Ladies Room

Printer-friendly version

This is a drabble (100 word long story) that provides a glimpse into a defining moment between a pair of siblings.

Ladies Room
Copyright 2011 by Heather Rose Brown
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"Aren't you going to finish your soda?" Margie asked when I started standing.

"I can't drink any more. I need to use the restroom," I answered.

"Actually, so do I," my sister said as she paid the tip.

"Okay. I'll wait for you in the car."

"Why not not use the ladies room here?"

I just mutely stared at her.

"La--urie, you've acted more like a lady this afternoon than many of the women I've met in there."

Before I could respond, Margie stood and took my hand, then led me to what had been, up until then, forbidden territory.

up
111 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

defining moment, indeed

be wonderful to have a sister like that.

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Oh for a sibling like this

Although my 72 year old brother seems to be doing well so far. He and I seem to get on better now he understands that he has, and aways did have, a sister - and I have a greater sense of humour since I gave up having to act a part.

S.

Love that!

Andrea Lena's picture

...I can only hope that someday my brothers get to to know Andrea as well. And thanks to Heather for a nice reminder that things can be better!


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Ladies Room

Simply beautiful

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I don't get it?

WebDeb's picture

This has never been an issue for me.

I've used the "ladies" toilets and only been treated with kindness.

Is this a gender problem?

Don'tforget the fairer sex is more tolerant.

Thank you!

Hi everyone! I'd like to thank you for all the great comments and kudos. Based on my own experience, I've learned finding acceptance from someone you love is pretty special. :)