Princess and the Plague: Erika's next Chapter 18

Printer-friendly version


Princess and the Plague:
Erika's next Chapter
18

by Anistasia Allread
313722-PartyintheHeavenLAYOUTMAHAHAIDER-1325172079-798-640x480.jpg

“Hel-“ Jake’s jaw dropped open as he just stared at her.

“Oh good, you two know one another.” Jessie smiled.

“Yes.” Erika didn’t take her eyes off of the star running back of her school. “Jake and I have a class together.” His jaw was still hanging open in disbelief which made her a little self-conscious, but part of her was thrilled at the reaction. He did fill out the tux very well indeed.

Jake suddenly became aware of his surroundings as Joe was snapping pictures. “Whoa.” He managed. “You look…. Damn girl, you look amazing.”

Flattered, Erika felt her face flush. “You look pretty good too.” She grinned.

“Okay you two. You seem to like one another, so this will be easier. You are going to come together as if meeting before going to your prom. “Joe instructed. Mr. Martin, stand off to the side, but I’ll need you in a moment.

Erika and Jake stood opposite from one another in front of the fireplace just staring at one another.
Erika saw Jake’s eyes scanning from her eyes down to the ground and back to her eyes.

“Okay give her the corsage.” Joe instructed as his camera went to work.

The two stepped up to one another. Jake held out a small plastic box holding a white flower. Jessie stepped up but remained out of the photos. Jake handed her the box.

His eyes finally left Erika and looked down at the corsage. “It’s a wrist one.” He looked back up at Erika with relief.

“Slowly now.” Joe instructed.

Erika held out her wrist as Jake slid the gardenia on to her forearm.

“Would you two be okay with a kiss or two?” Joe asked.

Erika bit her lip as Jake began to chuckle, which caused Erika to giggle.

“Eggsnog.” They both said at once.

Erika turned to Joe still giggling. “Yes. I think it’ll be okay.”

Jake stepped forward and placed his hands on her hips and leaned in. Erika closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, her heart began to beat a bit faster as her nose filled with his musk. His lips touched hers causing bursts of energy to run through her body. Her toes literally began to curl, in an effort to keep them from curling too much, she lifted her heel.
“Perfect.” Joe sounded excited, “Hold that.”

The instructions eroded some of the romance out of the feeling, but only until his lips parted and sucked on her lower lip which made her gasp as she felt her knee start to buckle. She quickly put down her other foot and grabbed his shoulders tighter to maintain her balance.

“Looking good.” Joe encouraged.

One of Jake’s hands left her waist and moved up to the small of her back. His lips parted and his tongue sought entry. All thoughts of what was happening left her brain as she tasted him.

“Too much.” Joe pulled his camera away. “Too much, you’ve got your faces smashed together. Erika?”

“Erika!” her father’s voice was more firm, snapping her back to what was going on.

She pulled back and bit her lip, Jake’s taste still in her mouth his scent still making her heady.

“Makeup.” Joe called.

Erika stepped back from Jake as the makeup artist came darting in.

“Are you two dating?” She asked as she repaired Erika’s smudged lipstick. “Cuz holy crap girl, you two have got all of the women in here steamed up.”

“Huh uh.” Erika managed. “But we did have a fling at a Christmas party.”

“You two look great together.” She affirmed. She stepped over to Jake and cleaned lipstick off from around his mouth and whispered something to him that Erika couldn’t make out.

“Okay let’s try this again. But you’re going to act like your posing for Prom pictures.” Joe coached. “Jake, stand behind Erika and hold her hips. That’s good, now skooch a smidge to your right. Perfect. Now both of you look at the camera and smile.” Several flashes went off. “Alright, now stay where you are, but Erika lean back into him a touch and both of you look at one another. Good, good.”

“Okay, that is a wrap.” Joe called out. He tossed his camera to his young assistant and stepped forward. He wrapped Erika up in a hug. “That was a long day and you were amazing.”

“Thank you.” Erika was a little put off. Joe was known for being cold and distant and here he was hugging her?

Joe released Erika and shook her dad’s hand. “It was a pleasure.” He nodded.

“Are you two dating?” Jessie inquired of the high school couple.

“No.” Erika gave a nervous laugh.

“Could have fooled, us.” Jessie stated. “We need to get that makeup off of your face and your hair brushed out before we let you leave.” She directed Erika back to the salon room.

Erika turned to look for Jake but he was being directed into a changing room to get out of his tux.

Erika pulled out her phone.

Erika: Of all the people, you had to be my model date? She texted him.
Jake: I was surprised when I met your dad tonight. I was approached yesterday.
Erika: What am I going to tell Tricia?
Jake: Nothing? It was part of the job, it didn’t mean anything.
Erika suddenly felt hurt.
Erika: Didn’t mean anything? You must be an awful good actor,
Jake: I didn’t mean it that way.
Erika: What way did you mean it?
Jake: I meant that. . . . well. . . . I did like it. But I don’t want to get between you and Tricia
Erika: Some ego thinking you are that good.
Part of her had to admit that he was actually an amazing kisser, but seriously.

Erika put the phone down as her head was being pulled as the stylists were brushing out hair spray and pulling out hair pins. Her phone buzzed a couple of times. Then came the makeup remover and a good facial scrub. Her phone buzzed another time or two

“We’re going to shampoo your hair and get the rest of the product out.” The stylist took her to the shampoo bowl. As she shampooed, she instructed Erika on the proper way to care for the extensions.

Suddenly Jake was standing over her while her hair was being conditioned.

“You stopped answering your texts.” He stated. “Listen, I just want to say that I was hired to do a photo shoot for this place. I didn’t know that you were the model that I was shooting with. I like you Erika. I hope that you have seen that in the past few weeks. You are a fantastic kisser and Tricia is very lucky. But if you ever decide to swing the other way, I’ll be here.” He paused and looked down at her worry etched in his face. “I just want to be your friend and I hope that that kiss doesn’t ruin that.” With that he spun on his heels and walked away.

The only think Erika could hear was the water rinsing out her hair.

“He seems like a keeper.” The stylist stated. “Not many men can or will say such heartfelt things.”

Erika’s heart felt like it was imploding. “Yeah, he is a great guy.”

--o0o—

Long hair, Erika decided was as much a burden as it was a blessing. It took an eternity to dry and forever to style. She misted her long dark curls with some light hair spray and began applying her mascara.

“Hurry, we need to get going.” Her mother called.

“Coming.” She finished with a flick of the wand and quickly added a pale shimmering pink gloss to her lips before padding out to where her mother and grandmother were wiggling into their coats.

Erika slid her feet into some boots with a slight heal and pulled a matching leather jacket on over a blue turtleneck sweater.

“I just want to hug you and hold you in my arms for a week.” Her grandmother admitted as she watched Erika flick her long hair out over the lapel of the Jacket.

“You will be coming back soon, won’t you?” She asked.

“Maybe I’ll come back to see you go to Prom.” Her grandmother smiled. “I can’t get over how beautiful you look. Even more beautiful than your mother.”

Erika flushed under the praise.

The three women loaded into the car and drove to the airport.

“Just drop me off here, dear.” Her grandmother directed to a drop off zone.

Erika jumped out of the car as her mother popped the trunk and unloaded her grandmother’s bag.

“Thank you for everything, Grandma.” She hugged the older woman.

“I didn’t do anything.” Her grandmother insisted.

“You talked to mom about me going through with this.” Erika gestured at her body.

“She would have come around eventually.”

“No, Gran, she wouldn’t. Dad was about to leave her. Thank you.”

“You take care and send me pictures of what you and your girlfriends are doing.” Gran gave her another squeeze. “I’ll have my neighbor’s son come and show me how to use that skype thing you were telling me about.”

Erika giggled while tears filled her eyes.

Her Grandmother took her hand and gave it a squeeze. “I love you, don’t your forget it.”

Her grandmother turned away and released her hand, and rolled her bags into the terminal.

Erika sat in the front seat and buckled up. “That was a good visit.” She told her mom.

“Yes, it was.” Her mother agreed as she pulled back out into traffic.

The car felt quieter on the way home and the condo felt emptier. Erika slid out of her coat and boots and went into her room and flopped on her bed.

She had just drifted off to sleep when she heard her mother’s phone go off. In her snoozing state, she heard her mother’s voice getting excited.

Erika rubbed some of the grogginess from her eyes and went in search of the apparent excitement.

“Oh, she’s up.” Her mother said into her phone. “Hold on, I’ll put it on speaker.” She glanced at Erika. “It’s your father.” She pushed a button on her phone. “Okay, you’re on.”

“What’s all this about?” Erika flopped into the sofa near her mother.

“Mr. Winters wants to sign you.” Her dad announced.

It was like someone doused her with a bucket of ice water. All sleepiness was gone. “Seriously?”

“Apparently, Joe sent him some of the photos from the shoot the other day.” Her father’s voice was cracking, he was so excited. “Mr. Winters wants to meet with you to sign a contract asap. He wants to video conference with us tonight.”

“Holy – “

“Watch it young lady.” Her mother admonished.

“Macaroni.” Erika finished

Erika felt like she was in bizarro world. She was going to be signed with a professional modeling agent. She called Tricia, but her girlfriend didn’t pick up the phone so she called Samantha and spilled on the latest. She was so excited, she couldn’t sit still, she was actually bouncing on her bed as she spoke to her friend.

She then emailed Aunt Carrie, Danni, Katie, and Rachel and told them. She was just finishing up the email when Tricia called back.

“Where’ve you been?” Erika asked.

“I was getting my hair done at the salon.” Tricia apologized. “I couldn’t answer.”

Erika told her about her father’s call and the video conference.

“What about our date?” Tricia sounded a little disappointed. “We were supposed to go out tonight for New Years.”

“Oh no, I’m so sorry.” Erika apologized. Maybe if it doesn’t take long, I’ll still be able to come over.”

Tricia sighed. “I’m sorry. I am excited for you. It’s just I was excited to see you tonight too.”

“Ditto.” Erika’s excitement was a bit subdued by her girlfriend’s disappointment. “Still plan on us going out. We’ll just have to get a little later start than planned.”

“Okay.” Tricia didn’t sound convinced. “I hope your conference goes well.”

Erika hung up and started going through her closet. She needed something that would present well for Mr. Winters and then she’d need something sexy and fun for her date with Tricia.

--o0o—

“We have run into a small issue.” Mr. Winters stated after greeting everyone. “We do a back-ground check on all of our talent and have not been able to find any information about Erika Martin.”

Erika’s heart dropped in her chest.

“That is an issue that we have been working on.” Her father nodded. “Erika is currently using a different last name. Erika Summers.”

Mr. Winters nodded and looked over to someone off camera. “I see.” He said. “Is Summers her ‘stage’ name?”

“I haven’t really thought about it.” Erika admitted.

Mr. Winters looked off screen again, his lips tightened. “There’s something you aren’t telling me.” He stated. “As an agent, I need to know about any secrets, or issues so that I can help or correct various things.” He paused. “Erika isn’t part of a witness protection program, is she?”

“No.” her father stated. “The truth is,” he looked at Erika and then back to Mr. Winters, “Erika Summers used to be Eric Martin. She is transgendered and in the process of transitioning.”

“That makes more sense.” Mr. Winters didn’t have any judgment in his voice.

“I began transitioning last summer without my parents knowing.” Erika explained. “To avoid bullying at school, I changed my name to Summers.”

“Did you legally change it?” Mr. Winters cut in.

Both her and her dad shook their head. “It was easier once she was at school to just leave it that way.” Her dad stated. “I figured, once she had graduated, then we could deal with the legal issues.”

“This won’t cause you to cancel our contract, will it?” Erika’s voice cracked.

Mr. Winters shook his head. “I have several talents that are Transgender.” He stated.

“Really?” Erika was surprised.

Mr. Winters nodded. “Of course, I can’t tell you who. Just know that in this industry it isn’t unheard of. Now, are there any other secrets that I need to know about? Drinking? Drug use? Self-mutilation? Domestic violence?”

Erika shook her head as he ticked off different issues.

Mr. Winters looked specifically at Erika. “If there are any of these issues that you find you’d like to talk to me about later, call me.” He directed. “As long as I know about them, no matter how bad they may be, I can get you help.”

“Yes, thank you, Mr. Winters.” Erika nodded understanding.

Hal Winters smiled. “Okay, then. I’ll have Devon draft a contract and send it to you to look over. Can you get away for a few days?” he asked. “I’d like to fly you out here to get some exposure.”

“When?” her mother asked.

“Can you come out next Friday?”

“I’ll be on a business trip.” Her father stated, but Nancy can go with her.”

Her mother nodded agreement.

“Fantastic.” Mr. Winters clasped his hands. “I’ll have Devon make the arrangements and I’ll see you next Friday.”

As soon as they ended the video conference an Erika leaped into the air. “We’re going to Hollywood!” she screamed. “we’re going to Hollywood.” She hugged her mom and then her dad.

The next hour was spent in her room telling her friends. She had almost forgotten about her date with Tricia. She quickly shrugged out of her conservative blouse and jeans and slid into a form fitting royal blue dress that was shorter than her father would have liked, but longer than Tricia would like.

“Mom? Can you take me to Tricia’s? I’m already late because of the video conference.”

“Yes.” Her mother agreed.

Erika skipped into the bathroom and freshened her makeup, adding a bolder look to her blue eyes and touched up her mane of ebony curls before slipping into her stiletto heels and heading to the door.

“Hi.” Leeza greeted. “Tricia’s upstairs.”

“Thanks.” Erika slipped her coat off.

“Wow, don’t you look sexy.” Leeza gave her the once over. “Love the long hair. Are those extensions?”

“Yes.” Erika flushed with pleasure. Compliments from Leeza were always honest and deserved.

“When are, you heading back?” Erika hung her coat on a peg.

“Tomorrow.”

“Will you be hanging out with us tonight?”

“No, I’ll be spending quality time with my parents.” Leeza smiled.

Erika slipped off her heels and padded upstairs to Tricia’s room. She stopped in the doorway and just stared at her girlfriend.

Tricia’s once blonde hair had been shaved around the perimeter. What was left along with the slightly longer top was pastel pink. Even her eyebrows were pink. Thick long false eyelashes accentuated her beautiful eyes, while crystal gems enhanced her strange but sexy makeup.

She wore a pink cashmere sweater that matched her hair and a short, flared, pastel blue skirt.

“What do you think?” She smiled, but seemed a bit uncertain.

“Wow. I like it.” Erika stated. “You becoming a pastel?”

“I kind of always have been. I got a bunch of money for Christmas, so Leeza took me shopping while you were at the spa all day.” Tricia bounced up and touched her lips to Erika’s. “You look edible by the way.”

“I was working, not relaxing.” Erika insisted, “Where are we going?” Erka asked.

“To a New Year’s party, silly.” Tricia sat on her bed and pulled white thigh highs up over beautifully shaped calves. She slipped into some chunky pink shoes which allowed her to look straight into Erika’s eyes.

Erika ran her hand up the back of Tricia’s denuded nape and pulled her lips to hers.

“I think I like this incarnation of Tricia very much.” Erika whispered as they parted.

“The pink won’t stay in my hair with me being in the pool all of the time so I got these.” Tricia pulled out two pink wigs and a pastel blue wig.

Erika giggled.

“What?” Tricia asked.

“We are going to blow people away when we go back to school.

up
212 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sorry its late,

Sorry this is late. I've been on my deathbed all week. if it isn't one thing its another, right?

A.A,

Hope you're feeling better

But jeez, you play a mean game of mental ping pong. It's fun though.

I really don't see Ericka and

I really don't see Ericka and Trisha being an item too much longer since Ericka now has the new contract. Trisha will not want all their time together taken up by Ericka doing modeling, plus she will have to stay in "normal mode" due to her modeling and I am sure the contract. That alone in my opinion will cause real problems with Trisha and her.

Not sure I like what seems to be happening.......

D. Eden's picture

With Tricia. She seems to be getting further and further out in left field and I can't help but wonder if it's in response to Erika's growing popularity. Her reaction to the pictures of Erika and Jake will be very interesting to see.

Jake seems to be a very nice guy, but all bets are off when he finds out about Erika. His reaction will tell a lot about him, and Erika better be careful about where that relationship goes.

D

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Erika and ?

My5InchFMHeels's picture

Kiss going to be too much for Tricia? Even though it'd be in an Ad, just the fact that it's Jake may cause bigger problems for Erika and Tricia. Not to mention, with the hormones, Erika may end up with a Hetero Girl Brain. Like to see the couple continue, thus far they've been very cute together, but it may be a bit much for either of them with the hormones and possibly jealousy.

On a different note entirely, would love to see some Erika/Annie time, get to know each other, support and whatnot.

"We're going to Hollywood!!"

laika's picture

Don't get too excited, Erika. Wait 'til you see the place.
But I guess there's Hollywood and then there's Hollywood-
2 whole different worlds. (I was born in the scummy one, way up Wilshire,
which I guess wasn't so bad back in 1954, but it was never glamorous...)
Excellent chapter. Whatever the future might hold for Erika
she sure has come a long way from being the Plague.
~veronica

Too much too quick

Jamie Lee's picture

The car is rolling down hill and gaining speed, without an experienced driver behind the wheel.

Too much is taking place too fast for Erika. The new presenting as a girl, now hormones which have yet to level out, just starting to get her feet wet modeling, and Tricia. Everything is new, new and exciting. Too new and exciting. Erika doesn't have a solid base to work from, to ground herself with when things get strange.

Then there's Jake, someone new, someone who pays attention to Erika. Someone who lights Erika's fire in a way differently than Tricia. And the modeling photos of them kissing. When Tricia sees those she's going to be crushed, it won't matter they were just posing for a photo shoot.

And then Hollywood, the chew 'em up and spit 'em out city. The city which has caused many heartaches. A world totally unfamiliar to Erika and her family. A world where Erika could be lured into something she's unable to say no to because it's all exciting.

They really need to slow down until Erika gets her feet solidly under her. Until "new" no longer has a hold on her. Until she matures a lot more.

Others have feelings too.

To fast

A great Story, in the last 2 days I read all of it. If you publish it as ebook (PDF format would be nice) I will buy it.
But please take it slower, modeling is heavy it changes nice girls too much and they are mostly hurt. I hope the modeling agent give her only a few jobs to shelter her. School (education) are importent and she needs more time to find out about herself. All Kids need to time to try out new things and Eric never did it before, because the school was the hell.

If you need some ideas, how about this:
- She likes drawing, let her learn know different styles (maybe some nice femine arts)
- How about Taylor? She know very good Erics arts, I wonder way!? Maybe she likes Eric but never took courage to admit it. As a girl I would be pissed off to see my secret love changes his/her sex.
- Why not include Annie in Erikas secret circle of knowledge, it would be good for the girl to learn know more TG people.

Tricia

I’m seriously worried for their relationship

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

she needs to tell Tricia

before a billboard shows her kissing him, and she freaks.

DogSig.png