Alex & Chris Chapter 61

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 61 The council official.

On arriving back at home again in Middleham they found it had all changed at Hidden Corner. Terri appeared, “After you left more of your people started to arrive and the builders have been kept busy. Several had to be taken to the hospital, but all is running smoothly now. When you left this column of fire appeared and it seemed to attract all magic beings. It has been burning all the time you were away and appears to have got brighter now you are home.”

Alexis, “Children time to announce to all have returned home.” Alexis placed the first one in the fire and there was a massive boom. Many smaller explosions followed this. At the first explosion all the little people came scurrying out of their homes.

Saskia ran to greet Astrid and said, “Mistress you have altered while you were away. I am glad you are back though as we missed the water fights.”

Astrid grinned, “We have some to induct into our ways. So we need to make preparations.”

“We sort of have been busy while you where away and had a building boom. We found all the other plans and decided to implement them. The man from the council appeared and informed us, if all the building work could be done in 24 hours we could go ahead. This was after we had shown him the site. I got him to put it in writing there and then. He went away laughing. Well you should know there is nothing more determined than hobbit and Fay builders.”

Buttercup enters the room. “Alexis there appears to be a procession of flashing lights coming up the road.”

Alexis, “Tell all to vanish until summoned by me.”

A short while later Jade brought some men into the room. “I have a warrant here to order you to stop building as you are in contravention of council rules.”

“Now which rules would that1 be, I have permission here granted yesterday by the council.”

The magistrate who had accompanied the police and council official looked at the document and said, “Apparently it is you that has made a big mistake. According to this document the building work was agreed to if it could all be completed within 24 hours. To me apparently Lord Middleham has complied with the instructions from your department. Now you and your department owe Lord Middleham an apology as the Estate has complied with their instructions from the council. “I thought I had better come myself when I noticed the address for the warrant. Normally I just sign the warrants, but I thought I had better come. So it was lucky I came with them this evening. I thought the official was being high handed.”

Alexis, “To be honest I have been away with some of the family helping less fortunate people than us. I left the running of the Estate to my manager.”

The council official still had not finished, “I insist on inspecting everything is completed satisfactory.”

Alexis, “You can when the 24 hours are up, I will not have you interfering with my staff now.”

The magistrate looked at the official and said, “I will be asking the officers here to start investigating you as you apparently have some sort of vendetta against the Estate. The building work has six hours to go yet. Would you mind showing us around the park while we are here? This is the first time I have been round here is it all completely safe?”

Alexis, “My Aunt started the garden and then I extended it after Mr Diddy married one of my Aunts. I purposely made a point of Employing disadvantaged people.”

Saskia, “Alexis the display is waiting to be set off.”

“My staff has arranged a welcome home party for us. You are welcome to watch the display with us and enjoy the party.”

The council official looked at his watch, “Well I suppose we could stay.”

The magistrate, “Lord Percy has been trying for some time to get me to come here. He apparently wanted me to meet Astrid's gang for some time.”

Astrid grinned, “Has Percy told you what that might entail?”
Astrid, “Saskia here is one of the Astrid gang & she will introduce some of her sisters if you wish. “

“That would be very nice thank you. Are they all young girls like you?”

“I and my sisters are quite old we are not children although we get to play like them. My sisters are away most of the week with Mr Diddy but we now have extra help.”

“Yes Saskia I did notice all the small people.”

“If Lord Percy wishes you to meet the gang then do not delay. Come with me please, I think it is time you met some of his brothers. My lords I have been instructed by the boss to show Lord Percy's fiancée around.”

Draco’s ears picked up, “You do realise our Percy has been on his own for some time?£"

Galadriel appeared and Draco informed her, “Our Percy is thinking of taking a wife and this lady is the prospective bride.”

Galadriel, “You do realise what it entails being the wife of Percy.”

“I know he has a large family who he loves, and that he hates being around lots of women. He told me about Alexis employing both small and tall people for the estate. Personally I wish Alexis all the luck with this venture regardless of whether we eventually get married or not.”

“I would like to see the display if possible.”

Galadriel, “We all better go and watch or Astrid will not be pleased.”

“This Astrid sounds to be like a terrible dragon.”

Saskia, “More like small dragon as Astrid is one of the younger daughters of Alexis. It was her who sent us here.”

“I appear to have met her gang then. Percy informed me she liked to play jokes, but did not elaborate further. I will tell him that I have met the gang.“

Shortly after they got back the display started

Christobell, “They have worked hard to provide this display. I can see why father selected you as a partner. You have a look of his late wife.”

“Recently I have noticed quite a change in Percy. He has been taking me to dances and said, He has to dance on Astrid’s orders. Not that I mind dancing when I was younger I wished I could dance with the greatest. I like many girls before me went to dance school, but of course nothing materialised. The council official means to cause trouble if he can.”

Three more ladies joined the group “Claira, Clara & Jean this lady is called Sabrina and is father's fiancée.”

Jean, “We are all glad he has found somebody he likes. Father has been on his own for a long time now. He will only come here on special occasions. There are too many females around and that makes him nervous. Sabrina are you ok because you have gone a strange colour?”

“I did not intend stopping so long and I have left what I need at home. For as long as I can remember I have had to express myself or I collapse and faint. I never have had any children but I constantly produce plenty of milk.”

Clara, “I think we had better get you to the nursery and see what we can find to relieve that pressure.”

“Mistress all the babies are asleep and well fed. There is another option open to us, two of our number volunteered before for permanent nursery duty. We would both be willing to do it this time for Lord Percy's partner.”

Christobell, “She has already fainted so you two better start immediately & I will sort it out with Alexis later.”

Alexis appeared, “I understand there is a problem that needs fixing.”

“We had two volunteers but they can take no more.”

Astrid, “I and my sisters will drain her as we all need our nightly drink.”

Christobell and her sisters grinned as Sabrina got younger. “No wonder we thought she looked like mother.”

Galadriel looked on her and smiled, “So you also have finally returned to us. I will telephone Percy to get here immediately.

Percy arrived looking rather upset, “I was supposed to be meting a friend and she did not turn up. I went to her home and there was no answer.”

Alexis, “We have a problem in the nursery that we hoped you could help us with grandfather.”

Percy, “Sabrina is that you?”

“Percy, Alexis has been explaining I need to have permanent babies so I can stay as I am now. Percy put his arm round Sabrina and they floated up together. Rombald looked at Clara and said, those two could be redundant soon as Percy is ensuring she never goes away ever again.”

Percy turned to the two volunteers, “You may continue in your current duty until the babies are born and then you can have a short break before you resume your duties again with Sabrina. Alexis I see the gang have done their job well and I was correct on my assumption. Sabrina I was lost without you.”

“Now perhaps Percy you will explain to me why I look like a younger copy of myself.”

After you left looking for treatment I fell out with most of the family & they made their own way in life. Recently when I came across you again I was not even sure if it was you or not as you had changed rather a lot. I knew if I got you here the gang would soon fix any problems you might have.

Astrid bowed and said, “Grandpa Percy is scared of me as he sees me as my name sake Astrid”

“Yes he told me you had asked somebody to put the rude man over their knee. I think I would probably done just that if you had asked me. He thinks he can just come back into my life and fill me with life again. Well Percy will have to wait a very long time as he already has four daughters from me.”

“Alexis how do I talk to these two volunteers?”

Alexis taps both of them and they resume their normal shape. “Sabrina wishes to ask you both questions.”

“I wish you both to disregard what Lord Percy said previously. I am back to stay this time. You both volunteered at short notice to help me out. If you both were willing then I would like to make the position permanent. I sometime in the future may decide to give you both a break but for now the job is full-time.”

“Empress Alexis, We both consider this a great honour to be bestowed on us. When we are asked by the Empress to help her Grandmother with the problem she has. We now are among a select group of our kind who will be loved and pampered for eternity. We join the ranks of the famous like Bilbo, Frodo, Fadius & brothers. And of course Baby thrye smallest of all and the tallest of elves that are your eternal daughters. Lord and Lady Percy we both accept the job you have offered us.”
Posted 14.07 GMT Monday 25 January 2016

up
54 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos