Morgan

Printer-friendly version

I took a deep breath before walking into the locker room. I was nervous, but I could do it. I hoped...

I'd actually gotten about a dozen feet inside before the yells started. I ignored them and headed on over to the cage to get a basket.

I'd almost made it when this huge guy blocked my path.

"Aren't you a little confused girlie? This is the boys locker room."

I looked up at him and said "Yeah, I know."

He obviously hadn't expected that response. Some other guys were making comments about "Maybe it's a dare or something?" when we were joined by Coach Adams.

"What's going on?" he demanded. Then as I turned, he recognized me. "Oh, it's you. I didn't think you had gym until next period."

I shrugged. "They had a problem with one of my other classes and changed my schedule,"

He sighed. "OK, I'll deal with it. You're sure you want to do this?"

I shrugged again. "It's not like I can use the other locker room. And I'm not going with the 'medical excuse' bit."

He looked unhappy, but nodded. Then he looked around at the audience that had gathered.

I looked at them too. Then back at the coach. "Look, just do it like we talked about, OK?"

He gave a "are you sure?" look and I nodded.

With a "it's your funeral" look, he turned back to the crowd.

"Listen up! We've got a bit of an unusual situation this year. Mister Howe here has a medical condition. As you may have noticed, he's got breasts."

There were a lot of muttered comments and a few not so quiet ones.

"Yes, He."

As they continued expressing disbelief, I thought "The hell with it", and stepped over to a vacant spot at one of the benches and dropped my pack. Then I pulled down my pants and underwear and faced them. I didn't have a huge cock or balls, but they were definitely unmistakable when I turned around.

"There! Are you guys satisfied that I'm a guy now?"

Things had obviously departed from the coach's script. He tried to salvage something.

"Akers! Go get Howe a basket. Now!"

The big guy who'd stopped me shook himself and went over to the cage. I just continued undressing. By the time he got back with the basket I was taking off my bra.

He goggled a bit at my boobs. They're a nice size, C or B cup depending on the bra.

I stopped and glanced around at all the guys who were (as I'd expected) staring. I stood up straight and threw my shoulders back a bit. Then I turned slowly.

"OK, everybody get a good look? Great. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta dress out."

I turned back to the bench and hung up my clothes on the hooks under the shelf.

Then I dug into my pack and pulled out my PE uniform. That'd been the subject of some negotiation, though not nearly as much as which locker room I'd use had been.

I quickly pulled on a jock, then a dark blue sports bra (to match the colors of the boys PE uniform). Shorts & shirt followed. And with the loose shirt on, I was no longer of that much interest.

It only took a couple more minutes to get my athletic socks and my sneakers on. Dressed out, I turned and stuffed my pack on the shelf above the bench.

I was expecting something to happen and it did. Somebody reached out as I went by and tried to cop a feel. Since I'd already discussed it with the coaches before school started, I wasn't worried about getting in trouble when I grabbed his hand and put him in an armlock.

"No groping! Got it?"

He was looking upset when the coach (who hadn't left the locker room) spoke up.

"What he said. No groping. You'd get upset if any of the gay guys tried groping you. And don't try to pretend there aren't any here."

I chimed in, "You can go ahead and look. Just try not to drool, OK? Hell, if I've got time and you ask I might even pose. But look, I'm just a guy with something extra. I didn't ask for them and they can be a nuisance sometimes. But they're part of me, OK?"

That seemed to settle everybody for a bit and we got out into the gym without any more problems for the time being. I was sure there'd be more, but I'd just have to deal with them as they came.


I suppose I should explain what's going on. I'm Morgan Howe, and I'm a guy. Mostly.

I don't claim to be normal. I'm a bit of a nerd and suffered for it a bit in grade school. At least until my folks enrolled me in some self defense classes. I'm not great, but good enough to deal with the usual bullying. Mostly by avoiding or defusing things, Sensei would kick my ass if I picked fights. Ending them is fine. Starting them, not good.

Anyway, things were fine until last year. Puberty had started to hit. My voice didn't break but I did start growing hair. And my junk was getting bigger. But about the time I noticed changes down there, I seemed to be putting on some weight up top.

The first real clue that something was wrong was when I got nailed in the chest during a sparring match and wound up curled into a ball on the floor. Something was obviously wrong, so I got to see our doctor.

She said that some fat buildup on the chest wasn't uncommon in guys during puberty, but the very tender "lumps" under it weren't. It was one of those I'd gotten nailed on.

After some checking, and some very strange tests, the doctors determined that even though I was a guy, I was growing breasts just like a girl. Some weird genetic thing. Apparently, some stuff in my body reacts to testosterone as if it was estrogen. The breasts are the big thing.

There are a few others though. My hips seem to be going somewhat female, though it's a bit early to tell on that (and both mom and my grandmothers had fairly narrow hips anyway). Looks like I'm getting female body hair patterns though.

They suggested surgery to deal with the breasts, but nobody is real thrilled with that. Especially since they are still growing.

And then there's the other thing. Once I got over the "my body is being freaky" thing, I actually wasn't that bothered. Truth to tell, I was more worried about how people would react to me than I was about the changes themselves.

I had to have a bit of a talk with the folks about that. I'd been getting into my sister's clothes for ages. When we were smaller, it was partly her using me as a big doll. But I kinda liked them.

I'm not one of those guys who thinks he should have been a girl. Dressing up was fun, and I liked it. But I was OK with my body.

When we got older, sis let me have some of her older clothes. Mom & dad didn't realize for a while, but when they did finally catch me, after discussing it with us, and ensuring that I hadn't been swiping Sally's stuff, they decided it was weird, but tolerable.

Yes, my folks are like that. They were considered weird growing up, and many folks would still say they're kinda strange. SF fans, SCA, and other odd hobbies tend to get you looked at that way.

But as kids growing up, it meant that we got allowed to try a lot of stuff. So my crossdressing was treated more as a "be careful about outsiders" than some horrible perversion.

So they kind of understood why I didn't consider growing breasts to be the end of the world. Though they did ask some pointed questions to see if I'd been taking something to grow them. I'm not sure they were 100% certain I hadn't been until the medical tests came back.

The real problem was that since the tests indicated that I'd still be a functional male, and I didn't want to change that, there were going to be problems.

Fortunately, it'd been fairly late in the school year when this started, and I was able to make it through the end of the school year without being too noticeable. A medical excuse for the last month got me out of PE.

But that wasn't a long term solution. I was going to have to deal with locker rooms in the future, so there wasn't a lot of point to continuing with the medical excuse thing. But by the start of the next school year, there was no way I was going to be able to hide things.

So we started a long round of discussions with the school. Fortunately the state & local laws about discrimination helped. They definitely couldn't just say that I couldn't attend. On the other hand, as far as the laws were concerned, I could not use female locker rooms as long as I had male genitals (oddly, I can use female dressing rooms at stores and female bathrooms as long as I'm presenting myself as female.).

The possibility of finding a room I could change in separately was considered, but showers were going to be a problem, regardless. So we wound up with me using the boys locker room and hoping for the best.

Fortunately, I'm not that body shy. So getting looked at wasn't going to be a problem. Getting groped or worse was a possibility. Even if I can defend myself, fighting is frowned on.

Heck, we'd had to argue a lot to let me do things like that armlock without running afoul of the "no tolerance" policies on fighting.

So, anyway, that's how I wound up here.


I got through the class OK. Probably because being the first day they were starting things out easy. I figured the real problems were going to be when we got to stuff like football and wrestling.

Anyway, there was a lot of standing around between some fitness tests and the like.

A few girls wandered over to talk to me, because they recognized me from other classes and were wondering why I was with the boys (having an androgynous name has been a blessing at times, but right now it's not).

I went for honesty and explained the situation. Got a mix of sympathy and shock. Oh well, I never thought this was going to be easy.

Guys wandered over too, asking some questions. Mostly about why I hadn't gotten rid of them (I gave excuses about gotta wait, and not liking major surgery). A few were curious. And I think a couple of those were considering hitting on me.

And there were a few "you some kind of queer?" encounters. Which got a "Right. I'm queer so I grew breasts to look more like a girl? Get real." response.

Of course, the one thing I know I'm going to get really tired of repeating is "No, I didn't do this on purpose. It's some weird genetic thing."

At last it was time for showers. Oh joy.

As had been prearranged, I waited until there were two coaches in the locker room before I headed into the showers. Slick floors are no place to try fancy moves, so I was most at risk there.

As expected, I had a lot of eyes on me. So I looked around and posed for a moment before going "OK, I really have to shower now."

That got most of them to go away. I just tried my best to get clean without looking too much like a show. Looking at a few of the guys, I had to "accidentally" pinch a nipple to distract myself.

Damn. I really am bi. Not gonna make things easier.


I may or may not continue this. Depends on my muse. Who is being a pain.
up
323 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cursed and blessed at the same time...

Andrea Lena's picture

...I suppose the last thing a crossdresser might want to do is draw attention to himself; but to have the ultimate in crossdressing accessories so to speak. A huge dilemma for a boy who just wants to be left alone. Really nice narrative, and I love this kid already, but then that's the Mother in me. Oh yeah...Morgan. Morgan Earp, Morgan Woodward, Morgan Freeman...but also Morgan Brittany and Morgan Fairchild. I love this kid! Thanks for a great read and glad to make your acquaintance!


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Ah, Praise from one of the

Brooke Erickson's picture

Ah, Praise from one of the better writers on the site. *blush*

Morgan isn't quite "wants to be left alone". Just doesn't want to have to deal with the jerks/assholes. Alas, that's a major trick even in a fairly tolerant area.

If my muse co-operates, I have plans. If she doesn't, it'll be yet another unfinished work. Of which I have far too many.

http://brooke.shadowgard.com/ has most of them.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Oh, please do!

I like it, it's very different. Well written, as well. More would be welcome.

Oh, and I know about those damn muses, too. I'm considering go to the kinky store and see what kind of restraints they have. I could probably find other uses for that stuff, too, so the investment seems sound...

Wren

It's hardly my first bit of

Brooke Erickson's picture

It's hardly my first bit of fiction. Just the first I've posted here. There's some fanfic over on Crystal Hall as well. And more of my own on my site (see above reply for url)

I know what I'd *like* to do for the next bit. I just don't have the "filler" to go around the bits I have.

This part started out as the usual "What if?" thought. Basically "what if the stereotypical 'guy with breasts' is in high school PE?"

It flowed nicely up to the end. But now, it's gonna be slogged along untoil another "flow" moment. *le sigh*

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Hooray for boobies! ^_^

Extravagance's picture

They wouldn't suit every guy, but they shouldn't be exclusive to us girls either. = )

Catfolk Pride.PNG

It doesn't hurt that I know

Brooke Erickson's picture

It doesn't hurt that I know the (in)famous mayor of Silverton, OR who has no interest in SRS but got a boob job *years* back.

I wouldn't mind being able to shift some excess tissue up to my breasts myself. :-)

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

You go, girl! = )

Extravagance's picture

Let me know how things ...develop. ^_^

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Not bloody likely at my age.

Brooke Erickson's picture

Not bloody likely at my age. :-(

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Re Your Claim About Their Exclusivity

Dear Cat-Person,

where did you get the idea that Breasts are exclusive to girls ? Plenty of boys have them too, and ALL male humans still have two nipples, just like the females have. After puberty hits, most little boy's nipples stay small and pathetic reminders of what could have been, but a fair old number do find that they swell a bit and that the flesh behind them gets to grow quite a lot too. It is by no means unheard of for young men to develop up to an A or even a B cup, and this without deliberate taking of female hormones. There are more and cases of married men being able to suckle their babies alongside their wives, or when for various reasons the mothers are unable to do it themselves.

They can be a bit of a nuisance if they get too big, just as they can for the girls, but I quite enjoy the ones I grew, naturally, without taking anything. People mostly ignore the actual fact, that gender is not an either/or thing, but a continuum, since even the toughest, roughest Rugby-Player bloke has some home-made oestrogen in his body, mostly produced by is adrenal glands, just as the sweetest, most feminine girl nevertheless has a trace at least of testosterone in her body.

These days, with the widespread use of throw away plastics for wrapping food items and for packaging, for example, fruit juices, fizzy drinks, and milk in polyethylene bottles because they are lighter than glass bottles, we are all exposed to the plasticizer chemicals that mimic oestrogens and that do not decay once thrown away into the Environment. About 20 % of men in the industrialised world today have some breast development. There are also some phyto-oestrogenic compounds in for example beer, derived from the hops used in brewing beers. It is the beefier, most "masculine" men who are growing the biggest 'moobs' these days !

Briar

nice one

He's a sensible kid, who isnt letting his extra bits stop him or get him down. I hope you can continue.

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Wow. What a weird bit of coincidence.

That two of us post our first BC stories at almost the same time, and they're both about gynaecomastia.

Although my character is about to try life as a woman, while yours is just trying to make it through high school.

You've certainly caught my attention, please, continue this if you can...

I only noticed that your story shared a theme with mine because Andrea mentioned it in her comment on my story earlier. We really should have that added as a new category in my opinion.

Then again, maybe this is an even rarer occurrence than I think it is and there really aren't many gynaecomastia stories out there.

Abigail Drew.

Element = Gynecomastia

erin's picture

Now added because of course you are right. And the really odd thing is that I am writing a story about gynecomastia, too. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

I trust.....

Andrea Lena's picture

you'll keep us abreast of your progress?


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Ow. That pun was awful....

Brooke Erickson's picture

Ow. That pun was awful....

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

If you think that was bad...

Try counting the puns in her reply to my story. I think there were three.

Abigail Drew.

Gynecomastia in young males just starting puberty

is rare, but not that uncommon, but also gynecomastia does go away. AIS on the other hand, doesn't. If testosterone in a male body is acting as estrogen, and making the male take on female secondary developments, then it is AIS. Or so my research shows.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Thank you for a good story,

ALISON

Jacqui is also featuring gynecomastia in her story.It is far more common than people think
and I read a medical paper recently that says that food additives may be responsible
for hormone imbalance in teenage males.Don't know how true this is but it makes sense
if you visit a feed lot and see the hormones that are fed to beef cattle.'Drea just left
to have a Big Mac!!

ALISON

Not just food additives

I know I was exposed to Agent Orange pre- and post-birth (at the time of my birth, my parents were farmers in a western country using AO for weed control), and there are enough references around that it is a known cause of gynecomastia, galactorrhea (milk flow) and male erectile dysfunction. A number of related herbicides and pesticides may have similar effects but haven't been as well studied - Agent Orange collects a lot of studies thanks to Vietnam veterans. Do a google search and see what I mean.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=gynecomastia+%22agent+oran...

On top of that we have all the recognised Xenoestrogen's from plastics (often used to hold drinks and leeching may occur) and other infamous sources like DDT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenoestrogen

It's almost a wonder gynecomastia isn't more common.

Possibly slightly more interesting to our community is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diethylstilbestrol
"Several published studies in the medical literature on psycho-neuro-endocrinology have examined the hypothesis that prenatal exposure to estrogens (including DES) may cause significant developmental impact on sexual differentiation of the brain, and on subsequent behavioral and gender identity development in exposed males and females. There is significant evidence linking prenatal hormonal influences on gender identity and transsexual development."

That's right, people have actually done studies on how exposure to these chemicals during pregnancy can affect gender identity. However, this all ratios and not absolutes, so your mileage may vary.

I know the main

I know the main authors/editors of the DES wiki entry from being on a DES-trans email list with them. Even through there has been some work about DES-Sons, it's tiny compared to the work related to DES-daughters.

While, in theory, DES hasn't been used on humans since the 70's (except in certain specific uses), it can still be found in treatments for cattle. (The specific exception where it can occasionally be found to be useful in humans, is HRT for MtF transsexuals.)

Janice (who was exposed, pre-natally)

Huh?

Extravagance's picture

Boys end up growing tits because of exposure to these new chemicals?
Dang.
Sounds like modern science made a BOOB-oo!

Catfolk Pride.PNG

My birth mother was given mass doses of DES

when she was pregnant with me. Now whether my gender identity is a product of the DES, or my soul is definitely female, I don't know, I only know who I am, and I am female regardless of what package I live in. My driver's license and passport attest to that, even though my birth certificate has yet to be changed.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Causative Factors Too Numerous To Count.

At the start of the 21st century, the human race has managed to really bolluk up the environment. In my own family, Is posible exposure to radiation from the nuke tests, just post WWII. Massive amounts of DDT, DES, All sorts of Herbicides, Fetal Alchohol exposure, Cigarettes, and Oh, the list does go on. I believe a major factor for me was also the lack of a good male role model. I really think that I could have suffered through life had it not been for my hating males and then to add insult to injury being mostly biologically male. Of course there is the posibility that I am actually a variation of XXY. I hope to get that all resolved in a few months when I can pay for my own Kariotype Test. It is all a very interesting but twisty road we travel.

Gwendolyn

Please Continue.

This has some real place in fact. Not having this to this degree I still had to live with the results of a little bit of breast tissue when a teenager. it is still something that can happen please let us see where you can take this.

The only bad question is the one not asked.
Is this 1211 or 2011?

The only bad question is the one not asked.

Welcome to BC/TS Brooke.

Morgan could have AIS (Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome, which may include PAIS or even CAIS), which would account for the testosterone in his body acting as estrogen. That would account for the breasts and his hips taking on female proportions. I wrote a story in which it was originally thought the main character had AIS but was in fact a genetic girl. You need to continue this story Brooke because now it is just getting interesting. We need to see how Morgan fares beyond the locker room and school.

What I read I like and I like the way you handled this situation. Thank you for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

It's not AIS, Morgan has

Brooke Erickson's picture

It's not AIS, Morgan has *functional* male genitals.

It's a condition I inventred and doesn't match any of the IS conditions, I've ever read about.

Probably not possible in nature, but it makes for a good story.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Probably not possible in nature...

Possibly, but to be quite frank, there's a lot more they don't understand about genetic gender and sex hormones than what they do. If this were real, I'd be quite frankly very concerned for Morgan's prostate and testicles. Both have a high tendency of becoming cancerous in conditions similar to his own. They are fully functional during puberty and for a while after, but by their late twenties if the imbalance is left untreated... He's just lucky that the problem is so pronounced so soon, gives greater probability of being able to be corrected one way or another before it gets too far progressed.

Abigail Drew.

That's why when I designed

Brooke Erickson's picture

That's why when I designed this (for an entirely different story), I had the receptors outside the crotch area treating testosterone as if it was estrogen rather than having an abnormal hormone balance.

In that idea, it was a forced gene change by a mad scientist type. She wanted it to not be correctable by adding T, or trying to block E.

So Morgan has normal male hormone levels. His body just reacts weirdly to them.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Ah. So this is a weird science/science fiction...

Ah. So this is a weird science/science fiction story. My apologies, I read this first chapter as if it were occurring in the real world.

Still a good read so far, I personally rather like science fiction when treated well, and when treated well, it doesn't really matter too much if the reader assumes it's occurring in the real world. It basically is, just with a hypothesis posed that may or may not really be possible - in the somewhat distant future.

Now I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing where you go with this - I'd also be interested to read the story you originally came up with this condition for.

Abigail Drew.

Well, I'm sticking to the

Brooke Erickson's picture

Well, I'm sticking to the oft-ignored rule that once you have your *one*change from reality you stick with the normal rules from then on.

Alas, the other story is barely an outline.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

...other story is barely an outline.

Alas, I am saddened.

Crap. Now that you've revealed that you write the REAL deal - why DO people insist on ignoring that rule these days? - I'm even more eager.

Anyhow, I have to be patient and willing to wait... After all, I've had my own hard science fiction TG story in development for about two years now, and it's still not showing any signs of progress. I've essentially got two character profiles - for each of the "main" characters, and my "prompt", and my science, and I'm stuck on setting. Ah well. I might have to go back and tweak one of the character profiles and then try the setting again...

But I'm a one large project at a time sort of person, so I've shoved it onto the back burner while I write my current story. It might get pulled forward after finishing Open Your Heart, or it might remain back there as I've already got an idea brewing for one of the open universes on this site.

Abigail Drew.

Because Hollywood doesn't

Brooke Erickson's picture

Because Hollywood doesn't have a clue about SF?

If you want to read more partially finished stuff, I've got some fanfics over on Crystal Hall, and a lot more stuff over on my website:

http://brooke.shadowgard.com/

Be warned, Morgan is pretty vanilla, but I'm a kinky bitch at times and I also explore some darker stuff sometimes.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Bah, Hollywood.

I wasn't even thinking about them and the junk they churn out and pretend is anything remotely like science fiction. Some of it loosely fits within the speculative umbrella, but leans more towards thrillers than anything. Even Horror these days just ain't the same. The most recent serious attempt at a science fiction film (original, not book adaptation) was a box office flop: Final Fantasy: Spirits Within. Great film. Excellent story. Dissenters be... you know.

Nah, even in books, it seems to be becoming much more common to write the softer variety of space opera's rather than some true to it's roots hard sf. About the only one who still writes serious science fiction upon occasion is Orson Scott Card, at least that I've seen. And even he's going a little soft.

I'm finding myself reading more and more high fantasy when it comes to properly published authors, because it's about the only speculative genre that isn't being "modernized" into oblivion. Though modern fantasy can be interesting, and soft SF is still loads better than the stuff from the literary bunch.

Abigail Drew.

Given Card's attitudes about

Brooke Erickson's picture

Given Card's attitudes about gays and the like, I won't read him anymore.

If you want some hard SF and space opera (do note that the two aren't the same), Try looking for some of Ryk Spoor's stuff.

Grand Central Arena is definitely space opera. Boundary and it's sequels are hard sf (and yes, that is a plural).

He's also got some interesting fantasy out there with more possible.

I'm a bit spoiled because I'm one of his beta readers, :-)

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Morgan-Chapter 1

Good start on a new story.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Morgan

Would love to see this continued, up to you thought I have a couple of stories that are not finished either

Samantha

Interesting and enjoyable

Interesting and enjoyable first chapter, thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes from here.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

chapter 2 is up.

Brooke Erickson's picture

chapter 2 is up.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Having read the comments so

Having read the comments so far, it occurs to me that some kind of mosaicism combined with AIS would explain the symptoms seen so far. Morgan seems like an interesting and different character. He has a great deal of self-confidence, which is good to see.