Doom Valley Prep School 13

Printer-friendly version

This story is being rewritten.
A new chapter will be published every 2 weeks starting on 19/07/2022.

When I finally reach this chapter again, I'll replace this message.

up
176 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Delay, no delay...meh

My5InchFMHeels's picture

We got a new chapter, not sure anyone will care if it was delayed. And hope for more soon, sounds to me like its a worthy delay. I know i was particularly delighted to see a new chapter. Someone needs to sick a Dawg on that lunch lady though.

Why do you hate dogs?

Domoviye's picture

These are cranky cat women who work at Doom Valley Prep School, dealing with egotistical monsters 3 times a day, every day. Any dog that goes after them is going to end up in the blue sausages.
Don't mess with the people who make your food.

They wouldn't happen to look

They wouldn't happen to look like these ladies would they? :D

Dogs are loyal, cats are vicious...never upset a cat!(I have a thousand scratches that prove that)

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Those are scary Cats

Domoviye's picture

And yes, don't piss off the cats, especially these ones, they don't play fair.

Fair play?

My5InchFMHeels's picture

That's kinda obvious by the recieved meals, lol.

Nice

She needs to yield to the inevitable and accept she is a girl forever. Maybe being attracted to boys will push her over the edge.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

NEVER!

Domoviye's picture

She will fight to her last breathe to at least try to maintain some sense of manliness and hope!

Sometimes in war, you need to

Sometimes in war, you need to make a few concessions ;)

She lost one battle, but the war is still on!

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Short chapters

WillowD's picture

of a good story are MUCH better than no chapters at all. Thank you.

I hope you share the link to the comic once you start publishing.

Thanks

Domoviye's picture

It will be on Kindle in late summer and I'll be posting a link. It's an anthropomorphic superhero setting on a floating city, called Invasion City. The superheroes and villains are based on my daughters stuffies and stories we made up for them. It will be about 90 to 100 pages long, with several different artists for the 3 to 5 page stories. So far it's got a zombie apocalypse situation, a hero who just wants a relaxing weekend, a unicorn superhero fighting a supervillain, a SUPER SPY!, and a new hero helping out at a retirement home for superheroes.

Also one of the characters from it is actually going to show up in the next chapter.
Reading this to my daughter, she asked why Dog Face Bomb (a dog who throws lots of bombs) isn't a professor at the school. So the potions teacher is now Professor Bomb. Hilarity ensues.

The future looks great!

Beoca's picture

Looking forward to seeing more of Doom Valley in the future - the prospect makes me have no issue whatsoever with the delay. I get the feeling that someone in the kitchen was ticked off with Petra making the first challenge look easy (at least she got something, though, even if it was terrible).

Maybe

Domoviye's picture

We may eventually find out what is going on in Doom Valley Prep School: DETENTION!

Wonderful story!

Worth the wait, but hopefully not 10 years until it is finished!

Not that long.

Domoviye's picture

I plan on doing 5 or 6 parts for each year Petra is in school, and writing 4 or more each year.
Once I get my schedule down, I'll try to do more, but for now this seems doable.

First day of classes?

First day of classes?

What could possibly go wrong? :D

I am extremely jealous that you can pickup where you left off and leave everyone wanting more and trying to set aside money for your new project...I swear I'd trade my ability to churn out 7,000 word chapters every two to three days for a fraction of your ability to get people to stick around and read your stuff.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

I was honoured

Domoviye's picture

I really wasn't expecting to get a response like I did.
Seeing all of it, I was honoured and very happy. Considering how the last few years have been going, it was a great feeling and made me smile for days.

makeover!

giggles

DogSig.png

I'm just glad

That' you're okay, safe and sound. It doesn't matter how long the chapters take, y our wellbeing is what's most important.

After that note, MAKE OVER YAY! Hope she enjoys it!

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Delay?

I'm sure it hasn't been a year since you posted the last chapter... Are you sure this one was delayed?

LOL

Domoviye's picture

I'm lucky I wasn't drinking when I read this.

Dead meat, to the girls

Jamie Lee's picture

She's worried about being killed on her first day of classes, but got just a taste of what the girls are going to do each morning, until she's able to do her own makeup or can figure out a way to use some spell to stop them.

She doesn't realize that she is passing one test after the other, or that she is being observed. She didn't go comatose when she discovered she'd been turned into a girl. She fought her way through the cavern, and she never gave up in the chow line. Plus, she's acquired friends who are willing to help. Will they be as willing when she has her first period? And if she doesn't freak then, then she'll make it through school.

Others have feelings too.

She has surprised the

Domoviye's picture

She has surprised the instructors since arriving at Doom Valley, and some of them are quite annoyed at underestimating her. Most lost a fair bit of money on her survival test, while one teacher made a killing.

Which teacher made a killing?

Which teacher made a killing? It wouldn't happen to have been Master Grieve, would it?

I mean, he did say that he thought she'd do well there.

Hope you're doing okay with your daughter's project, and that you come back again soon. (Even if it's just to say hello)

I'm waiting for some scenes from Horsefeathers. Petra seems to be fond of "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" Or maybe just Hooray for Captain Spaulding.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

We miss you

Any chance of anything more from you?

Bets

I bet someone bet she would fail and that’s why she got what she got.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna