Glimpses 5

Printer-friendly version

Name: Ronald Sutherland
Aliases: Constance (Connie) Sutherland
Coden name: Flying Fox
Ratings: flying, strength, PK (contact?) levels uncertain
Techniques: none
Weak vs.: [unknown]
Backup/ Team affiliation: family

"OK, we need you to change into this gown for the medical tests."

Connie reluctantly went behind the screen and took off her hat and the dress." "What about my underwear?"

"You can leave that on for now, but it'll have to come off for a few things."

She shyly stepped from behind the screen. The first thing they noticed were the fox ears that had been hidden under her hat. As she stepped away from the screen, they noticed her bushy tail sticking out from the gap in the back of the exam gown.

Being Whateley, Dr. Tennant merely raised an eyebrow.

"When did you grow the ears and the tail?"

"Umm. I didn't exactly grow them...." Connie swallowed then went on in a rush. "You said anything weird from the exam would be confidential, right.?"

"That's right. We may have to tell your brother some things because he's your legal guardian. But otherwise it's locked down."

"O-okay. Don knows about this stuff anyway."

"So tell me about the ears and tail?"

The body parts under discussion twitched. "Well, it started out as a way to hide my identity in case I got spotted..."

Connie explained about how she and Blip had almost gotten caught by some people.

"We figured that they didn't get a very good look at us, and we were a long ways from home anyway. But it got me thinking. The masks on the costumes we came up with were good, but I wanted something that'd really send them off on a wild goose chase. Then i saw a foxgirl at a con and decided I liked the look."

"By then I'd discovered that my 'skin' field could hold things and shape them some. I was already using that to hold the mask and cape. And for some other things... " she blushed.

"Anyway I could hold the ears and tail in place that way. With some practice I could move them some. Now I don't really have to think about it, I just do it. I can even sorta feel with them."

"That's a new one. So they're a disguise?"

"Yeah, except these days it feels more like taking them off is the disguise. It really bugs me to have them off."

"Well, in that case, let's keep them on right now. I'll want to examine you without them, but we'll make that as brief as we can."

There was no problem with checking Connie's eyes ears, nose or throat. Dr. Tennant stuck a disposable thermometer strip under Connie's tongue and had her cross her legs. Then Dr. Tennant tried the reflex test with the little rubber hammer.

Connie's leg barely twitched. Dr. Tennant made a note. Then she took the strip out of Connie's mouth and wrote down the temperature.

"Your reflexes seem a bit off. Your leg barely twitched when I tested it.."

"Well, you barely touched it..."

Dr. Tennant raised an eyebrow. "I hit it as hard as I'm supposed to for the test."

Connie suddenly got an "Oops" look.

"Uh, try it now."

Dr. Tennant tried it again and this time got a normal response.

"What did you do?"

"I had my field up. It sort of affects how I feel things. I still feel things, but I don't get bruises or stuff."

After this Dr. Tennant wasn't surprised to run into trouble when she tried to get Connie's blood pressure. Once the girl "dropped the field" on her arm the readings were normal.

"OK, Now I need to take off your underwear for the breast exam and gyno work-up"

Connie froze for a moment and then went behind the screen and came out in a few minutes with just her exam gown on.

"Please sit on the table and drop your top."

Blushing Connie did so.

The doctor noted that the girl's breasts looked a bit odd. Something about the shape. Ah, There didn't seem to be any sag. Though there was something about the nipple...

A thought struck Dr. Tennant. "Please drop the field you are using on your breasts, Connie."

Connie hung her head and her breasts sagged a bit. Much to Dr. Tennant's surprise they seemed to deflate a tiny bit as well.

"Ah, you were enhancing them a bit with your powers. Well, don't worry, some girls just take a bit longer to develop."

Connie just kept her head down and sniffled a little.

"There, there. It's OK. I need to fell them now. Pay attention to how I do this. You need to be able to give yourself a self-exam every so often."

Dr. Tennant kept control of her face as her fingers told her that these weren't normal breasts. She couldn't find the structures she expected. It was almost like a boy's chest except for the amount of tissue.

"OK, you can put your top back up."

As Connie pulled the top of the gown back up Dr. Tennant checked Connie's file. Ah. it had sex listed as complicated. That might explain things. She decided to finish the exam before asking more questions. She'd likely have a better idea of what questions to ask then.

"OK, now turn sideways and scoot towards this end of the table."

Seeing how nervous the girl was, Dr. Tennant said "You've never had a gynecological exam before, have you?"

Connie shook her head.

"It's alright, I'll take it slow and be gentle."

Dr. Tennant helped the girl get onto the stirrups. Once Connie was positioned properly, Dr. Tennant raised the hem of the gown.

At first glance, everything looked OK, but when she started to gently probe, she met a lot of resistance. And the girl flinched.

"Connie, I'm not going to hurt you. Please trust me. And let go or whatever it is you do. I need to see whatever's really down here." She paused. "Or would you rather have a male doctor?

"Oh god, no. Please, no!"

Dr. Tennant moved so she could hug the girl. "Easy, it's OK. I think I know what you've got down there and it's OK. I just had to ask you about another doctor."

She held the girl until she seemed calmer.

"OK, I know you don't like this much, but can I look at you down there now?"

Reluctantly, Connie nodded her head.

When Dr. Tennant got to the foot of the exam table, this time she could see the folds that had been there before had been created by carefully arranged folds of Connie's scrotum. Her penis was starting to poke out a bit as well.

With a gloved hand she gently stretched the penis out. It seemed about normal for a boy just starting puberty. Small, but unlikely to be an enlarged clitoris. Especially with a urethra in the normal position for a male.

Moving slowly and carefully, she palpated the pubic mound. Yes, there were a pair of lumps where she half expected to find them.

"You pushed your testicles up inside, didn't you?"

Connie whimpered "Y-yes."

"It's alright, but I need to examine them. It shouldn't hurt much to get them back down, not anymore than it does when you push them up. How long has it been, dear?"

"A-a couple of days. The ... the stuff on the web said I shouldn't leave them up inside for more than a few days at a time..." Connie said it a small voice.

"Can you do it, or should I?"

"I.. I can do it."

With that, much to Dr. Tennant's surprise, the skin on Connie's pubic mound developed a couple of dimples and she could see the testicles pop back into their normal location.

She bent down for a closer look as she gently felt them. 'That's odd," she thought, "after a couple of days, that tucked skin should be sweaty". Instead it was clean and dry, She bent closer and sniffed. Not a hint of odor either. Hmm.

She helped Connie out of the stirrups, and had her go through the "bend over and cough" check as well as a prostate exam..

"Connie, you were born a boy, weren't you?"

Connie hung her head again, "Yes, ma'am"

"It's OK. You aren't the first transgendered student we've had here. Now, I have to ask Is this more of that disguise stuff like the ears and tail, or is it something more?"

"I.. I want to be a girl. I can kinda shape things right, but I wish I was right."

Dr. Tennant gave the girl a hug.

"Think you can handle my looking at your ears now?"

Connie nodded. The fox ears were really quite good. If it wasn't for there not actually being an opening into the head they'd have been perfect. And the hair around them hid that fairly well.

"I need to look at the skin under them. What do you need to do so I can?"

"I just need to let go of them. Then you can just pull them off. Be care not to set them down on anything dirty. It gets itchy if I get anything stuck under them."

"OK, any time you re ready." Dr. Tenant had gently grabbed the tips of the ears, one in each hand. They twitched when she touched them.

"Are you sure these are fake?" she exclaimed.

Connie smiled. "Yeah they're fake. But I can sorta feel them, and I've been practicing for years.."

"That's right you manifested early didn't you?"

"Yep. You can pull them off now."

With that the ears went limp and with a gentle tug they came off.

Dr. Tennant carefully examined the bare spots on the girls scalp that appeared when the ears were gone.

"Do you shave the hair here? It's a very good job. "

"Huh, oh no. I used to, but the hair just doesn't grow there anymore."

That got another raised eyebrow. And much closer look at the bare spots. Which seemed to be mildly indented. Hmm.

"Does this hurt?" Dr. Tennant asked as she carefully probed at the bare spot.

"No, but it sort of tickles."

There was a definite depression, but it wasn't soft. Or rather there was some soft tissue there, but the bone underneath was firm.

"There's something a bit odd here. Not wrong, just unusual. I think we'll need a few X-rays."

"Well, OK, I guess. Can I have my ears back?"

Dr. Tennant smiled. "I think that'll be fine."

She picked the ears back up, and as she moved them into place, it was almost like a magnet as they got close to the right spot they lined themselves up and twitched.

"That was odd. Do they always do that?"

"Oh yeah, I can feel where they need to be."

The doctor made a few notes.

"OK, now I really want to look at your tail. Let's see. How about you bend over the table again?"

Connie sighed. "OK" She slid her feet to the floor and assumed the position.

Dr. Tennant noted that the gown which should have spread open in that position was still covering the girl's buttocks.

"Are you holding on to the gown, dear?"

"Oh, yeah, I do that with skirts and stuff so I don't accidentally flash guys. "

The doctor couldn't resist joking. "As opposed to deliberately flashing them?"

Connie giggled, then replied "Good girls don't flash boys."

"Um-hum" was all the reply Dr. Tennant gave that.

"Well. I need to look at the base of your tail, so if you'd let me get at it..."

To her surprise, instead of falling away the way the gown normally would, it spread itself.

"My, that must be handy in the bathroom" she commented as she examined the base of the girl's tail.

It looked natural. A small patch of fur, thin on the edges and getting thicker as it became the base of the tail.

Some probing around the base showed that it seemed to attach to the base of the spine. And that the coccyx was aligned with the tail rather than pointing down like it normally did in humans. That was odd.

She gently grasped the tail. Hmm. It felt like there were bones in there. Muscles too from the feel as it twitched.

"OK, can you let go of the tail now?"

As she asked she felt it go limp and come loose in her hand.

To her surprise, only the center of the patch of fur came with it. The skin exposed was clean & dry. No feel of adhesive or anything. It felt rather thin over the bone. And was apparently very ticklish.

As she went to replace the tail she asked "What did you make these from anyway, they're quite realistic?"

"Oh, just some plastic and fake fur."

"It must have been very hard making the bones in the tail."

"Huh, what bones? It's just fake fur!"

That stopped the doctor. She felt the tail again. Yep, there was still some structure in there that felt like bones and tissue under the fur.

"Connie. Sit up."

When the bewildered girl had turned around and sat down, the doctor hand her the tail.

"Here. Take your tail in your hand and feel it."

Connie started feeling and got a surprised look. "But it was just fur.."

"It's more now. You've also got a small patch of matching fur around where it attaches. And there's something odd about the way the bone there goes too. I think we need to schedule more tests to check this out."

"I... Is something wrong with me?"

"Hopefully not. But some mutants who use their powers to alter their forms sometimes wind up making their real forms match the changes. I can't say that's what's happening here. It's not usual for it to happen with your sort of powers, but it bears checking out."

Connie looked thoughtful. "Would that mean I might get real girl parts too?"

"Maybe. If you are changing to match this disguise of yours it could happen. But we really don't know what's going on or even if anything is going on."

"Well, I want to be a girl. And having the ears and tail is OK, even if it messes up being able to hide by taking them off. So I guess I can live with that if it happens."

"My you are just full of surprises, aren't you. I think you'll want to think that over some. We'll have someone you can talk all of that over with."

"Go ahead and get dressed, then we'll go get you some blood tests and those X-rays. And if there's time a couple other things."

The blood draw was interesting, The tech bent the needle before Dr. Tennant thought to ask Connie to drop her field. After that it went OK She noticed that there was no bleeding after the needle was withdrawn and made a note that they'd need to check the girl's healing rate.

The skull X-ray was a surprise. Connie's head showed up as 100% opaque to X-rays.

Connie looked at it and said. "Oh. I bet that goes with not getting sunburns..."

"I can see a lot more tests in your future, young lady. Do you think you can turn it off so he can get X-rays?"

It took a couple of tries, but soon there were several X-rays of her skull and the base of her spine.

"Drat. I can't quite get enough detail. We'll have to schedule you for an MRI or CAT scan later. Well, hopefully an ultrasound will go quicker."

Indeed, the ultrasound wasn't a problem. But while getting the images was easy, interpreting them was going to be a bit more difficult.

***

"Connie? I want to get the scans before we talk about your results from yesterday."

"OK, I guess."

There were the expected problems with the CAT scan until Connie let her skin field pass the X-rays.

The real surprises were the MRI and the PET scan.

First try at the MRI Connie noted a slight resistance as she walked up to the machine. She didn't think anything of it. But when the magnets switched to full power the loud clunk startled her. And she startled the tech as she popped out of the machine at a very high speed.

She was able to stop before she hit the wall. Barely.

After some arguing, she convinced them that she hadn't flown out. She'd just brought up her field.

Eventually they figured out that when she strengthened her field she'd forced out the magnetic field from the machine. And that had pushed her out of the machine.

The PET scan was where thing got weird. They had her drink the custom radioisotope mix.

"Okay, what did you do? You have to drink the stuff or we can't get a reading!"

"But I did drink it!"

She lowered her skin field. Still no readings.

After some discussion, they decided it would be safe to give her a dose of a different mix that was used for a different type of imaging study.

They checked the mix with a Geiger counter. And as she drank it the count rate dropped.

Much consternation.

They finally tried placing her in a well shielded room and taking readings as they X-rayed her with a portable unit. The X-rays went through, proving her field was down. But they got no radiation count from her. Not even the normal background count.

up
152 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

very interesting... could

jennifer breanna's picture

very interesting... could have a future as a reactor tech. :)

shaping herself

that would be a handy power ...

DogSig.png

Interesting

Tas's picture

Obviously there's more to Connie than meets the eye, or even the sensors. It seems that there wasn't an issue with her getting to Whateley, which is good, and hopefully she continues to change in the way she wants to.

-Tas

<innocent look>

Brooke Erickson's picture

<innocent look>
Transformation? What transformation?
</innocent look>

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Yes, but can she play "go

Yes, but can she play "go Fish?" Interesting powers she seems to have and I wonder how long it will take for the people testing her to get proper results?

Boy

Jamie Lee's picture

Connie is an enigma wrapped up in a puzzle.

Wonder what they will make of all the tests?

Others have feelings too.

can Dr Tennant

get her on HRT? it looks like she consuming the rads.
good job, thanks