Doom Valley Prep School 5

Printer-friendly version

This story is being rewritten.
A new chapter will be published every 2 weeks starting on 19/07/2022.

When I finally reach this chapter again, I'll replace this message.

up
352 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This...

erica jane's picture

Series is just so much fun! Thank you!

~And so it goes...

Great Story

Christina H's picture

I love this story its really so much fun to read and I also love the name of the author

Christina

Thanks everyone.

Domoviye's picture

Thanks everyone.

What about my name do you love? I just grabbed it from a book of medieval fairies of Europe.

Yep

Domoviye's picture

Mostly from Russian and nearby countries. Look like old men, live behind the stove, and as long as you follow the rules, they're very good luck.

Showing her worth

Petra seems to offended someone, maybe someone that has already cost a bet or who's family knows the boy that changed her. Whatever the reasons, Petra paid her debt to her friends by breaking the hold Victors had placed on them. And likely up'ed her status again at the school to some while making enemies of others.

She's caught every ones eye

Domoviye's picture

She's caught every ones eye at this point.
Poor, poor girl.

Questions

Well the first time she ordered she said used 'like and please' for a food item and the other times the order was said as a question. Would those conditions be the problem with her order, they don't take requests, they want commands to fill your order. The school is training them to be leaders, and to them leaders don't ask they demand and take.

Very interesting

Domoviye's picture

I like how you think, it's very clever.

Leaders

Leaders don't just command, they also convince. They don't just use strength, they use their brains. Hopefully Petra will figure out what she needs to do. If she needs to give an order for food she'd best do it. But for other things convincing people to cooperate with her will make it easier for her to survive. After all Ella is a good patron to have...:P

True

Domoviye's picture

Everything happening at the school has a reason, sometimes its for a lesson, sometimes it's for a challenge, sometimes it's for sadistic glee. Which one this is, will become clear later.

I was getting the impression

I was getting the impression this was a very special lection from her teachers.

nice

Hmmmm i think that a few more staff have gotten in on the bet on how long Petra will last and decided to swing the odds in their favour. But that could bite them in the ass themselves as the leading teachers already started the betting so the staff may get some trouble, but it nice that Petra managed to resist Victors mind control I guess because it how she thinks of herself she managed to resist, looking forwards to a lot more of this story as well as Your others.

Matt

There's a reason for not falling to Victor

Domoviye's picture

and it doesn't actually have to do with how she thinks of herself but how her mind works. It will become more obvious later on.
There's also a reason for the food. It's not what people think. It's going to be funny when she figures it all out.

Resumed

Hopefully this gets picked up again.Does that mean Peter would have been immune also.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

"Mrs. Tray" being introduced

"Mrs. Tray" being introduced to his head. I love it. Sounds like Victor needs to introduced to a few more "Mrs." items like a board, a baseball bat, or a Cricket bat.

I got the idea from Sluggy

Domoviye's picture

I got the idea from Sluggy Freelance, when Mr. Tea Tray was introduced to a jerk. It was too good to resist.

Ah, the H.G. Giger school of

Ah, the H.G. Giger school of architecture and with some Loony Toons Wacky Land thrown in. Always fun to see something which doesn't follow the normal laws of physics or even common sense in this case. Now we just need to have her meet a giant yeti which calls her Georgina. Or will that type of character stay in the Tink stories for now?

I promise nothing

Domoviye's picture

While I can't find a place for a yeti yet, there are always field trips, so all I'll say is I'll try to keep it funny.

And if have magic and don't make bizarre architecture, you're wasting it.

There are always...

Giants, fey of various sorts, and high level magic users that might like Petra as their pet. Maybe Ella will trade her away?

Lets not go there

Domoviye's picture

The last time I had a character sold, it ended badly and immediately went x-rated with a big side of horror. My mind is a dark and scary place at times.

Immune

Renee_Heart2's picture

Looks like Petra is smarter & immune to the charm of being taken over by the spell that would make her a menion there is more to her then meets the eye. I think she will make it to graduation. It'll be a struggle but she will make it.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

explanation?

Would that be because her mind still works like a boy's?

I think it's simpler than

I think it's simpler than that. Her mind's been shifted a bit, but not as much as her body. Aiming at her mind would be a lot like trying to punch someone with your beer goggles on. You're more likely to miss than anything else. It _might_ be 'girl body, aim for girl mind', and 'boy body, aim for boy mind', but I think it's more and less subtle than that.

I think she's going to surprise a lot of people. She's not that uncomfortable with her body, at this point (who knows at the first monthly visitor), but she has two points of view going on. That means she won't react the way anyone is likely to predict, at least not on a regular basis. In a year or two, that will probably change (if her body remains the same, other than normal growth/puberty), but by then she'll have already managed to learn something.

If none of them get the right prediction, does _she_ get the pot?


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

With her body, when you're in

Domoviye's picture

With her body, when you're in a life or death situation, little things like your body can and should be ignored for survival. Petra will feel it later on when she can relax.
And if she survives until graduation, she'll be declared valedictorian. The teachers aren't about to give a student cash.

It's required reading in all

Domoviye's picture

It's required reading in all classes. Even the physical ones.

Interesting

Tas's picture

So Petra has some sort of immunity to physic effects. Now is that because she was a boy and that particular spell couldn't deal with her, or is it something else?

I guess we'll see

-Tas

love the story, very

love the story, very entertaining

Gads

Jamie Lee's picture

It happened again. I was laughing so hard reading about Mrs. Tray meeting Victor's head, and the others tag teaming with their trays, I had to wipe off tears to read more.

This is a great, and funny, story. A pleasure to read.

Others have feelings too.

I was laughing when I wrote that part to.

Domoviye's picture

I'm not going to have girls being physically stronger than boys in this story, they usually aren't in real life. So the girls just have to be smart enough to use surprise, skill, techniques, and tag teaming to win fights. As shown, they are far from helpless damsels in distress.

Immunity

I wonder if her immunity is that she is not currently attracted to guys but that could definelty change. If it’s something else it might mean she has a considerable asset there. When she has her first period things are going to get awkward she will probably be outed.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Pretty much. She has the mind

Domoviye's picture

Pretty much. She has the mind of a boy and most boys are attracted to different things than girls.
The period stuff will show up. Not sure when.

I agree with Erica

WillowD's picture

This story is a lot of fun.

Thanks.

Domoviye's picture

Thanks.