Alex & Chris Chapter 62

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 62 A new Mermaid.

Rose came in to the room, “Mistress we have a problem down at the pool. I went to investigate after Ariel called me. Apparently the official from the council went into the wet area although it was closed off. I presume he was nosing around. For some reason he decided to strip off and had gone for a swim in the pool.”

One of the younger mermaids, “Mum he saw me in the pool and presumed I had fallen in. So he dived in to bring me out. He had not seen my big sisters, which thought he was attacking me.”

Neptune appeared, “What they are trying to say is I now have another daughter Alexis.”

Draco looked at the man’s car and then at the clothing still in a pile at the side of the pool. “I will deal with the clothing and transport. I realise somebody will come looking for him and it would be better if he had an accident as we cannot let him return to the human world now.”

Neptune, “There is no chance of that brother as he is now playing with those he was trying to rescue.”

Draco checked the car out and then had it filled up with petrol and set off with it. Soon the car was going up the gorge and on a sharp bend. Draco ensured there were tyre tracks left as the car plummeted onto the gorge below. The car burst into flames. Sometime later the police found the burnout wreck and had it removed. Close to the scene they found charred pieces of clothing and a wallet.

There was an inquest and the forensic officers reported, “They had found no trace of human remains only the wallet and charred clothing & remnants of footwear. From that we have deduced he must have perished in the fire that followed.” The Dales coroner brought in a verdict of accidental death.

Things seemed to be getting back to normal. Another officer from the council appeared up at the Manor, “I have come with an apology for what happened with one of our officers. We double checked everything and found out you had been granted full planning permission. I need to inspect all the work though before we sign off all the documentation. Also I have a request to make my former colleague at times could be weird. I went to see his only relative his daughter & she asked if I could make an appointment for you to see her.”

Alexis, “I will see her if that is her wish, but I do not know what I can tell her.”

“Thank you she is planning to sell up and move away now her father is gone.”

Several days later a new Lotus drew up outside the garden. “Hello is this the correct place I have to see Lady Alexis?

Chris was on the door when she arrived she spoke into the intercom and announced, “Visitor for Lady Alexis.”

Jade arrived, “I have to take you to my sister.”

The woman smiled and curtsied and said, “Pleased to meet you Lady Jade. I am Isolde and I came to apologise for my father's action to your sister.”

Jade took Isolde to the pool & Isolde got extremely nervous as they got nearer to the pool. “There is no need to be scared of the water it cannot harm you. My sister allows no harm to anybody here.”

By the time they reached Alexis Isolde was petrified. “Sorry Alexis she just started getting terrified as we got near the water world. Up till then she was a confident young business type lady. Perhaps it would be better if we went to the house.”

Astrid and sisters where having a water fight & the woman collapsed when she got splashed. Alexis picked her up and transported her to the manor house. The woman awoke to find herself in bed.

“You gave us all quite a shock when you collapsed like you did.”

Isolde started to cry and said, “By now you must know all about me. I will tell you what I know or as I was told. We that is my brother and I were placed in a basket on the steps of an orphanage in Anchorage Alaska. We both got brought up by a couple who brought us to England. Eventually mum and dad died and we decided to stay together. I stayed young and female while my brother aged and we decided to pretend we where father and daughter. I should have stopped him before now and it is to my shame I did not.”

“Alas he was to die in a car crash before I could help him. As youngsters we were warned never to go swimming in public baths or even to take a bath in the house. I was inquisitive and found the reason why in a bathroom in a hotel. Since that day I have never aged, but neither have I taken a bath. To wash I use a cloth & soap and that is it.”

“Recently I noticed my brother becoming depressed and at first did not realise the reason. He has never disobeyed the instructions to my knowledge. He wanted to become as me & was saving up to have an operation. Some person who wanted your plans delayed or cancelled approached him.”

My brother informed them, “He could not cancel the permission as it was granted, but he might be able to delay informing you it had been granted.”

“I have been such a fool if I had told him how I changed he would be alive now and now I have nobody.”

Alexis, “Your brother came here as pompous as ever and even brought a magistrate who turned out to be my Grandmother. He was shot down in flames, and eventually had tea with us and then watched the fireworks display to welcome me home. During the display he wandered off into the water park which was closed. Unfortunately he saw something he should not have and thought a young child was in danger and stripped off and dived into the pool. Your brother could not return as he was no longer your brother. The young lady who has been holding your hand I believe is your sister.”

“I thought the child was drowning & despite dangers to myself I was the only one there and so had to help her, or so I thought. It was me who got the shock of my life, when I discovered that she was not a child after all. Since then I have been taught some of what I need to know. I was having the water fight with Astrid when you came and I was responsible for splashing you, as I needed to know if you knew how to change.”

“Alexi’s father arranged for my car to be burnt out, as there was no way I could return to my job. I also knew you would come looking for me, which you did. We always know if something bad has happened to each other and so she knew I was still alive.”

While clearing out the house I came across this addressed to my mother Sarah, Sarah Please takes good care of my twins. Unfortunately I am not in a position to do so. They can be cleaned with a cloth but neither of them has to be put into a bath. This I must insist upon as they both have a genetic defect that reacts when in water. So swimming and bathing are out permanently for either of them. Hopefully I will be able to return to claim them one day before they get too old to forget me. If you have problems you are to go to England & there you will find my relatives. Unfortunately I cannot give you an address just an area. They will though know about the twins and will seek them out once they realise who they are.”

“Alexis are you the family who might find us?”

“I think you both might have found some family. Neptune I take it these two are more likely to be children or grandchildren of Arctica? Rather than yours.”

“Alexis you know it makes not the slightest difference as they will join all the others.”

Astrid whispered something to the young woman. “Are you sure Astrid?” Astrid nods her head. Lady Alexis, “I have just been instructed to greet you like this.”

Goldie, “I thought I had it bad but she has the worst case I have ever seen. I am afraid the only way to cure one’s self is too repeatedly do that.”

Astrid looked at her watch, “They will be down soon by now mum will have burnt away all her human DNA & replaced it with ours.”

Cleo who was at the side of the remaining girl, “You are too playful yet to do serious things like be a mother. You will just have to make do with us for the time being. You will know when you are ready just like your sister knew she wanted to be united with the Empress. Soon you will have lots of nieces to look after.”

Alexis & partner puzzled everyone as they headed towards the salt lake.

Neptune was the first to realise, “Quick to my salt lake. Daughters be ready if help is needed.”

“Alexis can we do that one more time. My tummy feels funny but I enjoyed that.”

Goldie, “There appears to be a long streamer or banner coming from them.”

Neptune was grinning away, “Congratulations Empress we have a flight of mermaids now.”

As the two of them hit the water for the third time the streamer disintegrated. Ariel, “Sisters it is up to us now to collect the little ones.” Before they got in the water though Astrid & Cleo were flying across the lake and appeared to be shouting orders.

Neptune, “Stay as they are already getting their orders from the big boss.”

This brought laughter from all those watching. Morning star brought dry robes for the two of them. “Congratulations. Astrid has already rounding her sisters up.” Astrid & Cleo came at the head of a procession of tiny girls.

Astrid, “Mother permission to present my sisters to the old man & grandpa Draco.”

“Alexis where have all those little girls come from?

Alexis, “Obviously you do not know the facts of life they are all yours. Or to be more specific our daughters. You have just given birth in the salt lake and Astrid & Cleo went to collect them all.”

“I certainly know you need both sexes to get children & pregnancy is normally 9 months.”

“For humans that would be correct, but we are not human and neither are you. You are Mer as is your sister & you have embraced me in air and water. Mer can deliver almost immediately after being fertilised. If they wish. You have done so because you did not know how to control your body.”

“But there are hundreds of them how can I look after so many?”

Ariel & the others all started to laugh, “You have all the help you need already.”

up
45 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos