Alex & Chris Chapter 16

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 16 Grand Duchess.

A few moments later a young man appeared with a Rolls Royce. “Madame's transport to the Royal.”

“I did not order the limo to go to the Royal I ordered a taxi.”

The young driver laughed and said, “My dad has upgraded you. But it is at normal family rates. He also thought it was about time you two put these on they where a present from your god mothers at your christenings. I even got one identical because they thought I looked like a girl.”

Linda opened the box, “These are almost like the two sets earlier today these are a different green though.”

Linze, “We could have used these as collateral in our business Venture.”

Both girls but on the jewels and their mother said, “I see you have on Clara’s christening presents I wondered what had happened to them. They look nice but are only paste,”

“Yes mother.” said the girls.

“James take good care of my girls.”

James, “Did she tell you they are paste? Dad had copies made and it was the copies your late father tried to sell and was told they were only paste. Apparently he threw them at your mother and said; in that case you have nothing left now and left her. It was around this time her mind started to wander. Dad tried to find out what had happened to your father as a body was never discovered. A short while later a dubious acquaintance of your father appeared with a letter from your father. He asked that he be forgiven and he had signed all the documents to annul the marriage. Please do not try and find me as your lives could be in danger if you do. I did later discover what had happened but by then it was far too late to save your father and I had him buried.”

They pulled up out side and James opened the door for the girls.” The Receptionist looked up and said, “You must be part of Lady Clara & Lady Christobell's group.”

“Yes can you tell us where we may find them?”

“Boy will you show Lady Linda & Linze to the lounge?”

When they got to the room the boy shouted Lady Linda and Lady Linze for Clara Grand Duchess of Northumberland.

Clara was chatting when she heard that and said, “Who on earth knows me as that. Boy I am her. First who told you to call me that name?”

“Actually it was another guest who is sat over there & he wanted to see your reaction. I was also told if anybody asked for Lady Christobell to ask for the grand Duchess of Cumbria. Madam first there are two young ladies awaiting you.”

“Clara we wanted to see you. After you had left we noticed some garden furniture and put them all in the back of the van. We took the goods to second hand shop and sold most of the goods in the van. Robert sold the Urn to an antique dealer and got rather a lot for it.”

Clara, “I know all about the Urn and Robert said, “You were uncomfortable.” “He also has explained his other venture for which all four of you will benefit. Now please can you explain why you are wearing my daughter’s jewels?”

A Voice they knew all too well said. “I am pleased to finally meet you Linda & Linze I see you are wearing your christening presents at last.”

“Christening Presents father.”

“Yes there were three sets made up. Christobell of Sapphires, Emeralds and yellow Diamonds. Ring any bells.”

“But father they went to your sisters for their children.” Christobell, “but one was a boy.”

“That was James he is our driver tonight.”

“James has Lord Stafford & party also arrived with my remaining sisters, daughters & children?”

“Yes sir they are in the conference room as requested.”

“Linda & Linze you may be considerably younger than me but you are still my nieces. So I am going to escort you in to the conference room & then we have some weddings plans to sort out and who are to be the attendants.”

The old man spoke to all of those assembled in the hall. “Some time ago I told many of you I would not pay for hangers on, and I expected all to find your way in life. From that point none of you have touched your accounts in your own name. Some I know have struggled others have had it easier. Recently events have changed and certain ones of you have decided to work together as I wanted you too originally. Robert & James I know you both have been working hard and have removed anything of value and Robert has already sold the items recovered. I have already looked at your plans for regeneration of the shops. I have finally decided to interfere. As we speak the entire section of shops is being flattened. In twelve weeks time you will be the new owners of a department store with access for cars. Betty I have had all your goods moved to a store lower down the hill. After tomorrow you will have nothing to sell for a few weeks so perhaps you can go on that holiday you planned some time ago. James you wanted to have your own limo business. This could easy be tied in with the new store offering a service home after shopping in store. Now has your young lady put the items on as I asked?”

Yes sir she is dressed as requested.”

“James came to me earlier today to tell me he intended to ask my younger brother Lord Stratford for his daughters hand in marriage. Jeff it appears was on a roll as he was working hard with Robert & I have never seen him so grubby. I know most of you have not communicated with each other & lost contact with each other. There though have been a few exceptions. A few days ago I was told off by my Great Granddaughter Astrid. Yes I know some of you thought it was very funny.”

“Alexis please will you bring the young lady here. Astrid came out clutching tight of Alexis. Alexis in front of all the family I name you as my heir apparent. Robert as the baby of the family you have for far too long kept Laura waiting in the wings. I understand you worked hard with the girls for your sisters. Your talent is in buying & reselling at a decent price. Congratulations on how much you got for the urn. As for you Linda & Linze thank you for your honesty,”

Chris pushed the wheelchair containing Alison. Now you young lady have had a surprising impact on my papers. I suspect you had help with the reports you sent in. Regardless of who helped you the job were well done. Now I understand you and your twin sister are both going to need surgery I give you our best wishes.”

“Helen & Leslie next Please. I understand you both will be moving shortly into the convent at Middleham. Helen you will soon be rewarded for your work in Genetics. Leslie your documents have been corrected.”

“Who have I forgotten Ah yes Linda & Linze? I asked your mother to act strange & she even got Robert confused. I understand Doris & Dora were very worried about you. They had no idea who you two were but decided to give you a chance. Robert himself did not realise until he dropped you off at home. Now young lady can you value the jewellery you are wearing. “

Linze said, “Would that be at the Yorkshire value or at Full replacement London price? If I was in Harrods or Garrard’s they would easy fetch £6,000,000 same as we told Lady Clara. If Doris or Dora were selling them to family. They would ask £1,000,000 for these trinkets. As I Believe Lady Christobell prefers to call them.”

“As yes Christobell & Clara you both like jewellery as I have just noticed from a sudden activity with a stud card. “I see they are listed as trinkets for the girls.”

“Let us all see what you two have bought Clara said, “Well following Professional advice I purchased these for myself and my daughters.

Christobell said, “I bought these for myself and all of the girls.”

“Yes Christobell I noticed the additional items when you realised whom the others were. Well then starting with your sisters we had better present them, as some of the ladies are still bare. One by one they all came to receive their jewels.

“Now three more important persons, Will their big sisters Alexis & Allison & their mums please bring them up here.”

Mum it is the rude man who I told Granny to put over her Knee.” “Astrid Would you like some jewels like the others.”

“Yes but I would like a sister better. Then Allison will not have to share me I want another me like Alexis has.”

“Well until we find the other you will these do?”

Astrid, “Let me see AH yes they are in a nice white gold setting this only has two layers while the other have three.” Big sister Linda will you value them for me please.”

Helen tried to stifle the laughter. Linda looked at the gems and said, "They are perfect for a little sister.”

“Yes I know they are perfect for me but I want to know if they are rubbish.”

Alexis, “Astrid I doubt that Nana has bought you rubbish.”

“Why did you not tell me before the present was from Nana? Thank you very much Nana and next time I will have some like my Alexis, I have to go now as Allison still needs my magic.”

Now that completes the presents Christobell bought. “I decided a few had missed out so Doris & Dora arranged to have additional sets sent to me. James will you bring your cousin and future wife here she should have her own set. Likewise Linda & Linze & your mother who has played her part well.”

“What James told you about your father was correct there was nothing we could do for him. Now before we all go and see Ken at the show I thought I might as well show the plans for the new store. I also wondered if my sisters & family would like to move in with me or if they fancied a holiday with their nieces?”

Doris spoke. “I think I will ask the youngest member of the family.”

Astrid spoke, “We like it when we have big sisters and Grannies to look after us. We only had one Nana before.”

Doris said, “Christobell it looks like your grand daughter has decided for us we will stay with you for a while. We have no shop to go back to for quite a while although we could have helped with the sale at the other stores.”

Betty, “No Laura & the twins are doing that.”

Robert, “By the way the shoes have been selling I will not have much stock left myself.”

up
50 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos