Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 118

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Falling Off A Bike.
by Bonzi's Mum,
part 118?

Monica was smiling at me and I tried to avoid eye contact, perhaps not the best thing to do.

"Yes, very pretty," she repeated and I could almost sense her licking her lips.

"I'm feeling a bit cold, I think I'd like to go back in now." I said but she stood in the way.

"We could always go up to our suite if you need to freshen up, you looked awfully pale in there, is it wise to go back there?"

"Yes I think so, I didn't sleep too well last night, bad dream woke me up." And a nightmare is stood in front of me now, I thought to myself.

"You could always come up and have a little nap, yes why don't you. Stella and Henry will chat for hours, they always do."

"I'm fine thank you Monica, besides if I sleep now, I won't tonight."

"You don't need to sleep, I could give you little massage, you feel so tense," she squeezed my shoulder, "you need to relax a little, massage is great for that, ask Stella."

I felt my insides knot and I wanted to cringe. I have nothing against other people and what pops their buttons, but Monica did nothing for me, even with a nose job. I looked at my watch, "Goodness is that the time, I've got to call the hospital to see how my father is."

"I see," Monica frowned at me, "So pretty," she sighed and I stepped around her and walked back into the hotel.

I called Southmead Hospital and was told that my father had the virus, my stomach churned, "Is there anything I can do?" I asked the nurse.

"Keep away for a week or so, we'll let you know if anything happens,"

"What! Is anything likely to happen?" I felt quite anxious now.

"No of course not, but people who have had strokes can be susceptible to other things and these D and V bugs, can make them quite poorly."

"But he's hardly elderly, he's only in his fifties, surely that makes a difference."

"Yes of course, look Miss Watts, I'm not trying to alarm you I'm only trying to let you know that things can happen sometimes."

"Yeah, okay, thanks I suppose. You have my mob...." I realised she'd rung off before I'd finished.

"Troubles Cathy?" asked the predatory Monica, "Anything I can do to help?"

"Not really, my dad's caught a sickness bug at the hospital, Noro virus or something."

"Oh dear, I am sorry. Is he very poorly?"

"A bit, he had a stroke about a month ago, so he needed this like bang on the head."

"Indeed," she put her arm around mine and pulled me gently back towards the restaurant, "come and have a drink and relax, worrying won't make him feel any better and it will only put lines on that flawless face."

"Eh?" I asked not having listened to a word she said.

We entered the dining area and Henry and Stella were still in animated conversation, so much so they didn't hear or see us arrive. Monica grabbed a bottle of red wine and poured the two of us a glass each. I sipped a couple of mouthfuls and allowed the precious fluid to frolic on my tastebuds before it vanished down my throat.

"Nice wine," I said quietly.

"Yes we like nice things, Cathy." She beamed a smile at me and I felt like saying, 'that I wasn't on offer, I was spoken for.' Of course I didn't because, maybe Henry didn't know about his wife, I wouldn't like to be the one who broke the news. Besides, who am I to throw stones? However, it didn't encourage me to want to make my relationship with Simon long term, unless he could somehow warn her off? How do you say that to your boyfriend? I spent the next ten minutes winding that around my mind while savouring the delicious red wine.

"Oh you're back!" exclaimed Stella noticing me at last.

"I have been back here drinking this delicious wine for the past twenty minutes."

"You like the wine?" asked Henry.

"It's gorgeous," I said now on my second, or was it third, glass?

He gestured to a waiter and said something quietly to him, the waiter nodded and disappeared. Then he looked at his watch and said, "Get your stuff Monica, we need to head back to town."

She did as she was told and then he stood up and hugged and kissed his daughter, and then I got the same treatment. I was a little tiddly by this time and giggled as he kissed my cheek. Then when Monica embraced and kissed Stella, I giggled some more, stopping abruptly when she grabbed me and kissed me on the cheek, whispering, "Next time perhaps?" I nearly fell over.

On the drive back, I asked Stella if I could ask a personal question.

"Oh do, they're often the best sort."

"Is your step-mother, you know, erm?" I blushed embarrassed even thinking about it.

"Is she gay?" sighed Stella, "She didn't try it on did she?"

"Not in so many words," I blushed to the roots of my hair.

"You'd have been such a disappointment to her," she said dismissively and then threw me a smirk. That did it, I giggled so much I got hiccups.

Back at my room, she told me to collect up my stuff and come back to the cottage.

"I can't do that, I'm over the limit."

"I'll drive," she said.

"How will I get back?"

"I'll drop you off tomorrow when I go into work."

"What about Simon?"

"Nah, he's still in hospital," she piped and began throwing my clothes into a bag.

"I'm supposed to go back to see him."

"When?"

"Tonight."

"You're joking?"

"No, I promised him I'd stop by and see him again tonight."

"That means I have to take you to the hospital and then bring you on to the cottage?"

"No, I'll get a taxi back here."

"You are not staying here another night."

"Why, I know who it was and what the noise was, so it doesn't worry me now."

"You don't know who wrote these fucking things though do you, Miss Clever Dick?" She picked up the bag of anonymous letters.

"I'm sure they'll get fed up when they see I'm ignoring them."

"What if they don't and decide to step up their campaign?"

"What go to the papers?"

"I erm, hadn't actually thought of that Cathy, but yes, what if they do go to the papers?"

"What were you thinking of Stella?" My mind felt a little muddled from the alcohol.

"It doesn't matter," she continued shovelling my stuff into a bag.

"Yes it does," the room was feeling a bit unsteady.

"Why have you gone green Cat....? Oh shit, quickly the toilet." She grabbed me and practically pushed me down the toilet, "Not on the dress, oh bugger!"

It was over an hour later that I appeared at Simon's bedside probably feeling more sick than he did. "What happened to you?" he asked looking me up and down.

"Your step-mother," I said pinching his water to pop another aspirin.

"Monica?"

"Yes, she got me tiddly and I was sick." I blushed and the room began to move a bit. I sat down quickly but that jolted my head. I held it in my hands.

"Did she, erm do anything else?" he asked and was blushing when I finally looked up.

"Why didn't you warn me?" I would have slapped him if he hadn't been injured and I hadn't felt so sick.

"I hoped she'd have got the point by realising that we're an item. Did she embarrass you horribly?"

"A bit, why?"

"She is bonkers."

"Since when is being gay, bonkers?" I felt even more muddled now.

"She is bisexual and sort of nympho, she'll sleep with anything."

"What even a tranny like me?" I was surprised.

He grabbed hold of my hand and looking me in the eye said, "Cathy, you're a woman, period. It ain't up for discussion, got that?"

"Is that because it could embarrass you?" I don't know why I said that. It sort of fell out of my mouth.

"No it wouldn't actually, because I love you."

"What as I am? A freak?"

"You are no freak, you are the woman I love and while we can't consumate that love just yet, we will one day."

I stared deep into his eyes and almost fell into them. I don't know if time stopped or just my heart because his eyes were the only thing in my consciousness, I felt him drawing my mind out of my head and into his heart, filling it with this special warmth and love and sending it back to me. It made my head feel very strange, light yet full of this warmth.

"Kiss me," I managed to say, and he pulled me down to his lips.

up
182 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

OMGG

A bi/nympho step mother-in-law.

Brilliant, Angharad, I don't think even Les Dawson could have dreamed that one up!

Hugs,
Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Out of the blue

I have to admit I didn't see that one coming.

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

Cathy is definitely female.

Only women get pissed as readily as that. Although my darling SO is fine on a pint of draught bitter, (of which she is a connoisseur :) ) anything more and she's anybody's. So to be ill on 3 glasses of wine - decent stuff at that - seems truly girly. So she passes with flying colours.

I admit, I'm disappointed that Monica is merely a predatory bi-sexual rather than a predatory transsexual but it's still very entertaining. Even though the penultimate paragraph may be just a trifle purple, Angarahad's entitled to a few flights of fancy. Lovely stuff ... more please.

Geoff

Purple, Perhaps

Purple, perhaps, precious possibly. Prefer perfectly palpably plummy. Perfect!

Pippa
~~~~~

Purple prose?

Angharad's picture

That's for the Mills & Boon readership! I try to cater for all tastes. 8)

hugs,

Angharad.

Angharad

Only women?

It takes about three glasses of red wine and I'm out of my tree - four cans of lager and I have trouble standing - four pints of ale (real stuff) and I'm out of the game (er, that's not cumulative any ONE of the aforementioned beverages, not all three. Mixing them and I'm sick too). I'm six three, fifteen stone (210 pounds), definitely male and don't normally drink, so I don't think it's necessarily a girly trait to get sloshed on so small an amount.

I used to drink loads (although, I always knew when I'd had enough - I'd fall over), but then it dawned on me that waking up with a steam hammer going off in my head wasn't actually as good as the night before and after a while, I started to wonder whether the night before was worth the morning after.

Ah well, to each their own eh?

Nick

PS

Blinding episode Angharad!

wellll...

kristina l s's picture

.... I have to say that them hormone thingies do have an effect. I used to able to 'drink' and did... many times. Never forgot and always kept it together... well ok, I admit the odd, ah toilet episode, with or without one. After some years on hormones there is no way. Yes Im a wee bit older, but not so much and if I even tried to repeat a few past episodes I'd probably drop dead. Nor do I wish to. Funny how that goes too. I may not be quite as succeptible as Cathy, but... how big were those glasses?? Ooohhh, I like a nish red...

um...Krishtina... ithink.

Re: Not Just Women

The most alcohol-sensitive person I ever met was a friend of mine from work. I had known the man several years. We were in different departments but had similar jobs and our paths crossed frequently, and we both had similar attitudes towards our superiors. So, we got to be friends, but just at work, so we had never been out together for anything, not to have a beverage with a meal or knock back a few after work.

We ended up part of a large team that was responsible for doing the technical work for moving 400 people and computers 60 miles, including both of our departments. At the conclusion of the move, the team, about 25 strong, convened to congratulate itself, and a bottle of champagne and a bag of paper cups appeared. That worked out to about one ounce per person. After a few sips, it rapidly became clear that my friend had something seriously wrong with him. At first we thought he was joking around, pretending to be drunk. Then, it dawned on me, that he was having some kind of drug-like reaction. It wasn't ordinary intoxication. I had to take away his car keys and drive him back to his hotel.

It turns out you need certain enzymes and things to be able to metabolize alcohol. The metabolization involves several steps. Some ethnic groups are more likely to have individuals lacking one or more of the enzymes, so they get drunk faster and stay that way longer. Among these are Native Americans and Chinese. And, as noted, some of these enzymes are less active in women. My friend was a basic, pasty white male of middle-European/Semitic stock. That lowers the chance it was just a metabolic deficiency, but what he apparently experienced was even more profound than amplified drunkenness, bordering on a central-nervous-system allergy to alcohol itself (or possibly to one of the 300 or so additives allowed unlabelled in domestic U.S. wine), and not to the metabolic by-products that make the rest of us ill.

Smashed out of his gourd, on a tablespoon or so of domestic champagne! Easily a world record. He recovered by the next morning, with no memory of the severity of his incapacitation.

Not that bad

Oh I'm not that bad, but bad enough that an evening can last as little as an hour or two and then I have to stop.

There was a guy where I worked who would get very amusing after part of a glass of wine, but then he didn't drink - at all otherwise.

I think regularity has a lot to do with it. You can get used to the effects, harden to it I suppose and is something I will have to get used to again after we move to France. That and very strong coffee!

Nick

I have no idea what my tolerance might be...

Cuz I can't even stand the smell of alcohol, nor the taste of it when used for cooking. There've been times that I've had food prepared with alcohol with other flavors so much stronger that no one else even detects it, and in a single bite I know it's there and cannot even imagine taking another bite. The first time, I think I was like 10 or so, and we were eating out at an Appleby's... supposed to be family-friendly dining and such... We ordered some sort of fish, and it was beer-batter. Nobody else noticed anything odd about it, I told my mother that it tasted strange and I didn't like it, she took another bite and concentrated on the taste, and then asked a waitress if the fish was beer-batter... lo and behold... it was. This was a very strange thing, by the way, me refusing to eat ANY kind of seafood. I've always loved fish, and shrimp, and so on.

Ever since then, I've always been able to detect a certain flavor that ANY kind of alcohol-based cooking has, wine, beer, whiskey, vodka, doesn't matter; and that flavor is the same one that turned me off from that fish ages ago.

I almost gag on mouthwash. Yes, my distaste for alcohol is THAT bad.

I've worked on various cleaning crews for years now, latest being grounds-keeping at an apartment complex about 10 miles from my house, back when doing buses, I could tell when a bus had been up to one of the casinos standing about 5 feet from the door, with the door closed. Those buses always came back trashed by drunks, alcohol of all description spilled everywhere and loads of vomit. I literally had to hold my breath while on those buses and get off every couple minutes to breath.

Now, on grounds-keeping, I can always tell when people had a beer-bash the night before... I can smell it well before I see the evidence.

Real funny thing is, I don't normally have that sensitive a nose, I can clean with seriously strong bleach mixtures with nary a thought, but put me anywhere near alcohol...

Abigail Drew.

Randy step-mum

I wish Betty Marsden were still alive - she would be a marvellous Monica if Radio 4 had the sense to serialise Cathy's misadventures. Thanks Angharad, this is the wittiest thing I've read for ages.
Rod

Sinisterpenguin

How nice to make a Cameo

And here it was I thought we had never met before but Monica. is dead on just call her Desiree and its me. Must be why my 17 year old will not bring her friends home anymore. Though I would hope that Cathy would find me a little friendlier.

I feel so honored even though Monica was probably not modeled after me

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

lesbian ?

I'm going to need help here, what is it called when a lesbian has sex with a man who looks like a hot babe who doesn't like women ,but likes men? I have a headache again
Great situations, Our girl better be careful, she drinks to much and tosses her cookies, crys when the wind blows, and thinks she looks like the south end of a northbound mule. (How's that for an American expression? I know there's some fellow Yanks out there.) love doing that (), ()
Cefin