Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 2588

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 2588
by Angharad

Copyright© 2015 Angharad

  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

This is a work of fiction any mention of real people, places or institutions is purely coincidental and does not imply that they are as suggested in the story.
@@@@@

David did jacket potatoes for dinner—that is jacket potatoes with trousers, waistcoats, shirts, ties, underwear and shoes and socks. To say the spread was sumptuous would be an understatement. Personally, I think he was out to impress Helen and it worked. When Si and Sammi came home, yes she decided to escort her dad in case there was any trouble—he’s twice her size—he asked what was for dinner. I told him jacket spuds. He said quite loudly, “Jacket spuds—I thought we had a chef here.”

“I think you should see the food before you try to rate it.”

“That sounds like you know something I don’t.”

“I think I can honestly say I know lots of things you don’t, and you probably know things I don’t. One of mine is never to underrate David’s cooking—the man is a genius. Now go and change and bring down your appetite because you’re going to need one to do dinner justice.”

An hour later he was groaning because he’d eaten too much. Danni was looking at her lap—I suspect she was texting. A moment later she was asking to leave the table and then she walked through the kitchen with Kiki.

“Where are you taking the dog?” I asked.

“She wants to go out,” she replied blushing.

“She does or you do?”

“She does.” The blush got redder.

“Sent you text did she?”

“Yeah—um, I mean no—she’s a dog, Mummy.” If the blush got any redder there wouldn’t be enough blood in her body to keep her brain supplied with oxygen.

“I knew you’d notice eventually.”

“Be careful, we don’t know who is about.”

“I will,” she rolled her eyes.

“I mean it, girl. There are some very nasty types around.”

“Okay—okay, I know there are.”

“You don’t want to take Livvie as a bodyguard?”

“Ha ha, very funny—I don’t think.”

As soon as she’d gone outside I called Trish to go up stairs and see who she met using the image intensifier—it was now dark outside. She and Livvie charged upstairs frightening one kitten who shot into the kitchen, jumped onto the draining board, slipped and fell into the bowl of water in the sink. Flew out of that and fell into the swing top bin. If we’d filmed it and sent it to Youtube it would have clocked up thousands of hits in a few hours. It was so funny—until in her efforts to get out of the bin she knocked it over and came rushing out covered in all sorts of debris, including a plastic bag round her neck and a paper bag over her head. A moment later she ran into the table leg and stunned herself.

I managed to grab her and disentangle her from the refuse, and while she was still a bit disoriented wiped her over with a damp cloth to reduce the risk of her smelling like a bin liner.

Trish came back and reported that Danni was talking to some girl she’d let into the drive—they’d gone into my bike shed. I asked her who the girl was but she said she couldn’t say, but it wasn’t Cindy. My curiosity piqued I grabbed my coat and slipped out of the door.

A few moments later I’d stolen out to the shed and heard voices. I decided the easiest way to identify the caller was to just casually walk in—assuming they hadn’t locked the door. Amazingly, they hadn’t and as I waltzed in calling, “You pumping up your tyres, Danielle?” the two of them turned and faced me.

“You’ve plenty of neck, young woman,” I said to the visitor.

“Um—hello—um—Dr Watts.” The girl said blushing and avoiding eye contact.

“Care to explain what you’re doing here before I call the police and report your breach of parole.” I brandished my mobile phone.

“I came to say I was sorry, perhaps I’d better go.”

“I think that might be a good idea.”

“Mummy, I’d like to talk to her.”

“After what she did to you?”

“I didn’t die did I—an’ I got to play for England, which I wouldn’t if I ’adn’t ’ad the surgery.”

“You very nearly died—did you know that? Also you didn’t know that the surgeon would be able to furnish you with a vagina and vulvae, you might have ended up like her or worse—dead.”

“But I didn’t, did I?”

“Only because Mr O’Rourke was duty surgeon.”

“I knew that,” said Pia.

“Knew what?” I demanded.

“O’Rourke was working that day.”

“Who gave you the right to take my son away?”

“Saved you the bother of changing him into a girl.”

“How dare you?”

“You made him stay as a girl for a month.”

“That was meant to put him off.”

“Didn’t exactly work, did it?”

I could feel my colour rising but not from embarrassment rather from vexation and frustration. Part of me wanted to pick this weirdo up and throw her over the drive gates.

“No because someone with a penknife decided to cut her up in a rather delicate place. You nearly killed my son.”

“She was never in that great a danger.”

“Don’t tell me you had the expertise to create a vagina and so forth...”

“Can’t be that hard, dissecting the other bits was easy enough, except...”

“Dissection usually is easy, it’s destructive and a one off process.”

“No it ain’t.”

“I suspect I’ve done more dissection than you, I’m a biologist if you recall.”

“Yeah, so? Done any on still alive things?”

“Don’t be disgusting, you siwwly wittle boy.”

“I’m a girl now remember—I don’t have any nuts.”

“Since when did that constitute being a girl?”

“How about since you did it?”

“Don’t talk to my mum like that,” Danni said forcefully.

“But it’s true, she has her balls cut off and is a proper lady, I cut mine off and I’m a nothing. It’s not fair.”

“I think there’s a bit more in being female than mere absence of male gonads.” I decided I’d talk this through with her then send her away if she promised not to return—ever. If she didn’t promise or broke her word, I’d report her to the police and she’d be rearrested. I didn’t want her anywhere near Danielle.

“That’s all Danni has—no balls.”

“If that’s what you think, you clearly have no concept of the damage you did to her or even to yourself, nor do you understand anything about gender identity and those of us who’ve suffered because of it.”

“Yes I do, I sorted it for her to get her gender changed, didn’t I?”

“No you didn’t, you just made it nigh on impossible for her to remain as a boy without years of constructive surgery.”

“Same thing innit?”

“No, Danielle could have stayed as a boy without her genitalia but it would have made participation in sport—her raison d’être—very difficult. She’d also have needed testosterone injections regularly.”

“Well it didn’t stop Lance Armstrong, did it?”

“Don’t try to be clever, you could have destroyed Danielle.”

“But I didn’t did I—an’ she went on to play for England—bet she wouldn’ta if she’d stayed a boy.”

“You can’t possibly know that...” I was feeling quite riled, my phone buzzed in my hand. I looked at it.

‘Mum b careful sum1 out in drive. Tx’

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
241 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I must learn...

... how to hang from cliffs. We've just reached another one.

Thanks for the continuation.

It's easy.

You just have to ignore the pain in your finger nails ... that is if you still have any after reading Bike for any length of time :)

Robi

She's In Need of Serious Help

littlerocksilver's picture

However, I don't think Pia is salvageable. I don't see anything but disaster ahead.

Portia

A setup?

Pia working with tabloid? Need guards for the family. Hope Trish brings reinforcements.

That was my first thought

Sammi's picture

That was my first thought as well, seems like too much of a co-inky-dink Pia arrives on the scene.
and the mysterious stranger?

As to reinforcements I'd guess Jim and/or Chaz and Dave might be lurking close by.


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

sounds like a jealous cow

sounds like a jealous cow might have sold Danielle's story to the tabloids, intruder might be a reporter.

Given the state of mind of

Given the state of mind of that ... person ... a reporter would be the least dangrous of the posibilities.
Jealous as she is, she wants Danielle to be as devastated as she is herself. And obviously, she doesn't mind using physical harm to achieve that.

Cathy should be calling the

Cathy should be calling the police now and not waiting. Pia will NEVER change, nor will he apologize for the totally unprovoked applied to Danni. The reason being is s/he does not believe s/he did anything wrong; and it was something Danni wanted.
I agree with Trish, Cathy needs to be extra careful, because she doesn't know who the other people might be.

Never argue with idiots.

They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

This sounds too conveniently........

D. Eden's picture

Like a set up to me.

Good thing Trish was watching. Now let's just hope she has the good sense to call for help!

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

I had this feeling...

I had this feeling I should wait to this evening to catch up.. *sighs* Another cliff.

I wonder if there's maybe a "wire" on Pia... The kid obviously still has problems... I wonder if the kid's gotten hooked up with someone trying to destroy Cathy and family (and resents Danni's success) and either was contacted by or contacted a tabloid, etc...

One thing that is a tad surprising is that Pia's number wasn't blocked.... No, Pia probably used someone else's phone to contact Danni. *sighs* Not a good situation here. I hope it turns out for the best.

Thanks,
Annette

I dunno!

Just got back from a long weekend of (Well never mind,) - and straight into a cliff-hanger. Dammit Ang, give a girl a break, I'm supposed to be recovering until Thursday!!!

Still lovin' it mind.

bev_1.jpg

I did wonder

when Pia would show up again, Talk about bad pennies ! That girl is not to be trusted and the sooner Pia is off the scene the better for all concerned.... Danni really ought to have known better than to have met her erstwhile friend, Thankfully though Cathy was still on high alert and followed her daughter, Which given the the presence of someone unknown on the drive is perhaps no bad thing...

Kirri