Time warp part III

Printer-friendly version


Time Warp part III

“I am going to try a flip” I said. Knowing I could do one in my sleep.

“You are going to try what? Allie said, in a concerned voice.

Taking one last deep breath as I ran along the diving board, Hitting the end with a perfect bounce. As I was propelled up I tucked and did a beautiful roll, flattening out just before hitting the water. Instead of puling my legs in for a perfect entrance, I let my legs splash and look like I hit hard.

I went down about 6 ft then curved up but didn't break the surface. I stopped letting myself settle to the bottom. Where I sat cross legged and waited. Knowing my sisters would soon freak out and come after me. Next thing I know it commotion at the shallow end, then Allie and Amelia diving toward me. I just smiled and pushed off for the surface.

“What is with you two.” I said as they broke the surface. “never seen anybody do a flip before”

“I will knock you into next week,” Amelia said shaking a fist at me. Allie just stared.

“Well come on, give it your best shot. I will even give you the first strike” I answered turning and diving into the deep end. Again I settled down in the deepest part of the pool. The practice of oxygenating your body gives a free diver a few extra seconds under water. Which I used to my full advantage. Again Allie and Amelia panicked and dove down to “help” me. With a big smile on my face I just pushed off for the surface.

“ Alright,” Amelia said, As she surfaced again.” you are in for it” Amelia was the bossy sister. Even though we three are identical.

She came at me and took a swing. It was clumsy, I grabbed her wrist and using her momentum threw her down in the water. Flustered she stood and tried it again. This time I had enough room behind me I grabbed her wrist and flipped her on her back hard on the water.
Standing again. “How” that is all she said.

“Had enough, I can do this all day.” I stated. Amelia nodded. The three of us goofed around for the next half hour, like sisters do.

“Girls, time to get out and get ready for dinner.” Mom said from the fence.
We all grumbled but grabbed our towels and dried off. Slipping on my sandals I headed toward the room.

Allie got to the bathroom first. While we waited. I dug into my bag for something to wear to the range. I found a pair of jeans and a baseball shirt, which had ¾ sleeves. I do prefer long sleeves but I didn't pack one.

I was last to get changed. Pulling on my plain white cotton panties and bra. I slipped on my jeans and shirt. Hanging my bikini on the shower rod.

As soon as I came out. “Why are you wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt.” Allie said.
As both her and Amelia wore shorts and a t-shirt.

“Well, I am going shooting.” I answered .

“Mom, See I told you Alexandria is being weird.” Amelia said.

“Don't worry about her.” Mom said. “Let's go eat”

We all piled into Mom's Pontiac wagon. As always I fastened my seat belt. Amelia who was sitting next to me. Just shook her head. Mom and Dad took us to Burger Chef. Where I ordered a salad and a diet Coke. Watching just as Allie was going to complain that I was being weird again.
Mom just said, “Just stop. Don't worry about your sister. That is me and your fathers job. So she is eating healthy so what.”

“Thanks Mom,” I said.

Finishing We got back in the wagon again. Heading back west. We followed a curvy road to a turn off. I had a huge banner saying “Welcome Shooters” We pulled into the parking lot. We got out and waited at the back of the Wagon. Dad handed out our rifle cases. I got mine and immediately found a spot and unpacked it. It was a Remington 700 in .223. It was filthy. I must have not liked cleaning my gun much. Getting the rifle
cleaning kit out of the car. I was quite familiar with the Remmy. As the old me has one in the future all built up. I can put a dime sized group at 100 yards. I yanked it down to the base parts and cleaned it the Navy seal way. White glove spotless. It took me almost half hour to do it.

“Look at all that work she is doing, and for nothing” Amelia said.

Thinking too bad I didn't have my special lube. I will have to make some. Marvel mystery oil and ND-30 weight.

Upon reassembly. I noticed that the scope was way off. I needed to get it bore sighted. Shouldering my rifle. I searched for someone to do it. Finally found one. Once bore sighted I figured I was ready for the firing line. As the sun was just going down It was just a perfect position to get in my eyes. Using my saved allowance I purchase an event ball cap. Now I was ready. Getting my shooting glasses and hearing protection. I waited for a lane to open. A couple minutes later I got one.

I prepared. I got down in the prone position. Pulling the rifle to my shoulder and getting a perfect cheek weld to the stock. I regulated my breathing taking a breath letting it half out. Holding it, I squeezed off a round. Then repeated three more times.

I waited for the rest of the shooters to finish. Going down range to check my target. Marking my shots, I made some mental computations for the scope adjustment. Returned to my rifle after making the adjustments. I fired four more rounds then repeated. My shot groups where getting smaller. More adjustments more rounds. An hour and a half later.

They called for the final round of practice. Again four rounds down range. Checking my shots. I was pleased. Pulling down my target. I returned and packed up my shooting position. I headed back to the car. After cleaning my rifle. I sat on the tailgate going over my target. Each shot was numbered. Doing some calculations, I figured I was still on par with my other self in shooting. So it seems like I can turn Alexandria's life around.

If this is something for good. I will be better than before. While I know major disasters that happen. I will have to let them happen. That is going to be the hardest for me as even though I am only 12

Mom, Dad, Allie and Amelia finally showed up. Amelia took the target out of my hands.

“Who did you take this from.” She said.

“Nobody, those are all my shots.”

“Can't be, you ain't this good”

Just then a range official came by, “Nice shooting, Young Lady” he said to me. “Keep it up and you could make a great shooter one day.”

Taking my target from Amelia, I just smiled.

“ How, when, “ Turning to Mom. “MOM, “

“Just as I told Allie, shut it about your sister. It is not your worry”

Smiling I handed Dad my gun case, and took my seat in the wagon all buckled in. As the others got in the car. We headed towards the hotel.

“Dad,”

“Yes, Honey,”

“Tomorrow, is practice also.?”

“yes, Allie, it is, the competition is Saturday and Sunday.”

“Can we stop for ice cream?” Amelia asked. Both me and Allie “ Please”

“Well, it is vacation.” Dad said. A few minutes later we pulled into a Dairy Queen.

“Now we will see how weird Alex has gotten. She loves ice cream.” I heard Allie whisper to Amelia. Who responded, “And Mom and Dad will see that Alex is different.”

Thinking Yeah, I am a ice cream junky. I normally get a large hot fudge Sunday. Why would today be any different.

“OK, Girls. What do you want? The normal?” Mom asked. Yeah, we all answered.

Mom ordered. She and Dad brought our ice creams. As soon as I got mine I dug in. Even the former male me loved ice cream.

Me, Allie and Amelia sat on a bench eating our ice cream. As normal we did get a few looks. As not too often you see identical triplets. It also drew attention from a couple of boys. Who were looking at us too. We smiled at them. Being twelve we weren't interested in boys, too much.

That is me and Amelia weren't to interested in boys, but Allie is. Thinking she gets me into trouble because of it. Not anymore. Out of the corner of my eye. I checked out the boys, They were kind of good looking. Then again so was the girl working the counter,

She was a hottie. As we say in 2000s. Now in 1972, I think the term is fox.
Finishing our ice creams. We piled back into the wagon. Amelia sat next to me. As soon as I clicked my seat belt, Amelia looked like she was going to say something but seemed to think differently about it. I just chuckled inside to myself. We drove to the hotel in silence.

I wasn't saying anything. Because I was still trying to figure out what in the hell has happened to me. Earlier today I was Commander Alan Seaton, from Ohio. Been on 47 missions, decorated, purple heart, navy Cross, Now I am a 12 year old girl, one of a set of identical triplets from Kentucky. In Ashville, North Carolina for a regional target shoot. I come to find out that Alexandria Renee O'Brien is kind of a clumsy, shy, girl who has trouble with things. Since I became, Alexandria I have started to correct that, I have successfully showed that She is an accomplished shooter, and can kick ass if she wants and not afraid of water.

I don't know if this is a dream, am I dead, in a coma. If this is real, am I temporarily Alexandria or is it permanent. If it happens to be permanent, I think I wouldn't mind growing up as a girl. Kinda see how the other half lives. Using my knowledge to help Alexandria succeed in life quite well, from now on Alex will become better at everything she lacked in. Or should I say I lacked in, as I am now Alexandria. I will excel in school becoming an honor roll student. Parking by our room, Dad opened the door.

All of my stories are purely fictional, the some places are real, some are not. The names and personnel used in all my stories, are also fictional. They may be based on people I knew but, Any resemblance to anyone living, dead, or un-dead are purely coincidental.

I write my stories as a fantasy. While based on this world. Things in my story could stretch reality. However I write my stories from my mind. I reserve all rights to my work. Any form of duplication without my permission is forbidden. Please enjoy reading them as I have in writing them.

up
174 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yep, skill is transferable

Jamie Lee's picture

Why is Amelia so hot to trot about the things Alex does? Why does she make it her business to stick her nose in Alex's business?

Is Amelia that insecure she has to bother Alex, making sure Alex isn't better at something than she is?

What about Allie, why does she seem to be the one standing in the background, ignored?

Amelia is going to be an angry twelve year old girl when Alex out shoots her.

Others have feelings too.