on your little holiday.” Amber added.

    Chrissy soon found herself in the middle of a group hug as Becky attacked her from one side, while Amber did the same from the other side. This made Chrissy feel better, and they were soon getting out of bed so they could get ready for work, or Chrissy could get ready for work, Becky and Amber were going to the hospital to spend some time with Amy while they ran their tests and gave her the all clear to come home again.

    Amber ran off to her and Amy’s room to take a quick shower, so she could get down stairs and help Chrissy sort out breakfast for them all. Chrissy and Becky went to take a shower together in their bathroom. They were still doing their bit to save the planet.

    Mandy and Carl were just making a pot of tea when they saw Chrissy and Becky enter the kitchen a little later. Amber was only a couple of minutes behind them looking more awake than Mandy and Carl thought she would.

    Morning Amber. You look better than I thought you would after spending a night without Amy to cuddle with.” Mandy said as she poured Amber a cup of tea out while she got to work with Chrissy as they made a start on breakfast.

     “I had the next best thing to cuddle up next to.” Amber said with a grin as she looked at Chrissy stood next to her.

     “Chrissy and Becky let you share their bed then?” Mandy asked, also grinning. She knew how much better she slept when she was cuddled up next to Chrissy. “How did you sleep last night sis?” Mandy asked, as she looked at Chrissy.

     “I slept a lot better last night. We spoke about the fun we all had last Halloween before we fell asleep, and it seemed to work.” Chrissy frowned as she said it, which didn’t go unnoticed on Mandy or Carl.

     “You don’t look too convinced about it sis.” Mandy said looking worried that Chrissy was just trying to put a brave face on it all, and she had been having nightmares still.

     “It did work, but I just had weird dreams due to what we ended up talking about.” Chrissy said, not wanting to tell Mandy and Carl about her Supergirl dreams.

     “Chrissy had a dream that she was really Supergirl, and she spent all night saving Amy from one thing after the other.” Amber giggled as she playfully poked Chrissy in the side with her elbow.

     “Just think of the problems it would solve if you were really Supergirl.” Carl said with a sigh, like Chrissy was always getting in trouble.

     “I’m glad she’s not Supergirl!” Becky said looking worried. “We’d never stand a chance of stopping her running away every time she had a problem.” Becky added with a smirk.

     “Wouldn’t that be flying away?” Amber asked with another giggle.

     “So this is the thanks I get for helping you have a good night’s sleep while your wife is ill in hospital?” Chrissy asked with a pout.

     “I’m sorry sis, but I just think it’s cute, and I am grateful for what you did last night.” Amber added as she threw her arms around Chrissy and hugged her.

    Callum and Jayden soon entered the kitchen with Ann and Brad following just behind. Jayden ran over to help Chrissy and Amber sort out breakfast, while Callum, Ann and Brad all took seats at the kitchen table with Carl, Mandy and Becky.

    Breakfast seemed quiet without Amy there with them, so they all ate and then went off to get ready to go to work or in Brad, Amber and Becky’s case, get ready to go and see how Amy was doing.

    Mandy and Chrissy were going to get done at the shop early, and then go to the hospital right after.

 

To Be Continued Soon  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Apologies Everyone

Sorry this one was a day late this week, I had a blonde moment and lost track of what day it was :(

Hugs
Sammi

You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 32 By SaraUK

WOW! What a way to end a party! And more to come, too! :)

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

They have an amazing bond

... funny that Amy trusts and remembers Chrissy before she remembers her own wife. Yes memory is a strange thing but still ....

I wonder who the neighbors are but I will keep those guesses to myself.

Finally, a comment on recent episodes and the need for a serious suspension of disbelief that all these crossdressers in our circle of friends (and family), namely Kara and Cathy and Samantha, has somehow managed to learn to speak in a female voice in like one easy lesson (?) For all of us who has taken the discipline of many many years to achieve even a good voice, it is tough to believe so many can achieve 'perfect female voice' status in such an incredibly short period of time.

Kim

I have a feeling Carl has

I have a feeling Carl has bought the neighbouring house but not for himself, I have a feeling it'll be a wedding present to Anne and Brad, enjoyable chapter as always.

Thanks.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p