The Omega Unicorn Chronicles Book 2 Summer Vacation Ch. 42

Printer-friendly version

The Summer Vacation
Chapter 42

Written by rachel76m
Edited by Don Kaufman


Cherokee-lands.jpg
forest-cabin04.jpg
sunrise02.jpg

I look around me to see where I’m at. I see I’m in the flower garden in heaven again. I walk to the familiar bench and see two people there. I immediately recognize the two people standing there. I run to mom and dad quickly. Once we are within reach of each other, we start hugging each other fiercely. Tears come down our eyes. It felt like an eternity before we broke apart and sit on the benches.

I’m sitting in between them on the benches. They have their arms around me.

“It’s good to see you both again.”

“It is the same for us my son, or should I say daughter?”

“Actually, I’m still your son. I give birth to fairies, not people like us, dad.”

“I’m still trying to understand that part about giving birth to fairies. I met Caliber the unicorn and some of his fairies here. They tried to explain why the Creator chose you and what your purpose will be in the years to come.”

“Well, I was told I will have a life mate with me until the Ultimate Last Battle. She will eventually find me.”

“She will find you, Richard. Don’t worry about it for now. Just get yourself under control this summer break. We’ll be here if you need us. Hopefully you’ll see your brothers the next time you’re up here.”

“Thanks, mom and dad. That means a lot to me.”

“You will also find out who sent that plane into us. I wish we can tell you, but we were told you must figure it out on your own.”

“I understand dad.” We hug each other again to confirm each other’s presence.

“Just take it day by day as you learn your new role in life.”

“But I won’t be able to help the people who need it the most. I mean we still have that cartel-border problem for example. Too many people have died there.”

“I know Richard. We have met some of the innocent people up here. They tell us these gangs are ruthless. They have killed more than 100,000 people so far. As soon as one gang is gone, another gang replaces it. You might be the one who will end it.”

“Perhaps I will, dad. But I will need additional training and earn my last two belt degrees. I need to know more about my new self and what I can or cannot do. The Wizard said I can do my own magic. It has been there since I was changed. I will need practice with it. I don’t want to hurt innocent people in the process.”

“You’ll figure it out, Richard.”

“Well, it is time for you to go back.”

“I understand mom and dad. It is good to see you both together again. I will take care of the cabin really well.”

We hug each other again.

“I know you will, Richard. We’ll be watching you from up here.”

“We love you very much.”

“I love you both very much as well.”

I then find myself slipping through the ground. We wave to each other as I leave them. I turn around and fly back to the cabin. I enter my body and look up at the ceiling. There are some tears coming down the sides of my face. Thank you for letting see them again, Maker.

You’re welcome, Richard.

~~~000~~~

I wake up on the bed and look at the ceiling one more time. I turn my head to look at the clock on a night stand. I see it is 6 A.M.. I’m still on Twainor time. That’s not too bad. Sarah and Anna will be here at 9 A.M.. Well, let’s get up and get ready. I need a hot shower this morning.

I take the covers off of me. I swing my legs around and sit on the edge of the bed. I still see Amber and Cobalt under their covers. I see them stirring to wake up.

“You can stay there, Amber and Cobalt. It is day break. I need to take a shower.”

“Okay, Richard. It’s too bad we won’t be able to see ourselves glow golden again. That’s unless we visit Twainor again.”

“That will be the likely situation, Amber and Cobalt. We’ll make the best of it.”

I pour some water into a small bowl for them to use to get themselves cleaned up. I place a small piece of mom’s flower scented soap next to the bowl. I open their boxes. I find their wash cloths in one of them. I take both of them out and put it near the soap piece.

I leave my bedroom and walk into the bathroom and close the door behind me. I turn on the water and create a nice hot shower. I wash and shampoo my hair first and rinse it. I then use the soap and wash cloth to get myself really clean. I check my face in the shower mirror. I still don’t see any hair growth on my face. “Nice, I still don’t need to shave my face.” Once I rinse myself off, I turn off the water and move the curtain to the side. I grab a towel to dry myself off. I comb my hair to make it look neat.

I walk back into my room. I still see them lying under their covers. I take out my clothes for the day. I put the light corset on. It will give me an excuse to explain to Anna and Sarah why I’m wearing a corset.

I don’t put the armor and padding on. I get myself normally dressed as if I’m going to school. Once I’m dressed, I grab Amber and Cobalt’s food bag and put it on the dining table. I put a plate and a paper napkin next to it. I then take two small cups from the cupboard. I pour some mountain water from the special tap my dad built near the sink into the cups.

Now I look in the cupboards to see what I can make for my own breakfast. All I see is cereal that I bought yesterday plus a few other pantry items like a selection of spices that I like. There are some canned goods there, but I need to save them for later. I take a can of chicken and vegetables out and put it on the counter. I take down two plastic containers to put the leftovers into it. I close the cupboard doors then I open the fridge and the freezer. I see some fish and chicken in the freezer. I close the door. I open the fridge, I take the loaf of bread out, I remove two slices from it, tie the bag and put it back in the fridge.

I take an apple from the fridge and place it on the counter. I’m going to have to buy some nuts and small fruits for Amber and Cobalt. That food bag won’t last long. If I’m going to have cereal with milk or even eggs, they will need a good explanation for them. I never saw the people of Twainor use eggs and milk in their meals. Fortunately I only eat fish and bird that are easy to do. I cut the lids to the cans with an automatic can opener. Then I drain the water from the cans. I dole out some chicken and vegetables onto a glass plate. I sprinkle some Italian spices on it to liven it up some. I put the leftovers into their own separate plastic containers and put them in the fridge. I put the two slices of bread into the toaster and the plate into the microwave. I set the timer to warm the plate up and push the knob down to the toaster. Soon the room is filled with the aroma of my first meal in the cabin.

Amber and Cobalt fly into the kitchen. “Good morning, Richard.”

“Good morning Amber and Cobalt. I put out your food bag on the table. There is a plate there for you to use. I poured out some water for you in those two small cups.”

“Thank you, Richard.” They sit down near the plate.

“Thank you for being thoughtful to us. That flower scented soap is really nice. Is that one of your flowers here on Earth?”

“It is, Amber. It actually belonged to my mom. I’ll make sure there is a good selection to choose from while we are here.”

“You use money to make purchases, isn’t that right, Richard?”

“It is, Cobalt.” Then we hear the ‘ding’ to the microwave oven. I open it and take out the plate. The toaster pops up the bread slices. I put them on the plate. I bring it over to the table. I then reach for the apple and place it down next to it. I fill a larger glass with the mountain water for me to drink.

I sit down on the chair at the table. Amber and Cobalt take out what they want to eat for their first morning meal on Earth. Croin flies in and sits on a nearby shelf. He becomes small in size to be comfortable sitting near the books.

I give the morning thanks to the Creator and Maker of the Universe. “Creator, we just want to thank you for all of your wonderful blessings. I learned last night I can do my own magic. I will try some spells to see what I can do. Thank you for bringing Croin into my life. Let him help me, my fairies and the other First Ones who are left on Earth. Thank you for this food you have provided for us. Let it give us the strength we need to do your work each day. Thank you, Maker.”

Amber, Cobalt and Croin respond with “Thank you, Maker.”

We eat the morning repast slowly as we think and talk about many things.

“I can smell that aroma from your meal, Richard. It is different from Twainor.”

“It is, Cobalt. This is the Italian herb group. There are several different herbs. The main three are oregano, basil and marjoram. All three of them can be grown in a small garden. There are other herbs as well. I can imagine having a green house built next to the cabin here.”

“What is a green house?”

“A green house comes in various sizes and shapes. It allows you to grow plants in an enclosed building. It looks like that butterfly zoo you saw yesterday. It allows you to grow sensitive plants during the winters or even year round.”

“That would be great to see on Twainor. The winters have always been tough on growing food during that time.”

“It is the same here, Amber.”

We continue to eat the morning repast.

“Do we think can grow these nuts and seeds, Richard?”

“Do you know how big they get? Can they stay as a potted plant?”

Cobalt holds up a seed. “This seed can grow in a pot. This nut grows into a very large tree.”

“Hmm . . . That nut will be a problem. We’ll try some seeds to see what we get. Do you know the soil that will be needed for them?”

“We’ll have to experiment with your soils, Richard. These small fruits produce small bushes.”

“That will be easy to take care of. We have several fruits like that. We have the blueberry, the blackberry and the strawberry. You’ll have to be careful with the blueberry. The juice can stain clothes. I will try a cleaning spell to see if it works. This fruit I’m holding in my hand is an apple. Here, let me cut off a small piece for you.” I cut off a small piece from the apple. “The skin is edible as well. The seed grows into a medium height tree.”

Amber and Cobalt try a piece of apple. “This is sweet, Richard. It tastes very good.”

“I like it, Richard.”

“There are many varieties of apples. Some will be tart and a little sour. Some will have different skin colors like pink, yellow, green and shades of red. This one is called the red delicious apple. I like it because it is sweet and has that apple flavor. Our horses on Earth like to eat apples when they can. Their main food is hay, grass, oats, carrots, grains and water. It is similar to the grains on Twainor.”

We finish eating our morning repast. I take their plate along with mine. I wash them immediately in the sink with soap and water. I place them on the rack to air dry them. When I get done with that, I hear a knock on the back door to the rear porch. I walk over to it. I look out the window and see Crouching Bear waiting for me. I open to greet him.

“Good morning, Crouching Bear.”

“Good morning, Richard. You must come to the pond. You’ll like what happened last night.”

Amber and Cobalt fly out through the door. I close the door behind me. We walk about seventy-five yards to the pond. The pond is a natural body of water here. It is oval in shape that is about fifty feet by twenty feet. We see some braves knee deep in the water. They take a string and weight to measure the depth of the pond in the center. We see a string of good size fresh trout hanging nearby. Each one is about eight inches long. There are twelve on the string.

“From the look at the string of fish, we have been blessed by Eingana.”

“We certainly have, Richard. What is the depth, Red Fox?”

“The depth is about 20 feet. The water is warm to the touch.”

“Warm?” I bend down to my knees and touch the water with my hands. The fairies do the same thing. I then stand back up. “It is warm. Usually it is cold. It appears she has tapped a spring source to keep it fresh. The water stream that is coming into the pond comes from an exposed part of a rocky mountain side. That is where my dad found the source for the fresh water.”

“Yes it appears as such, Richard. This indeed is a great blessing from the Creator. You can see from the out flowing stream it is slightly deeper in flow. Your grade level of the stream is gradual to the down stream pond on our lands.”

“That means, the local fish have found a summer site and a wintering site to migrate back and forth to.”

“That’s correct, Richard. During the winters, they would migrate further downstream that is much further away and join a major stream near Cherokee. Now they have an alternative location when we get the brutal winters sometimes.”

“Yes, they do, Crouching Bear and Red Fox. We’ll have to keep watch on the numbers. They need food to live here. I think a strand of local green plants will work really well at the incoming mouth.”

“Yes, then they have a source of food that gets associated with it. It will also provide cover for them as well. We’ll have to do a water sample at the bottom to make sure there are enough nutrients coming in at the source.”

“That will have to done, Crouching Bear. It will be a good teaching lesson for your brothers and sisters who are taking college or university courses.”

“Yes, thank you for the idea, Richard. I’ll contact our college outreach program. We do have some brothers and sisters who are interested in learning more about the land and taking care of it properly.”

“It is possible that a spring source was there all along. It was probably separated by a layer of rock to prevent that connection.”

“That’s another good idea, Richard. We’ll take some sonar readings to verify this profile.”

We then hear a honk on a car horn. “Honk!”

“Well, I need to back inside. Anna and Sarah are here to start my check up and getting a start on protecting me legally.”

“We’ll then let you be. Have a great week, Richard.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll be there at your Planting Festival. Where should I meet you first?”

“Come to our headquarters on Thursday morning at 8 A.M.. That is the start of the opening ceremonies.”

“Then I’ll make my plans to be there. Have a great week my friends.”

“You too as well, Richard.”

We put a hand to each other shoulders while we smile at each other. I turn around and walk back to the cabin. Amber and Cobalt are sitting on my shoulders. As soon as I get on the porch, we see some fairies coming toward us from the forest. It is King Oren and Queen White Dove with four fairies acting as escorts.

“Are you two ready to join us for the day, Amber and Cobalt?”

“We are King Oren and Queen White Dove.”

“That’s good. Richard, is there anything we should be careful about?”

“You’ll need to explain eggs and milk to them at least. There is an animal on Twainor that bears wool like our sheep. However, they don’t kill that animal for the meat. I don’t use real milk. I use the powdered milk mainly. It is easier to do while I’m in college.”

“You haven’t eaten red meat for a long time, have you?”

“No, King Oren. My mom and dad told me they had an upset stomach experience a few years after I was born. My brothers had some of it as well. Their stomachs became upset too. It was then decided we eat only fish, chicken and turkey. We have eaten duck once or twice for special occasions.”

“That’s good. We’ll show them what is available to eat here.”

“We do have some fruits, seeds and nuts that we brought back from Twainor. However, the nuts will grow into trees. We can try the small seeds from the fruits and plants in pots and see what happens. Some day, I’ll have to build a green house next to the cabin if that happens.”

“Yes you will, Richard. Come Amber and Cobalt. It is time to begin your first day on Earth. We’ll try to be easy on you. You have plenty of time to learn and know what we go through each day here.”

“Yes, King Oren.”

Amber and Cobalt hold onto my ear and smell my hair one more time. Then they take off from my shoulders and fly with the other fairies back into the forest. I walk up the steps to the porch. I open the door, walk inside and close the door behind me. I walk to the front door and open it for Anna and Sarah to come inside.

“Good morning, ladies.”

“Good morning, Richard.”

They walk inside into the living room. They put their things on the table and a couch.

“Where should we start, or I should say who gets my attention first?”

The ladies smile. “I will be first, Richard.”

“Okay, Sarah.”

“Richard, is this what you use to get on the internet?”

“I do, Anna. That switch box is for the TV. The TV acts as a monitor as well. There is a satellite dish outside to receive. The white light on the shelf is for letting me know an email has come in. The red light is for the phone messages.”

“That’s good.” Anna sits down on the chair before the desk. She uses the switch box to change the signal source. She takes the controller and turns on the TV. She touches the mouse and keyboard and sees it is ready to use. She launches an internet browser to access her office network in Charlottesville.

“Okay, Richard. While she does that, let’s begin with the basics. Strip down to your underwear.”

“Yes, Sarah.” I take off my clothes. Sarah sees me wearing a corset.

“Why are you wearing a corset, Richard?”

Anna turns around to see as well. She smiles and turns her attention back to the computer.

“It is to protect my womb. I have two more that were made on Twainor. One is all leather. The other is a steel corset. I figure I need it if I’m caught and someone wants to harm me.”

“Hmm . . . that’s a good idea. Do you have a weight scale here?”

I take off the corset and lay it with the other clothes. “Yes I do, Sarah.” I walk into a bathroom and retrieve a digital scale and place it in on the floor. I push the button to see if it is still working. It doesn’t come on. I open a drawer where my dad keeps the extra batteries. I replace the AA batteries and throw the bad ones into the trash can. I push the button again. I smile when I see it come on. I place it back down on the floor and step onto the scale. Sarah reads the display. She writes down the numbers onto a notepad.

“Stand up next to that hall entrance. I need to get your height.”

I walk up to it and put my back to the wall. She puts a ruler level on top of my head. I step down and turn around. I hold the ruler while she measures the height with a tape measure. She writes down that number.

“Sit down on a chair. I need to check your blood pressure.”

I sit down on a chair. She takes out a stethoscope, the belt and bulb from her medical bag. She takes my blood pressure reading. She writes down those numbers. She measures my pulse next. She looks at the numbers so far.

“Well, there is no significant change so far. The blood test and cellular examination will prove otherwise.”

“Do you know of a lab that can do it for you?”

“Not really, Richard. They are all connected to the CDC (Center for Disease Control). If they see that green blood dragon marker, I’m sure that will sound off the alarms. I wish there is a way to mask it so it won’t be detected.”

“Hmm . . . let me think on it. The wizard told me I can do my own magic.”

“That would be great if you could.”

Can I mask the dragon marker, Creator?

You can, Richard. You will need Croin’s help to do it. Let him reside in you. Then he can mask it, move it or use it to amplify your dragon abilities along with his.

Thank you, Creator.

You’re welcome, Richard.

“I just had a talk with the Creator. He said I should let Croin reside inside me. Then he can mask it, move it or even amplify my dragon abilities as well as his.”

Croin smiles when he hears the discussion I had with the Creator. I turn around and look at him on the shelf. “Do you think you can do that, Croin?”

Croin nods his head up and down.

“Then let’s try it.”

Croin swoops in and inhabits my body. I feel a surcharge of adrenaline inside me.

“Sarah, I just feel more energized. Let’s see I can calm it down.”

“Okay, Richard.”

Croin, can you hear me? If you can gather the dragon blood away from my arms. We usually take blood samples from there.

I’m here, Richard. I can hear you. Calm down your breathing, once you do that, then I can mask and gather the dragon blood cells to a location away from your arms.

I calm down my breathing slowly. I look within myself. Okay, Croin try it.

Croin then gathers my dragon blood to a location within my legs.

“Try taking the blood sample from arms now, Sarah. Croin has gathered my green blood cells to my legs.”

“Okay, Richard.” Sarah has the equipment set while I talk to myself. She takes the needle and sticks it into the inside portion of my left arm elbow. It doesn’t take long to collect three vials for testing. She marks them with the date, my name and the time she took it. “Thank you, Richard. You can relax now. I need to do a quick blood test to make sure. This will indicate if it is the same as you gave me last time.”

Croin relaxes and let’s my dragon blood flow normally.

She takes out a blood ID kit from her bag. She puts three droplets of my blood on the small glass microscope slides. “Richard, do you have your microscope here?”

“I do, Sarah. Let me get it from the closet in my bedroom.” I get up and walk into my room. I open the closet door and retrieve the microscope. I kept it in the box for safe keeping. I take it out of the box and put it on the couch. I open and retrieve the microscope. “My dad bought this for me on one of my birthdays. I liked to use it back then.”

She smiles, “I’m sure you did, Richard.”

I take the microscope out of the box and hand it to her. She places it on the table and plugs the cord into a nearby wall socket. She turns it on and sets the slide on the table and secures it with the spring arms. She adjusts the focus and the lens setting to get a good look at the blood cells. She moves the slide around to make sure there are no green blood cells.

“It looks good, Richard. I don’t see any green blood cells. I’ll double check the samples at a lab I can trust. Hopefully everything will match up with your previous samples. If there is a change in your blood make-up, it will be in the serum level. There should be no change in your DNA make up.”

She takes out the slide and removes the cover. She takes a litmus paper and blood test kit from her bag. She proceeds to test my blood type to make sure it matches.

“This is great, Richard. The results are the same. You are still B+ for your overall blood group. When you get married and have children, I will need to monitor that closely and see what gets passed on.”

“I was told there will be two girls and two boys to each generation. Each boy will be dual gender like me and give birth to their own fairies. The children on the girl’s side will be normal. However, they will all live to 120 years maximum while my wife and I live for a thousand years or until the Ultimate Last Battle takes place.”

“That means you will be influencing the blood and DNA of everyone they marry. There will be an increase in fairy population on Earth. Hopefully that means peace will come to more people, but there will be some who will reject peace.”

“I know, Sarah, I was told that my handshake that I started the last time I came back will allow people to hear the Creator’s voice.”

Sarah reaches for my hand and holds it. Then she smiles when she hears the Creator speaking to her.

Anna takes a break from the computer and printing out some documents. She turns to listen in on what we are doing. Anna takes my other hand and holds it. She too smiles when she hears the Creator speaking to her.

“I have done a lot so far, Richard, in securing your holdings. Your dad already secured this cabin to be in your will. This will be new territory for us to keep your secret as long as possible. Fortunately, you have the support of your friends here and in Mt. Blanc. Our mission is to find somebody who will take our places as we grow older.”

I smile at Anna. “Perhaps the Creator will provide a child or two who will have the same interest as you do with law. It has been known to happen.”

We all giggle and chuckle. “That’s true, Richard. Do you have anybody who can take over for you, Sarah?”

She smiles, “Yes I do, Richard and Anna. I have a couple of colleagues who can take over. I will have to double check them as we work together. I have two or three college interns that are showing promise. I will need to shake their hands and see if they are willing to listen to the Creator’s voice.”

We continue to talk about what is needed to protect me legally and my holdings that mom and dad passed onto me. Sarah proceeds for me to do a stress test to check my fitness level. She checks me again and listens to the heart beats of the fairies within my womb. She smiles when she hears two distinct heart beats.

All three of us go out for lunch for a quick bite. On the way back we stop at the Open Market. I buy four bags of different kinds of nuts and sunflower seeds. I also buy some blueberries, strawberries and grapes. We look at the herbs that we can grow in small clay or plastic pots. We discuss how long I long I will be at the cabin and the plans for the summer.

“We’ll make a visit next week in Charlottesville to check out the Shaolin dojo. We’ll need to discuss the options there and how long it will take, Richard.”

~~~000~~~

The fairies fly deeper into the forest until they get into a clearing. They land in the center of the clearing. Then hundreds of fairies gather around them to see the new comers.

King Oren speaks first, “Fairies of the North America clans, we have been blessed by the Creator. There is now a unicorn among us once more. However, he is not like Caliber. The Creator kept him in human form. This is to help hide himself and he can protect himself better as well.”

“Who is he, King Oren?”

“His name is Richard Moore. He is the sole surviving family member. Do you remember the plane crash into their car?”

“We do, King Oren.” Several fairies respond in one voice.

“Richard was not among them. He was still in school when this took place. The pond that is near their cabin has been blessed by Creator. It is now has a warm spring feed. That means there will be food there during the winter months.”

All of the fairies cheer upon hearing the good news.

“We must respect his privacy. He will come to us when he can. Right now he is here among us for the next three months. He has a lot to do to get Earth’s attention. We’ll be his eyes and ears like we always have been doing. Some of us will remember Caliber more than others. He is already pregnant with his first pair of fairies.”

The fairies cheer again.

“Now we have some special guests with us. These two fairies you don’t recognize are Amber and Cobalt. They are fairies from Avel the unicorn.”

The fairies all cheer out loud to welcome them.

“Right now, we must educate them about how life is here on Earth. This will be one of many lessons for them. Therefore, only a select few will assist them. The rest of us have our duties elsewhere in the forest. Stay away from the butterfly zoo in Mt. Blanc. Richard will visit them later in the week and see if he can change that scent mix they are using.”

They all shout in one voice, “Yes, King Oren.” They all break apart and go their way. Only six fairies remain from the larger group. They fly in to greet the new comers.

“These six fairies will be your escorts, Amber and Cobalt. They will take you around to several farms to see some daily life and how food is provided. You will see how the people go about their business, schools, etc.”

“Is there anything we should explain in greater detail, King Oren?”

“Yes, Traphel. You need to explain the use of milk and eggs. Richard told me, the people on Twainor don’t kill the wool bearing animals for food for example. Richard told me he uses the powdered milk instead. Let Amber and Cobalt explain their side and compare. Give me a report when you get back. Have your meals along the way. Come back here just before sunset.”

“Yes, King Oren.”

“Don’t forget to stay away from that butterfly zoo. Look out for the traps set near the elementary school. They were put up by the children to catch some butterflies for their school projects.”

“Yes, King Oren. Should I take them to one of the open produce markets?”

“Do that as well so they can see the variety of foods that is available. Point out the nuts, seeds, berries and fruits that we eat every day and the season cycles.”

“Yes, King Oren.”

“That should do it. If you don’t cover everything today, there is always tomorrow.”

“Yes, King Oren.”

“Go you two. Have a wonderful day in discovering our world. Let the Creator protect you always and keep you safe. Return to us so that we can enjoy your presence again. Our world is probably more dangerous than where you come from, but now the Omega Unicorn is back with us, there is hope for Earth to be redeemed.”

“Thank you for the hospitality, King Oren and Queen White Dove. We’ll learn all we can during the days and years ahead. We all have a part to help the Omega Unicorn to fulfill his destiny on Earth.”

“Yes we do, Cobalt. Go in peace.”

“Peace unto you King Oren, Queen White Dove and all of the fairies of the North Americas.”

The six fairies, Amber and Cobalt fly off to discover what Earth has to offer. Along the way, the six fairies point out the poisonous plants and the good ones. They see the blackberry bushes ready to eat. Amber and Cobalt try one. They enjoy it very much. They drop the seeds and plant them near the bushes for the next growth season. They stop by a flower filled with water. They wash themselves up to get clean.

They continue along the way until they see a farm nearby. They change into butterfly mode before leaving the forest. They enter a chicken coop fence area. They flutter into the shed through an open window and land on the ledge. They whisper to each other.

“This is one of the main birds they use for food. The rooster is the large bird outside with the red comb on the head. These are the hens that lay the eggs. Sometimes the rooster mates with them or not. The ones he does mate with will produce fertilized eggs for the next generation. The ones who don’t will get taken by the farmer to be sold in stores.”

“What do the people use the eggs for if they are not fertilized?”

“It is used for breakfast mainly. They are also used in cooking as well for various recipes.”

“I have never seen that done on Twainor. All of the eggs get fertilized on Twainor.”

“That’s not all. Once the baby chick hatches, it is those little yellow ones there. They grow up in a few years. They are sold for meat.”

“There are farm birds on Twainor that end up that way as well.”

“How can you tell the difference between the eggs?”

“There is a slight color change on the surface of the shell. You can also hold it up to a light source and see if a blood vessel appears. That is why there is a light bulb in this coop. We can feel the heart beat by touching the shell.”

“That’s good.”

The fairies leave the chicken coop and flutter to where there are cattle grazing in a field nearby. They rest on a nearby fence. They continue to whisper to each other.

“Here we have cattle. Again these beasts are raised for their meat. The meat is red in color. Some people eat them, and some do not. I’m told Richard doesn’t eat this kind of meat.”

“He doesn’t, Traphel. He has only eaten fish and bird for meat.”

“That’s good. Also when this beast is killed, the hide is sold for additional income.”

“That’s a bit barbaric.”

“It might be, Amber. When man first roamed on Earth, they had to use the hide of animals to keep warm during the Winters. Remember. The magic was removed from the human people.”

“I see. That makes sense now.”

“Over there are sheep, which is the main wool bearing animal. They will shear off the wool and use it for many things.”

“That is similar to an animal on Twainor.”

“However, some of these sheep will be killed for meat again, but not all.”

“Ugh . . . no wonder the humans have short lives.”

“That’s right Cobalt. It is because of the eating of the red meat that has shorten their lives. The other animal that is used for meat is that one over there. That is the pig.”

“That is disgusting seeing it live in that mud.”

“But that is their way of life. They are good scavengers in eating waste food. However, the meat is sweet when cooked. But most people don’t know how bad that meat can be for them because of the viruses and microbes in the waste food. If that was the only animal to eat for meat in the wild, people will hunt it down.”

“Okay, I’ve seen enough here. What about vegetables and other crops?”

“We’ll go to a local open market here.”

They take off from the fence. They flutter to an open produce market in Mt. Blanc. They fly into the open market sit on a rafter underneath the roof. They look down and see about a hundred people walking around picking up what they want and paying for it.

“This is more like it, Amber.”

“Yes it is, Cobalt. I like it very much.”

“We thought you would. There all kinds of foods they grow here. Some of it is brought in from other farms and towns. This is the largest one for Mt. Blanc. They have all kinds of nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables here. They even ship in some far away foods to make a bigger selection available. There will be more available when Fall approaches.”

“Do they have cold rooms to keep them fresh?”

“They do, Cobalt. However, those are in enclosed market buildings. We can’t get in there to see it. They have some strong fans at the door entrances to blow the insects and us out of the door way.”

“Okay, that can wait for another trip. I see they are using coins and paper money to buy what they want.”

“Yes, paper money came about because it was too cumbersome to carry metal coins with them. The paper money is easier to fold and carry than the metal coins. There use silver, copper, nickel and gold for their metal coins.”

“On Twainor it is just silver and gold coins.”

“How many people live on Twainor?”

“About a million people with sixteen kingdoms.”

“We have about three billion people on Earth and 150 nations.”

“That is a lot of people.”

“It is, Cobalt. The spreads of people have slowly caused the forests we know slowly disappear over time. Trees were cut down faster for buildings and farms than they can replant the trees for replacement and future growth. A lot of deserts appeared where they weren’t before.”

“That is sad to hear, Traphel. Perhaps Richard can help change that and make Earth green once more.”

“That is our hope, Amber. When Richard goes back to school this Fall, I will be there to help watch along with some other fairies. We are scattered pretty thin throughout the Americas and the other continents.”

“How many of you are here?”

“There are about three thousand of us left. We know there is a lot of trouble throughout the world. We can’t be every when someone dies alone. We like to be there to whisper good words and song while they breathe their last breath. Some of it is cold brutal killing. Some of it is a natural death. We even helped lost children in the woods to return safely back to their parents.”

“Well, let’s hope with Richard. We heard, when he mates with his life mate, she will give birth to two girls and two boys. Each boy will give birth to more fairies.”

“That is great news to hear. But we have to be careful here with the boys. There are a lot of people who look down on dual gender people. They need a good upbringing and strong will to live a good life.”

“Well, let’s hope for that, Traphel.”

“We will, Cobalt. Come, there is more to see around Mt. Blanc.”

Then a young girl looks up and sees the butterflies. “Look mom! Pretty butterflies!”

“Yes they are pretty, Allison.”

The butterflies fly around in the open space under the roof for a bit before leaving. The people ‘oooh’ and ‘ah’ while they flutter about before leaving.

They flutter to the nearby elementary school. They land on a fence near one of the gardens planted by the children.

“This is an elementary school. They are for ages of six to twelve or so. They divided the education for the children into twelve years of school. By that time, they know enough how to do certain things and learn how the world works and what to do to earn money from a job. There is a middle school and high school as well.”

“It is on a smaller scale on Twainor. There are some schools that are teaching them a trade.”

“It is the same here. They learn how to do math, science, to read and write. You will be impressed with how far Richard is learning the world around him. He is very smart.”

“We have seen it in action, Traphel. It is amazing to see him work at it.”

They fly away to another farm. This time they see milking cows in a barn. They see some being milked by hand, some by machine. “These are female cows. Those bags with nipples under them produce large amounts of milk. They are called udders and teats. It is used by the young calf when young. The extra milk gets bottled, heated and sold to the people.”

“Do the people drink that white milk?”

“They do Amber. It is a good source of vitamins that is good for the body. However, for us fairies, we can’t stomach it. It is too rich for us.”

“Does Richard drink this? I would hope not if he is giving birth to fairies.”

“I was told Richard has the powdered form of this milk. The people found a way to dry it out quickly so it will last longer. All you need to do is add water. It is only made when needed.”

“I see. Maybe since Richard is in human form, he can stomach this milk. I know Avel doesn’t drink it.”

“Amber, you forgot. Makaela gives birth to unicorns. She gives milk to her colt and filly when they were born.”

“That’s right. I forgot about that. Well, that is interesting. What else is there to see around here?”

“Right now we need a break and have something to eat for our noon repast. Come, I’ll show you some nuts that we can eat.”

“That sounds good, Traphel.”

They follow Traphel to a grove of trees. There is one near the inside edge of the forest. They see nuts on the tree still. They pluck some of them off the limbs. They carry them into forest and find a clearing to eat the pecans.

Traphel and the others show how to open them up. “There are several ways to open them. One way is to soak them in water to soften the shell. The other is to use a nut cracker. We keep it hidden here.”

“Have you planted this nut to have it grown elsewhere?”

“We do, Amber. They are scattered about the forests. They are in key locations so we are not far from them.”

“We do the same thing on Twainor as well.”

Three fairies fly over to a hallowed out hole in the side of a tree to retrieve the nut cracker. They bring it over to the clearing.

“This is one of our rendevous places to gather the pecan nut meat for our kinfolk.” The six fairies use the nut cracker and crack open the pecan carefully. They extract the nut meat and enjoy the flavor of it.

“This is good, Traphel.”

“It certainly is, Cobalt. The people will sell bags of these nut meats already removed from the shell. Have Richard buy the plain nuts without the salt.”

“We know all about salt for our bodies, Traphel. We can’t stand it in large quantities. We know it is useful for preservation of foods when needed. When our bodies are running low on salt, we take it from the natural foods.”

“That is the same here, Amber. There other nuts that are very good like the walnut, the pistachio, the peanut, the macadamia, the pine nuts to name a few. Some will be found on other continents where they are plentiful. The fairies who live there know all about them.”

“We’ll be visiting those other continents to deliver the tree seeds when the time is right.”

“It will be good to see that happen over time. It will be great to see Earth become green again with the forest everywhere.”

They have their fill of the pecans. They hide the nut cracker in the hollowed out hole in the tree. They fly about to see more of Mt. Blanc itself. They see how the people work and drive the cars. They see some cars with wheels and without wheels.

“They figured out how to float the cars in the air without magic? What kind of machine magic is that, Traphel?”

“It is their type of machine magic. They found a way to elevate the cars and fly close to the ground without touching it. They discovered how to apply free standing electromagnetism and the use of air fans to lift the cars without using a fixed rail system. There are metal strips underneath the pavement that helps the lift. However, it is only three years old. The people have not really learned how to use it properly. There have been some bad accidents with them. We hate to see them get killed or hurt with one of these. The nice thing about these new vehicles, they don’t pollute the air we all breathe. Slowly the air is getting better with more of them out there.”

They fly around some more to see the daily life of people and how they interact. They see people purchasing goods, food and other things to make a living. They see some wood craftsmen making cabinets, tables and other wooden objects. They see small and large families walking down the sidewalks. Some are enjoying the beautiful day supplied by the Creator. They see restaurants that serve food to the patrons. Some of the restaurants have seats and tables in the front of the establishments.

Amber and Cobalt are quite impressed as they see this. They start to fly back to the cabin.

“There is one thing to remember. This is a small town. There are other locations where there is a larger population of people. It is more crowded, and more traffic with the cars. We have to be careful where we fly. They even have flying air craft in the skies, fortunately they are higher in the air.”

“The only thing that flies in the air on Twainor is the birds, the land dragons and some sea dragons.”

“There are sea dragons that fly? That would be great to see.”

“There was one of them last night. It was Tarsi, he is the leader of the dwarf sea dragons.”

“I remember him now. He is very colorful. Does he have a mate?”

“No, Traphel. She went missing during the First War on Twainor. We all thought she got injured somehow and is in hiding. Tarsi still hasn’t found her yet.”

“There are some other dragons who are missing as well from that time.”

“That’s too bad. Well, here we are. We are back at the cabin. What do you think of Earth so far, Amber and Cobalt?”

“I see some similarities between Twainor and Earth. There are some other differences I can see already.”

“We still have a lot to learn as expected. Thank you for the tour. We’ll be here tomorrow morning for another tour.”

“That’s good. We’ll see something new tomorrow. We’ll show you some of our beautiful places that man hasn’t seen yet.”

“That will be great to see.”

The fairies hug one another quickly. Amber and Cobalt fly back to the cabin. They see Richard and the two ladies sitting on chairs of the back porch enjoying the late afternoon coolness.

I see Amber and Cobalt fly to me. They immediately fly to my shoulders and sit there. They hug my ears and smell my hair again. The ladies smile when they see the affection being given to me.

“We didn’t know it was going to be like this, Richard.”

“We are glad you are here. We missed you so much.”

“I know, Amber and Cobalt. But I have lived like this since I was born. I know how to interact with this world. Now I have this new purpose in my life. We’ll take it day by day. That is all we can do.”

“Then we must do the same thing.”

Then Amber and Cobalt fly off my shoulders and sit in my shirt pocket together. Soon I feel their heart beats are in rhythm with mine.

“Did they fall asleep, Richard?”

“No Sarah. Their heartbeats are in rhythm with mine. It helps us to be calm together at the same time. They learned a lot today. There will be more to learn tomorrow.”

“That’s the thing about people like us, Richard. We like to learn all we can about our world. It allows us to make better choices in life.”

“It certainly does, Anna. Anna, I have a favor to ask of you.”

“What is it, Richard?”

“When I get back to school this fall, I will be developing a new computer architecture with hardware and software. It will revolutionize the current technology. Just like Gates did when he started out.”

“If you can do that, Richard., I will be glad to represent you for the patent rights like I did with your father.”

“I hope so, Anna. What I have planned is what I saw on that star ship. They have a true 3-d computer network. Instead of a two-dimensional display, it will be a 3-d display in space in front of you.”

“That will be great to see. What about security?”

“There will be improvements there. I have some ideas that will make all current security protocols obsolete. It will be so strong, no one will be able to hack the central data cores. It too is a 3-d set up. There will be four gates to protect the hard-drives. All holes will be plugged up. That means there are no more back doors into a system.”

“I see, that would definitely put everyone on the edge. If you do it at NC State, they have first crack in ownership of the original patents. My best approach will be when it is let out for mass production with a manufacturing company. That is where I can represent you to make sure your designs are not compromised. The royalties will be staggering when they want what you have to offer. This will be more income than what your dad brought in.”

“Yes, we’ll have to plan this financial income out carefully. We are still facing perilous times with this international debt throughout the world. It was abated and delayed a few decades ago, but it never was really solved.”

“Yes, I heard talk it is time to do away with money and get back to a bartering system. The passing of the Fair Tax law did work for a while, but there were some politicians who messed with it that caused it to fail.” Anna writes some notes down on a pad of paper. “I will need to investigate that to see how that affects us.”

“I think what will happen is if you go to the grocer to get your food, you don’t pay for anything. It is given to you. That means the electricity can’t be turned off or get kicked out of your house or apartment for example.”

“That will be interesting to see that happen, Richard. We could go back to using metal coins, but that is the still the same problem. Also, most people don’t own any precious metals like gold and silver or even the precious gems. It will drive those prices sky high and make them more scarce or people will hoard what they can get.”

“Either way, it is a wait and see when it happens.”

“Well, let’s treat you to dinner, Richard.”

“Thank you. Which restaurant are you thinking of? I have to think about Amber and Cobalt here now.”

“There is an Italian restaurant with a garden view in the back facing the creek. We can eat there.”

“That sounds good, ladies. How does that sound to you, Amber and Cobalt?”

“That is great Richard. We can be nearby and have our meal as well. Those pecans we had for our noon meal were very good. We need to try some of your other nuts that you have here.”

The ladies and I smile at each other.

“I already purchased several bags from the open market. I have to get some other things afterwards at a grocer or supermarket.”

“That’s great Richard. Let’s see this grocer or supermarket. We are curious about it.”

“That’s fine, Amber and Cobalt. You will need to be in my shirt pocket to get past the fans.”

“We’ll be there.”

“I will need to change my clothes, Amber and Cobalt. This restaurant requires some nicer clothes.”

“Okay”

They fly out of my pocket and the three of us get and walk back into the cabin. Amber and Cobalt follow us in and land on the table to wait for me to come back out.

I walk into my bedroom and change my clothes. “Come along, Croin. You can get recharged while I eat my evening repast.”

“Thank you, Richard.”

Croin flies into me and settles into a comfortable location in my body. I walk back out to the living room. We exit the cabin together and I lock it up. We enter in Anna’s car. Sarah sits up front. I sit in back. Once we buckle up, we leave the driveway and enter the main road. Amber and Cobalt change into butterfly mode and sit on my shoulders. Anna drives the car down the road until we see the Italian restaurant. She drives into the parking lot and parks it into an open space. We get out of the car and lock the doors.

“The porch faces the creek behind the building.”

“We’ll be there waiting for you.” They fly off my shoulders. They flutter around the building until they see the porch. They see several potted plants hanging in the air from the rafters. They sit down in one of them to catch their breath.

We walk inside the restaurant. The hostess directs us to the porch so we have a view of the creek. We are each given a menu. I order the chicken dish with vegetables. We are given a bowl of bread sticks for appetizers. The ladies order their meal. They each order a soup and chicken salad for their meal. I also order a small salad as well.

Amber and Cobalt fly around from potted plant to potted plant. They drink some nectar from each of the flowers and pollinate them at the same time. I can see they are enjoying the nectar flavors.

The servers come out with the salads first. We enjoy eating the meal very much. Once we get done with the salads, they bring out the main dish for us. The grilled chicken and sauce served with it are very good. After we get done, the server comes in if we want anything else. The ladies each order a cup of coffee, I stay with the water and ask for another lemon slice. We talk quietly between ourselves and what we’ll do for the next two days.

“We’ll be here tomorrow, Richard. I need for you to sign some documents. These documents will make sure the cabin stays in your name. I will file it with the local title company and city hall that has your records here.”

“That’s good, Anna.”

“I brought a portable sonigram, Richard. I want to take some pictures of your womb. We’ll each have a copy for our records. I will only show my copy with some of my colleagues that I can trust for now. They will be amazed when they see the twins. I won’t mention your name at all.”

“I would hope so, Sarah. This is the first time for all of us.”

“I know it is, Richard.”

Then I hear Amber whisper to me. “Does taking this picture hurt, Richard?”

“Amber just asked me if taking this picture hurts.”

Sarah, Anna and I smile. “No, it doesn’t hurt. Sarah will glide a piece of metal across my stomach. She will move it around. This piece of metal has a wire attached to the device that will allow us to see inside.”

“Okay. It sounds like the use of a crystal on Twainor.”

“It does, Cobalt.”

When we get done with our meal, Anne pays for the meal so she can claim it on her expense sheet. Sarah will claim tomorrow’s meal for her expense sheet. We leave the restaurant. Amber and Cobalt fly around to the front and back to Anna’s car.

Anna drives out of town until we are clear of the winding road. She stops by a park. We get out to watch the evening sunset. We enjoy watching the clouds and sky changing colors.

“The sunsets are almost the same, Richard. Except we don’t get the colorful lights among us and we glow a golden color.”

Anna and Sarah look at the three of us. “What’s this? What is Twainor like?”

“They have an additional atmospheric element. It is called the Ethereal Space. It comes from a unique rock on their world. It is different from the magnetic rocks that we have. It permeates everything there. Everyone can do magic there. However, some are more gifted than others. There is another unique stone there. It is called the Evenshard stone. It has some unique properties. If a lit light crystal is near the stone, the stone emits a protective barrier that can stop bullets and falling rocks for example.”

“That would be interesting to see.”

“For the Ethereal Space, there are these streams of colorful lights. You can only see it at sunrise and sunset as it sweeps across the landscape. When it gets to a mountain ridge, the whole ridge will light up like a colorful crown, then it disappears.”

“I sure would like to see a picture of that.”

“It is similar to how our Auroras are here in the polar regions. However, it is right among you. The filaments will interact with you. Little streams of color will emit from your finger tips, your hair, etc. If two people are dancing, the interaction will be different. The experience is different in each part of the kingdom. No two sunsets are the same.”

“That is amazing.”

“It is, Sarah. Not only that, the three of us will have a golden glow about us. It is because I’m the Omega Unicorn now.”

“Can you make yourself glow goldenly now?”

“I don’t know, Anna. I rather try it in the privacy of the cabin first.”

We look up in the sky and see the stars come out. The moon will come up later in the night.

“Richard, do you know which direction is Twainor?”

“I do, Cobalt. The first star I come near is called Sirius. It is that star there.” I point to it. “That one is the double star if you remember it.”

“I remember it, Richard.”

“Up there, is the belt of Orion. The Horse Head Nebulae is found there.”

“Okay.”

“Further above Orion is the Crab Nebulae. You can’t see them with our eyes. I will show them on the computer. We have mapped out the stars very good from here. Somewhere in that area between the two nebulae is the location for Twainor. Anna and Sarah, when we were on Twainor, those two Nebulae are a lot closer to you and oriented differently in the sky. I wished I could have taken a picture of those two, but if an astronomer or scientist saw the photos, I would be bothered and asked how I could have taken those pictures from that vantage point.”

“Yes you would, Richard.”

Then we see the moon slowly creep up the night sky from the horizon. Amber, Cobalt and I clap our hands and give thanks to the Creator for seeing a wonderful sunset. Anna and Sarah do the same thing as well.

We get back into the car. Anna drives to the local supermarket. Amber and Cobalt fly into my pocket to be safe from the fan. We walk inside to pick up a few things to eat. We buy some eggs, powder milk, cereal and sunflower seeds for all of us to eat. We also purchase some small fruits like blueberries, strawberries, grapes, raspberries and blackberries. Amber and Cobalt peer over my pocket from time to time. They are impressed by the things they see which are available to purchase. They see the long rows of freezers with glass doors. They are surprised how well built they are and in using electricity to keep the food frozen. They also see the fresh cuts of meat available to eat. They are glad Richard only eats fish and bird for his meat dishes.

Anna drives back to the cabin to drop me off. As soon as we step out of the car all of a sudden I feel my nerves get on edge. Amber and Cobalt stay in butterfly mode and land on my shoulders. I feel Croin steeling himself for some action.

“Uh . . . my friends . . . we have an unwanted visitor here.”

“Whom is it, Richard?”

I turn around and face the driveway entrance near the road. We see a man walk up and stand in the center of the driveway.

“Who are you, mister?”

“I just want to know whom you are and what is your name. For some reason I can’t walk onto your property.”

“Why should I tell you that? What is your business to know whom I am? Do you want me to guess who you are?”

“That is not necessary. I can see you have two fairies on your shoulders.”

“What?! Left gauntlet loaded!” The left gauntlet appears on my hand. I raise it and aim a freeze dart at him. I make a fist and push the button. I let the dart fly. It hits him on the shoulder.

He looks down and sees he is being covered in a thin layer of ice. “What is this? You can do magic? That’s impossible! Only we can do that!”

The ice covers his entire body first. When it comes to his face, I stop it before his jaw gets frozen. “Freeze stop.”

He works his jaw slowly. “What is the meaning of this?”

I walk up to him and remove the dart from his shoulder. I place it back on the gauntlet. “You said it yourself. You saw fairies on my shoulders. Amber and Cobalt change to your normal selves.”

“Yes, Richard.” Amber and Cobalt change into fairies.

The man can’t believe what he is seeing. “I was right. Fairies do exist.”

“Yes they do, mister. The only way you would have known that is if you have seen them before. Therefore I presume you are one of the Eleven Magi!”

“Who told you about us?”

“Do you know a certain wizard that the Eleven of you know?”

“Him? He is nothing to us.”

“I thought you wanted him to join your little cabal group and rule the world.”

“We are doing fine without him. I was sent here to eliminate a possible threat to our plans.”

“Then I will tell you whom I am. I am Richard Moore, the living survivor of the Moore family that died in a car and plane accident here in this area. I wasn’t here when it happened!”

“Impossible! I was told you were in that car.”

“I wasn’t, mister. Apparently you don’t know everything that is going on. I came back a changed man. You can tell your boss this message. The Omega Unicorn will keep his eyes on you and your group. We will meet and confront each other from time to time.”

“The Omega Unicorn? That’s a myth!”

“No, it is not. It is for real. I am the Omega Unicorn!” I thrust my hands out to the side. Then six unicorn images appear on either side of me. They have their horns pointing at him. “Now Croin! Warm him back up!”

Then Croin appears above me.

“What?! Unicorns? A dragon! That’s impossible!”

He blasts out a fire stream at the man. “Fwooosh!” Croin then returns inside me.

He screams in pain. “Arrrghhh!” His skin cracks all over his body. This is because of the sudden heat applied to a frozen surface. Smoke and steam rises from his body, his mouth, his nose and ears. There is soot all over his face. His clothes are singed all over. “Grrr . . . !”

The twelve unicorn images return to me when I put my arms down.

“What are you, the Savior?”

“I am not the Savior. The Creator is the Savior for the people. My job is to help redeem Earth itself with the Creator’s help. The Creator is the one who will redeem the people. Take that message to the other Magi. I also know you have the Black Spirit of Sauron with you as well. I sensed him yesterday. Peace will come to Earth, but I know you will try your hardest to be in the way of that. I know you are in places of power and influencing governments of nations to do your dirty work.” I show some fire in my eyes and make them glow. I give a mean grimace as well. I let Croin speak for me, “Grrr . . . Now go!”

“Gulp!” He turns quickly and runs down the road to his limousine. He gets in it and slams the door shut. The driver turns on the engine and leaves the scene. “Crap! He knows all about us! I need better intelligence reports! Not only that, he has a dragon and unicorns with him. We made sure they were all killed on Earth. Where did he get them from?” He looks at the driver. Sauron is currently residing inside the driver.

“How am I supposed to know that?”

“Shut up, Sauron! We’ve got a lot of work to do!”

“Okay, Thrangar.” Hah! That is first step in my plans. He will spread this fear to the other Magi. This will make them nervous and out of synch. That dragon of his is a problem. I should be able to trap that dragon and use it for our purposes. Dragons have simple minds. I will deal with the Omega Unicorn in time. Hah, hah, hah . . . ! Melkor will have a grand time in destroying him when I open the Door of Night at the right time. Hah, hah, hah . . . !

~~~000~~~

I turn around to face Sarah and Anna. They look at me with wonderment and awe. I slow down my breathing to get myself calm.

“Remind me not get you riled up.”

“So that is one of the Eleven Magi. I might need some additional legal help if they cross our paths, Richard.”

“Just as long as everything is in order and filed properly. They won’t be able to touch us. However, if I am somewhere else in another country, then there might be a problem. The three of us have had dreams while we slept on Twainor on some nights there. I found myself captured and threatened. But I found help when I’m there and get to come home safely. The bad guys are dealt with each time.”

“Well, let’s hope that is true. I’m glad you didn’t mention us during that exchange. If these Eleven are that powerful, their office is probably in a government building near the U.N. in New York.”

“You’re probably right, Anna. Come, it is time for bed.”

“Yes it is. Richard. See you tomorrow morning.”

“Good night, Sarah and Anna. Thank you for all of your help. I will try my best to protect you both as well as you do the same for me.”

“We will all do it. Good night, Richard.”

Sarah and Anna hug me tight. Sarah gets into Anna’s car. She drives back to the hotel to get some sleep. I walk back into the cabin and get ready for bed. I put the food away in the fridge. I leave the bags of nuts on the counter top. I walk back into my room and take off the gauntlet. I put it back with the armor. “That’s nice. I can call the armor to me when I need it.”

“Yes it is, that is great you can do magic, Richard.”

“It is nice to do magic. Good job, Croin. That was great seeing that fire blast.”

“Yes it was, Richard. I just used a little bit of your energy for that fire blast. I sensed there was something wrong as soon as we were out of the car.”

“So did I.”

Croin flies into the stone carving to get his sleep for the night. Amber, Cobalt and I get ready for bed as well. I turn off the lights and we get under the covers for another good night of sleep.

up
51 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Omega Unicorn Chronicles Book 2 Summer Vacation Ch. 42

Who is Thrangar? I am sure that there is a Middle Earth comment to tell what it means. And has Richard forgotten that most cattle and pigs are fed grains and are much healthier to eat? And in the Bible, lamb was eaten and lamb is a red meat.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Who is Thrangar?

Hello Stanman and BC Sci-fi fans

Well, I gave it some thought about these Eleven Magi and who they are. So far I have come up with three names so far. They are Thrangar, Grangor and Thrashtin. Right now I'm proposing Thrashtin as the leader of the Eleven Magi. We will encounter them not too often. There are more people I have to introduce in Book 2 that will only be seen once or twice. But we'll see them in later Books.

I realize grains are fed to animals to be healthier. However, I live in Florida. Here is an interesting fact. Once Texas claimed to be the number one producer in cattle, they became hard to beat nationwide. But during the Dust Bowl era of the 1930's, Texas lost a lot of cattle. They looked to the largest cattle market on the East side of the Mississippi to be resupplied, Florida. Florida is still the number one producer of raising cattle on this side of the Mississippi River. However, most of the cattle here in Florida are grass fed. Hence, it has a different flavor than grain fed cattle. It also costs less for the farmers to have them grass fed than grain fed.

What I mentioned about pigs and their meat, it is still a problem. Despite being grain fed, their body still acts like a scavenger. There are microbes in their bodies that can cause health problems. The meat would have to be cooked to almost well done to kill them off.

Richard doesn't eat lamb either. Even though I had some in my life time, I don't prefer it either. You can't over cook lamb or it will become very tough to eat.

The next chapter is a fun one to read. There is a scene there along a hiking trail I really like. I hiked the Applachian Trail with our Boy Scout troop that I was with at the time. We encountered a huge wasp nest along the way. We had to give it a wide berth to keep from getting near it. So from that experience, I wrote that scene as a memorial to that encounter.

------

Well, I just got my schedule at the Magic Kingdom. I will be getting some over time next week of about 6 hours. Hoaver, I will be working six days with one day off this time, Wednesday. I will make do. I do appreciate the extra money. I just need to make sure I get the sleep I need each night.

Well take care until next time.
I will be updating the Character List after Chapter 45.

Rachel

portable sonigram

i dont know if you thought of have Amber and Cobalt try it frist if they are woundering if it hruts as they are diftent and then the doc has a view to compare to when she looks at Richard womb