The Feminine Queendom 67

Printer-friendly version

The Feminist Queendom Charlie’s War 67

© Beverly Taff

List of Characters.

Charlie Sage Maths and electronics genius.
Shirley Sage Charlies elderly mother
Chloe Charlie’s one time early school friend.
Josephine Flint Surgeon and associate of Chloe’s.
Mrs Jane Anston Director of Anston Aerospace.
Ronnie Garage mechanic at top of lane
Pauline Garage owner, Ronnie’s sister.
Briony Pauline’s teenaged daughter.
Billy Pauline’s middle son.
Abigail (Abby) Pauline’s youngest daughter.
‘Poppy’ Charlie’s little micro-runabout.
‘Doris’ The armoured mobile home.
‘Lady’ Chloe’s Sports Car.
Dawn Charlie’s armoured spaceship.
Colonel Wilson Vindictive misanthropist doctor.
Margaret Thomas ‘Failed’ police security guard.
Sally. 1st Oz Special forces trooper
Jacky 2nd Oz Special forces trooper.
Juliet Charlie’s Mal engineering assistant.
Laura The second mate of the Second Dawn
Kate (Katherine Bergson) The Australian defence minister.
Lieutenant Engadine Asi Charlie’s second prisoner.

Chapter 67

When Charlie and his family landed at Woomera the first people to meet them were of course his fellow spacers Juliet, Engie ad Laura plus the security officer and the base commander.

After the cryptic message they had received from Dawn 1 the reception party were desperate to ensure everybody was safe.

“Is everybody safe back at Hammersley?”

“We don’t know. The attack was very amateurish but well-armed by civilian standards. Has inspector Margaret Thomas been in touch?”

“Yes she and the security team were inside the house. By the time they heard the firing, it was over. They came out to find your ship already flying away and those assassins racing across the bush trying to escape.”

“So how did the assassins know I was going to Hammersley? The only people who knew were in your control tower. I didn’t decide until after the spaceships were discharged and I just departed without even telling my fellow spacers. I told the PM, the defence minister and my own spacers that I was off to build some more antigravity engines. I never mentioned that I was visiting my family first.

The only people who knew I was going to Hammersley were the traffic controllers in the tower.”

The base commander frowned as he concluded.

“It seems we have a spy in the tower, one of the air-traffic control team.”

Charlie nodded agreement before observing.

“I suspect it may be a diehard feminista fanatic. There are bound to be plenty around. They’ve been teaching kids feminista propaganda ever since the great upheaval. Feministas are not going to change overnight.”

“There are probably more than one in the tower.” The base commander opined. “I mean virtually every woman was a feminista with a small ‘eff’ until your appearance. I can’t sack all of them.”

“There’s no need to fire any of them. Just don’t reveal my flight-plans or arrivals when I come and go. We can simply devise a coded electronic signal that only Woomera will know.”

“But the assassins. They have to be punished.”

“If you identify them, I’d like to meet them. You go through all the legal processes by all means but I’d like to ask them why they want to kill me; - and my children. I won’t show anger or make threats cos that’s what most of them have been taught from their first days at school. Lots of them have hardly met a boy older than thirteen, not even their brothers.

If they actually meet a grown man in calm, peaceful circumstances, who behaves respectfully and thoughtfully, they might just begin to have second thoughts; especially if that man is somebody they have tried to kill and yet is prepared to forgive them.”

“Would you actually do that?” The base commander wondered.

“If it advances my efforts to rid the world of misanthropy and it means I don’t have to live out my days, looking over my shoulder; yes.” Charlie replied. “There’s enough hate around, why add to it?”

The colonel nodded her head thoughtfully.

“I think you should meet the whole air-traffic team for Woomera. I can organise a meeting tomorrow. Tell them that someone tried to murder your wife and children, then tell them you’re prepared to forgive and forget.”

“I’ll forgive them Colonel; I can never forget. It would be folly to forget.

ooo000ooo

The following morning, Charlie and his family climbed the stairs to find a score of air traffic controllers plus assorted administrators waiting nervously in the control room.
The base commander explained to them why they had been assembled then Charlie quietly told them that somebody amongst them had arranged for Charlie and his family to be executed. This caused a fearful hush to descend as he explained further.

“If you don’t believe me, we can show you the bullet marks and gouges on the hull of Dawn 1. I might further add that the phones of the would-be assassins have been traced but not yet recovered. They were burner phones and security are about the business of finding them.

Finally, and this might come as a surprise to some amongst you. I am prepared to forgive any who might have had a part in this murder attempt because nobody knows better than such as me how badly girls have been taught about the ways and manners of men. Believe me, I hail from a country where the feminista propaganda is infinitely more insidious than Australia.

Sadly, I have to add, that while I might forgive, there are those whose laws demand some element of retribution for attempted murder, and I can’t speak for them.

That’s all ladies. I am now off to make the antigravity engines I have contracted to build for your country and your government. Good day.”

There was a stunned silence while Beverly gathered Chloe and the children into the control tower lift, then an eruption of chatter exploded in the tower before fading as the lift descended to the ground.

As they emerged from the flight administration block Chloe turned to look up at the tower. The huge windows were lined with faces staring down at them but Chloe could not discern the expressions. She tapped Charlie’s shoulder and he glanced up momentarily before speaking to his wife.

“They’re not my concern now. It’s in the hands of the law. Come on, I need to get back.”

“Are you going where I think you’ll be going?”

“Yes.” Charlie revealed.

“Do you know if it’s safe?”

“If it’s been compromised, I’ll have to start all over again elsewhere. It seemed to be undiscovered the last time I was there.”

“You be careful.”

“Semper cautus darling. Semper cautus!”

This time Dawn 1’s departure message to the Woomera tower was terse and brief.

“Woomera tower. This is Dawn 1 departing, farewell.”

The reply was equally brief but softly apologetic.

“Copy that Dawn 1. Thank you.”

Less than thirty minutes later, Dawn 1 was landing and the guards came out to meet them. Lessons had been learned.

The following morning, a refreshed Charlie departed as dawn was breaking and soon arrived at Coach. On landing, he was doubly careful to leave no landing marks and Dawn 1 manoeuvred delicately into the hidden cave. Within minutes, Charlie had checked out the cave and satisfied himself that nobody had been there in his absence. Relieved to find everything intact and untouched, Charlie commenced making the promised engines. He had much to thank for Australia’s vast emptiness.

Long inured to loneliness, he soon had the engines made and six weeks later the researchers at Woomera were pleased to discover a familiar little ship parked on their landing pad. It had seemingly arrived from space with the promised engines. They received the engines gratefully and Charlie returned to his family in Hammersley.

“Welcome back stranger,” Chloe exclaimed, “I thought you were never coming home again.”

They fell into an embrace that soon migrated to the bedroom where a proper welcome was partaken until Charlotte’s voice declared the arrival of the school taxi.

“Damn, is it that time already!?” Charlie cursed as they heard Charlotte calling for her mum and they hurriedly dressed

Too late, their oldest daughter exploded into the bedroom squealing with delight after realising her Daddy was home again. Fortunately, Charlie was only just decent while Chloe called from the bathroom.

ooo000ooo

“I presume you’ll be staying this time, at least until your operation?”

Charlie nodded as he served the vegetables prior to eating.

“Juliet will be here next week. They’ll have completed phase three of Moonbase Alpha. How long does your tame urologist need to come here?”

“She is disguising her visit as a holiday and she needs a week’s notice”

“Ah serendipity; you’d best let her know then. Is there anything Juliet and I need to do to prepare for the op. You know; special immunosuppressant drugs to prevent tissue rejection.”

“I’ve got all that in hand in my clinic at the mine. Juliet needs a couple of days preparation but you just turn up.”

Charlie nodded and smiled wanly. “Can’t wait,” he joked.

“I think you’re being incredibly philanthropic.” Chloe praised him.

At the dinner table, they did not mention the operation in front of the nanny-guards and the conversation revolved around the other issue facing Charlie, namely the Singaporean court case surrounding the assassination attempt. This held the guards’ attention for they knew they would be Charlie’s protection squad in Singapore.

The following week Juliet contacted Charlie to confirm that he was ready to visit Chloe and start the immunosuppressant medication. He arranged to meet Charlie at the house where Chloe had left his course of treatment while she worked that day in the hospital. That afternoon, Charlie and Juliet went for a walk in the outback and chatted at length about the forthcoming transplant.

Juliet was already fully enlightened that any forthcoming children would be biologically Charlie’s but Juliet was more than happy just to be granted the delight of becoming a societal and legal father.

“Just to marry a girl and have kids by her will be enough for me Charlie. I can love your kids just as though they are mine. I owe you enough to guarantee and confirm that. My kids will have a proper father and know him.”

“That’s all I want Julie, to know the kids are in a decent family structure. By the way, what are you going to call yourself when you have a functioning penis again.”

“I’m going to stick with the name Juliet.”

“Gosh! That’s brave mate.”

“It’s just a reminder to the feminista brigade of the iniquities people like me suffered with enforced castration. Just let the bastards remember what evils they were perpetrating.”

“What about any kids you have? Should they have to live with a dad with a girl’s name?”

“It’s no shame. I didn’t commit the crime. Besides, I reckon any kid with a dad who’s got Spaceship Captain Licence no 2, will be proud to tell their school mates that their dad’s a spaceship captain. A proper spaceship that is, not one of those uncontrolled orbiting projectiles that just whizzes around on a predetermined orbit.”

“Good point Julie. Good for you mate. Have they started issuing spaceship licences then?”

“Yes! Yours is waiting for you to collect it in Canberra.”

“Jeeze! They don’t waste any time do they?” Charlie expostulated.

“Typical lawyers,” Juliet agreed, “And, wait for this! You have to pay a bloody fee.”

“Ooh! I don’t fucking believe it!”

“It’s true. Just make sure you don’t get caught navigating and piloting in space without a licence.”

“Oh, so they’ve got traffic police have they?” Charlie jested.

“Give them time,” Julie surmised thoughtfully. “Politicians are always looking for ways to make a buck.”

“Ha!” Charlie scorned. “I’ll go to Mars and issue myself a Martian Licence.”

Juliet chuckled as he replied. “Don’t complicate things Charlie. Where will you take your Martian exam and who’d be your Martian examiner? Anyway, I believe they want to make some sort of ceremony when you collect Earth Licence number one.”

“Well, they’ll have to wait until your transplant and my assassination investigation in Singapore.”

They continued chatting and chuckling about space until the evening chill persuaded them to return back to the house.

ooo000ooo

up
126 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Never Forget

joannebarbarella's picture

History repeats itself if you don't learn the lessons. Also, forgiving takes time and must be from both sides. Charlie must be very careful if and when he goes to Singapore. The Chinese won't forgive or forget.

Family Structure and misandry

leeanna19's picture

You raise some interesting points in this episode Beverly

“That’s all I want Julie, to know the kids are in a decent family structure."

"State-by-state analysis by Heritage scholars indicates that a 10 percent increase in the percentage of children living in single-parent homes leads typically to a 17 percent increase in juvenile crime. The rate of violent teenage crime corresponds with the number of families abandoned by fathers."

Good fathers are important to a stable family. I'm not being unkind to single parent families, there are many loving single parent families, but fathers are important role modals, especially to boys.

Misandry

I saw a lot of anti-male stuff on social media recently due to women being murdered by men. Stuff about curfews, men should go on courses about not raping etc. (Any society that needs to send men and boys on a course about not raping may as well give up)

Men are more 2-3 time more likely to be murdered by men anyway. 99% of men are decent people. Feminist trying to make all men the enemy does not help their cause.

From my point of view when I'm out for a walk in the evening and in pass a lone women I give her a wide birth. I do this because it seems that woman are told all men are potential rapists. I just don't want them to feel uncomfortable, or am I over reacting?

A few years ago I was driving passed a young girl who had fallen off her bike . I wanted, as a father to stop and comfort her. I stopped myself, as I thought what would people see, middle aged man with a screaming girl. I parked waited a few moments to make sure she was safe, until a woman came. I felt like dirt, I hate the way men are demonized now.

It could be worse, If I had been dressed at the time, I can't imagine what would have been said.

cs7.jpg
Leeanna

Yes.

The points you make are exactly the things I care about. I too aim to give women a wide berth if passing in a lonely circumstance even though these days, I am old enough (and decrepit enough) to pass as an 'old biddy'. I find that a genuine and all importantly brief smile, goes a long way to calm a lonely woman's fears if I encounter them in a vulnerable circumstance. However, I absolutely refuse to allow these unfortunate social and misogynistic derivatives of today's culture, prevent me from going where I want and when I want.

As to the dearth of fathers and lack of decent male roll models, you are so right. One of the worst examples being the lack of male primary school teachers. Men cannot afford to go near children in this feminista culture.

xx Bev.

bev_1.jpg

I thought it was just me. I

leeanna19's picture

I thought it was just me. I am blessed or cursed with empathy. I'm sure it has helped me in my job in sales, but made me a pushover as a boss. Why does it always happen to men. A bad man does something evil and all men are evil. Yet female paedophiles exist, but no one says keep women away from children.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9162391/Number-fema...

I read a report about boys doing worse than girls at school and on e woman replied that this was due to teachers, mostly women. They treat boys differently from the start. Just as they are more likely to comfort a crying girl, quicker than a boy. They praise girls quicker for achievements. Boys soon learn to gain recognition from their peers instead. Girls sit and learn, boys act up and get laughs from their friends. This continues.

As you pointed out , there are very few male primary school teachers, so they have no role models. There was a series on the BBC where they took "naughty boys" and they were educated by men. They did a lot better.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/...

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/apr/23/school-gui...

The agenda seems to be improve the education of girls, and if boys don't learn , so what?

cs7.jpg
Leeanna

True but sad

You are both right in your assessment. And I can relate all to well from intimate personal experience in South America.

When my youngest daughter was born back in the last century, I had this gut feeling that my marriage was all but moribund. And even though I had my newborn daughter suck on my thumb for more than three hours (to maintain the suction reflex) because my wife was unwilling to try breast feeding, I have never once changed (nor even removed) her diaper in all her life. I never had a good explanation for this decision. But almost 15 years later, when my (at that point) ex-wife kidnapped her for the fourth time, she was taken by a group of government employed feminists to a justice of peace where they forced her to sign an accusation of sexual abuse against her father. The justice immediately issued a restraining order with an arrest warrant for violation. Then they repeated the same thing at the local police station, where a criminal case was opened with fiscal attorney. Thankfully the fiscal attorney pretty soon requested from the preliminary criminal court to drop the case since the evidence presented indicated that the complaint was a false accusation. Unfortunately I have never been able to get the restraining order lifted, because the file was shuffled from one court to the other in order to hide it from me.

The society in Paraguay is overtly very machista (but not really patriarchal), but behind the scenes it is a matriarchy (with a lot of deep feminist currents below the surface). The mothers will start to encourage their sons as young a 14 to start having sex to gain "experience", but at the same time demand that their daughters remain untouched virgins until they get married. A "good" man is supposed to have at least 10 children from at least three different women (the more the better). And the judicial system holds, that a mother is materially incapable of harming her own children, so she is innocent until proven barely guilty by overwhelming evidence. While at the same time the father is always guilty until he can barely prove his innocence by overwhelming evidence.

I am glad that I was able to move away from there after all my daughters gained their majority of age. Though the Covid pandemic has had a negative impact on my ability to earn a living wage: first the hard lock-down made it impossible to look for a job, then my mental and also physical health took a hit. I am now slowly getting a handle on my health issues, and hope to be able to start looking for a job again.

In Our World

joannebarbarella's picture

China has already declared economic war on Australia. Our coal exports have been banned from entering the country on the spurious grounds that it is radio-active, although this is about to backfire on them because they are suddenly short of coal for the northern winter. Barley has had extreme tariffs imposed to make it uneconomic for Chinese brewers to buy, ditto with our wine and our lobsters are supposedly contaminated with a disease never before detected in Australia.

It seems that attitudes in the Feminista world are no different in that China thinks it can intimidate and throw its weight around in countries which it thinks should be subservient to The Middle Kingdom.

Good for Julie

Jamie Lee's picture

Those who started the movement to gain the ruling hand and keep men ignorant and forced to be surgically sterilized. If a boy showed intelligence, they were surgically altered to become women.

What they never took into consideration was that once women took over running everything, they became exactly what they accused men of being. Also, women actually became slave owners because of how they treated men. There were curfews for men, men couldn't own anything, especially land, and they had to be accompanied by a woman if they went somewhere. And, if some women kicked a man's butt for whatever reason, he must have deserved it.

Charlie was saved by his mom from the forced sterilization. Because he had to quit school at a certain age he went on to do his own learning and came up with Dawn. All based on his own math, which no one else can follow. Imagine what Charlie could have done had he been allowed to continue his schooling. But would Dawn have been developed?

Charlie being a male, was painted with the same brush used to paint all men. As many women have learned, Charlie is not like all men. Not be a long shot. He abhors violence. He doesn't go out of his way to mistreat others. He considers the opinion of women around him. And he forgives when he's been slighted--sort of. He was a bit pissed when a sniper tried to kill him, but he wasn't that upset as he and Julie used Dawn to help rearrange that Chinese held island.

There's a line in Animal Farm that is apt for this story. If you've read it then you know the animals have taken over the farm and kicked out the farmer and his wife. At the end of the story the animals hear the pigs loudly arguing with the humans they were playing cards with. As the animals looked through the kitchen window, they looked from the pigs to the men, back to the pigs then to the men, and realized they couldn't tell the difference.

Others have feelings too.

Good for Julie

Jamie Lee's picture

Those who started the movement to gain the ruling hand and keep men ignorant and forced to be surgically sterilized. If a boy showed intelligence, they were surgically altered to become women.

They had no idea, or even cared, how such drastic measures would affect many men. So it's good that Charlie was willing to have a surgery that would give Julie at least a chance at fatherhood.

What they never took into consideration was that once women took over running everything, they became exactly what they accused men of being. Also, women actually became slave owners because of how they treated men. There were curfews for men, men couldn't own anything, especially land, and they had to be accompanied by a woman if they went somewhere. And, if some women kicked a man's butt for whatever reason, he must have deserved it.

Charlie was saved by his mom from the forced sterilization. Because he had to quit school at a certain age he went on to do his own learning and came up with Dawn. All based on his own math, which no one else can follow. Imagine what Charlie could have done had he been allowed to continue his schooling. But would Dawn have been developed?

Charlie being a male, was painted with the same brush used to paint all men. As many women have learned, Charlie is not like all men. Not be a long shot. He abhors violence. He doesn't go out of his way to mistreat others. He considers the opinion of women around him. And he forgives when he's been slighted--sort of. He was a bit pissed when a sniper tried to kill him, but he wasn't that upset as he and Julie used Dawn to help rearrange that Chinese held island.

There's a line in Animal Farm that is apt for this story. If you've read it then you know the animals have taken over the farm and kicked out the farmer and his wife. At the end of the story the animals hear the pigs loudly arguing with the humans they were playing cards with. As the animals looked through the kitchen window, they looked from the pigs to the men, back to the pigs then to the men, and realized they couldn't tell the difference.

Others have feelings too.