Alex & Chris Chapter 57

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
by Sharphawlad

Chapter 57 More patients.
About the same time the guardians arrived with a train load of Fay. Most of these where in good condition, but they did bring several injured fay.

One of the injured Fay spoke, "Mistress we got tangled up with some animal traps. The others just happened to be bringing us injured ones to the Guardians for treatment when we all heard the call from the cat queen. The others came when they heard the call we had all been summoned. Is it true the Golden one ordered the Cat Queen to call us all?"

"Yes Iolanthe was asked to call you, but she reached far more than I ever envisaged."

Alexis, "The call had previously gone out."

"Ah we saw but did not realise the significance as we are all younger Fay and had never seen the signs before and wondered what it meant. I suppose there could be other branches like us that did not realise the significance. When do we get to meet the Golden one?"

Alexis realised they had mistook her for Iolanthe. Princess Cleo entered in with Astrid, "You have made a mess of yourselves this time what happened?"

"Mistress we had been destroying traps set by poachers and decided to rest in a hollow we found. We did not realise it had been claimed by a warthog. Hence our injuries. I can no longer take you flying my princess. My wings are torn to shreds.”

Cleo, "Can you still give me and my friend a cuddle?"

“Princess Cleo that is about all I can do now. I certainly cannot fly around with messages for your mother."

Galadriel appeared, "Well it appears we have another that thought she knew better than her mother. Well first we had better fix you and then you can thank the Empress personally.”

“Mum I take it you are also subservient to the Empress.”

"Yes Tina my daughter I am as is Iolanthe."

"Oh she must have powerful magic."

Cleo, "Tina has just promised in future she will play with me and Astrid. She even gave us both a cuddle."

Galadriel, "I am sorry Tina your injuries are beyond my skills."

"Mum in that case make it swift.”

“I did not say you could not be healed just I could not do it."

Astrid, “I take it Tina you are a bit of a rebel."

"My companions did not like Endora’s decree and decided to follow Queen Iolanthe. We all miss our families and want to be reunited with them. We of course have to have justice dispensed to us for abandoning our queen in favour of a new one.”

Cleo, "You managed to look after me OK and the only time I did not have you I ended up in a trap."

"I saw the burnt out village and then I called to see the chief. He was terrified when he saw little me he asked. Is she coming back to wreak vengeance on us for what they did? He then calmed down when I said I was looking for Iolanthe. He told me he had been visited by the mother and sister of a great Queen and they had with them the sisters of the Lion Queen. Although I was welcome I got the feeling the chief would rather have me leave. So we declined a bed for the night and hence my injuries."

Astrid, "Mother may I try and heal her if she is to be my playmate?"

Tina, "My little friends regardless of what happens I will be your playmate."

Astrid made a small pink ball and placed it on Tina. Tina noticed the cuts and scars had all gone. "You need a bigger ball to restore your wings."

Tina stood up and shook herself. “I may be wingless but I honour my promise to you both. I will play with you. My sense of smell has returned. Queen Iolanthe I did not do a good job of looking after Cleo. Something is wrong the smell is not correct. Mother why do you laugh?"

"Tina my daughter I think it is time you where introduced formally to Queen Astrid."

“Mum stop being silly this is Cleo's friend who I have just hugged and promised to be her friend."

Galadriel, “Tina Sometime I wonder about you. Look around tell me what you see. "

“You mum, Queen Galadriel, Princess Cleo, Astrid with a halo and mother. I thought it was Queen Iolanthe, as they look alike.”

Alexis, "Iolanthe she is one of my many cousins."

Tina thought for a moment, "Dragon fire I have heard about it but never seen it. Or at least I think I may just have seen a small dragon fire. Astrid are you a little dragon?"

Alexis, "Aunt I believe it is time I restored your wings. This time you will know you have been touched by dragon fire."

Tina felt the glow hit her and then it spread throughout her body. Astrid pointed her hands and Tina’s clothing changed.

Tina bowed, "Mother I presume this comedy act are Empress and Queen."

Alexis, “You made a binding promise to my daughters Astrid and Cleo. That I will hold you too. As for the remainder of your group they may return home without retribution."

"Mum not everything can ever be the same."

Angela came in carrying two babies. “These need feeding they have been screaming the place down and I was told I might find their mum in here."

Alexis, "Angela bring them here I doubt that the mother can feed them yet as she is recovering from her injuries." Tina collapsed and she was laid back down in a bed.

Alexis, "Tina the promise is two ways and so I will look after your two until you have fully recovered your strength. That should be in a couple of days. After that Astrid will be claiming you."

Galadriel, “Tina I also heard the promise you made.”

“OK mum, but if I cannot have my babies I want a kitten and a little dragon cuddled up to me while I am here."

Astrid, "No problem with that have you Cleo. Only when we need to go and get food will we have to leave you."

Alexis, "It looks like the reserve team is here,” as two more kittens jumped on the bed.

One of the kittens spoke, "Astrid look what we can do now. Our cousins showed us how to do it."

Astrid, "Tina these are my two very old sisters."

Alexis, Astrid is four and these two six."

"Well we can turn into a little dragons & mermaids." Alexis touched both girls and they reverted to normal.

Cleo, "Mum has to help me change back & Grandma Clara also helped me. I like Grandma Clara but I have not seen much of her since we got here. Come to think of it I have not seen much of my aunts Jenny & Carol either. Perhaps I should go looking for them.”

Tina, "No you promised you would stay with me."

Cleo, "Yes I did and so I will have to keep my promise."

Alexis, "Astrid knows her way around here, but neither of you to do so if you decide to go walkabouts make sure Astrid is with you."

Alexis and the others left. Tina, "Astrid is your mum really the Dragon Queen?”

Astrid replied, "I should say so. Grandpa is Lord Draco.”

"Oh I met him once & he gave me this.”

"Tina that makes you an honorary dragon. Let me press that button. It appears you belong to the yellow flight Tina."

"But I am Fay."

"No Fay with dragon blood you have both like me. Watch now I am Fay, Now Mer and Dragon then back to normal."

Astrid, "Sisters can you go and get Grandpa Draco and bring him here please?"

Draco appeared a short time later. "Grandpa can my friends have a dragon bracelet each please like Aunt Tina.”

Draco looked at the bracelet. "It is glowing still Tina. I see you finally discovered its function."

"To be honest with you Lord Draco Astrid pressed the button and then said, Oh you belong to the Yellow flight Tina. Then she sent her sisters for you."

Astrid looked at Draco, "Well Grandpa do I have to call my name sake to sort this out?"

"No Astrid there is no need. Tina I understand you where injured who healed you?”

“Astrid and then the Empress herself restored my wings though they are different now to what they once were like."

"I presume your mother could do nothing for you.”

“That is correct Lord Draco. Although I am in bed I feel far fitter than I ever did before. I feel as if I need to run round the room."

Draco, "By any chance are you getting messages in your head?

"Yes sir there is a lot of chattering."

Astrid smiled and put out a message “Quiet you lot Tina is readjusting to her new self."

"Somebody has just told the other voices to be quiet."

Draco looked across at Astrid, "They mean no harm and where being rather chatterboxes."

Tina looked across at Astrid, "It was you in my head?

“Me and my other sisters. Mum would be angry is she known. That is why I told them to be quiet."

Draco, "It appears my daughters and granddaughters have already claimed you Tina."

Draco, “A long time ago Tina I promised Galadriel you would make your own choice. However apparently you have now triggered your dragon self. It was probably because you have had an infusion from both Astrid and Alexis. Those are your dragon sisters who speak to you."

Astrid trying to change the topic. "Grandpa look what these two can do." Draco watched as the two elder daughters of Iolanthe changed into small dragons.

Galadriel entered the room, "Draco what have you being doing to my Granddaughters?"

"I was not responsible they have been following instructions from other sources."

Astrid, "Look what I can do. I can be a kitten like Cleo and the twins can be a dragon like me.

Galadriel sighed. "They taught each other."

Tina, "Mum why do I have to make a choice & why do I get voices in my head."

"Draco you told her.”

“No, but she has activated the bracelet."

Alexis appeared, "Gran it was obvious what would happen even to you when you were unable to save Tina. I should have mentioned before, grandmother knew this day would eventually come. Tina the bracelet monitors your magical activity. Alexis called one of the Fay across and a fairy lit up. Then Arial came across and a mermaid lit up.

Alexis, "Now look what is lit up on you Tina.”

“There is a dragon and Fay lit up."
"What does that mean? The dragon light appears to be getting stronger."

Alexis, "Tina who was your father?”

"Empress until now I had never given thought to that. Mum is Galadriel the Fairy Queen and that was all I needed to know. Mum I am not pure fairy am I?"

Astrid, "More like 50% our sister and 50% our aunt or cousin several times removed."

Galadriel shook her head and Tina said. "Mum, Lord Draco is my father as he is the Empress father is that correct? My Dragon sister is looking after my twins. It appears Astrid knew how to trigger the bracelet."

Draco, "No she only just switched it on, and it amplified what was inside you, and as you have just had two infusions it shows you as a dragon."

Galadriel. "Tina you will still be able to become Fay just as your sister does. I agree with your father though you need your sister’s help."

“Mum I am getting Yes, Yes, Yes in my head."

Yellow appeared with quite a contingent. "Unlike me you are nearer the Empress as she is also both Fay and Dragon. It makes no difference we have another sister and so we all celebrate."

Yellow, "By now Tina your babies should be getting their first swimming lesson from some of their aunts or cousins.

Draco, "Tina you where Fay when you had the children and because you where tired you slept in a warthogs hole. Normally your senses would have told you it was dangerous to do that."

"Dad I flunked basic biology also. I should have known better than go to the roses for nectar at the time I did. The pollen not only pollinated the flowers, but me also."

Helen came in, "We appear to be getting quite a group here. Tina your sister says you have lain in bed long enough and it is required for some truly sick Fay."

"Astrid your mother tells me we have more inbound emergency flights." "I need all able bodied Fay of any description to help."

Tina."Is Uncle Rumbletum here because if he is then we can be one team?

A forest fire in Spain.

Astrid. “ Cleo and I know how to help. Uncle Rombald can catch our dragon fire and use them to cure any injured."

Birds of all shapes and sizes where landing with cargoes. A snowy Owl spoke, "The forest fire in Spain is very bad. We have all the Fay although some of us need to grow new feathers before we can fly again."

Lord Snow called the local bird population to help locate new homes for the Spanish birds. Soon all but a few Robins, Wrens and the large Snowy owl were all gone to new roosts.

Astrid, "Cleo we can deal with these ourselves as they are small birds."

They started placing a ball of dragon fire on each bird. Eventually they reached the Snowy Owl. The bird sat patiently as they placed ball after ball on it.
Cleo, "Astrid these burns are not going away."

Astrid let out a cry "Mum! We cannot heal this one."

Alison came to see what the screaming was for. She saw all the birds the girls had healed.

"You both have done well doing all these birds on your own?" Allison said, "Sorry owl they are only babies themselves and you need somebody who has far more power than they have."

The owl noticed they had both fallen asleep, "They tried their best to heal me. I will keep them warm until the Dragon queen can get to me herself. Others though are in far more urgent need than I. The fire was bad I think we rescued all we could. Also I need to see the dragon queen about something else? But that can wait." The owl covered their little bodies with her wings and fell asleep herself.

Alison went looking for her sister Alexis. "Astrid & Cleo have exhausted themselves after healing all those birds. The Owl they tried to help was too large for them and is keeping them warm as they fell asleep and now all three are all cuddled up together asleep."

Alexis, "Rumbletum & Tina how are you doing?"

Rumbletum, “We have being dealing with a train load of animals. The Leprechauns and Fay managed to build a tunnel and they found an area that had not been burnt that the animals where all gathering in. We had to run several trips before we got them all. Endora went along with us and managed to rescue many of the slower animals."

"She said as she was a fire dragon she was in no danger. Some of your sisters and aunts followed her lead and they brought the last lot of animals’ in. They are all now taking a bath to get rid of the smoke. We have started on the last batch first as they are the worst affected.

Astrid's two sisters had been playing with Cleo's sisters near the Giant tortoise when the others learned of the fire. The giant tortoise spoke to them, "Bring all my children to me and they will be safe here."

At first the girls were stunned and then decided to find Alexis and tell her the tortoise had spoken to them. They found their mothers both healing injured Fay and animals. They soon found a box of tortoises.

Endora, “Girls just what do you think you are doing with them as they all need cleaning."

Astrol & Katra, " That is what we are going to do and then take them to the Giant tortoise as she said we had to take all her children to her."

Endora smiled, "In that case clean all of these and then do as requested as we have lots more of them to keep you busy."

The four of them set about cleaning the tortoises and then took them to the paddock where the giant tortoise was. "There are lots of tortoises in there waiting to be cleaned so we must get back there to them."

One of the little tortoises looked up, "Grandma is that you?”

“There is plenty to eat and I see the Dragon queen’s children have cleaned you all well.”

“We could not get away from the fire. As the flames licked all around we were all lifted up and brought here.”

“Come eat there is plenty in this paddock for us all."

The girls were kept busy running backwards and forwards with more tortoises. They had managed to persuade Rombalds daughters and nieces to help them with the larger ones. Eventually they had taken all the tortoises to the paddock. The deer had followed the train down the passage and they unlike most of the others had no damage. They also needed a new home and soon found an empty field and took up residence there.

Alexis put the news on and there were the latest reports from Spain. It appeared that the fire fighters had eventually got the fire under control. The reporter was saying. "We have been lucky there has been no loss of life. The wildlife population must have suffered drastically though."

Andorra, "That was the first real excitement I have had for a long time. Sister I forgot we used to fire walk for fun. I see even the babies have been helping."

Alexis, "I will get cleaned up and then we will go and check up on Cleo and Astrid."

Alexis took a shower and then dressed again. "Alexis have you seen my Cleo she is missing.”

“Astrid and Cleo are taking a much earned rest after healing lots of the smaller birds."

"But my Cleo cannot do that.”

“Come see for yourself."

They entered a high room and there were birds all around.

"Ah the mothers your cubs are quite safe with me." A robin and a wren flew down and spoke. "Mistress we represent all birds great and small and wish to thank you and your children for saving our lives."

Alexis, "You all risked your own lives to save the forest spirits. They are all fine but I will have to relocate them. Now as to you all we have forests here if you wish to take up residence.

The wren, “We will for the time being as I doubt any of us wish to make the return journey at the moment.”

As they were speaking a great squawking could be heard. A flight of gulls appeared. They all started to land. Alexis looked at the gulls and their leader spoke. "The fires threatened our colonies. We then realised that birds large and small where also fleeing so we decided to follow. We saw some were exhausted and they plummeted towards the sea. We picked many stragglers up that way. They appear to be OK after having a good wash in the sea. We though need new homes."

Alexis, "A while ago I had to teach your east coast cousins a lesson. If you so desire you may take up those vacated homes."

"Empress we all know what happen to those gulls and we are not like them. We promise if we find sick or injured on the seas we will bring them to you."

As they were speaking Arran and his daughters entered. "That took some sorting out Alexis."

The gull. "Lord Arran is that you and the Princesses?"

Arran looked at the gull, “Well General of Gulls you are the last I expected to see today. Where is your mistress?"

"That we do not know she was living in the forest. We do know she left the forest with quite a convoy of birds."

Alexis, “You apparently know my uncle Arran and my cousins."

"Empress I am supposed to be General of her majesties gulls."

Alexis, "Well apparently you are now my General of gulls I will keep you to your words. Now Arran you and my companions had better accompany me."

They found the owl still covering Astrid and Cleo.

Alexis, "Thank you for bringing all those here that you did. You helped save many lives."

"I had intended coming here to ask over Queen Endora. I was hoping she could help me find my missing family." Four snowy white chicks came running up to the queen and went under her feathers. A minute or two later Astrid and Cleo appeared.

Astrid, "Mum we were happy and comfy there and the chicks came and woke us up."

The Owl queen looked at Astrid again, "You know these chicks."

Astrid, "These pests are some of my sisters. They are usually quite well behaved with strangers about."

The Queen scooped up the chicks. "I think you must be one of my daughter’s chicks. I remember when they looked like you do. Astrid did I here you call these chicks your sisters?"

"Well to be precise they are my half sisters. We have different mums."

The queen smiled, "In a way then you also are one of my grand children."

"I suppose my other grandmas, Christobell, Galadriel, Titania, Tatiana & Endora might have to authorise that first."

"So Endora is here. I thought I could smell dragon queens."

Astrid, "You have been keeping one warm. And Cleo the Cat Princess."

"I think Queen Astrid somebody is playing games with me."

Astrid, "I suppose I had better introduce some of my mums & uncles.” "This is Empress Alexis; This is Grandpa Snow & Grandma Endora.

"Endora, my sister is she also here?"

Alexis, "Endora has only recently joined our ever growing band. If your missing sister is or was a European Eagle owl then the answer is in the affirmative. She brought us many injured Fay from Bavaria and has decided to stay with us."

"She was attacked by gulls from the east coast." As Alexis spoke the queen let out a scream. The gull guard came running to her aid.

"My sister has been attacked by gulls."

"Yes your majesty we all know what they did and what happened to them for their crimes.” The General of gulls, “Your Majesty we would have taken action but now it is too late as they have already paid with their lives for breaking both dragon law and eagle law. They saw fit to attack Lord Draco and your daughters who were on a rescue mission."

Alexis, "Your pregnant daughters to be precise."

For a second the queen’s face darkened and then she said, "Lord Draco and both my Daughters and my sister. No wonder both laws were enacted. I would not have hesitated to order my gulls to destroy them and all their roosts."

The General of gulls, "Your majesty we have been promised those roosts as ours have gone up in flames. We have promised the Empress Alexis we will patrol the seas and bring any injured we find to her to be healed."

"Alexis! I take it Astrid here is one of your children?"

“Astrid she is one of my first three children. I have many more children now.”

“Will you be able to find a job for an old owl like me?"

Alexis laughed; "Looking at Cleo and Astrid I think your job has already been determined. You must be a very comfy bed for them."

"Mum it is you?”

“We got told there was another large owl here that was injured.”

“My burns are only superficial but I seem to have had quite an infusion of Cat or Dragon magic. The children did not know who I was and tried their best to heal me. In fact they have healed me more than I thought. I find that I will be able once again to look after chicks. I appear to have some grand children here as well as daughters."

Another voice spoke up, "Hello sister it appears we are all together now. How do you like your grand children and great nieces? Astrid and Cleo are both from Lords Snows side of the family."

Alison, Jade, Tina, Yellow and all Alexi’s sisters entered and the queen looked at them and then spoke, “I thought I was dealing with one Dragon queen but I am very mistaken. Now I understand why the little one thought she could heal me."

She held her arms out to Astrid who went for a cuddle. "Empress Alexis, Your sisters and children are all you."

Astrid, "Mum is my big sister."

"Alexis at first I mistook you for Endora but now I see the difference. Likewise you look like Galadriel."

Astrid, "I alone command more power than Granny Galadriel."

"Astrid I have seen you in action and felt your power. In fact as you slept under me I felt it surge through me. Most dragon princesses your age could not do what you can do what either of you did. In fact some adults would have difficulty. Even when asleep your power was flowing into me. I think you are going to have to show me how to use it."

Lord Arran, "Darling our daughters are united with the Empress. They choose that course of action themselves. Astrid here persuaded me to stay here rather than return to my mountain top home. When she saw how upset I was at the thought of returning home alone."

"Alexis called me a short while ago because she had a problem with an owl. At first I thought it was you and then I realised it was your sister. She has been keeping me company for a few weeks now. We were hoping that we could still locate you. We know there are still many of our people missing and we hope to locate them by various means."

Alexis. “Andorra has only just returned with her matrons to us and you followed in her wake.”

Iolanthe entered and curtsied, "I wish to thank you for looking after my youngest child Cleo. Ever since arriving here she has been pals with Astrid and apparently they both like the same sort of things."

"Iolanthe your daughter has been very good she tried to cure me by placing fire balls on me.”

“But she cannot do that."

"Mum you are wrong watch me it is easy."

Cleo started to produce a small fireball, "See I can do it like Cousin Astrid."

"We can too mum see it has a nice pink colour and it goes pop in water.” said Cleo’s sisters.

Alexis, "Girls throw them to me now." Alexis fashioned a massive pink ball from their little balls and placed that on Arran's Queen,

Astrid, "That means we all want you as a granny for us and Arran needs somebody to talk to."

"It means far more than that Astrid, It means I have a family once again. By the look of it a rather large one."

Endora smiled, "It appears all the young ones will follow Astrid and do as she says. She although one of the younger ones is their natural leader.”

Tina who had been watching, "Astrid can you show me how to make one of those pink balls?"

"Tina that is easy just watch me, and then do the same."

Some of the other children who had not tried previously also tried to make a pink ball.

Rumbletum watched and tried himself. He could not make one, but he could fashion a big one from all the small ones. "Pass them to me please." Rumbletum found the adults were also passing him a ball and it got bigger and bigger.

Then Alexis said, “Throw it high into the air Rumbletum." As he did it seemed to form a massive column.

Iolanthe fell to her knees, "I have heard tell before of this and only the most powerful of our kind could ever do that. Alexis what am I to you?"

"Not even Grandma could do that."

Astrid and the other little ones started to throw balls into the column and it appeared to fire them high into the air where they exploded. Cleo and sisters followed the example of Astrid.

Iolanthe "Am I also like Tina. I thought she was pure Fay while I was cat Fay. Now I am not the brainiest, but even I know only those of dragon blood can do what my daughters are now doing. I know that for sure it was not from the fathers of the girls as that turned out to be Poseidon. So I better see if I can try and make one like my daughters."

Cleo, "Mum throw it in to the column like we did."

Iolanthe sighed, "Mum I met some of my Fay sisters. Do I have others also that are dragon?"

Rumbletum, "I am a stranger here Iolanthe but I would say you have many sisters including Rani here. Iolanthe there are only two possibilities as to who your father could be. It has to be either my Father Lord Snow or my brother Lord Draco. Either way you are dragon sired."

Shortly after throwing the first ball Iolanthe said, "Oh something strange is happening to me."

Tina, "I think Iolanthe you are coming on line like I did. Making that ball and throwing it has linked you to your sisters as I am."

Alexis was grinning away, “Well your majesty it might feel strange at first as Tina has discovered. Now let’s see what you can actually do. You should have Fay blood so let’s see your wings. I doubt that you have done it before so perhaps Astrid & her sisters will demonstrate along with your daughters what to do.” Both Iolanthe & Rani watched as Astrid demonstrated.

Astrid spoke with some authority, "First loosen up your fingers like this. Now stretch your arms out as if you are form in a cross, Twiddle your fingers again. Now bring your arms straight above your head and then take them back to the cross-position. Once you have done that correctly this should happen."

Alison and some of Alexis sisters where stood close by in case any of the children got into difficulties.

Andorra was watching, “Bravo, Bravo that was a first class demonstration on how to release your wings. Would you care to show Iolanthe how you fly?"

"Sure Aunt Andorra we go on to tiptoes like this and then point out arms upward like this and bounce off our toes like this."

Cleo, "Mum look at me I am going up."

Rani took a gulp of fresh air, "Alexis will you do it with me? I need to see how it is done again."

Alexis, "It came as a shock to me when I discovered I could do it. There is nothing hard about it. You may have noticed all our clothing has been adapted so our wings can unfurl without tearing our raiment."

Endora, "Rani are you sure you want Alexis to be your partner."

"Is she not my sister Endora? Did she not send my family to bring me home? Empress Alexis will you be my partner?"

Draco gave a slight grin, which was noticed by Cleo. Cleo, "Look grandpa I can make myself a kitten. I also can do a Dragon now Astrid has shown me. Why where you grinning at Astrid's mum flying with Rani?"

"Yes Cleo she certainly is." As they flew together Rani Put her arms round Alexis and kissed her.

Alexis, "Rani you have just irretrievably bound us both together with that kiss."

Rani did it again, "I have just remembered my basic Dragon & Fay biology & physiology & I am making sure that binding will hold forever."

Alexis chuckled, "You do realise why Draco was grinning then?"

"Alexis, Iolanthe was once was caught by a Cheetah and once by a Lion when she was in cat form. Her daughters can take their fathers form. As apparently so can Iolanthe."

Alexis, "All three of her daughters will soon have a slight change." "Their blood will alter to match that of their sisters as yours is doing now. Astrid is both my daughter and my sister for she is a clone of me as are her sisters. Astrid was actually born to my cousin and I was the father to her and her cousins. I was human then or at least thought I was. My final change became rather rapid. In my human guise I am totally female. In my Fay or Dragon persona I still appear female but that is not entirely the case. Likewise in the sea the sea nymphs will seek me out."

“Alexis do I get chance to do this again in the sea?"

"Not in the sea but in the pool. By now you will already have a flight inside you. Yellow was one of my true dragons a sister, but she has altered slightly as our minds are locked together. Cleo has already locked into Astrid and by that into me. Tina was having a little trouble working out who was speaking but now she has got it under control. The chatterboxes are usually the younger ones still perfecting their skills. It is something we do not talk about, but it has benefits. Now we have flown for long enough and by now you will certainly be pregnant."

Cleo & Astrid were grinning away as Rani landed. "Mum I know a secret."

Iolanthe, "Quiet girls we do not tell secrets here."

Endora was grinning, "Well child you have come of age today and become a dragon Queen in your own right. In front of us all you have bound yourself and all your children to Alexis for all eternity."

Cleo looked puzzled, "I thought mummy was going to have lots more sisters for me to play with."

The adults all cracked out laughing and Draco said, "Out of the mouths of babies shall the unspoken fall."

"Astrid what do they mean?"

"I think they all know your mum is having many babies."

"Mum are we getting more sisters?"

Draco, "Rani we all saw you place your arms round Alexis and I know you got basic biology. So you fully realised what you were doing. Likewise Iolanthe already has a new flight growing inside her.”

Rani, "Father or at least I take it you are my father. My Lord Draco I would not be able to do what I have just done if I was not your daughter. I have always known I was Fay, now though I have ensured my sister and I will never again be separated. Grandma Endora, until my companions where exiled I was one of the most promising Fay students. I never thought to ask who my father was. Because of my former teaching I know full well what I have done when I embraced my sister in flight. Just to make doubly shore though, I will also embrace her as my Mer cousins do in the pool. It makes no difference as I already have a new flight inside me that will soon be making themselves known to their sisters soon enough."

Iolanthe, "Since I was exiled I scanned the air ways looking for signs of those similar to me. I thought I had found some when I found Carol & Jenny. They are my sisters on my mother’s side and also are Alexis cousins. Likewise I thought Cleo and sisters were making it up when they told me they talked to Queen Astrid. It was a bit of a shock when she recently materialised & even more when I realised she was my sister’s child."

Tina, "Sister it came as a shock to me when I realised I was also Dragon spawned. Unlike you, I always have carried a sign of my father, but I never realised it. Astrid made the decision for me when she activated the bracelet shortly after I had a transfusion of dragon fire. So the both of us are like Alexis."

Iolanthe, "We are not exactly like Alexis, but we both are her sisters and some of the closest she has of all her sisters."

Astrid s, "Alison, Jade, Me and the twins beat you though. Alexis will always be my big sister as are Alison & Jade."

Rani started to laugh, "Alexis you appear to have gained three rather confused sisters & we appear to have gained many little sisters to play with.”

Iolanthe spoke with the Guardians, "Did you bring the entire Fay I asked as we got rather distracted with everything."

The guardians,” Yes they are all here waiting to be presented so perhaps the Empress would take her seat. We will bring them all in."

Endora sat down with two babies in her arms.

Galadriel, "That did not take her long to get them like that."

Iolanthe stood up and greeted the guardians who brought in quite a selection. Iolanthe. "These Empresses are the Forest spirits.”

Gunter who was watching, "Tis my sister Lenora & family."

Alexis. “Gunther come here please. As you apparently recognise Lenora perhaps you should look after her."

Gunther ran across to her, "We have been separated for a long time but now you are home with us."

The next two Iolanthe introduced, "I call them almost Leprechauns."

Astrid, "You two are both tatty, but should scrub up ok. I am in charge of all almost Leprechauns here."

The two took no notice of Astrid but bowed in front of Alexis. "Empress we are Royal leprechauns of Queen Endora. Long since has all our gold gone? We need to find work so we can locate our Queen. Endora."

Alexis, "By any chance would you two be related to the former Royal leprechaun called Fadius Fartus?"

The two looked at each other. "Empress we apologise for whatever our brother did to offend you."

Alexis, "I decided to change his last name to Kissus." The two started to dance when they realised Alexis knew Fadius and then they saw Queen Endora.

Alexis, “Endora perhaps it would be better if I replace their lost gold straight away and then they can start their new duties immediately.

Astrid giggled, “Mother before they are sent to Endora may I have them for a day or two?"

One of the leprechauns said to the other, "Look brother it is princess Galadriel! She usually dresses our Fadius up as a princess. I wonder if she knows where he is. Mistress Galadriel would you by any chance know the whereabouts of our brother Fadius?"

Astrid laughed, "There must be something about leprechauns these days. For a start off I am not Princess Galadriel and I am getting tired of telling Leprechauns that. I am Queen Astrid daughter of Empress Alexis. Grandma Galadriel has been having quite a laugh at you brothers mistaking me for her. So perhaps I should be doing to you two what she used to do to Fadius.”

"Mistress Galadriel that is the best joke yet you have played on us. Trying to tell us you are not Galadriel. We have known you long enough not to be taken in by your jokes."

Astrid, "As you seem convinced I am Galadriel then I better treat you as she would with Fadius if he played up.”

“But Mistress you only ever did that to our Fadius.”

“As Fadius is not here you two can take his place as my princess playmates."

Astrid brought up a fireball and tossed it to the two leprechauns. "Bejabas tis dragon fire.”

“To be sure brother and our princess Galadriel could not do that. She is Fay not dragon. We have just insulted a dragon princess.” Both leprechauns did something they had not done since being babies.

A few noses wrinkled. Astrid pointed her finger at them and their clothing changed. "That is better and perhaps you will believe me now that you both are once again babies."

The two of them looked around at their new surroundings. Galadriel came across and spoke. "Astrid what darling babies. Oh dear they are crying.” All either could say was mummy.

“Alexis among those who turned up this time was my sister Gladiola. I was going to ask for volunteers for duty with Gladiola. You two though always avoided me when I wanted to put you in dresses. But you would do it for Gladiola. She even got you to call her mummy."

A lady who appeared to be far older than Galadriel entered the room and started to kneel before Alexis who got up and gave her a hug.

Alexis, "You do not kneel before me you are sister to Galadriel."

"I may be but I do not look like it. Oh babies whose are these they look lovely?" Gladiola picked one up and said, "Has mummy been neglecting you?”

The baby gave a little cry. Oh you are hungry well I can do something about that." Gladiola sat on a chair and continued to talk to the baby. "Well, well you are both hungry mites anybody would think your mummy had not fed you for some time." All too soon both babies were well and truly clamped on her breasts. As they both sucked Gladiola discovered she was getting younger.

Alexis. Babies I know you can hear me. Astrid is my daughter. You both are still my Royal Leprechauns as you both accepted my gold. I was going to let Galadriel and Endora play with you for a while. I see you have found another job to which you are equally well suited.”

“Gladiola, these two appear to be quite thirsty would you like them as your permanent companions?"

Alexis tapped both babies, "For the moment you had better resume your normal shape."

"Mistress Gladiola is that truly you? We lost our Fadius and went searching for him."

Alexis. “Fadius and his life companions have taken up similar duties to you with Endora.”

Gladiola, “Galadriel never did get you in dresses. Who got you in them this time?"

"We thought it was mistress Galadriel, but she is not."

"Yes I can see why you both thought so, but you both forgot on thing. We all age unless something prevents us. Look at me now I look like and feel like a teenager again. Just because you two did to me what you used to do long ago before you had your little rebellion. This time though I will be keeping you both if you wish it.”

“Mistress Gladiola we both would like to resume our duties with you, but also we if possible would like to play with Princess Astrid and her companions."

Gladiola looked across at Alexis, "Is that permissible with you?"

Alexis, "Gladiola look around all the Leprechauns young or old will go running to play with Astrid when they have no other duties. Now you two I promised you gold so you’re magic can return. There are cauldrons here for you, but the royal treasurer would prefer it if you touch it and then she will safely secure it for you." They each picked up three coins.

They said, "Alexis this coin shows we are your Royal Leprechauns now, the second shows we both agree to be Gladiolas babies. The third coin shows we are both playmates of Astrid and her sisters for as long as required.”

Endora put Fadius down and he went to greet his brothers. He had in his hand another two coins. "These are to show you are tied not only to Alexis but to all the Queens & Princess here. We made a promise long ago that we would obey all the kin of Endora and that is what we have before us. Mistress Astrid you both will get on fine with, as she likes practical jokes like us."

They looked at Gladiola and ran to her. "You two always were my babies and I see you still are."

up
45 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos